TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....I've never heard LE say they are giving up. Does this mean he believes he knows who the killer is?

I think it means, it's been two years and they have no suspects. He wouldn't be giving up the search for the killer, if he knew who it was. There wouldn't even be a search to give up.

There is a photo, taken from outside of the main doors, that we have talked about before, where it appears to show investigators stooped down inside of the doors, toward the south side. If that is where Missy was found, LE can still get away with referring to the area as the SW part of the building even though it is just barely SW. But why Missy would have walked that far is beyond me. If she had a key card for the SW doors, she didn't need to open the front doors. Reportedly, she was ON CAMERA entering from the SW doors and walking WEST, turning right and heading toward the NORTH, where she was assaulted. Why? JMO
My thought is she picked up the 1st batch of equipment, walked through the SW doors (where her truck was)
and proceeded down the hall to the large center foyer. The first thing I might do is put the equipment down and turn on the lights in the main Southern (center foyer) entryway. But, she didn't have a chance Imo as she was ambushed once she was out of camera range.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

I think it means, it's been two years and they have no suspects. He wouldn't be giving up the search for the killer, if he knew who it was. There wouldn't even be a search to give up.
I don't know this but I doubt BB actively searched for the killer. Not sure how he would do this. I think LE would frown on him actively searching. However, I believe he was active in giving PD leads.

He remarked at one time that he didn't want to know how MB was murdered.
Maybe that's because MPD wouldn't tell him. After all, he would have been a prime suspect at the time (even though it appears he wasn't SP), but it is possible he could have known it was going to happen. Imo.

My thought is she picked up the 1st batch of equipment, walked through the SW doors (where her truck was)
and proceeded down the hall to the large center foyer. The first thing I might do is put the equipment down and turn on the lights in the main Southern (center foyer) entryway. But, she didn't have a chance Imo as she was ambushed once she was out of camera range.

Could be, but since the plan was to have the practice outside, there was no apparent reason to even be in the foyer. I can see why she might go to the bathrooms to turn on lights, but they appear to be quite south of the foyer. So, she went into the foyer for some unknown reason. Maybe she saw what she thought was a cop and approached SP. Who knows? Only SP. The autopsy will probably reveal whether she was assaulted from behind or face to face, (and if, indeed a gun was used) but of course, we may never see it unless there is an arrest and trial. JMO

There is a photo, taken from outside of the main doors, that we have talked about before, where it appears to show investigators stooped down inside of the doors, toward the south side. If that is where Missy was found, LE can still get away with referring to the area as the SW part of the building even though it is just barely SW. But why Missy would have walked that far is beyond me. If she had a key card for the SW doors, she didn't need to open the front doors. Reportedly, she was ON CAMERA entering from the SW doors and walking WEST, turning right and heading toward the NORTH, where she was assaulted. Why? JMO

RBBM, No Reportedly she was seen entering and walking down the main hallway. The big area of the glass West doors is down the main hall way. Nothing about MB turning right and heading NORTH, where she was assaulted. Matter of fact the only directions we are told in ref to MB is she was located in the SW corner of the interior of building. We are not told where MB was assualted ;) that is what these almost 50 threads have mulled over from beginning.

If she were to walk West, turn right and heading toward the North she would have to be inside the Worship Center/auditorium and we have def not been told that. There are locks on the Worship Center doors, and jmho they were locked. Nothing to prove to me she entered there or the Suspect either. The illusion of the video makes one think that as to the splice looks like enters then comes out of room. Just a splice jmho.

The area your speaking of would be still considered SW part of the building. They have diagrams and photos of the crime scene. So yes they are good calling it that on any of that area. We haven't seen any reports from MPD only the SWs which are not all info known. That far, unsure of what you mean. If you look at the photos on MB FB from Jan of 2016, there are photos of class members in front of the little are with Worship Center doors behind them and to the left of Holy Grounds. JMHO she was possibly turning on lights. There are only a few overhead (can be seen on reflection on floor). For all we know she could have encountered the Suspect in that area. IF it was someone targeting MB s/he knew way more about MB routine that any of us here discussing this ever will. JMHO

Yes and IIRC there is video of LEO walking out of the building and returning stuff to MB back seat. Doors to truck are open as is the bed cover.

Was some of her equipment found inside the building? If so, she must have changed her plan to practice outside.

Yes and IIRC there is video of LEO walking out of the building and returning stuff to MB back seat. Doors to truck are open as is the bed cover.

Bizarre.......if so, that was crime scene evidence. Should have been bagged and photographed where it was, and taken into evidence........not put in the back seat, for crying out loud!!!! This is so botched and hopeless................JMO Also, she had to walk west from the SWdoor and North at the main hall towards the foyer. Nothing about entering the sanctuary! (we know there is a camera, because we can see SP rounding that corner going from main hall to S hall. ) jmo

I don't know if the exterior SW (porte cochere) doors were unlocked--can't remember. (Though the interior set of those is seen propped open in the SP viveo. My guess those were propped by maintenance Sunday evening after the people left a fathering there. It had been wet and puddly Sunday, and that would allow the entry carpeting seen in the video frames in that SW entry to dry.)

Missy's equipment can be seen ourside piled next to those exterior SW doors. My opinion is that she may have unloaded the stuff there where it wouldn't ger wet but then walked around to the church's main W entrance in order to gain access to the building. However, even if that SW door had been accessible to code or key and unlocked and entered, I still believe she may have been ambushed by someone hiding in the main foyer.

At some point LE has confirmed that she entered through the doors nearest where she parked.

Was some of her equipment found inside the building? If so, she must have changed her plan to practice outside.

There was a thunderstorm that morning, so the workout was going to be indoors.

She also entered the building every time anyway to turn on lights for access to the restrooms.

Chief Smith said that she had changed the location due to the heavy storms (paraphrasing) Other members long ago have said that CG had an app also she could have used saying inside. Since her FB had deleted stuff very soon, could have been on there about the change.

Bizarre.......if so, that was crime scene evidence. Should have been bagged and photographed where it was, and taken into evidence........not put in the back seat, for crying out loud!!!! This is so botched and hopeless................JMO Also, she had to walk west from the SWdoor and North at the main hall towards the foyer. Nothing about entering the sanctuary! (we know there is a camera, because we can see SP rounding that corner going from main hall to S hall. ) jmo

Here is one link showing putting something in truck (in the video) http://www.fox4news.com/news/woman-found-dead-at-midlothian-church this link also has the time stamped first video MPD released to media. There is another news station or video with more of the officer carrying stuff putting it in back seat of MB truck.

JMHO I would feel sure they photographed everything in the area. I agree on the not putting back in to MB truck. And don't forget the truck was released back to BB within a few days. Can't remember when off top of my head. But they only show on the Truck SW her iPad and planner removed from the truck when executed.

she had to walk west from the SWdoor and North at the main hall towards the foyer. Nothing about entering the sanctuary! (we know there is a camera, because we can see SP rounding that corner going from main hall to S hall. ) jmo

Respectfully, your directions don't make sense and are literally impossible.

To walk you through it, when she entered those SW doors, at that point she was at the interesection of two hallways, and had only two choices (and heading west was not one of them, as that would have run her into a wall). But within those corridors/halls, from that SW corner she could have chosen
1 to go north, using the westside hallway that goes from SW to NW and passes through the big entrance foyer, or
2 to go east, using the southside hallway that goes from SW to SE and passes by the double dutch doors

Factually, we know she did opt for the first choice.

Perhaps you have the idea that the SW entrance is closer to the center of the building, and requires a jog to the left (or west) before being able to then turn right and head north. But if so, that idea is wrong, as using the SW entrance actually leaves you in the westside hallway, and to go north you'd just continue straight.

Hear ye! Hear ye!
Town Crier July 22 2013.jpg

What is a puncture wound?

American Red Cross

Punctures usually occur when a pointed object, such as a nail, pierces the skin.

A gunshot wound is a puncture wound. Puncture wounds do not bleed much unless a blood vessel has been injured.

https://www.sharecare.com/health/injuries-wound-trauma/what-is-puncture-wound

What is a puncture wound to the chest?

American Red Cross

Puncture wounds to the chest range from minor to life threatening. Stab and gunshot wounds are examples of puncture injuries. The penetrating object can injure any structure or organ within the chest, including the lungs.

A puncture injury can allow air to enter the chest through the wound. Air in the chest cavity does not allow the lungs to function normally.

Puncture wounds cause varying degrees of internal and external bleeding. A puncture wound to the chest is a life-threatening injury.

American Red Cross

Punctures usually occur when a pointed object, such as a nail, pierces the skin.

A gunshot wound is a puncture wound. Puncture wounds do not bleed much unless a blood vessel has been injured.

American Red Cross

Puncture wounds to the chest range from minor to life threatening. Stab and gunshot wounds are examples of puncture injuries. The penetrating object can injure any structure or organ within the chest, including the lungs.

A puncture injury can allow air to enter the chest through the wound. Air in the chest cavity does not allow the lungs to function normally.

Puncture wounds cause varying degrees of internal and external bleeding. A puncture wound to the chest is a life-threatening injury.

There have been zero reports that a gun was involved.

The warrant issued late in the afternoon of April 19 and obtained May 3, states that Bevers "had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest" that "are consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."

Missy Bevers Died From Multiple Puncture Wounds to Head and Chest_ Police - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

I don't know this but I doubt BB actively searched for the killer. Not sure how he would do this. I think LE would frown on him actively searching. However, I believe he was active in giving PD leads.

He remarked at one time that he didn't want to know how MB was murdered.
Maybe that's because MPD wouldn't tell him. After all, he would have been a prime suspect at the time (even though it appears he wasn't SP), but it is possible he could have known it was going to happen. Imo.

Razz, you are correct in that BB gave LE leads. In fact, BB is the one who told LE about Missy and CW. It always annoyed me that BB informed LE about CW but, apparently, never mentioned his own infidelities with one person, in particular, maybe others.

This will be marked as my own opinion bc I don't feel well, att, and won't conduct a MSM source. I began my involvement in the first few days, as many of us did. My first self-assignment was an attempt to verify BBs alibi. However, I won't purport that I've read every single post as I have a life that prevents such activities such as family visits and traveling for vacations, etc. Further, this is not the only case I'm embedded in as I have at least eleven, or many more, stored in my mind at all times. With that stated, I doubt anything huge was missed here or it would be restated over and over again in the threads.

I also agree that we may not be able to affirm who the SP is. Acknowledging such, doesn't make us care any less or force us to stop sleuthing on behalf of Missy and rooting for her Killer(s) to be caught and punished. One thing I will point out in BBs last interview, is that he never once looked at his two daughters while both of them were wringing their precious hands. I wish Peter Hyatt would conduct a SA on that interview.

American Red Cross

American Red Cross

Ah! Great minds think alike! haha!
I was thinking today that puncture wounds don't bleed alot. There was a post about the first campers finding her and it wasn't obvious that she was deceased. I think it might have been difficult to ascertain the extent of her injuries. Signs of struggle, broken glass but maybe not as much blood as we tend to imagine?

New Detective Takes Over Missy Bevers Murder Investigation https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/New-Detective-Takes-Over-Missy-Bevers-Cold-Case-472830993.html
By Lexie Houghtaling
Published 6 hours ago | Updated 4 minutes ago

Johnson said they still receive tips from all around the world about the case. The new detective, Sergeant Andy Vaughan, will now dig and review all these tips from the beginning.

“Somebody who perhaps sees something that we should have investigated more in-depth, or maybe something that because we were so close to the case that we missed,” he said.

The FBI still assists in the case, but the Midlothian Police Department is the lead investigative agency.

Razz, you are correct in that BB gave LE leads. In fact, BB is the one who told LE about Missy and CW. It always annoyed me that BB informed LE about CW but, apparently, never mentioned his own infidelities with one person, in particular, maybe others.

This will be marked as my own opinion bc I don't feel well, att, and won't conduct a MSM source. I began my involvement in the first few days, as many of us did. My first self-assignment was an attempt to verify BBs alibi. However, I won't purport that I've read every single post as I have a life that prevents such activities such as family visits and traveling for vacations, etc. Further, this is not the only case I'm embedded in as I have at least eleven, or many more, stored in my mind at all times. With that stated, I doubt anything huge was missed here or it would be restated over and over again in the threads.

I also agree that we may not be able to affirm who the SP is. Acknowledging such, doesn't make us care any less or force us to stop sleuthing on behalf of Missy and rooting for her Killer(s) to be caught and punished. One thing I will point out in BBs last interview, is that he never once looked at his two daughters while both of them were wringing their precious hands. I wish Peter Hyatt would conduct a SA on that interview.
The thing about BB telling LE about
CW bothered me because how did BB know about CW? I remember thinking the only way he would have known is if he had looked at her phone. And how current was this "budding" relationship with CW? All the talk of the "I love you" messages between MB and BB doesn't make a lot of sense to me when there are other people in the mix.

Sometimes I think the only hope of this getting solved is MB's daughters. If they are anything like her, they'll push until they find who did this and who was all involved. And I wonder if this is the part he hates most. His daughters asking him the questions. (Because who else is?) It's easy to tell people to back off but can you do that to your girls? I think that may have been why he did the interview with them. They had insisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member