TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Here is what we have come up with as far as social media and other issues:

If certain Facebook Pages are public then the Facebook page can be discussed.

In this case, we can discuss the Facebook pages of Missy's husband and father-in-law because they have been speaking to the press and have public Facebook pages.

According to 2 media sources, police are looking at a woman with a broken foot married to an African American. There was confusion about the race of the woman but it is now determined she is Caucasian.

Since the Facebook page is public same rules apply here.

Before anyone starts posting hog wild about this couple please remember, we have not heard anything officially. Before you post your opinion remember they may have nothing to do with the case. Ask yourself how will you feel if when the arrest is made it is someone we don't know. You've gone off on innocent people on a public forum. So, be very careful before you speculate.

Only the comments made by the owner of the Facebook page can be discussed. Absolutely no discussion about comments from other people.

No pictures from the Facebook page. Only links to the pictures.

If any of these Facebook pages are made private that is the end of the discussion.

No other pictures other than from mainstream media.

NO PICTURES OF MINORS NO MATTER WHAT. NO LINKING TO PICTURES OF MINORS.

Absolutely no discussion about someone's employment or links to their workplace.

Hi Everyone,

If Facebook Pages are public then the Facebook page can be discussed.

In this case, we can discuss the Facebook pages of Missy's husband and father-in-law because they have been speaking to the press and have public Facebook pages.

According to 2 media sources, police are looking at a woman with a broken foot married to an African American. There was confusion about the race of the woman but it is now determined she is Caucasian.

Before anyone starts posting hog wild about this couple please remember, we have not heard anything officially. Before you post your opinion remember they may have nothing to do with the case. Ask yourself how will you feel if when the arrest is made it is someone we don't know. You've gone off on innocent people on a public forum. So, be very careful before you speculate.

Only the comments made by the owner of the Facebook page can be discussed. Absolutely no discussion about comments from other people.

If any of these Facebook pages are made private that is the end of the discussion.

Absolutely no discussion about someone's employment or links to their workplace.
Thanks guys!

Hmmmmm. Good question. Ok how about a statement from an attorney......just pleading with the public to lay off............but if they are still adamant about their social media banter,I guess no one CAN help them but themselves. JMO

Do you think the public would listen or care? The public will speculate how they want. It could make you look even more guilty.
There are cases out there that have ended in conviction and some people will still think that someone else is guilty, that there was conspiracy or cover-up or something else.
You can't control other people's opinions of you (look at the Streisand effect https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect). The only thing that really matters is the facts, LE, and the judge and jury at your trial.

Obviously I'm using "you" and "your" in the general sense here.

ETA social media must be the worst nightmare for people trying to get juries together.

Hi Everyone,

If Facebook Pages are public then the Facebook page can be discussed.

So are both AT and CT's Facebook pages allowed? Or only CT's? What about other social media?

Are we 100% CT in the phone warrant is AT wife or could it still be the step brother of BB? Did the confirmation that the phone record pulled is (her) CT and not (him) CT come from LE? TIA xoxo

Is there a link to the 2 media sources that mention that the police are looking at a woman with a broken foot married to an African American, per Tricia's post above?

IMOO.

In all honesty. Missy was and is a mother first and foremost.

Now I'm not sure who killed her nor why.

But today is Mother's Day and Missy should not be forgotten. Jmo.

Now since it's Mother's Day. I don't care about the killer.

All I know is that today should just be a moment of silence for our girl and any other mothers that were killed and never made it on the news nor this site.

Jmo.

Remember, the children are reading

By Scott Brooks Publisher of the Waxahachie Daily Light
May 7, 2016

"It’s been almost three weeks since Missy Bevers was killed and in that time there have been countless rumors, claims, accusations and facts permeating not only our local communities but the entire country. It’s fair to say that this tragic yet mesmerizing case has grabbed the attention of millions both for its brutality and its mystery. From where I sit, I don’t think the mystery is as great for law enforcement as it is for the rest of us, but that may just be me."
sbm

"Beyond the obvious impact of the murder on her family, namely Mrs. Bevers’ children, is the added impact of unstoppable waves of information … facts notwithstanding. And therein can be found the other tragedy here. There are three young children who, by no fault of their own, are in the middle of this whole thing. They, like the rest of us, are potentially exposed to the same unfiltered accusations every homegrown detective in this country is putting forth. As if the information already coming from search warrants isn’t troubling enough, the weed riddled dirt being thrown all over the Bevers family is beyond the scope – well beyond. Adults will have to deal with it, but we all ought to take a second before hitting the send or post button and think about the impact on these three beautiful girls. Posting every imaginable theory as to how this all happened is not worth creating even more pain for Missy Bevers’ daughters. It just isn’t."

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160507/column-remember-children-are-reading

Is there a link to the 2 media sources that mention that the police are looking at a woman with a broken foot married to an African American, per Tricia's post above?

IMOO.

"Looking at" implies that LE has a particular POI who is female, Caucasian, married to an African American and had a broken foot. Only CT fits that description and I don't recall any LE source saying that.

Maybe I missed it.

Respectfully, I don't think they have said that exactly. From the April 18th Press Conference, they chose their words carefully. JMHO
Male Reporter : did suspect stay around

Captain Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assault. still piecing together the video

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Captain Spann :again we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Hmmm. That seems to contradict what is stated in the search warrant that describes Missy’s puncture wounds. The search warrant seems to be dated April 19th.

Here’s the link to the article that includes the warrant:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

Here’s what is stated within the warrant (bbm):

At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building.

Remember, the children are reading

By Scott Brooks Publisher of the Waxahachie Daily Light
May 7, 2016

"It’s been almost three weeks since Missy Bevers was killed and in that time there have been countless rumors, claims, accusations and facts permeating not only our local communities but the entire country. It’s fair to say that this tragic yet mesmerizing case has grabbed the attention of millions both for its brutality and its mystery. From where I sit, I don’t think the mystery is as great for law enforcement as it is for the rest of us, but that may just be me."
sbm

"Beyond the obvious impact of the murder on her family, namely Mrs. Bevers’ children, is the added impact of unstoppable waves of information … facts notwithstanding. And therein can be found the other tragedy here. There are three young children who, by no fault of their own, are in the middle of this whole thing. They, like the rest of us, are potentially exposed to the same unfiltered accusations every homegrown detective in this country is putting forth. As if the information already coming from search warrants isn’t troubling enough, the weed riddled dirt being thrown all over the Bevers family is beyond the scope – well beyond. Adults will have to deal with it, but we all ought to take a second before hitting the send or post button and think about the impact on these three beautiful girls. Posting every imaginable theory as to how this all happened is not worth creating even more pain for Missy Bevers’ daughters. It just isn’t."

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160507/column-remember-children-are-reading/?Start=1

That link didn't work for me. Found it by navigating through the home page. Here is a good link: http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160507/column-remember-children-are-reading

Link to 2nd letter is in MSM now.

Missy Bevers' Mother-in-Law Pens Second Open Letter to Killer
"Things would be a lot easier on you to just go ahead and turn yourself in"
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...78587696.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand
And, in my opinion, what a ridiculous story to print.It has no value except sensationalism and also a fuel for gossip.
I don't think that lady should have written a second letter to the murderer, much less the press reporting that she did. She needs to be careful.

Hmmm. That seems to contradict what is stated in the search warrant that describes Missy’s puncture wounds. The search warrant seems to be dated 19 April

Here’s the link to the article that includes the warrant:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

Here’s what is stated within the warrant (bbm):
At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building.

The "again, we see him walking down one of the hallways" doesn't mean the perp is seen again walking down the hallways on video. The "again" means the LEO is repeating what he said earlier.

jmopinion

Are we 100% CT in the phone warrant is AT wife or could it still be the step brother of BB? Did the confirmation that the phone record pulled is (her) CT and not (him) CT come from LE? TIA xoxo

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/05/b...vbiat6HLIQDYAg

Their phone numbers are labelled in the warrant “Target Numbers.” The nine people include Missy Bevers and her husband Brandon. His two cell numbers are listed. Also included are Missy’s father-in law, Randy Bevers, and her mother-in-law Vicki Bevers.

The remaining five appear to be family friends. They include a man who said he knows Missy through their mutual involvement in the Camp Gladiator fitness program. His wife’s number was also listed. Another man whose name appeared said his daughter was close friends with one of Missy’s daughters. His wife’s number was also listed.

Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death. The warrant seeks any information about incoming and and outgoing calls… as well as text messages, e-mails, and data on the phone.

The "again we see him walking down one of the hallways" doesn't mean the perp is seen again walking down the hallways on video. The "again" means the LEO is repeating what he said earlier.

jmopinion

Yes, I agree with you. I don't think any of the footage we have seen of the perp is from after the murder. The search warrant seems to support that it is footage from before the murder.

Say - is there a way I can look up court records, without cost or registering, on Texas government sites, and just using a last name? I've done this with Alaska Courtview, to check out the Palins, and it's easy. But I can't figure Texas out. Thanks.

There is one I use for a Dallas case. It is http://courtecom.dallascounty.org/pav/ or http://courtecom.dallascounty.org. I don't know if this applies to all counties though.
Use a last name search on google for the case #, then enter it into the search.

IMOO.

It was a misunderstanding of the situation from her radio guest. In a previous thread Tricia advised it was not an AA female, but rather a Caucasian female who is married to an AA male that the gentleman guest was trying to refer to.

"Midlothian police clarified no one in the new documents was ever considered a suspect. They say they now have several new persons of interest they are pursuing not named in the documents."

MAY 05 2016 http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story

So cross off everyone mentioned in the latest documents as a suspect.

So are both A.T.and C.T's Facebook pages allowed? Or only CT's? What about other social media?

We are sticking with Facebook for now.

AT and CT's Facebook pages are allowed as long as the FB pages remain public.

Please only use their initials.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members