TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I am a bit more encouraged that MPD is taking a new swing at this case. If I could offer them one suggestion it would be for them to try to figure out when the glass on the NorthEast corner doors (rear of the church) were broken. That element of the crime is seemingly out of place. It happened so it must fit in the sequence of events. That should give them some insight as to whether prior assumptions still hold.

I don't suspect the campers at all, but they are critical witnesses. I don't need to know their names. Assign them numbers, and tell us what they witnessed and when. I imagine that a sizeable number of people in town already know what went down, but different witnesses have different perspectives...and then there's the old grapevine problem where the actual facts get embellished and blurred.......JMO

Agreed on that...and I think it will at trial (if/when.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE won't even provide redacted 911 calls and/or transcripts. Which I find surprising given the media attention this case had originally.

What could the reasons be for withholding the 911 calls?

What could the reasons be for withholding the 911 calls?

Some random person could use the information in the calls to falsely claim responsibility for the murder, as often happens. By not releasing all the details of the case, investigators can easily weed those people out.

Seriously. I don't even know what to say. If a poster feels that evidence is being is being misconstrued, (s)he is free to scroll and roll. We all choose what information is valuable and what is not.

Thank you for this fantastic post. IMO, it highlights that a family or investigator willing to go the extra mile increases the likelihood of a case being solved. It's part of the reason that I find it so troublesome that the family has repeatedly come out and said that they would rather move on than the case be solved. Why would they send a message to SP that no one is looking for him? And the police have parroted the same. In effect LE said that they need a member from the public so come forward with a tip so they will just wait for that tip. It's utterly disheartening. Why the indifference? It's bothersome to say the least.

The thread is about Missy and the information surrounding her case. As I said in my original post about this issue, I have no idea what BB is or is not doing. I really don't. However, I don't think that he does himself and his family any favors when he sends a letter to the media saying that he is ready to move on from his wife's murder and won't be talking to them anymore, and then he does a national interview with his girls a few days later.

I originally had the family at the top of my list, but when 2016 came to an end without an arrest, I changed things around. If anyone on the original SW was involved, I would have thought that there would have been an arrest by now. To that end, I have tried to refrain from making comments about their behavior and their apparent reaction to Missy's death. However, I stand by my assessment that it is not normal for a victim's family to say that they are "more interested in moving on than in finding the killer [of the victim]." And I will refrain from sharing my thoughts on the psychological impact that outlook is going to have on the girls as they get older, as they reach adulthood, and ultimately when they have children of their own.

I agree with you about Ellis County (EC). As I previously said, CB's FOIA document shows how many EC responders were at the original processing of the murder scene. People can choose to get all bent out of shape over the fact that the information was obtained and shared, or we can actually use the information provided to us to do something with it. Hopefully, it can help us move this case forward.

The way it *appears* is that the family doesn't mind that she's gone, so there's no point wasting time searching for someone who solved a problem for them.

Editing to add that I am referring to the Brandon and the Bevers side of the family, not Missy's own family.

Thanks Gae for your reply.

I'd like, for the moment, to suspend any belief that BB was involved but......
explore the possibility that it is someone who knows him well.

Why?

1). MB's murder occurred while BB was out of town. A rookie mistake imo as this is sometimes the case where the husband just happens to be out of town therefore it couldn't be him kind of thing. Someone wanted to make sure BB didn't get blamed. Little did SP know imo, that it can arouse suspicion on the spouse regardless of where he may have been or if he had any part in it.

2). How did SP know MB would be inside and working out in-between the front of the Worship center and the Main West side entrance? Because SP knew that's where she holds classes on rainy days.

3). How did SP know that MB's eldest daughter wouldn't be accompanying her that morning? Because someone close to MB knew.

4). How did SP know where to ambush MB? Because SP knew there was not a working camera (speculating, I do not know this for a fact) in the grand entrance foyer and that SP wouldn't be seen waiting there as MB came down the hall making ambush quick.

5).How did SP know that MB would eventually come to that spot? Speculating again, but turning the lights on in the center West foyer must have been one of the first things she did.

6). Why not just murder MB at her home while BB was away? Because this person close to BB and MB knew that the kids would be tramatized by this, seeing her body and all the police vehicles.

7). Why did SP go to all the trouble making it look like a break-in? So no one would suspect family? Again, another rookie mistake imo.

8). Why did SP dress up in all that gear? Because SP needed to keep their identity secret, didn't want to leave any DNA, and SP possibly needed to protect themselves against MB if SP didn't get her disabled quickly.

These 8 conditions are a compilation
of many different WebSleuthers opinions that should help narrow down the suspect list.

In my mind, it is quite possible BB has a strong inkling of who this could be.
I also think LE has a very good idea of who this is.

This case will be solved. Of that I
have no doubt.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Question 2: she went into the building every time, regardless of where the actual workout was.

Question 3: her daughter went to the 9 am workouts with her sometimes, not the 5 am workouts. At some point I researched this because I wondered the same thing and now I don't remember where I found the info, but that's what I learned.

4: From what it appears, there were only cameras in the hallways and not in any of the rooms. So it wasn't about working or non-working cameras, it just had to happen in a room instead of a hallway.

6: I mentioned this a long time ago too. The person wanted to commit the murder away from her home for a reason, for sure.

7: I don't even think they were trying to "stage" the scene as a simple break-in/vandalism. I think they were just killing time while they waited for her to get there.

8: The costume was definitely to prevent their DNA from being left at the scene. They had basically every inch of their body covered, completely minimizing the risk of any fingerprints, skin, hair, or blood being left behind. If it's true the murder weapon was left behind, they felt really confident about their lack of forensic evidence left behind.

Thanks Gae for your reply.

I'd like, for the moment, to suspend any belief that BB was involved but......
explore the possibility that it is someone who knows him well.

Why?

1). MB's murder occurred while BB was out of town. A rookie mistake imo as this is sometimes the case where the husband just happens to be out of town therefore it couldn't be him kind of thing. Someone wanted to make sure BB didn't get blamed. Little did SP know imo, that it can arouse suspicion on the spouse regardless of where he may have been or if he had any part in it.

2). How did SP know MB would be inside and working out in-between the front of the Worship center and the Main West side entrance? Because SP knew that's where she holds classes on rainy days.

3). How did SP know that MB's eldest daughter wouldn't be accompanying her that morning? Because someone close to MB knew.

4). How did SP know where to ambush MB? Because SP knew there was not a working camera (speculating, I do not know this for a fact) in the grand entrance foyer and that SP wouldn't be seen waiting there as MB came down the hall making ambush quick.

5).How did SP know that MB would eventually come to that spot? Speculating again, but turning the lights on in the center West foyer must have been one of the first things she did.

6). Why not just murder MB at her home while BB was away? Because this person close to BB and MB knew that the kids would be tramatized by this, seeing her body and all the police vehicles.

7). Why did SP go to all the trouble making it look like a break-in? So no one would suspect family? Again, another rookie mistake imo.

8). Why did SP dress up in all that gear? Because SP needed to keep their identity secret, didn't want to leave any DNA, and SP possibly needed to protect themselves against MB if SP didn't get her disabled quickly.

These 8 conditions are a compilation
of many different WebSleuthers opinions that should help narrow down the suspect list.

In my mind, it is quite possible BB has a strong inkling of who this could be.
I also think LE has a very good idea of who this is.

This case will be solved. Of that I
have no doubt.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

:goodpost:

It is, however, likely that when other people entered and the camera(s) activated Missy and where specifically she was found would be seen on camera as the cameras can see well beyond the point where they activate for motion. If the detail of where specifically Missy was killed in the church is being held back we will not get to see those images. This is especially true if Missy were to have been found in the South Hall rather than the West hall since only one camera would active for the South Hall but two cameras - the one looking East down the South Hall and then the one looking North up the West Hall - would activate if Missy were in the West hall. If the latter were the case then theoretically LE could release what you would like to see. Though, as I explain it likely would indicate which direction Missy had gone and where she likely was killed more concretely.

According to the last snippet released on WS, that many of us had the chance to view, I memorized a portion, that stated in the Officer's report, he "walked through the Southern Breezeway doors into the Main Foyer and to the North side of the Church" where he then, explained viewing Missy.

This statement is incongruent with what LE told us about MB being discovered in the SW section of the Church. Thus, I cannot reconcile the report's data with what we've been told previously by LEO.

However, if we flip his directions, to state he entered the Northern breezeway doors into the Main Foyer and to the South side of the Church, it fits properly with what we have been told officially by LE.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

I decided to rewatch the CCoC surveillance video this evening. It's the first time that I have viewed it in several months. While I noticed several new things, there were two things that jumped out at me. Both of them start around 26 seconds into the linked video. First, the camera that is recording this is likely the same camera that captured MB as she entered the church. We can get a sense of where MB would have been out of range or where she may have entered a blind spot. Just something to think about.

Second, we have always been puzzled by SP's lazy approach to the door that he encounters around 35 seconds into the video. He puts the tool into the doorjamb and tugs lightly. When that doesn't work, he gives the tool an extra tap. He then pulls on the handle of the door a few times. He walks away. These motions are completely inconsistent with what see in the rest of the video. In the rest of the video, SP doesn't hesitate to smash glass. When SP couldn't gain entry through the NE doors of CCoC, he wasn't deterred. He moved onto the northern door. Based on the pictures of that door, SP struggled to gain entry. He had to exert a tremendous amount of force to rip the handle off the door as indicated by the long indention/ scratch marks left behind. Why didn't SP tackle the door in the SW corridor, the one featured at the 35 second mark of the surveillance video, in the same way? An interior door would be far easier to breach than an exterior one. The answer is finally obvious to me. He knew that Missy would see that door. He couldn't cause any damage that would alert Missy to the fact that something was amiss. He needed the upperhand. So many things about this case are finally coming into focus.

For a number of reasons, this SP was bold!

According to the last snippet released on WS, that many of us had the chance to view, I memorized a portion, that stated in the Officer's report, he "walked through the Southern Breezeway doors into the Main Foyer and to the North side of the Church" where he then, explained viewing Missy.

You have misquoted what was written, which has then apparently led to you not grasping how it could fit.

The exact sentence was:
"We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer to the north side of the church."

It is my belief that the writer in that sentence was describing the foyer itself, it being "the main foyer [that extends] to the north side of the church." The "south breezeway doors" would be the last set of doors when going from the porte cochere into the foyer. Then, somewhere in that foyer was the place from which he saw MB's body. HOWEVER, it doesn't say how much later or exactly where in the foyer he then was when he saw MB's body, so we're still left in the dark.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

I decided to rewatch the CCoC surveillance video this evening. It's the first time that I have viewed it in several months. While I noticed several new things, there were two things that jumped out at me. Both of them start around 26 seconds into the linked video. First, the camera that is recording this is likely the same camera that captured MB as she entered the church. We can get a sense of where MB would have been out of range or where she may have entered a blind spot. Just something to think about.

Second, we have always been puzzled by SP's lazy approach to the door that he encounters around 35 seconds into the video. He puts the tool into the doorjamb and tugs lightly. When that doesn't work, he gives the tool an extra tap. He then pulls on the handle of the door a few times. He walks away. These motions are completely inconsistent with what see in the rest of the video. In the rest of the video, SP doesn't hesitate to smash glass. When SP couldn't gain entry through the NE doors of CCoC, he wasn't deterred. He moved onto the northern door. Based on the pictures of that door, SP struggled to gain entry. He had to exert a tremendous amount of force to rip the handle off the door as indicated by the long indention/ scratch marks left behind. Why didn't SP tackle the door in the SW corridor, the one featured at the 35 second mark of the surveillance video, in the same way? An interior door would be far easier to breach than an exterior one. The answer is finally obvious to me. He knew that Missy would see that door. He couldn't cause any damage that would alert Missy to the fact that something was amiss. He needed the upperhand. So many things about this case are finally coming into focus.

For a number of reasons, this SP was bold!
The first camera that would see Missy entering the church would be the camera view you see in the section of the video immediately following the sequence in the main hallway as SP goes to the South hall starting with the Dutch Double doors. That camera is the one with the view of the entry. If Missy went down the Main hall (west) she would be seen on two cameras one after the other.

As for SP's activity, not opening that door is a puzzle. I am fairly confident that it had more to do with how the scene was being staged. I suppose if somehow that door opened without too much damage we would have seen it left open (to one degree or another) like the prior door. What is an unanswered question for me is whether or not the Dutch Double doors were left as we had last seen them in the released video. If they looked like we last saw them then something would look rather amiss to Missy I believe.

I definitely agree that SP was bold!

This statement is incongruent with what LE told us about MB being discovered in the SW section of the Church. Thus, I cannot reconcile the report's data with what we've been told previously by LEO.

However, if we flip his directions, to state he entered the Northern breezeway doors into the Main Foyer and to the South side of the Church, it fits properly with what we have been told officially by LE.

You have misquoted what was written, which has then apparently led to you not grasping how it could fit.

The exact sentence was:
"We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer to the north side of the church."

It is my belief that the writer in that sentence was describing the foyer itself, it being "the main foyer [that extends] to the north side of the church." The "south breezeway doors" would be the last set of doors when going from the porte cochere into the foyer. Then, somewhere in that foyer was the place from which he saw MB's body. HOWEVER, it doesn't say how much later or exactly where in the foyer he then was when he saw MB's body, so we're still left in the dark.

"We walked through the southern breezeway doors into the main foyer and to the north side of the church"

I've edited the content to reflect the more accurate statement. I should have glanced at your earlier post that quoted the statement.

It is your interpretation that the Officer noted the main foyer as meaning the entire length of the west corridor from south to north? Fine. I can possibly go along with that interpretation.

What I cannot agree with is that he never walked to the north side of the church since he included that portion in the report: "walked .... to the north side of the church." I must believe he walked to the north side, for whatever reason, or it would not be in his statement. I cannot simply discard it.

Screenshot (126).jpg

SP CCoC Map.jpg

Why would he leave all the doors open that he went into and came out of? I believe it’s because he wasn’t expecting anyone to come into the church while he was there. If he was waiting on Missy he would’ve shut the doors so she didn’t get suspicious and not stay inside the church. I believe when she saw the doors open she also heard him in the sanctuary and went to the main west entrance to see what the noise was. This is when they met each other and the camera had turned off. JMHO and speculation.

What I cannot agree with is that he never walked to the north side of the church since he included that portion in the report: "walked .... to the north side of the church." I must believe he walked to the north side, for whatever reason, or it would not be in his statement. I cannot simply discard it.

You are certainly free to understand that sentence as you wish, but my point is that there is room to see it as having a different meaning than you are giving it.

The question is, what is the antecedent that "to the north side of the church" is describing? And the answer is, we can't be sure, but it can be either of 2 possibilities. That phrase could be describing the foyer, as to its size, or it could be describing the walk, as to its extent.

In your interpretation of the antecedent, the sentence is saying that the walk was through the doors, into the foyer, and continued on to the north side.
In a different understanding of the antecedent, the sentence is saying that the walk was through the doors into the foyer, which was an area that extended to the north side.

Same exact words, but 2 very different meanings, and either is possible.

HOWEVER - we then have to ask what else we know from other sources, and make sure our interpretation fits with those other statements. To me, that pushes us to the conclusion that the sentence is saying that the walk was through the doors into the foyer, which was an area that extended to the north side - - but that the only thing about the walk we are being told is that it was through the door and into the foyer to some unknown extent.

I may be wrong but I believe it was in WS that I read that the campers could see the body looking through the doors from under the awning of the church from the outside. They thought at first the body was a rolled up piece of carpet in the hallway. JMHO

I may be wrong but I believe it was in WS that I read that the campers could see the body looking through the doors from under the awning of the church from the outside. They thought at first the body was a rolled up piece of carpet in the hallway. JMHO

I agree and remember reading this somewhere. I don't have a link but remember hearing it somewhere.

IMO

The first camera that would see Missy entering the church would be the camera view you see in the section of the video immediately following the sequence in the main hallway as SP goes to the South hall starting with the Dutch Double doors. That camera is the one with the view of the entry. If Missy went down the Main hall (west) she would be seen on two cameras one after the other.

As for SP's activity, not opening that door is a puzzle. I am fairly confident that it had more to do with how the scene was being staged. I suppose if somehow that door opened without too much damage we would have seen it left open (to one degree or another) like the prior door. What is an unanswered question for me is whether or not the Dutch Double doors were left as we had last seen them in the released video. If they looked like we last saw them then something would look rather amiss to Missy I believe.

I definitely agree that SP was bold!

BBM

Hi Jethro! Not only that. What does s(he) do after working that lock? Nothing. Did not even check, if his work paid out..hmm

-Nin

Maybe I just can't find it, but is there a thread that contains all of the interior and exterior photos of the church, and all of the diagrams that posters have worked on for the duration of this case? I can't find JETHRO's interior photos, and I really want to look at the most accurate diagram of the church. Is there a diagram that shows the estimated paths of Missy and SP? Approximate or actual placement of cameras and known furnishings? My fuzzy old brain needs a refreshing! Thanks JMO

Most respectfully, there may have been a slight misunderstanding as my post was not so much about glorifying anyone as it was about this:

When anyone misconstrues the evidence and intentionally misleads the threads and manipulates discussions, it is time to pay attention. I did. I am not sorry that I did.
I find the two posts with this statement to be needlessly obscure. If there's an inference here, it's disturbing.

Razz, I'm not cady, but may I answer with my ideas? It's an excellent question and I'd still like to hear cady's response.

If BB knows who did this, for whom would he go to such lengths not to say-

1. Someone close to him that he loves and wants to protect. :thinking:
2. Someone not close to him, and would like to see prosecuted, but there's not enough physical evidence to link him/her to the crime scene, so he has to keep his lip zipped just in case the evidence ever shows up. To reveal the name would risk future charges.
3. Someone connected to him that he fears.

1 (No. one)

I would have liked to only write "1" but WS didn't let me. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members