TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM for focus

Ezrah, what are you thoughts on Johnson stating the department didn’t have the ability to capitalize on the technology?

When I read that, I hear as that technology becomes less expensive, the department will be hopefully be able to budget for the testing.

I could be way off, so any input is appreciated.

When I read it I thought maybe they didn’t have enough DNA or the correct DNA to capitalize on the technology.

SBM for focus

Ezrah, what are you thoughts on Johnson stating the department didn’t have the ability to capitalize on the technology?

When I read that, I hear as that technology becomes less expensive, the department will be hopefully be able to budget for the testing.

I could be way off, so any input is appreciated.
https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/

It could be a budget issue. My first thought was he’s saying with current technology the sample quality can’t produce info to advance the case. He is postulating that as technology advances it’s possible the sample will produce a result to help solve the identity of the suspect.

So far my thoughts are that he’s trying to rattle the perp OR the person they need to come forward to supply the info that ties the case together. He could be bluffing on the DNA.

Perhaps he’s being forthright and they do have DNA from the suspect but the sample is not of an amount or quality that can produce an image from Parabon technology.

What does the DNA tell them I wonder?? Can the sample provide anything of help?! I’m surprised there hasn’t been more of a reaction that MPD stated they do, in fact, have DNA. All MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switching gears for a moment. In a recent interview MPD Johnson talks about DNA.
“They even hoped to get a physical profile of the killer using DNA sequencing with a sample from the possible suspect but came to an impasse once again.”
This sounds like he is possibly referencing attempted to utilize Parabon technology to create a visual profile of the suspect. Since we know LE can mislead in public statements, this as left me pondering if they do have DNA, where at the crime scene it came from.

“We didn't have the ability to capitalize on that new technology. But obviously as technology changes, that may be something that's available in the future,” Johnson said.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/new-detective-assigned-to-missy-bevers-case

Wonder if the only DNA sample they had was actually trace DNA.....but no idea where it came from....maybe where SP was touching the wall....where TRACE Dna was transferred from the glove. That's pretty remote, but I suppose, possible....or from the doorknob. JMO

I think what they got was useless, and they wrapped up the crime scene investigation WAY too soon.

It could be a budget issue. My first thought was he’s saying with current technology the sample quality can’t produce info to advance the case. He is postulating that as technology advances it’s possible the sample will produce a result to help solve the identity of the suspect.

So far my thoughts are that he’s trying to rattle the perp OR the person they need to come forward to supply the info that ties the case together. He could be bluffing on the DNA.

Perhaps he’s being forthright and they do have DNA from the suspect but the sample is not of an amount or quality that can produce an image from Parabon technology.

What does the DNA tell them I wonder?? Can the sample provide anything of help?! I’m surprised there hasn’t been more of a reaction that MPD stated they do, in fact, have DNA. All MOO

I would think the DNA would be a major help. I don’t have much knowledge of DNA testing, but I’d imagine even if it’s a small amount of DNA or perhaps DNA that was mixed with Missy’s DNA, testing should produce at least the gender of the sp. That is of course in all hopes that Johnson was not bluffing and trying to rattle the perp. And I really hope and pray that there was no bluffing. I also hope it’s not a budget issue holding them back from pursuing the testing.

After slight researching of touch DNA, I read that only a very small amount is required to obtain a profile. This article gives a good explanation, even though it’s from the UK. Standards may vary between the US and UK, I’m not sure.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/small-dna-samples-for-criminal-forensics.html

There's a bit more discussion about the DNA evidence in this article.

“The little bit of physical evidence that we had we actually sent to a private lab. We sent it to them specifically because they were involved in that technology and the ability to do that,” Johnson said. “The problem was the quality of the sample we sent was not sufficient. They needed more of a complete profile and what we had was a partial and mixed profile.”

Anyone know how soon MPD or whoever reviewed the video? They wouldn't have even known the various spots SP visited until they had seen the video and the video wasn't all that helpful if it was viewed AFTER the initial crime scene had been tested for evidence. Crime scene (the whole church) should have been closed to anyone but investigators for a few days. JMO

I was told by the MPD that my personal POI is too tall. He doesn’t look any taller than BWH.

Apologies for my broken record, but after again seeing pictures of the church doors and mindful of all the glass, the rural location of the church, how the entrance from 287 leads to the church, and MB's truck's path to the porte cochere, the killer saw light from her headlights, IMO. Additional time to go around the truck, open bed cover and passenger door and negotiate her entrance gave the killer additional time to position him/herself for his/her advantage to bludgeon MB. IMO, the fact that MPD immediately jumped on the burglary option, was just as the killer planned.

It's astounding to me there has been no public advocate for MB, especially given her horribly violent death in a community church.............nobody. Not family, not friends, not CG organization, not her church, not an interfaith group in the community..............

Very good point, and even if a burglar/vandal was surprised by MB, they couldn't be identified and it was still dark out, so the obvious reaction would be to head off in the opposite direction to the car and drive off, they'd have time to get away before police arrived. Petty burglars/vandals rarely kill someone.

Wouldn't a Sunday night be the best time for a custodian to mop the floors after the congregation was gone? If so, only the custodians and SP and Missy's footprints would be slightly visible from early Monday morning....not glaringly visible, but an investigator who was seriously looking for them could see them....like kitty or dog prints on a freshly cleaned kitchen floor...you can barley see them, but they are there! JMO

Well, I'm gonna flip-flop a bit. First thing I read this morning was a copy of that FOI snippet (Cannonball's). For the life of me, I don't understand why I read it one way earlier in these threads but not how I read it this morning. (I got stuck on the concept of her walking up the hall toward where the Suspect was, I guess.)

While some of the wording is vague or confusing, what I read this morning very clearly states "We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer to the north side of the church. I saw a white female laying on her back."

The hallway, while implied, isn't even mentioned in this snippet. :confused: And it seems clear the body was found *in* the foyer after they walked into it. Not sure if I got that 'body in the hallway' from another report posted at the same time as the snippet away back in these threads or what--but I'm going with felled in the foyer, now.

Please forgive my confusing posts these last several pages!

Correct, as in they walked straight through the doors she entered - NORTH - as in NOT turning right and NOT going down the South/Dutch door hallway.

For better words to the area where the "squirrel" was at in the photo. That welcoming area has huge Come As You Are. You can see the darkness in that area, then you have the Suspect completely in dark.

I cant figure out if that is a switch on wall just past the doors into the Worship Center or not, I would think there would be a switch on that end too, but unsure. But clearly by the camera snips of Suspect walking, camera range goes in view up the hall from that column but not to the side where Cub Corner is. It dark over there.

JMO, but sp probably knew what path Missy would take when she arrived. So why waste time in an area that Missy would not be in.
RBBM
I agree jmho Suspect knew where MB would enter. But we also know that the Suspect went through other rooms and offices, both by video and what we are told by MPD and legal documents. My post you quoted was in reference to Boudy, s/he was speculating where the Suspect came out of and went into (the sanctuary) I was stating I don't be went into, nor does the sanctuary have doors with glass- as that was the speculation. Because the video shows at the end (point referenced by Boudy) shows Suspect swinging hammer breaking glass.

Wonder if the only DNA sample they had was actually trace DNA.....but no idea where it came from....maybe where SP was touching the wall....where TRACE Dna was transferred from the glove. That's pretty remote, but I suppose, possible....or from the doorknob. JMO

I think what they got was useless, and they wrapped up the crime scene investigation WAY too soon.

With the COC being a public place with many people touching walls, doors I don’t think the touch DNA would be useful and the perp wore gloves as you mentioned. MPD stated there was evidence of a struggle so it’s feasible a glove could have been pulled off by MB. If that happened then touch DNA on MB, the tools left, other items left by SP (that we haven’t been told about) could come into play. IMO

One thing to keep in mind is that what you see in the images from this video is different from the morning Missy was killed. We know there were lights on in the church in all of the hallways (not all the lights, of course) and we know from the SWFA video that the parking lot lights were blazing away.
There are street lights. And lighting in front by those lights. But the whole North side does not. It is dark on that side.
Here is one ss of the 2016 Google Earth map (it has the date on it, currently has 2018 when look so we know it was then vs now )
posting for placement of street light Missy Bevers Creekside parking lot street lights.jpg

Anyone know how soon MPD or whoever reviewed the video? They wouldn't have even known the various spots SP visited until they had seen the video and the video wasn't all that helpful if it was viewed AFTER the initial crime scene had been tested for evidence. Crime scene (the whole church) should have been closed to anyone but investigators for a few days. JMO
Very soon afterwards as the very first MPD presser details what the suspect was wearing. This was a presser conducted the same day of the murder.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8

If SP is entering the room in the Northeast corner of the sanctuary behind the stage then SP would have access to all the doors of the sanctuary from the inside - no need to break any of the doors.
Not being sarcastic, but I would expect all doors to gain entry to Worship Center (sanctuary) to be locked if any were lock. Only time we see anything that would lead us to think tried to enter is in the door across from Dutch doors. I have not seen any glass on any sanctuary door, again that is what my post you quoted was in reference too. But whether did or did not, go into the Worship Center, I do not believe that is where MB was found. JMHO

RBBM
I agree jmho Suspect knew where MB would enter. But we also know that the Suspect went through other rooms and offices, both by video and what we are told by MPD and legal documents. My post you quoted was in reference to Boudy, s/he was speculating where the Suspect came out of and went into (the sanctuary) I was stating I don't be went into, nor does the sanctuary have doors with glass- as that was the speculation. Because the video shows at the end (point referenced by Boudy) shows Suspect swinging hammer breaking glass.

I just thought the info was odd so i replied....JMO

Not being sarcastic, but I would expect all doors to gain entry to Worship Center (sanctuary) to be locked if any were lock. Only time we see anything that would lead us to think tried to enter is in the door across from Dutch doors. I have not seen any glass on any sanctuary door, again that is what my post you quoted was in reference too. But whether did or did not, go into the Worship Center, I do not believe that is where MB was found. JMHO

it is possible he or she was in the sanctuary. We haven't seen the whole video yet. JMO

RBBM that is my thoughts too. Just gave enough to rattle. JMHO they aren't going to give the Suspect what they have. Remember there is a KILLER out there still, so they are not just talking to us, they are talking to the KILLER too. The KILLER would know exactly what they are getting at.

"The department also looked at using DNA to help create a composite of the suspect.

According to a Brownwood Bulletin article published Nov. 9, 2017, DNA analysis was used to create a profile of a suspect’s facial skin tone characteristics in the Chantay Blankinship murder investigation. That visual profile very closely matched the murderer and led to his arrest shortly after it was returned to Brownwood Police.

“The little bit of physical evidence that we had we actually sent to a private lab. We sent it to them specifically because they were involved in that technology and the ability to do that,” Johnson said. “The problem was the quality of the sample we sent was not sufficient. They needed more of a complete profile and what we had was a partial and mixed profile.” http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...sy-bevers-putting-together-team-of-fresh-eyes

They have a partial and mixed profile. Does that me 2 (a partial) and (a mixed) profile? Doesn't say they used up what they had, just not enough to create a composite of the suspect. So (and I could be wrong, understand DNA very little) it is very possible that if they come up with a suspect that matches the dna they have - along with other evidence could help with a case against someone.

In this case they already have said they know the skin tone was not a dark skinned person. And height range. Some partial DNA. Unknown where they got that from but if I were the Killer it could maybe shake me up a bit. And that what I think anything they release is intended to do. Nothing more.

I glad they are going back to scratch. Now just like up they know what is what and go by exactly what they had at the beginning. They also have the luxury of knowing what the SWs executed results were. Lots of positive in revisiting especially if someone is locked into one theory. JMHO

RBBM that is my thoughts too. Just gave enough to rattle. JMHO they aren't going to give the Suspect what they have. Remember there is a KILLER out there still, so they are not just talking to us, they are talking to the KILLER too. The KILLER would know exactly what they are getting at.

"The department also looked at using DNA to help create a composite of the suspect.

According to a Brownwood Bulletin article published Nov. 9, 2017, DNA analysis was used to create a profile of a suspect’s facial skin tone characteristics in the Chantay Blankinship murder investigation. That visual profile very closely matched the murderer and led to his arrest shortly after it was returned to Brownwood Police.

“The little bit of physical evidence that we had we actually sent to a private lab. We sent it to them specifically because they were involved in that technology and the ability to do that,” Johnson said. “The problem was the quality of the sample we sent was not sufficient. They needed more of a complete profile and what we had was a partial and mixed profile.”

They have a partial and mixed profile. Does that me 2 (a partial) and (a mixed) profile? Doesn't say they used up what they had, just not enough to create a composite of the suspect. So (and I could be wrong, understand DNA very little) it is very possible that if they come up with a suspect that matches the dna they have - along with other evidence could help with a case against someone.

In this case they already have said they know the skin tone was not a dark skinned person. And height range. Some partial DNA. Unknown where they got that from but if I were the Killer it could maybe shake me up a bit. And that what I think anything they release is intended to do. Nothing more.

I glad they are going back to scratch. Now just like up they know what is what and go by exactly what they had at the beginning. They also have the luxury of knowing what the SWs executed results were. Lots of positive in revisiting especially if someone is locked into one theory. JMHO

Familial DNA might hold the key

I don't think we know exact time but they got it pretty soon I would think once Inv arrived. They had seen it and got the 7 sec and 36 sec stills video by the time they had the 330pm press conf that afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8