TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I watched the high resolution video from WS member Kodiak, the 2nd part (walking into hall where camera & light is on and starts smashing glass) the perp seems to move faster and the legs look smaller. It could be the up close, clear and most likely IMO, camera angle. I'm going to rewatch. Again.

I am now looking at everyone I pass everywhere to see how they walk. :sigh:

Hello everyone, first timer. As an expert with 20 years of experience in gait and movement assessment, I just wanted to chime in on handedness. In 90+% of all gross motor dominant arms, the dominant arm will hang lower and more forward. The hand someone writes with (fine motor) is not always the same as their gross motor dominant arm (the hand that swings the hammer). Usually they are the same but not always. Think of your friends that write right handed, but golf or play hockey left handed. These are the naturally ambidextrous, and those that were born left handed but forced as children to become right handed (which incidentally I really only see in the 60 and up age category). So don't assume someone who writes right handed would swing a hammer in their right hand. If you want to know which arm someone would swing a hammer, it's their lower and likely more forward shoulder.

And for what it's worth, the first time I saw the killers video the only thing that came out of my mouth was "that's a woman." And I'm sticking with it. Except for I can almost convince myself there are two different people in the video, but I also over analyze things.

Welcome to WS lilyk!! Great post! We have discussed possible 2 perp scenario. Also that some video before(with tools in gut area) and some after(thus thinner looking ) if left tools on scene.

Wow... only 27 pages behind on same thread.. must have been a shut down today ;) I may be able to catch up..

Wow... only 27 pages behind on same thread.. must have been a shut down today ;) I may be able to catch up..

I changed the settings to show 40 posts on a page, so it doesn't seem like I'm that far behind.

Very interesting!! Thanks so much for joining and sharing this info.

I've toyed with the idea that there are two perps too, but didn't really have much to go on other than the fact that we're seeing so many traits that I thought perhaps there might be two people with two sets of traits.

What leads you to think there are two?

Welcome to WS. :)

I wish there was more walking in the section where the glass is being hammered out, but in addition to some subtleties in the posture and movement patterns in that particular section of video the feet also look very proportionally correct to the body, and the shoes don't appear oversized at all. I wouldn't say that's the case for the rest of the video.

You buy them without a contract or even having to register / give a name. They come with a certain number of minutes on them. Anyone Could walk into a store, pay cash for a prepaid phone and leave.

Except earlier someone said the cell phone number can be matched to the store it was purchased from, so surveillance cameras in the store could be a possible help in getting an image of the person. If they keep video long enough. And if they even have video cameras in their store.

MOO speculative post: If it's a hired hitman, and he is the one risking Ol' Sparky, then he is going to want no contact with the person hiring him. I think there might be an intermediary. And a hitman would want control and not trust the ordinary people who hired him. So being a professional, he would have various burner phones from various places that he purchases along the way over years. When he takes a job, he selects two - one for him, and one for the intermediary to mail to the person who hired him. These phones will have whatever area codes, like one in New York and one in Atlanta. The hitman is the only one who knows both numbers. He only uses the phone this one time, send his photos or msg, that phone is disappeared. XX (pick a suspect) only receives one msg on his phone showing/telling him job complete, and has been instructed to eliminate that phone forever, complete destruction (smash to bits, burn in BBQ). Filming the murder is proof, but it is also a long term threat against payment (I did this, pay me or else). The AT&T warrant is a tower dump for all traffic from 3-5AM on the 18th. This may be why they are pointing at New York today, but it is to pressure the person who wanted MB dead who may think the hitman came from there. Also in the "Your Affiant's Probable Cause" section, LE only states that there may be useful data based on over 90% of adults in the US having a cell phone. I thought NG made it sound like LE was certain there was cell phone activity with the murderer - but it is not that way. I am not convinced a hitman takes a cell phone at all.

"Additionally, your Affiant has relied upon his common experience, as well as informational
research obtained (demonstrating that over ninety percent of American adults own a cell
phone and a substantial percentage of such cell phones possess smart phone

capabilities) in establishing that the vast majority of the populous own, possess, utilize,
and carry on or about their person (or withintheir vehicle) a cell phone on a regular and
constant basis, and consequently, Affiant has further probable cause to believe that at
the specific location of the Creekside Church, and on the relevant date and time described
above, that the unknown suspect did in fact possess a cell phone,and said cell phone
transmitted and/orreceived and/or captured electronic/digitalsignals (electronic/digital
signatures) to/from the cell tower system within the relevant geographic area."

AT&T .pdf on page 1 of this thread

Waxmom said:
Didn't see anything that looked like a bomb squad that day, or any mention of explosives-road was free and clear to pass by all day, and clearly just "normal" looking law enforcement. I really don't think explosives were ever an issue.

Thank you for the info. Road would have been close. Good point!!!

Thanks! So they most likely brought out the K9 to search the church and grounds for other reasons. In the dog's ATF profile it says he is particularly good off-leash, and they gave the dog a write-up for his work in finding suspects in such a such a shooting situation. I wondered if they hope he could track which way the suspect went into the woods or open space behind the church, if that's what LE was thinking, tracking not on human scent but on gunshot residue for reasons LE has not disclosed.

Thank you for the info. Road would have been close. Good point!!!

When I watched the high resolution video from WS member Kodiak, the 2nd part (walking into hall where camera & light is on and starts smashing glass) the perp seems to move faster and the legs look smaller. It could be the up close, clear and most likely IMO, camera angle. I'm going to rewatch. Again.

I am now looking at everyone I pass everywhere to see how they walk. :sigh:

In the .gif posted yesterday? I thought the suspect walked more like a man, and lighter on his feet, springy almost, and I thought it might be the speed of the .gif where other videos are somehow slower.

Do we know the handedness of anyone involved?

My opinion on the subject of handedness: suspect holds this weapon in both hands, seemingly for equal amounts of time. This could be because he is frequently using his dominant hand to open doors, etc. He uses both hands to strike with the rock hammer: the right hand to break a window, but the left hand to pound the pry bar into a door latch. I personally find the latter awkward but my semi-ambidextrous boyfriend does not. So it makes me wonder if the suspect might be somewhat ambidextrous with dominant right-handedness.

Further, in one portion of the surveillance video, the suspect briefly holds up what appears to be a flashlight or flashlight/baton, using his left hand in an overhand grip near his left shoulder, while holding the rock hammer up in his right hand. I have heard speculation that the suspect could have worked in security or law enforcement because of the way he holds the flashlight, but I completely disagree. Given the costume, I feel this is just a mannerism adopted either for the benefit of the cameras or some kind of affectation that helps him get into character for his "mission". Most people are aware by now that law enforcement holds a flashlight this way, so it's a simple thing to fake if you're trying to play a role.

IMO LE has known awhile from facial recognition who the perp is. I think they are just finding out for sure who all may have been complicit with the murder. More than 1 arrest coming IMO. Too many great LE on this case. Should be soon IMO.

New to Websleuths. My first post.

My area of interest and study is mainly anatomy and kinesiology. I have made my own evaluation of the surveillance footage, compiling physical trait similarities of Bevers family members to the suspect.

Head-forward posture:
attachment.php

Hypermobility (hyper-extended joints or lax ligaments):
attachment.php

Sway back:
attachment.php

Additional observances are pronate ankles:
attachment.php

Height approximation 70-72" (based on standard commercial door handle installations of 950-1000mm):
attachment.php

The suspect in the surveillance photo walks with a toe-out gait and what appears to be pronate ankles. These traits are often linked together, as well as to other hypermobility issues such as lax ligaments and joint weakness. I was unable to find enough footage to make a strong link between the suspect and either Bevers man with regards to these characteristics, but both Bevers men do appear to walk with toe-out gait. People with hypermobility are prone to knee and ankle weakness and injuries. The suspect can be seen in a few frames walking awkwardly, as if wearing oversized footwear or compensating for weakness or limping.

I feel these physical similarities are notable enough to point out.

Attachments

• height1.jpg
    height1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 75
  • headforward.jpg
    headforward.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 716
  • hypermobility.jpg
    hypermobility.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 725
  • sway2.jpg
    sway2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 710
  • pronate.jpg
    pronate.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 771

My area of interest and study is mainly anatomy and kinesiology. I have made my own evaluation of the surveillance footage, compiling physical trait similarities of Bevers family members to the suspect.

Head-forward posture:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Sway back:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Height approximation 70-72" (based on standard commercial door handle installations of 950-1000mm):
attachment.php

The suspect in the surveillance photo walks with a toe-out gait and what appears to be pronate ankles. These traits are often linked together, as well as to other hypermobility issues such as lax ligaments and joint weakness. I was unable to find enough footage to make a strong link between the suspect and either Bevers man with regards to these characteristics, but both Bevers men do appear to walk with toe-out gait. People with hypermobility are prone to knee and ankle weakness and injuries. The suspect can be seen in a few frames walking awkwardly, as if wearing oversized footwear or compensating for weakness or limping.

Welcome!
You did a fantastic job with this! Our resident super sleuthers will wake up and see this as a Christmas gift.

Many of us here have really gone back and forth with RB's involvement and this certainly makes things more compelling.

I am amazed!

Thank you~

Here is the relation chart that lstiff and I worked on this morning for anyone who has questions or additions.

Are Missy's parents living? Have any of her own immediate family members said anything else in msm that can be shared?

Are Missy's parents living? Have any of her own immediate family members said anything else in msm that can be shared?

Her father died in 2014, but her mother is still loving. I don't recall seeing anyone speak to the media, but I may have missed something...<modsnip>

Head-forward posture:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Sway back:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow! That is so clear with the images. It makes a lot more sense. Thank you.

Please don't fall down this rabbit hole, Occam's razor and all. I am just wondering - the SWAT gear, etc... Two deputies were arrested for stealing firearms from the sheriff's evidence locker - the thefts appear to have happened shortly before MB's murder. Is there any chance that the police SWAT type gear also could have been stolen at that time? Just continuing to think where the gear came from . . . some of the firearms were sold to a pawn shop. (wow you would think that sheriff's deputies would be smart enough not to sell to a pawn shop....) I realize, logically, that the gear could have come from anywhere - internet, already owned, etc... Just wondering ....

Former sheriff's deputy accused of pawning guns from evidence locker http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/form...f-pawning-guns-from-evidence-locker/141559083

2nd deputy arrested in gun theft case http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160504/NEWS/160509782

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj