TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Detective Takes Over Missy Bevers Murder Investigation https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/New-Detective-Takes-Over-Missy-Bevers-Cold-Case-472830993.html
By Lexie Houghtaling
Published 6 hours ago | Updated 4 minutes ago

Johnson said they still receive tips from all around the world about the case. The new detective, Sergeant Andy Vaughan, will now dig and review all these tips from the beginning.

“Somebody who perhaps sees something that we should have investigated more in-depth, or maybe something that because we were so close to the case that we missed,” he said.

The FBI still assists in the case, but the Midlothian Police Department is the lead investigative agency.

Interesting header, but the article itself speaks nothing to why there is a new investigator on the case?

Interesting header, but the article itself speaks nothing to why there is a new investigator on the case?

Nor does it reference other MPD personnel who have been reassigned to other positions. As I recall ArkansasMimi had a great post awhile back referencing LE who were working on the case who no longer are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing about BB telling LE about
CW bothered me because how did BB know about CW? I remember thinking the only way he would have known is if he had looked at her phone. And how current was this "budding" relationship with CW? All the talk of the "I love you" messages between MB and BB doesn't make a lot of sense to me when there are other people in the mix.

Sometimes I think the only hope of this getting solved is MB's daughters. If they are anything like her, they'll push until they find who did this and who was all involved. And I wonder if this is the part he hates most. His daughters asking him the questions. (Because who else is?) It's easy to tell people to back off but can you do that to your girls? I think that may have been why he did the interview with them. They had insisted.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

From what I understand, they wanted to talk.

The answer to your holes are quite simple, with all due respect; it can’t be a burglary because all reports state nothing was taken.

Moo

The underlined statement is not actually correct. By definition a Burglary is entering a property illegally with intent of committing a crime. Theft is not a prerequisite for being a Burglary.

The underlined statement is not actually correct. By definition a Burglary is entering a property illegally with intent of committing a crime. Theft is not a prerequisite for being a Burglary.

Perhaps Honey meant “robbery”. It cannot be a robbery because nothing was taken.

The thing about BB telling LE about
CW bothered me because how did BB know about CW? I remember thinking the only way he would have known is if he had looked at her phone. And how current was this "budding" relationship with CW? All the talk of the "I love you" messages between MB and BB doesn't make a lot of sense to me when there are other people in the mix.

Sometimes I think the only hope of this getting solved is MB's daughters. If they are anything like her, they'll push until they find who did this and who was all involved. And I wonder if this is the part he hates most. His daughters asking him the questions. (Because who else is?) It's easy to tell people to back off but can you do that to your girls? I think that may have been why he did the interview with them. They had insisted.

LE told us the LinkedIn relationship with CW began in January, 2016. I've often wondered how she met CW since he works and resides a good ways away from Red Oak and Midlo. He performed in those cage fights so I watched several on youtube, Pardon me while I must say hot hot hot! However, the guy is married. Her sister is married to his brother. They are neighbors.

So, back to the cage fight. There is one where the cute young lady prances into the cage while holding up a large card prior to the fight begins. I don't remember now what was written on the card for I was watching for CWs reaction. He is a hunk. Muscle toned solid as a rock with a gorgeous smile that could melt snow.

His beautiful blue eyes followed her prissy self around the cage and out of the pit. Married or not, I think all of us tend to look twice at great looking people. I don't get into the cage fighters becoming punching bags but I did schedule to attend an upcoming fight of Casey's way back then.

However, I guess the drama of being under the MB microscope kept him away from training at the gyms that is a requirement, consequently, much to my disappointment, he dropped out of the fight. Anyway, I thought one of MBs girl friends and MB attended at least one of his matches so that could be how she met CW. His wife attended many of them, too.

MBs daughters, especially, Missy's Mini Me, the youngest, is the one whom I feel will buck for the truth in honor of her mother.
MB posted this three years ago. https://clyp.it/csjxygb5

snipped

His beautiful blue eyes followed her prissy self around the cage and out of the pit. Married or not, I think all of us tend to look twice at great looking people. I don't get into the cage fighters becoming punching bags but I did schedule to attend an upcoming fight of Casey's way back then.

However, I guess the drama of being under the MB microscope kept him away from training at the gyms that is a requirement, consequently, much to my disappointment, he dropped out of the fight. https://clyp.it/csjxygb5[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh, Dee. This part of your post has me laughing. Thank you for letting us know! lololol...

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney
The answer to your holes are quite simple, with all due respect; it can’t be a burglary because all reports state nothing was taken.

I've got to go along with Honey on this one:
Burglary is illegal entry into a place with the intent to commit a crime; usually a theft. Note that there must be a breaking and an entering for common-law burglary. Breaking without entry or entry without breaking is not sufficient for common-law burglary.

Oxford Dictionary
Burglary
NOUN
entry into a building illegally, or other location, with intent to commit a crime, especially theft:

synonyms: housebreaking · breaking and entering · theft · stealing · robbery · larceny · thievery · looting · pilferage · break-in · theft · robbery · raid · heist >>> Note: murder is not synonymous with burglary yet it is with theft or stealing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burglary
United States
Burglary is prosecuted as a felony or misdemeanor and involves trespassing and theft, entering a building or automobile, or loitering unlawfully with intent to commit any crime, not necessarily a theft—for example, vandalism. Even if nothing is stolen in a burglary, the act is a statutory offense. Buildings can include hangars, sheds, barns, and coops; burglary of boats, aircraft, trucks, and railway cars is possible. Burglary may be an element in crimes involving rape, arson, kidnapping, identity theft, or violation of civil rights....

Breaking and Entering is another term for burglary

I was thinking......the way she was murdered. Is that more of a woman thing to repeatedly poke her in the chest and face? Would a man do that?

And again, maybe it's misdirection by SP.

no that is an anger thing! revenge hatred etc

snipped

However, I guess the drama of being under the MB microscope kept him away from training at the gyms that is a requirement, consequently, much to my disappointment, he dropped out of the fight. https://clyp.it/csjxygb5

Oh my gosh, Dee. This part of your post has me laughing. Thank you for letting us know! lololol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I agree! I laughed loud and my husband looked at me like I’m crazy. Thanks for adding some light hearted convo to the thread.

who owns the church and do they have family members that resemble the POI?

01-26-2018, 08:46 PM#1050 Cannonball3804 Cannonball3804 is offline https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-43&p=13893508#post13893508
Former Member May 2016 Posts 1,428
https://www.dropbox.com/s/teu66fgfym...ation.PNG?dl=0

01-26-2018, 11:09 PM#1059 sillybilly https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-43&p=13893834#post13893834
WS Administr
Okay folks, doing a turnaround here.

Normally documents are not allowed without a link to the original source. Decisions at Websleuths are not always black and white and can be case specific. In this case, Tricia and I have discussed the dropbox doc/link that was removed and Tricia has decided to allow it. I will reinstate the OP and all responses to it.
Last edited by sillybilly; 01-26-2018 at 11:17 PM

EXACT Quotes from the doc that Cannonball obtained - thank you for sharing
1) "front passenger truck door and truck bed lid are open"
2)"after viewing the body we were asked to process the truck under the awning"

So my questions and thoughts are, Spann said that MB was unloading her truck. #1 for me confirms that she was indeed doing that.. I also went back through my ss and found the one that MB posted on her CG fb page and shared to her personal FB page. I know that MPD said she changed the class inside, but on her post she says CG trains in the rain. Unless she sent something telling people inside, jmho it was still being under the awning where she was unloading. BUT MPD say she changed it.

1) WHY were LEO putting equipment back into MB truck? If it was inside building, it would not be put back into her truck jmho.
2) The only portions of the church that had crime scene tape was the West doors bound with cs tape, long stretch in front of the church, and the area in front of the truck and then from other side of PC/awning to the ac unit. The SW corner of the building. None in the NE-rear, None on the North side where the kitchen window and metal door were busted.
3) From the document, it states that the front passenger door open and bed cover open - so everything in vehicle was in "plain sight" inside the truck.
4) Document/report says they were asked to "process the truck". Yet the SW for the Ford F150 says "an inventory" was done. **iPHone was not listed on the SW application to search truck. Nor was it listed as items seized (iPad and Planner seized)

From my source who is a CID Inv crimes against persons I am told " with truck doors open- that puts in plain view, inventory always done prior to tow IF being towed to tow yard. BUT, if they seized the vehicle and had towed to their impound, there would be no need to do inventory because vehicle would be secure - waiting for a search warrant.

So, did they process the truck as in processing a crime scene? Or inventory the truck to tow? But was towed to the MPD, per documents. Also the putting her equipment back into her truck. How does that work?

On the iPhone & iPad SW, it states that "cellular telephone discovered owned by Terri Leanne Bevers" this was listed to be located at MPD, it not clear if it was from inventory of the truck or where it came from.
MB Ford F150 SW shows purse in truck.jpg mb iphone discovered ipad iphone sw.JPG I also find it interesting that "Capital" was scratched out (Capital Murder)

SO JMHO If 1st camper came up at 4:35 a.m per MPD, they had to have seen MB door open, bed cover open, equipment out right? So maybe they called her and no answer? Then as others showed up they went up together and that when she was located inside. **we do not know by the document if that is what it looked like when campers arrived only when the report writer arrived.

Last thing we know what time the document writer arrived 7:53 a.m. and saw the body still there. That something else new.

Something else interesting to me is that Stephen Cooper who wrote the Ford F150 SW, is the only one who has that they have Immediate Crime Scene certification
truck sw S Cooper.JPG

Nick Selby did the 2 emergency LinkedIn records retention SW (MB and CW accounts) then Cody McKinney did the actual SWs. Then Nick Selby did the 2 emergency FB records retention for MB and BB accounts. Nick Selby also wrote doc about needing the FB SWs sealed, Cody McKinney did the 2nd sealing request.

Nick Selby is an expert in cyber crime and information security systems.

Cody McKinney: I am a Sergeant with the Midlothian, Texas Police Department. I have been employed by
said department for a period of approximately eleven (11) years. I have served in
investigative capacities within the Midlothian Police Department for approximately nine
(9) years. I have received special deputation as a Deputy United States Marshall, and
sworn as a Federal Task Force Officer (TFO) assigned to the North Texas High Intensity
Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA
), Southern Money Laundering Initiative. I am currently
assigned as a Task Force Officer (TFO) with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Eastern Drug Squad Group One.
I currently possess an Advanced Peace Officer
Certification as merited by and with the State of Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
(TCOLE)

Cody Moon Cody moon.JPG

Interesting to me both Cody Moon and Cody McKinney affidavits state this.

Information contained in this Affidavit is derived from Your Affiant's knowledge of, and prior experiences in financial
and narcotics investigations; information obtained during interviews with drug traffickers familiar with this drug trafficking organization, and review of reports prepared by special agents with DEA as well as other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. As a result of Your Affiant's participation in this investigation, my conversations with, and
review of reports prepared by HIDTA Task Force Officers as well as other federal, state
and local law enforcement agencies, I am familiar with all aspects of this investigation as
articulated in this Affidavit. Information contained in this Affidavit includes the results of
review of property records and other information obtained from public sources; physical
surveillance; information from cooperating witnesses and law enforcement personnel.

Sgt Tim Scott, that the writer of document that Cannonball last posted, has a K9 per media reports trained in drugs.

Something else interesting to me is that Stephen Cooper who wrote the Ford F150 SW, is the only one who has that they have Immediate Crime Scene certification
View attachment 129877

Nick Selby did the 2 emergency LinkedIn records retention SW (MB and CW accounts) then Cody McKinney did the actual SWs. Then Nick Selby did the 2 emergency FB records retention for MB and BB accounts. Nick Selby also wrote doc about needing the FB SWs sealed, Cody McKinney did the 2nd sealing request.

Nick Selby is an expert in cyber crime and information security systems.

Cody McKinney: I am a Sergeant with the Midlothian, Texas Police Department. I have been employed by
said department for a period of approximately eleven (11) years. I have served in
investigative capacities within the Midlothian Police Department for approximately nine
(9) years. I have received special deputation as a Deputy United States Marshall, and
sworn as a Federal Task Force Officer (TFO) assigned to the North Texas High Intensity
Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA
), Southern Money Laundering Initiative. I am currently
assigned as a Task Force Officer (TFO) with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Eastern Drug Squad Group One.
I currently possess an Advanced Peace Officer
Certification as merited by and with the State of Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
(TCOLE)

Cody Moon View attachment 129878

Information contained in this Affidavit is derived from Your Affiant's knowledge of, and prior experiences in financial
and narcotics investigations; information obtained during interviews with drug traffickers familiar with this drug trafficking organization, and review of reports prepared by special agents with DEA as well as other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. As a result of Your Affiant's participation in this investigation, my conversations with, and
review of reports prepared by HIDTA Task Force Officers as well as other federal, state
and local law enforcement agencies, I am familiar with all aspects of this investigation as
articulated in this Affidavit. Information contained in this Affidavit includes the results of
review of property records and other information obtained from public sources; physical
surveillance; information from cooperating witnesses and law enforcement personnel.

Sgt Tim Scott, that the writer of document that Cannonball last posted, has a K9 per media reports trained in drugs.

North Texas High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area: https://www.ncjrs.gov/ondcppubs/publications/enforce/hidta2001/ntex-fs.html

Participating Agencies:

Federal: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Drug Enforcement Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Housing and Urban Development, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Internal Revenue Service, United States Attorney's Office, United States Customs Service, United States Marshal Service, United States Postal Service, United States Army

State: Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas National Guard

Local: Collin County Sheriff's Office, Dallas County District Attorney, Dallas County Sheriff's Office, Denton County Sheriff's Office, Johnson County Sheriff's Office, Navarro County Sheriff's Office, Tarrant County Sheriff's Office, Tarrant County Narcotics and Intelligence Coordinating Unit, Allen Police Department, Arlington Police Department, Coppell Police Department, Dallas Police Department, Denton Police Department, DFW International Airport Department of Public Safety, Duncanville Police Department, Euless Police Department, Fort Worth Police Department, Garland Police Department, Grapevine Police Department, Hurst Police Department, Irving Police Department, Lancaster Police Department, McKinney Police Department, Plano Police Department, Richardson Police Department, Weatherford Police Department

Information is provided by the North Texas HIDTA

** I think about that airport next to the church. Could MB seen something? Or maybe working with MPD? If somehow drug cartel or something, it would make (to me anyways) BB telling her to be careful, the alleged odd acting by the guy at gym, and how BB is not seeking out (paraphrasing) looking for the killer. I sure he knows more than we do, but it could be his way of protecting his family. :thinking: just thinking..

Razz, you are correct in that BB gave LE leads. In fact, BB is the one who told LE about Missy and CW. It always annoyed me that BB informed LE about CW but, apparently, never mentioned his own infidelities with one person, in particular, maybe others.

This will be marked as my own opinion bc I don't feel well, att, and won't conduct a MSM source. I began my involvement in the first few days, as many of us did. My first self-assignment was an attempt to verify BBs alibi. However, I won't purport that I've read every single post as I have a life that prevents such activities such as family visits and traveling for vacations, etc. Further, this is not the only case I'm embedded in as I have at least eleven, or many more, stored in my mind at all times. With that stated, I doubt anything huge was missed here or it would be restated over and over again in the threads.

I also agree that we may not be able to affirm who the SP is. Acknowledging such, doesn't make us care any less or force us to stop sleuthing on behalf of Missy and rooting for her Killer(s) to be caught and punished. One thing I will point out in BBs last interview, is that he never once looked at his two daughters while both of them were wringing their precious hands. I wish Peter Hyatt would conduct a SA on that interview.

If you were to transcribe the interview and send it to Peter he might do it.

I've got to go along with Honey on this one:
Burglary is illegal entry into a place with the intent to commit a crime; usually a theft. Note that there must be a breaking and an entering for common-law burglary. Breaking without entry or entry without breaking is not sufficient for common-law burglary.

Sounds like you are agreeing with me based on your responses. I just stated a Burglary is not exclusive to just theft. "Usually a theft" says by itself there are other circumstances that constitutes a Burglary like Vandalism. You can't mistake the term "Usually" with "Always". That's all I was trying to convey. She said it couldn't be a Burglary because nothing was taken and that simply is not a true statement.

One mystery was solved for me last night while perusing old threads.....I believe it was Mimi who posted a photo from MB FB, that showed one group of hers posing for a pic in front of the WORSHIP CENTER, with their mats and equipment right there. Clearly, that is the area that was used for workouts, presumably, on rainy days. That must have been Missy's plan, after she arrived in the rain, on April 18. Have we ANY photos that show a light switch panel for that area??? I suspect that that is where she was headed when she was attacked...and attacked BEFORE she was able to turn on lights. SP was lying in wait somewhere in the vicinity......but would have to have known what MB"s rainy-day alternative was, almost to a tee. This makes me wonder again, if SP is a former attendee of one of Missy's groups. JMO. ETA......or a co- conspirator, of a former rainy day attendee.

Cody Moon
attachment.php

Sgt Tim Scott, that the writer of document that Cannonball last posted, has a K9 per media reports trained in drugs.[/QUOTE]
...notice in the Cody Moon background, training, and experience section of the document you posted it states he has been employed by said department for a period of approximately seven (9) years. Which is it, seven or (9)...seriously, pretty sloppy for such an important legal document.

One mystery was solved for me last night while perusing old threads.....I believe it was Mimi who posted a photo from MB FB, that showed one group of hers posing for a pic in front of the WORSHIP CENTER, with their mats and equipment right there. Clearly, that is the area that was used for workouts, presumably, on rainy days. That must have been Missy's plan, after she arrived in the rain, on April 18. .

IIRC from prior threads, no. As I recall, MB explicitly posted that the class would be held outdoors, under the awning (ie in the porte cochere or nearby porch) in the event of rain.

[B said:
Thekt;[/B]13916605]Cody Moon
attachment.php

...notice in the Cody Moon background, training, and experience section of the document you posted it states he has been employed by said department for a period of approximately seven (9) years. Which is it, seven or (9)...seriously, pretty sloppy for such an important legal document.
[/QUOTE]
OH GOOD CATCH!! There is lots of sloppyness. If you read the scribbled out it makes it read as if this was part of a drug operation. Look at the SW for that shirt. Then there is that SW from 12/12/16, it did a copy past of 1 paragraph, it posted twice and says almost same but ea paragraph read different.

Then there is the numbering of a few of the SWs. only a few. I have gone back over and over. then watched news videos.

That newest snip of document really gets me. The report writer spoke with Johnson. Then was directed to CID Sgt Tim Scott. So looks like that who was over the scene? Sgt Scott took this report writer and Ellis Cty Crime Scene Tech Krisgen inside the building. And after seeing the body, were asked to process the TRUCK???

Again the Ford F150 SW writer was the only ones of the SW writers to have anything about crime scene certification. Yet on that SW it said the truck was inventoried. Which no doubt would have been done if processing. BB picked the truck up on Thurs 4/21/16.

Releasing the crime scene "around noon". I remember reading that a homicide detective IIRC from Mansfield was there. I will look for that link. But since it was MPD jurisdiction, I would think the scene where MB was would have been done by S Cooper. Someone else would have had to processed the rest of the building for it to have been released "around noon". It was 7:53 am when that report writer arrived, and body still there. Maybe they helped process the scene inside once they finished the truck. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj