TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some still shots from the MDP video. Look at his right hand. His index and middle finger may have something wrong with them to the point that he can’t bend them. I noticed it because I have a plate in my right finger from breaking it a few years ago.
50a97c5efbf0ced89778a460b823ca85.jpg
331d9cd722ff5298f984247a26dbea96.jpg
4861b55e9de78463bbc96a175f031101.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t get much correspondence here about what I noticed about the SP’s right hand. But, it has been relayed to the MPD. I pray that it’s something that will help them identify the murderer.

If he had been driving through the parking lot frequently and hadn’t been reported he would know the cameras weren’t working. If he was a security guard he could just say that he was driving by and thought he saw something to make him check out the church.

If he had been driving through the parking lot frequently and hadn’t been reported he wouldn't know anything. I doubt very much if the video would have been regularly viewed if there was no sign of a crime having been committed. Even if someone had nothing better to do than review the video from every night and they had seen a car driving through the parking lot what would they have reported? Driving through an empty parking lot in the middle night is not a crime as far as I know.

First point. Sound does carry, at night. Breaking glass could potentially be heard from some distance away. The rain would muffle the sound. More important rain would reduce visibility, and reduce the chances of somebody seeing the suspect outside the church, and calling police.

Second point, respectfully I'm sorry but that logic is totally faulty. First, if MB was targeted, which I don't think there is any evidence she was. Why would the suspect care if her husband was away, or home with the kids? If he wasn't planning to kill MB at home, why would it make a difference of her husband was out of town or not?

Second, how would the suspect know that MB would be alone? She almost wasn't. What if one of the campers arrived before MB? What if another instructor showed up to help MB, for some reason? That would be a terrible plan. That window of opportunity would be way too small. The suspect would be racing against time, hoping that MB wasn't running a few minutes late, or one of the campers didn't show up a few minutes earlier. If any of them did, he would be going to prison for a long time. Does that really sound like a chance the suspect would take?

Third, the only person who would be able to carry out such an elaborate plot would be someone not only with intimate knowledge of MB's work schedule and work routine, but also her entire family's schedule. Only a few people could possibly been privy to all that knowledge, and they have all been cleared of possible involvement a long time ago.

The targeting theory is far fetched to begin with. Ad in the incredible amount of detailed knowledge the suspect would have to have had about MB's personal life, it becomes an impossibility IMHO.
It is hardly far fetched. But then, I wonder if you're not reading all the posts. I've already answered all your "points" in previous posts. Respectfully, if you get a chance, go back and read those replies.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

No offense, but what's "far fetched" is the notion that someone got dressed in fake swat gear, went to a church/center at 4am, broke in in order to cause minor and meaningless damage to a few things but then somehow ended up bludgeoning a woman to death with a hammer. That's "far fetched". The person was there at that time, dressed as they were dressed, and armed with a hammer because he/she was there to kill Missy Bevers. I agree, though, that this person needed to have intimate knowledge of Missy's schedule and movements.

It is not too far fetched the tragedy happening. On average 20 people a week are murdered during a robbery or burglary. It is possible the victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The perp was spending several minutes in each room, obviously looking for something. One of the posts said it was early Monday morning - this is the classic time to rob a church after the big Sunday services, and before money is banked during work hours on Monday.

Banks are closed on Sunday there so the church would be holding a significant amount of cash.

14 months earlier a church in Houston was robbed of $600,000 from a safe at the same time - late Sunday evening/early Monday morning.

the driver of the Nissan Altima could of been connected. They scoped out the church, broke into the church, drove off and waited for police or a security patrol. Once clear after an hour or two he returned thinking he had all the time in the world.

People are suggesting it was a targeted murder and it was due to the perps intimate knowledge of the victims schedule. It makes no sense to me at all if someone has such detailed information on her whereabouts they would pick the one location for murder which is covered in security cameras.

Why would a church hide deposits anywhere but a safe in the office? Makes no sense that someone would be looking for something of value in a children’s classroom. Also, not all churches do this...but, a lot will do the deposit on Sunday via the deposit box.

Still can’t wrap my mind around how this could be anything but targeted. My reasoning as been made clear throughout the threads. They knew they were on video and knew they had to throw investigators off. You don’t put all that on just to maybe find a small deposit.

ALL JMO

The perp was spending several minutes in each room, obviously looking for something. One of the posts said it was early Monday morning - this is the classic time to rob a church after the big Sunday services, and before money is banked during work hours on Monday.

Banks are closed on Sunday there so the church would be holding a significant amount of cash.

14 months earlier a church in Houston was robbed of $600,000 from a safe at the same time - late Sunday evening/early Monday morning.

the driver of the Nissan Altima could of been connected. They scoped out the church, broke into the church, drove off and waited for police or a security patrol. Once clear after an hour or two he returned thinking he had all the time in the world.

People are suggesting it was a targeted murder and it was due to the perps intimate knowledge of the victims schedule. It makes no sense to me at all if someone has such detailed information on her whereabouts they would pick the one location for murder which is covered in security cameras.
SP spent several minutes in each room? I haven't seen or heard that.
Would you have a link for that.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Why would a church hide deposits anywhere but a safe in the office? Makes no sense that someone would be looking for something of value in a children’s classroom. Also, not all churches do this...but, a lot will do the deposit on Sunday via the deposit box.

Still can’t wrap my mind around how this could be anything but targeted. My reasoning as been made clear throughout the threads. They knew they were on video and knew they had to throw investigators off. You don’t put all that on just to maybe find a small deposit.

ALL JMO

Our perp after exiting the kitchen made a counterclockwise circuit around the church. In doing so, the offices were the last area that he came to. If this is the first time SP has been in this building, then he has no idea what's behind each door. So he has to open them just to see. Once he gets down to the offices - we have no idea what happens because the camera doesn't pick up the offices. He could have been in there for a long time, looking for money. An unchurched person really has no idea how much money a particular church is going to have - only that it might have some. And you put "all that on" for the reasons we've discussed: identity concealment, DNA containment, water resistance, physical protection, possibly a little roleplay. And it leaves us all guessing because if we saw in that video a guy with a ski mask on and wearing a T-shirt and jeans, we wouldn't be sitting around arguing targeted vs untargeted.

Yeah, it's a lot to put on, but do you think this guy has something better to do?

First point. Sound does carry, at night. Breaking glass could potentially be heard from some distance away. The rain would muffle the sound. More important rain would reduce visibility, and reduce the chances of somebody seeing the suspect outside the church, and calling police.

Respectfully, have you studied a map of the area around the CCoC? It's on a hill all by itself. The closest business is SWFA. All others are miles away. I agree the rain made SPs visibility less likely for passengers in vehicles driving along Chris Kyle Memorial Highway the ability to spot SP.

Second point, respectfully I'm sorry but that logic is totally faulty. First, if MB was targeted, which I don't think there is any evidence she was. Why would the suspect care if her husband was away, or home with the kids? If he wasn't planning to kill MB at home, why would it make a difference of her husband was out of town or not?

Perhaps the SP did know MBs husband would be out of town, after all, BB posted it onto his FB pg the month before, in March. In most murders of a spouse, it is common for LE to investigate the surviving spouse thoroughly. BBs bucket list trip even have some of us most curious. With that stated, it was a golden opportunity to kill MB since her husband was out of town, SP knew LE would be busy digging into BBs activities.

Second, how would the suspect know that MB would be alone? She almost wasn't. What if one of the campers arrived before MB? What if another instructor showed up to help MB, for some reason? That would be a terrible plan. That window of opportunity would be way too small. The suspect would be racing against time, hoping that MB wasn't running a few minutes late, or one of the campers didn't show up a few minutes earlier. If any of them did, he would be going to prison for a long time. Does that really sound like a chance the suspect would take?

Not sure what you mean by "she almost wasn't" alone. Her daughter typically attended the next CG training class with her mother. After the 5am class ended, MB would return home to get two daughters prepared for school. Then, her other daughter would go to the next training session with her mother. Only one trainer is needed for a CG session. MB was not known to be late for her jobs. And, by the way, CGs did arrive at the Church very early. They simply stayed in their cars until 5am.

Third, the only person who would be able to carry out such an elaborate plot would be someone not only with intimate knowledge of MB's work schedule and work routine, but also her entire family's schedule. Only a few people could possibly been privy to all that knowledge, and they have all been cleared of possible involvement a long time ago.

Absolutely, SP knew quite a bit about MB and her schedules. Her itinerary was an open book on her public Facebook. SP knew because BB posted the fishing trip. MB posted her trip to Austin. MB posted if it's raining we're training. SP knew she would have class even if it rained because SP was watching and waiting for the most opportune time to attack.

The targeting theory is far fetched to begin with. Ad in the incredible amount of detailed knowledge the suspect would have to have had about MB's personal life, it becomes an impossibility IMHO.

SP was not nervous one bit. The light tapping of his fingers along the wall was a sign of confidence. SP was performing simple search and clear missions in the Church. SP was trained to withhold emotions while maintaining vigilance. SP knew the plan of a near perfect crime would keep SP out of prison.

]We gleaned a great deal of data from Creekside Church of Christ's Facebook photos. SP could have done the same thing we did. SP likely studied MBs FB pg very closely. My theory is that SP knew MB very well but not in an intimate fashion.

i have spent the last two days reading all these threads, just enthralled by all of it. i so bad want to know who and why. i think IF the car in the gun shop parking lot was involved, possibly the SP had broken the door he was going to enter in then hid out in the parking lot to see if any cops responded. possibly with a cb or some type of scanner. Also was it ever figured out why he/she was holding either saran wrap or aluminum foil? (i personally think its a female and have so since the first time ive seen the video, before reading here or anywhere else)

If he had been driving through the parking lot frequently and hadn’t been reported he wouldn't know anything. I doubt very much if the video would have been regularly viewed if there was no sign of a crime having been committed. Even if someone had nothing better to do than review the video from every night and they had seen a car driving through the parking lot what would they have reported? Driving through an empty parking lot in the middle night is not a crime as far as I know.

It’s a crime when there are No Trespassing signs posted.

I feel 95% targeted, 5% random at this point. Seems as if every article I’ve read and TV interview I’ve seen that have included current and former LE officials, prosecutors, and defense attorneys (local and national), most have all leaned targeted. I have no reason not to trust their knowledge and experience in these types of cases. My gut instinct has told me targeted from the very beginning. I’m going to be absolutely shocked if this case turns out to be a random act.

That is one of reasons I lean toward a random event where Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know we still have to consider the possibility of a planned murder, I just think it is the least likely of the two scenarios.

i have spent the last two days reading all these threads, just enthralled by all of it. i so bad want to know who and why. i think IF the car in the gun shop parking lot was involved, possibly the SP had broken the door he was going to enter in then hid out in the parking lot to see if any cops responded. possibly with a cb or some type of scanner. Also was it ever figured out why he/she was holding either saran wrap or aluminum foil? (i personally think its a female and have so since the first time ive seen the video, before reading here or anywhere else)

In the beginning when the videos of the car in gun store parking lot came up I thought there was little reason to connect it to the murder. Recently I heard the theory of watching for responding LE in a podcast. Now I'm less likely to believe it has no connection. I had not thought about the scanner. If SP thought of the disguise, they likely might have thought of a police scanner as well.

Our perp after exiting the kitchen made a counterclockwise circuit around the church. In doing so, the offices were the last area that he came to. If this is the first time SP has been in this building, then he has no idea what's behind each door. So he has to open them just to see. Once he gets down to the offices - we have no idea what happens because the camera doesn't pick up the offices. He could have been in there for a long time, looking for money. An unchurched person really has no idea how much money a particular church is going to have - only that it might have some. And you put "all that on" for the reasons we've discussed: identity concealment, DNA containment, water resistance, physical protection, possibly a little roleplay. And it leaves us all guessing because if we saw in that video a guy with a ski mask on and wearing a T-shirt and jeans, we wouldn't be sitting around arguing targeted vs untargeted.

Yeah, it's a lot to put on, but do you think this guy has something better to do?

My point was SP wouldn’t put all that on just to break in somewhere. They did that knowing there was going to be a struggle and didn’t want to leave any evidence, because this was targeted. JMO

Just a thought, a question.
If you were going to subdue a super fit woman, wouldn’t it make more sense to wear less cumbersome clothing? The Perp could have achieved anonymity with something easier to maneuver in. The helmet, in particular, would make movements laborious. Unless they are used to wearing one, as in a motorcyclist.

In the beginning when the videos of the car in gun store parking lot came up I thought there was little reason to connect it to the murder. Recently I heard the theory of watching for responding LE in a podcast. Now I'm less likely to believe it has no connection. I had not thought about the scanner. If SP thought of the disguise, they likely might have thought of a police scanner as well.

I think there is much more to be learned about this case by digging much much deeper in to a possible connection to the gun store. Chances are they were a customer there. iMHO.

My point was SP wouldn’t put all that on just to break in somewhere. They did that knowing there was going to be a struggle and didn’t want to leave any evidence, because this was targeted. JMO

Ok,so devil's advocate, in this case coming back over to the targeted side. What if we accept that it was targeted. But SP is not there to actually struggle and hurt or kill the target - he is there to create the sense of danger and then be the savior. But his twist is to turn it into a sexual encounter. This would be someone with LE aspirations or former LE or security. Heard from an arson investigator once that when there is a fire in a commercial building, the security guards are the first people they look at. They're known to have a hero mentality. So they will start a fire in order to put it out and be the hero, only sometimes they can't.

So in this scenario the LE/security type knows that there is a woman who arrives at this church before anyone else. Maybe he knows her name. Maybe he's only seen her somewhere and it really doesn't matter who she is - he takes note of the fact that she's blonde, and very fit. And something about her makes him think that what he's planning to do, she will let him go with it.

Only, she doesn't. Maybe she actually recognizes him. Maybe she has no intention of playing along no matter who it is. So his plan to lead her to safety in an interior room and then have a sexual encounter with her goes south when she hits him, hard. And she is stronger than him, so he uses his hammer to equalize. And it makes him angry that she is stronger than he is, so he keeps on going.

So we'd have to look at POIs in this case and ask ourselves, is there anyone who has a history of doing this to women - creating a dangerous situation and then swooping in to save the day, only to turn it sexual while he's at it?

That is one of reasons I lean toward a random event where Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know we still have to consider the possibility of a planned murder, I just think it is the least likely of the two scenarios.

Exactly. If she were the intended target you wouldn’t see this person meandering around, piddling half heartedly with doors, appearing leisurely and random. They would have lay in wait and swiftly executed.
This is some idiot that watched too many episodes of cops, and was living out some fantasy while doing some petty pilfering. Poor Missy just had the misfortune of startling him I *speculate*.

This being said, *if* this was a premeditated hit, (and I do not believe it was), they certainly weren’t focused on their target, and were very amateurish. Why was this person so nonchalant and seemingly half hearted in their actions vs. laser focused on the supposed act of a targeted hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz