TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE should be able to determine the authenticity of the gear the Perp was wearing. Perhaps he is a maintainence person who pilfered from a LE agency, or works, did work, for an industrial uniform cleaners.

LE should be able to determine the authenticity of the gear the Perp was wearing. Perhaps he is a maintainence person who pilfered from a LE agency, or works, did work, for an industrial uniform cleaners.

I think it has been determined by many people both in LE and outside, that the gear is not authentic SWAT gear.

Also looking at the list of items seized from BWH (post #340) does the knee brace mean that he has a known mobility problem? And not sure what exactly what "dvd camera in a box" means? Does it mean just the box it came in, or is it possible that it's some sort of bodycam type thing? I know some people think the murder was filmed. I know police have them sometimes but I've never seen them in person so don't know if this would be identifiable on the video footage of the suspect? Do security guards wear them routinely also?
And does anyone know what the legal documents seized were?

A DVD camera is a video camera that records to a DVD disc. It would be a very old, very large video camera. It is not a bodycam. The technology was replaced by SD cards about ten years ago. What the investigators hoped to get out of something like that, I have no idea. It sounds like they were taking anything and everything they could get there hands on, hoping that they would find something.

In a post many threads ago, a woman whose husband was a police officer on a SWAT team mentioned that the gear was not from single uniform and associated "kit", but seemed to be a collection of different types and styles. She also stated that the clothing looked more like generic SWAT looking stuff, and not professional SWAT gear.

This could support the perpetrator buying it from a surplus store or swap meet (maybe from a vendor also selling the martial arts weapons, fantasy swords, and survival odds and ends) rather than obtaining it from raiding the closet of an actual SWAT officer or from a specialized vendor with a professional cliental.

I think it has been determined by many people both in LE and outside, that the gear is not authentic SWAT gear.

In a post many threads ago, a woman whose husband was a police officer on a SWAT team mentioned that the gear was not from single uniform and associated "kit", but seemed to be a collection of different types and styles. She also stated that the clothing looked more like generic SWAT looking stuff, and not professional SWAT gear.

This could support the perpetrator buying it from a surplus store or swap meet (maybe from a vendor also selling the martial arts weapons, fantasy swords, and survival odds and ends) rather than obtaining it from raiding the closet of an actual SWAT officer or from a specialized vendor with a professional cliental.

Going back through early threads recently, I was reminded that in that first week Chief Smith referred to the outfit as something an actor might wear on a B-rated TV cop show.

If this SP is mentally crazed, then he is working under a “disorganized” mind & would’ve already been apprehended in all likelihood.

What I see with SP is an organized mind & there are no coincidences. Every part of his atrocity was committed with precision right down to B.B. being out of state, the weather, the planned distraction of the odd Altima (a co-conspirator of SP perhaps), and perhaps some other things too. SP has killed before & was long gone before anyone knew what was going on—he’s a pro & he’s no kid, IMO.

Highly “organized” murderer.

I don't see this Perp as crazed, as see them as someone who likes to dress up and play cop. Has a strong desire to be in LE, but never will be. So not crazed, but perhaps of diminished capacity.

I know many of you think this was a well organized crime. I'm truly struggling to agree with that as I look at the video for the nth time. He is meandering around, dragging his hand on the wall, trying to open some doors half heartedly and failing, and was surprised when the Victim walked his way, and presumably upon him. Nothing about what I have seen on the video appears well organized. Rather, to me, this appears to be a two-bit vandal/thief who was startled and lashed out.

Again, all of you have had 43 threads to study and analyze this. I'm just offering up my honest reaction with fresh eyes. Looks like some nut job with a cop fantasy bumbling around looking for items he call sell quickly, and seemingly enjoying doing damage in the process.

Just one amateur's opinion.

I don't see this Perp as crazed, as see them as someone who likes to dress up and play cop. Has a strong desire to be in LE, but never will be. So not crazed, but perhaps of diminished capacity.

I know many of you think this was a well organized crime. I'm truly struggling to agree with that as I look at the video for the nth time. He is meandering around, dragging his hand on the wall, trying to open some doors half heartedly and failing, and was surprised when the Victim walked his way, and presumably upon him. Nothing about what I have seen on the video appears well organized. Rather, to me, this appears to be a two-bit vandal/thief who was startled and lashed out.

Again, all of you have had 43 threads to study and analyze this. I'm just offering up my honest reaction with fresh eyes. Looks like some nut job with a cop fantasy bumbling around looking for items he call sell quickly, and seemingly enjoying doing damage in the process.

I have been saying this same thing for over a year now, thank you. Cannonball3804, can’t you see? No response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the varying viewpoints, we learn from each other. The truth probably will end up taking from a variety of theories. I love the fact we are respectfully poking holes in various theories. It could be one small aha that leads to a very useful tip. Let’s hope so.

Perhaps the SWAT outfit was a combination of items from a recreational sport. Not that hard to put letters on a jacket. And I still stand on the fact that the sp was not new to this type of role playing. JMO

I like the varying viewpoints, we learn from each other. The truth probably will end up taking from a variety of theories. I love the fact we are respectfully poking holes in various theories. It could be one small aha that leads to a very useful tip. Let’s hope so.

I agree and your perspective on this board has been refreshing. I also believe it was an inept burglary gone wrong. I suspect it was a relatively young male living relatively close to the church. Your theory could be more accurate, though.

I have been saying this same thing for over a year now, thank you. Cannonball3804, can’t you see? No response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a bad analysis. Especially the "has a strong desire to be in LE, but never will be."

I agree 100%. I think he is a small time burglar, and not all mentally there. Though the SWAT gear was not a bad disguise, it could well be part of some cop fantasy that he has.

Perhaps the SWAT outfit was a combination of items from a recreational sport. Not that hard to put letters on a jacket. And I still stand on the fact that the sp was not new to this type of role playing. JMO

Jumping off my post but I failed to add I still think this case is tied into the corruption. Dont know if LE labels their SWAT outfits with a number or somehting to identify who it belongs to.

had he been a thief he would have already started stacking his treasures up along a wall and LE would have found it, he didnt even take Missy's laptop, phone etc. Nope he was there for a reason and he accomplished that reason, I think he bought that wardrobe to do just what he was paid to do, this ofcourse is just my opinion. I guess anything is possible at this point since no real answers have surfaced what a year and a half later?

He/she wasn’t there to steal, he/she was there to break and enter. Probably too clever to take something with them that could link them back to trespassing/destruction.

I agree 100%. I think he is a small time burglar, and not all mentally there. Though the SWAT gear was not a bad disguise, it could well be part of some cop fantasy that he has.

"....not all mentally there...."

This is a big part of my amateur theory.
As I look at that video, some of the movements such as running his hand along the wall and half heartedly attempting to break in to rooms really stands out for me....especially the hand running along the wall. As I posted upthread, that is something you would expect to see a child do...not an adult. Considering the circumstances, it really stood out to me.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my posts, whether you agree or not. I appreciate your feedback, and I will continue to ponder this case. One question though, and tell me if I am dreaming this up. Wasn't that car that was seen circling around with lights off and on at a *gun store* right across from the church?

If I have that right, I would say that I would be scrutinizing customer records and any video tapes from that store with a fine tooth comb. Most especially if they sell any gear that could be perceived as cop-ish, even gloves, etc.

As always, amateur speculation and opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8