TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,so devil's advocate, in this case coming back over to the targeted side. What if we accept that it was targeted. But SP is not there to actually struggle and hurt or kill the target - he is there to create the sense of danger and then be the savior. But his twist is to turn it into a sexual encounter. This would be someone with LE aspirations or former LE or security. Heard from an arson investigator once that when there is a fire in a commercial building, the security guards are the first people they look at. They're known to have a hero mentality. So they will start a fire in order to put it out and be the hero, only sometimes they can't.

So in this scenario the LE/security type knows that there is a woman who arrives at this church before anyone else. Maybe he knows her name. Maybe he's only seen her somewhere and it really doesn't matter who she is - he takes note of the fact that she's blonde, and very fit. And something about her makes him think that what he's planning to do, she will let him go with it.

Only, she doesn't. Maybe she actually recognizes him. Maybe she has no intention of playing along no matter who it is. So his plan to lead her to safety in an interior room and then have a sexual encounter with her goes south when she hits him, hard. And she is stronger than him, so he uses his hammer to equalize. And it makes him angry that she is stronger than he is, so he keeps on going.

So we'd have to look at POIs in this case and ask ourselves, is there anyone who has a history of doing this to women - creating a dangerous situation and then swooping in to save the day, only to turn it sexual while he's at it?

IMO this murder was going to be done no matter what...and it had nothing to do with perp wanting to take advantage of her sexually. They came to the church in that outfit, on that day, at that time to kill her. If it comes out one day that I’m wrong, than so be it. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point was SP wouldn’t put all that on just to break in somewhere. They did that knowing there was going to be a struggle and didn’t want to leave any evidence, because this was targeted. JMO

Why do you think Missy was targeted?
Why would someone want to murder her in your opinion?

IMO this murder was going to be done no matter what...and it had nothing to do with perp wanting to take advantage of her sexually. They came to the church in that outfit, on that day, at that time to kill her. If it comes out one day that I’m wrong, than so be it. JMO

So you're saying you're open-minded about it? ;)

I feel 95% targeted, 5% random at this point. Seems as if every article I’ve read and TV interview I’ve seen that have included current and former LE officials, prosecutors, and defense attorneys (local and national), most have all leaned targeted. I have no reason not to trust their knowledge and experience in these types of cases. My gut instinct has told me targeted from the very beginning. I’m going to be absolutely shocked if this case turns out to be a random act.

I’ll ask you the same question I did Jane. Why Missy? Why do you think someone wanted her dead? I’m trying to examine this from the “hit” perspective, and the logic isn’t adding up for me. Open to exploring this concept further. I haven’t read anything this far that made her a target from what I can tell.

i have spent the last two days reading all these threads, just enthralled by all of it. i so bad want to know who and why. i think IF the car in the gun shop parking lot was involved, possibly the SP had broken the door he was going to enter in then hid out in the parking lot to see if any cops responded. possibly with a cb or some type of scanner. Also was it ever figured out why he/she was holding either saran wrap or aluminum foil? (i personally think its a female and have so since the first time ive seen the video, before reading here or anywhere else)

Aside from being short, why do you think they are female?
I have seen a few others suggest that, and I’m wondering what you are seeing.
It would be very unusual for a woman to break in and attack in this manner.
Very interesting case.

I'm stuck on 100% targeted, preponderance of evidence that it is a female, and hated Missy for her reputation........not necessarily for anything that Missy had done to SP, but possibly for what was either perceived to have been done to others or another, that SP was motivated to avenge. I know who Jethro suspects, and he may be right, but I really still think that the perp is female. JMO ETA This was a sadistic execution. I'm sure that SP enjoyed it and has no regrets.

I'm stuck on 100% targeted, preponderance of evidence that it is a female, and hated Missy for her reputation........not necessarily for anything that Missy had done to SP, but possibly for what was either perceived to have been done to others or another, that SP was motivated to avenge. I know who Jethro suspects, and he may be right, but I really still think that the perp is female. JMO ETA This was a sadistic execution. I'm sure that SP enjoyed it and has no regrets.

I’m right there with you.

I'm still not understanding why you think someone would murder Missy. I read the various remarks in MSM that suggested there might have been some stress in her marriage. Nothing particularly new about that, as evidenced by the high divorce rate in this country.

Why would anyone want to intentionally kill this woman? She seemed to be well loved and helped a great many people break through all sorts of barriers with her fitness camps.

I'm still not understanding why you think someone would murder Missy. I read the various remarks in MSM that suggested there might have been some stress in her marriage. Nothing particularly new about that, as evidenced by the high divorce rate in this country.

Why would anyone want to intentionally kill this woman? She seemed to be well loved and helped a great many people break through all sorts of barriers with her fitness camps.

1. Perhaps Dating, flirting outside of a marriage with individuals who are also dating and flirting outside their marriages.

2. MB friends’ have stated she enjoyed helping others. Perhaps she befriended someone who was in a bad relationship and the third party did not appreciate her interference.

3. Perhaps MB rebuffed someone’s advances who was obsessed with her.

4. Perhaps someone was incensed by MB because they perceived her as being the reason they lost their job, relationship, or caused embarrassment to them or someone they loved.

The list could go on obviously but the point is the reason someone might want to kill her would be based on intimate details of the case and her private life that we are not privy to.

It’s probably safe to assume the perp is not an emotionally stable person. IF MB was targeted chances are whatever grievance perp perceived w her was not handled in a way most people would. JMOO

JMOO

I just feel like this is one of those weird cases where so much of the evidence could be reasonably interpreted as evidence of targeted vs non-targeted depending on how you look at it.

It mostly screams "targeted" to me, but I can definitely see the arguments for the murder being non-targeted.

The biggest problem for me in terms of it being targeted is the damage SP did inside the church. If he was going to "lay in wait", why would he want a bunch of visible damage in the church's interior? If MB passed any of that before entering wherever the SP was, she would have probably just fled and called the cops.

I'm still 85% targeted, but I used to be 99%.

1. Perhaps Dating, flirting outside of a marriage with individuals who are also dating and flirting outside their marriages.

2. MB friends’ have stated she enjoyed helping others. Perhaps she befriended someone who was in a bad relationship and the third party did not appreciate her interference.

3. Perhaps MB rebuffed someone’s advances who was obsessed with her.

4. Perhaps someone was incensed by MB because they perceived her as being the reason they lost their job, relationship, or caused embarrassment to them or someone they loved.

The list could go on obviously but the point is the reason someone might want to kill her would be based on intimate details of the case and her private life that we are not privy to.

It’s probably safe to assume the perp is not an emotionally stable person. IF MB was targeted chances are whatever grievance perp perceived w her was not handled in a way most people would. JMOO

JMOO

I thought you guys knew something I had missed. Looking at that video again, and considering your list, I still can’t agree with your assessment. The Perp does not look like they are getting ready for a kill. They are fuddling about, not getting ready to attack. They were surprised by Missy and lashed out is what that video is strongly suggesting.

Now if you know something like she had been having an affair and a betrayed spouse had threatened revenge, then that would sway this in favor of your theory. So far I have not heard any concrete evidence of anything like that.
If you know otherwise then please share and I will re-examine. Otherwise, the video does not appear to support your speculation, at least the part we have been shown.

Respectfully, my amateur opinion and speculation.

I just feel like this is one of those weird cases where so much of the evidence could be reasonably interpreted as evidence of targeted vs non-targeted depending on how you look at it.

It mostly screams "targeted" to me, but I can definitely see the arguments for the murder being non-targeted.

The biggest problem for me in terms of it being targeted is the damage SP did inside the church. If he was going to "lay in wait", why would he want a bunch of visible damage in the church's interior? If MB passed any of that before entering wherever the SP was, she would have probably just fled and called the cops.

I think they did it to cause the confusion that we’ve been discussing since it happened; targeted or untargeted.

IMO perp knew her routine and exactly where she would walk in and this was well planned out. It’s almost like it was a game to them to be able to roam around waiting on her. JMO

I think they did it to cause the confusion that we’ve been discussing since it happened; targeted or untargeted.

IMO perp knew her routine and exactly where she would walk in and this was well planned out. It’s almost like it was a game to them to be able to roam around waiting on her. JMO

Jane, this is where you and I have completely different interpretations of the Perp’s movements. You see them as shrewd and calculating, and I see them as disorganized and amateurish, right down to the fake cop getup. Some dimwit playing commando.

JMO If targeted then perp wanted it to look like a break in/ burglary so LE and others would think MB was in the wrong place at the wrong time;)

JMO If targeted then perp wanted it to look like a break in/ burglary so LE and others would think MB was in the wrong place at the wrong time;)

Fair enough, but if it was targeted, that damage would create something like a 50/50 chance MB would discover it before the murder could even happen.

I understand creating a diversion in evidence, but how worth it would it be if the planned crime had a strong chance of not happening as a direct result of the ruse?

The “creepy” social media post is compelling, but really, many good looking women receive creepy messages, but of course in this case we have a murdered fitness instructor.

Now let me throw a curve ball out for consideration that could support the speculation this was a hit. What if all this fumbling and diddling around was because the individual was drunk or drugged?

I also wonder if the force of the blows Missy endured support male or female strength, and right or left handed.

Fair enough, but if it was targeted, that damage would create something like a 50/50 chance MB would discover it before the murder could even happen.

I understand creating a diversion in evidence, but how worth it would it be if the planned crime had a strong chance of not happening as a direct result of the ruse?

This is a compelling point.

For the same reason they sent her odd messages on her Sm

This is a good point, and this is why smart women in any “provider” type of business draw clear boundaries with clients. Some become obsessed, and misinterpret attention as part of a service, personal training or whatever, as a signal for potential intimacy.

Exactly. If she were the intended target you wouldn’t see this person meandering around, piddling half heartedly with doors, appearing leisurely and random. They would have lay in wait and swiftly executed.
This is some idiot that watched too many episodes of cops, and was living out some fantasy while doing some petty pilfering. Poor Missy just had the misfortune of startling him I *speculate*.

This being said, *if* this was a premeditated hit, (and I do not believe it was), they certainly weren’t focused on their target, and were very amateurish. Why was this person so nonchalant and seemingly half hearted in their actions vs. laser focused on the supposed act of a targeted hit?

bbm
Maybe, the real murderer was hidden the same time, when his accomplice padded easily drunk along the hallways and played with the cameras and unknown double dutch doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz