TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to be more suspicious regarding the Altima and less suspicious regarding the outside cameras. With the Altima, it’s just a heck of a lot of coincidental timing and strange behavior to ignore. With the outside cameras, I believe there were two - West entrance and SW awning entrance. I think the West entrance was the only one that truly did not work. I think they have footage from under the awning because one warrant notes that police had footage of campers gathering under the awning prior to 5 and looking at their phones. There is no other camera that I know of that could have captured that.

Johnson said he didn’t believe cameras had been tampered with. He said the church was aware of issues, and I think he was referring to the West outside camera when he said that.

This is important and can not wait until an arrest. It's solvable to a capital punishment sentence.

Where would we be if there wasn't a video? Why do you think SP did not mind allowing the cameras to record him for sites like this one to dissect in every manner possible?

Put the pressure down on SP. We're going to have a name soon.

You misunderstood me. What I’m saying is, CW could have sent one of his intimate messages to Missy, which wouldn’t have been creepy to her. But she failed to prevent her friend from seeing it. So this friend - not knowing of an affair - would wonder why someone is sending Missy a message that says, “Baby, I can’t stop thinking about you and our night together” or WHATEVER it said (that’s just a hypothetical). So Missy would have to do damage control and say, “Whoa, I have no idea who this is from. How creepy.” Do you see what I’m saying?

I understand better now, thanks. :) I recall we were told that her friend couldn't remember who sent the creepy LI message. Your example of a possible and hypothetical LI conversation is slightly inflammatory and assumes things not in evidence att. It's a familiar, flirty, intimate LI relationship but never are we told there were actual meetings between these two. Flirty doesn't equal adultery.

I understand better now, thanks. :) I recall we were told that her friend couldn't remember who sent the creepy LI message. Your example of a possible and hypothetical LI conversation is slightly inflammatory and assumes things not in evidence att. It's a familiar, flirty, intimate LI relationship but never are we told there were actual meetings between these two. Flirty doesn't equal adultery.
I underscore your response. While I'm sure the poster didn't mean to infer anything negative, it could be taken in a manner that suggests something that isn't true.

I also know that some people in the fitness community speak to each other in a manner that would seem somewhat inappropriate to "outsiders" where remarks about someone's "amazing glutes" or whatever is common place in certain circles. They see the human form as a beautiful piece of sculpture and aren't necessarily being smarmy.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Why do you think SP did not mind allowing the cameras to record him for sites like this one to dissect in every manner possible?

Respectfully, that question assumes "1 SP did not mind 2 allowing the cameras to record him 3 for sites like this one to dissect in every manner possible" in the question.

But when we remove the assumptions from his planning, since they may not have been reality, the mysteriousness vanishes.

Clearly SP did mind being known - thus the disguise.

Also the room-by-room exploring allows the easy implication that he didn't know what was behind each door, making us wonder had he never been on the premises before? If that's the case, he wouldn't have even necessarily known there were cams that would be recording.

Once he's there and observes the cams, he's "pot committed," as the saying goes. It doesn't mean he doesn't care, it's just too late to do anything about it other than the disguise he already has on.

Also, why would he have any reason to expect the cam videos might end up a big deal to the public, and websites? If he's there for a burglary, the video almost certainly won't end up on TV and elsewhere. It will just be a random break-in with some things missing that insurance covers and hardly anyone outside the church leaders even know about. The disguise makes it hard for him to be found and easy for LE to move on from rather quickly.

Last edited:

Respectfully, the point being made about the messages wasn't about the content. It was about each person's PERCEPTION of those messages.

We know after the murder what the friend perceived of the messages (although their exact content has vanished) - creepy, weird, etc. And we know after the murder what the friend recalls about MB's perception - the same. It also appears that the friend's perception was driven, at least in part and maybe entirely, by what MB said about the messages.

But the point is, we don't have any way to find out whether MB was REALLY thinking those things, or whether her understanding and perception was completely different than she wanted to let on to that friend. Everything we think we know about that has been filtered through the friend's pov. If MBV wanted to hide what she knew or how she really felt about them, or if she was being totally transparent, we have no real way of knowing.

MB was having an intimate and familiar relationship with CW as confirmed by deleted, then recovered, messages on LI.

Who knew this was happening? Who possibly could have known?

Days before the murder, MB received a creepy message from an unknown male on LI that disturbed her. Whoever sent this particular message must have known MB was communicating with CW via LI.

Some have postulated that maybe - just maybe - CW and the creepy LI message were one and the same. That the creepy message could have been CW, and perhaps Missy’s friend happened to see it. This would have necessitated Missy doing a little CYA and pretending she had no idea who this was.

CW surely wasn't sending MB creepy messages. Their relationship was intimate and familiar; not freaky. Contrary to his MMA rep, CW was a lover; not a fighter.

Who would know MB and CW were communicating via LI?

You misunderstood me. What I’m saying is, CW could have sent one of his intimate messages to Missy, which wouldn’t have been creepy to her. But she failed to prevent her friend from seeing it. So this friend - not knowing of an affair - would wonder why someone is sending Missy a message that says, “Baby, I can’t stop thinking about you and our night together” or WHATEVER it said (that’s just a hypothetical). So Missy would have to do damage control and say, “Whoa, I have no idea who this is from. How creepy.” Do you see what I’m saying?

You made a claim that whoever sent the creepy LI message “must have known” that Missy and CW communicated via LI. Talk about assuming facts not in evidence! I responded the way I did to show that the LI stuff might not be what it appears to be, and I gave one alternate example of how the reality might be different from the perception. Bottom line, the creepy LI message is one of the enduring mysteries of this case, and we really have no idea what happened there because we have so little to go on.

You made a claim that whoever sent the creepy LI message “must have known” that Missy and CW communicated via LI. Talk about assuming facts not in evidence! I responded the way I did to show that the LI stuff might not be what it appears to be, and I gave one alternate example of how the reality might be different from the perception. Bottom line, the creepy LI message is one of the enduring mysteries of this case, and we really have no idea what happened there because we have so little to go on.
I would be very interested in knowing the exact wording of the creepy message. I believe, it might help the case (or only me to build a connection with something ;) ).

I would be very interested in knowing the exact wording of the creepy message.

So would everyone else. But from what we have been told, it appears the text of the message (as well as the name or ID of the sender) was long gone by the time of MB's death, lost for good, with no way to obtain it.

If I understand correctly, all that the friend could provide was that there had been a message sent to MB they described as weird or creepy or somesuch, with a general time frame of when they had seen it, but no knowledge of the sender's name or ID, and with no recollection of the actual wording or anything else.

May my post #771 be stricken from the record and declared null and void .... just showed hubby the footage and he said it's a tool to pull the lock out (of the tool he was using) .... haha, I see some strange things, whoops :rolleyes:
Might work my way through some of the threads and look at some pictures and read some of the great info here. Cheers

Last edited:
One more thing .... is that a mobile phone he gets out and looks at, at the time he seems to look at the camera, about 0.43? I put slow motion on and that's what it looks like. Anyone see that?
I've been wondering the same thing and it's one of the reasons I've been considering a duo (with one perp inside the building and another outside). I'm not convinced about that, but lean that way.

Would love to hear what others see.

jmo

Just got to watch this .... this is excellent @Gumshoe Stories and so great that you're here :) I need to watch this again, so much info in it. Good on you and Chris, just superb.
PS: Any thoughts on a mobile scene at the door?
I don’t personally believe there is a cell phone shown on the video. Doesn’t make much sense to me that the killer would stop in the middle of prying a door open to pull out a phone, then go back to prying.

I don’t personally believe there is a cell phone shown on the video. Doesn’t make much sense to me that the killer would stop in the middle of prying a door open to pull out a phone, then go back to prying.
Thanks Gumshoe Stories, yes, it doesn't make sense. But hypothetically, let's imagine you're in his position at that time, in front of a camera, and your phone rings .... the stance he takes at that moment, the look at the camera and then what looks like the flip up of a mobile phone cover and light, could match up with his/her phone ringing/text message, at that point. Will try and get a photo of what I mean. However, you're probably right, I do get some wacky theories and thoughts :) Cheers

Thanks Gumshoe Stories, yes, it doesn't make sense. But hypothetically, let's imagine you're in his position at that time, in front of a camera, and your phone rings .... the stance he takes at that moment, the look at the camera and then what looks like the flip up of a mobile phone cover and light, could match up with his/her phone ringing/text message, at that point. Will try and get a photo of what I mean. However, you're probably right, I do get some wacky theories and thoughts :) Cheers

Hi @Itsapuzzle No worries about wacky thoughts. I've had my own. One warrant said the killer may have used a phone to record the slaying. I haven't seen where that theory has been definitely ruled out although it was later said it was unlikely. So, never say never. :)

Slain fitness instructor Missy Bevers received 'creepy and strange' message days before death, search warrant says

IMO it would be great if SP had a cell connection, LE might be able to trace it using a tower dump. Especially at that particular hour and location, IMO there wouldn't be that many calls being made. Unfortunately, with no arrests after all this time, it seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member