TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this fantastic post. IMO, it highlights that a family or investigator willing to go the extra mile increases the likelihood of a case being solved. It's part of the reason that I find it so troublesome that the family has repeatedly come out and said that they would rather move on than the case be solved. Why would they send a message to SP that no one is looking for him?

Maybe two reasons:

A- A police strategy hoping that the stated non interest will make the murderer relax, followed by "loose lips sink ships".

B- Internal family issues. The couple, and the victim in particular, had a certain "lifestyle". This lifestyle might have led to them living separate lives to a degree prior to the murder.

The husband could simply conclude that the police have had ample time to solve the crime and that the odds of them making an arrest are non existent. Efforts to keep crime in the news also keep the lifestyle in the news as a likely motive.

As the husband concludes that the crime is highly unlikely to be solved, he wants to move on and put the lifestyle and any possible mistakes that the victim might have made in the past.

Has it ever been stated anywhere that the campers who went in and discovered her were not captured on camera? I have never seen that stated, but perhaps after such time has passed, I’ve forgotten that statement. IMO, when LE states that there is no video beyond Missy’s entrance into the church, I personally understand that statement to be LE addressing questions in regards to the murder being caught on camera and LE saying (not exact wording) the murder was not caught on camera and there was no video of Missy beyond her entering the church. Hence, implying that the last footage of Missy was her entrance. I don’t believe they’ve ever stated that the campers aren’t seen entering the church.

I haven't read that it was stated that campers are not on video entering the church, but it HAS been stated that there is no more pertinent video than what we have seen. This cannot be true. If Missy is captured entering the church, so are the campers, and so are the responders.....and so is anyone else who entered through the same door as Missy. Anyone who was captured on that camera would have ceased to be captured by the same camera AT THE SAME POINT as Missy. Whoever decided to release the video decided to leave out everyone who was captured on camera entering the church. Faces could have been blurred, and transparency could have been accomplished. This makes me wonder if the NUMBER of persons entering the church is what is deliberately being withheld. JMO JMO

I haven't read that it was stated that campers are not on video entering the church, but it HAS been stated that there is no more pertinent video than what we have seen. This cannot be true. If Missy is captured entering the church, so are the campers, and so are the responders.....and so is anyone else who entered through the same door as Missy. Anyone who was captured on that camera would have ceased to be captured by the same camera AT THE SAME POINT as Missy. Whoever decided to release the video decided to leave out everyone who was captured on camera entering the church. Faces could have been blurred, and transparency could have been accomplished. This makes me wonder if the NUMBER of persons entering the church is what is deliberately being withheld. JMO JMO

Thank you for clarifying. Yes, I’m sure it’s safe to assume, IMO all of those people were also captured on camera just as Missy was. Are you referring to the number of campers who entered the church and found her OR are you referring to everyone in general who entered after Missy, on that day ? Just want to make sure I’m on the same page and am understanding correctly.

Thank you for clarifying. Yes, I’m sure it’s safe to assume, IMO all of those people were also captured on camera just as Missy was. Are you referring to the number of campers who entered the church and found her OR are you referring to everyone in general who entered after Missy, on that day ? Just want to make sure I’m on the same page and am understanding correctly.

Anyone and everyone, and in what order. I think it matters. JMO

Anyone and everyone, and in what order. I think it matters. JMO
Yes, I agree. It matters, but no way will LE allow that info out to the public nor should they.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. It matters, but no way will LE allow that info out to the public nor should they.

According to LE, the attack was not captured on camera, so, nothing gruesome could be seen, anyway. But, the times and order and number of persons entering through the sw door would be precise, and of course, precise about anyone exiting or walking past the door from the inside. It would show, possibly, persons on cellphones, and coordinate timing with the known phonecalls that were made. Just try to imagine the chaos in slow motion....... JMO the secrecy is beyond ridiculous, and at this late date, it's purpose is suspect. JMO They won't release 911 calls, either, which could easily be edited to conceal the identity of the caller, and released....unless the caller gives information that LE doesn't want the public to know. Question is, WHY? How many campers actually entered the church and saw Missy? How many sat in the parking lot.? How did they all find out what had happened? What time? Who told them?.....................lots of unanswered questions about the event and the investigation, itself. JMO

According to LE, the attack was not captured on camera, so, nothing gruesome could be seen, anyway. But, the times and order and number of persons entering through the sw door would be precise, and of course, precise about anyone exiting or walking past the door from the inside. It would show, possibly, persons on cellphones, and coordinate timing with the known phonecalls that were made. Just try to imagine the chaos in slow motion....... JMO the secrecy is beyond ridiculous, and at this late date, it's purpose is suspect. JMO They won't release 911 calls, either, which could easily be edited to conceal the identity of the caller, and released....unless the caller gives information that LE doesn't want the public to know. Question is, WHY? How many campers actually entered the church and saw Missy? How many sat in the parking lot.? How did they all find out what had happened? What time? Who told them?.....................lots of unanswered questions about the event and the investigation, itself. JMO

My thoughts exactly. Things don’t add up and when you add corruption into the mix things really don’t add up. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. Things don’t add up and when you add corruption into the mix things really don’t add up. JMO

Agree. I would say (to be on the safe side) "if you add the possibility of corruption".... just because it keeps us in the realm of speculative thought!!! JMO

I don’t think the campers who have found her should be outed, personally. They have been through enough with having to see that and I’m glad there name hasn’t been thrown out there. I don’t think they’re in anyway involved in this. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think the campers who have found her should be outed, personally. They have been through enough with having to see that and I’m glad there name hasn’t been thrown out there. I don’t think they’re in anyway involved in this. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't suspect the campers at all, but they are critical witnesses. I don't need to know their names. Assign them numbers, and tell us what they witnessed and when. I imagine that a sizeable number of people in town already know what went down, but different witnesses have different perspectives...and then there's the old grapevine problem where the actual facts get embellished and blurred.......JMO

Agree. I would say (to be on the safe side) "if you add the possibility of corruption".... just because it keeps us in the realm of speculative thought!!! JMO

True....

Has there been any statements or interviews from Missy's own family? It's been so long that I can't recall any but may have missed a post or 3 along the way. TIA.

Has there been any statements or interviews from Missy's own family? It's been so long that I can't recall any but may have missed a post or 3 along the way. TIA.

The only thing I have ever seen was her brother’s social media post the day of Missy’s viewing. I’ve never seen anything besides that one post nor heard any interviews from any of her family.

I will be suprised if they make a statement or give an interview.

They have not said anything for 2 years, so I would not expect them to say anything now.

Jmo

It is, however, likely that when other people entered and the camera(s) activated Missy and where specifically she was found would be seen on camera as the cameras can see well beyond the point where they activate for motion. If the detail of where specifically Missy was killed in the church is being held back we will not get to see those images. This is especially true if Missy were to have been found in the South Hall rather than the West hall since only one camera would active for the South Hall but two cameras - the one looking East down the South Hall and then the one looking North up the West Hall - would activate if Missy were in the West hall. If the latter were the case then theoretically LE could release what you would like to see. Though, as I explain it likely would indicate which direction Missy had gone and where she likely was killed more concretely.

I don't suspect the campers at all, but they are critical witnesses. I don't need to know their names. Assign them numbers, and tell us what they witnessed and when. I imagine that a sizeable number of people in town already know what went down, but different witnesses have different perspectives...and then there's the old grapevine problem where the actual facts get embellished and blurred.......JMO
LE won't even provide redacted 911 calls and/or transcripts. Which I find surprising given the media attention this case had originally.

Razz, I'm not cady, but may I answer with my ideas? It's an excellent question and I'd still like to hear cady's response.

If BB knows who did this, for whom would he go to such lengths not to say-

1. Someone close to him that he loves and wants to protect. :thinking:
2. Someone not close to him, and would like to see prosecuted, but there's not enough physical evidence to link him/her to the crime scene, so he has to keep his lip zipped just in case the evidence ever shows up. To reveal the name would risk future charges.
3. Someone connected to him that he fears.
Thanks Gae for your reply.

I'd like, for the moment, to suspend any belief that BB was involved but......
explore the possibility that it is someone who knows him well.

Why?

1). MB's murder occurred while BB was out of town. A rookie mistake imo as this is sometimes the case where the husband just happens to be out of town therefore it couldn't be him kind of thing. Someone wanted to make sure BB didn't get blamed. Little did SP know imo, that it can arouse suspicion on the spouse regardless of where he may have been or if he had any part in it.

2). How did SP know MB would be inside and working out in-between the front of the Worship center and the Main West side entrance? Because SP knew that's where she holds classes on rainy days.

3). How did SP know that MB's eldest daughter wouldn't be accompanying her that morning? Because someone close to MB knew.

4). How did SP know where to ambush MB? Because SP knew there was not a working camera (speculating, I do not know this for a fact) in the grand entrance foyer and that SP wouldn't be seen waiting there as MB came down the hall making ambush quick.

5).How did SP know that MB would eventually come to that spot? Speculating again, but turning the lights on in the center West foyer must have been one of the first things she did.

6). Why not just murder MB at her home while BB was away? Because this person close to BB and MB knew that the kids would be tramatized by this, seeing her body and all the police vehicles.

7). Why did SP go to all the trouble making it look like a break-in? So no one would suspect family? Again, another rookie mistake imo.

8). Why did SP dress up in all that gear? Because SP needed to keep their identity secret, didn't want to leave any DNA, and SP possibly needed to protect themselves against MB if SP didn't get her disabled quickly.

These 8 conditions are a compilation
of many different WebSleuthers opinions that should help narrow down the suspect list.

In my mind, it is quite possible BB has a strong inkling of who this could be.
I also think LE has a very good idea of who this is.

This case will be solved. Of that I
have no doubt.

i just saw and interview on fox 4 maybe a week or so ago , not sure if it was an old one , but it seemed pretty recent it interviewed the girls mostly, I'm loosely following this case

I will be suprised if they make a statement or give an interview.

They have not said anything for 2 years, so I would not expect them to say anything now.

Jmo

I would not expect them to say anything now, either IMO. For quite a few reasons. Perhaps, once the person is caught, we may hear from them. IMO, there are many reasons we haven’t heard from them. Grief. Fear. The absolute ridiculousness that has taken place on other social media platforms. Disgust. All of the above. I’ve never been in their shoes, so I try not to judge, but I can only imagine that what they have been through losing a daughter, sister, niece, cousin, etc has been nothing short of a living hell. I pray that not only Missy is brought justice, but also that her family and all that loved her will someday soon have some kind of resolution in knowing that a person they loved and still do, received the justice she so much deserves for her life being viciously stolen from her and all who loved her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67