TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief Smith and Captain of CID John Spann stated they were not... That evidence enough for me.

Investigators said they think the individual used a pry bar to smash out glass and open a side door at the church.

The building did not have an alarm, and the outside surveillance cameras were not working, police Capt. John Spann said.

2) and here is link to the Press Conf . I will use the link I posted to the Media Page so wont show up and take up space. Is listed also on the MPD FB page... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12514028#post12514028

The perp had to have known at least one of these facts - most likely that there was no burglar alarm. (Perp elaborately prepared for the cameras w/ a disguise, so we can surmise that the perp went on the assumption that the cameras all worked.)

Which means the perp either did some research or had some connection to the church. Perhaps the perp was directly connected to that church (a member or user of facility), or had some experience working in a similar environment, or had information via a person who used that facility before. Too much advanced planning was involved to make me believe that the breaking of windows was to test if an alarm was present/working.

Perp knew the burglar alarm didn't work. Who automatically knew that -or- who researched to found that out?

On Sunday, April 17th, there was a mobile "Carter Blood Drive" in the parking lot, 9:15am-1:00pm. (Source: http://www.creeksidecc.com/calendar-table/) Although the blood drive was in the parking lot, presumably the building would have been open for restroom facilities.

Considering the level of planning, would the perp have attended the blood drive in order to research the facility? Or even to be able to claim they gave blood that day, went inside to wash hands/use the restroom, and thereby established themselves as being present in the event that their DNA were found?

I could be very off base here but IMO a first year forensics student should have the ability to state if it is animal blood or human blood after one look under a microscope.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

There had been an attempt already to launder it. This complicates things. To be sure that it did not first have human blood, then was laundered, then had animal blood to cover the human blood, then laundered - would take a good deal of forensic analysis IMO

I'd agree there was probably gentle euphemisms used i.e 'can you get here quickly? Missy has been hurt,' that caused confusion - If summoning a relative I would imagine it's safer to give fewer details so they're a bit less distracted making their way to the scene of an incident/hospital etc. Jmo.

All the more reason it's VERY ODD that BB didn't fly back from Biloxi to Dallas. He had to leave Biloxi at 6:30 am LATEST to get back to Midlothian at 3 pm. (allows one stop for fuel) as it is 8.5 hour drive. He had to rent car first (started that process by 5:45 because it's not THAT quick to rent a car.)
There was a flight from Biloxi to Dallas (1.5 hour flight 6:00 am - 7:52am on AA) or 6:30-10 am on United AND flights almost every every hour flights from New Orleans to DFW direct on various airlines.
He would have been home HOURS EARLIER flying.

DRIVE TIME BILOXI TO MIDLOTHIAN, TX 8 hrs & 32 minutes

If this was indeed a hit that he planned properly, he had a disposable phone to talk to perp. Perp had same. Driving home alone allowed them time to discuss how it all went down and next moves.
Therefore, request for "pings" from cell towers near church would be looking for disposable phone number/ untraceable phone ping to confirm "hit." Too well orchestrated not to look like a hit IMHO and doesn't look like perp was ever in that church before. He's perplexed opening some of those doors & snooping around before getting down to intended business. Looks like he was told which room she would set up in and he's trying to find it or he already knows which room and he's exploring rest of church to be 100 % sure there is nobody else in the church as overnight witness to the coming crime.

The perp had to have known at least one of these facts - most likely that there was no burglar alarm. (Perp elaborately prepared for the cameras w/ a disguise, so we can surmise that the perp went on the assumption that the cameras all worked.)

Which means the perp either did some research or had some connection to the church. Perhaps the perp was directly connected to that church (a member), or had some experience working in a similar environment, or had information via a person who used that facility before. Too much advanced planning was involved to make me believe that the breaking of windows was to test if an alarm was present/working.

Perp knew the burglar alarm didn't work. Who automatically knew that -or- who researched to found that out?

On Sunday, April 17th, there was a mobile "Carter Blood Drive" in the parking lot, 9:15am-1:00pm. (Source: http://www.creeksidecc.com/calendar-table/) Although the blood drive was in the parking lot, presumably the building would have been open for restroom facilities.

Considering the level of planning, would the perp have attended the blood drive in order to research the facility? Or even to be able to claim they gave blood that day, went inside to wash hands/use the restroom, and thereby established themselves as being present in the event that their DNA were found?
AGREED!
Would be interesting to find out who took a tour of the church while trying to find the restrooms. :)

And they flew from San Diego to DWF with their dog?

Evidently all you have to have is a little carrier and they have then that fit under your seat. My sis in law does it all the time flying to Alaska. They are back in CA now (less the poor puppy)

Agree 100%

The friend could be lying to divert attention, regarding the "creepy message." The friend could be male or female. The friend could be more than a friend. Law enforcement hasn't stated that she received a creepy message. They only stated that a friend says she received a creepy message.

This may have been posted already & I missed it, as fast as these threads have been that's quite possible, but just in case it wasn't I wanted to post it, as this is the 1st time I've seen it.
From the link: "Midlothian police clarified no one in the new documents was ever considered a suspect. They say they now have several new persons of interest they are pursuing not named in the documents."
http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

They were, until MB was murdered. Then they went from CA to TX. To get there by Monday night they had to have flown. Literally in a plane or a veh.

That's what I'm confused about. They would have had to have flown to get there Monday night. But I can't see them taking a 13 yr old dog in the plane. It's a 20 hr drive! I don't have any source nor can I remember. I can't see them driving as they would want to be there for their son as soon as possible and not in 2 days. I don't know. :thinking:

All the more reason it's VERY ODD that BB didn't fly back from Biloxi to Dallas. He had to leave Biloxi at 6:30 am LATEST to get back to Midlothian at 3 pm. (allows one stop for fuel) as it is 8.5 hour drive. He had to rent car first (started that process by 5:45 because it's not THAT quick to rent a car.)
There was a flight from Biloxi to Dallas (1.5 hour flight 6:00 am - 7:52am on AA) or 6:30-10 am on United AND flights almost every every hour flights from New Orleans to DFW direct on various airlines.

If this was indeed a hit that he planned properly, he had a disposable phone to talk to perp. Perp had same. Driving home alone allowed them time to discuss how it all went down and next moves.
Therefore, request for "pings" from cell towers near church would be looking for disposable phone number/ untraceable phone ping to confirm "hit." Too well orchestrated not to look like a hit IMHO and doesn't look like perp was ever in that church before. He's perplexed opening some of those doors & snooping around before getting down to intended business. Looks like he was told which room she would set up in and he's trying to find it or he already knows which room and he's exploring rest of church to be 100 % sure there is nobody else in the church as overnight witness to the coming crime.
I'm fairly certain it has been stated that BB drove home with a friend- the friend that joined him on a fishing trip.

Also- as for flying vs. driving back. I know someone whose son was severely injured and later died in an accident. Driving takes 24 hours from where they live to where the son resided. Coordinating with the airlines was taking forever and they became frustrated, so they piled into the car and started driving. They were on their cell phones the whole time- with family members who were giving them updates AND with the airlines, attempting to find a flight from one of the cities they would be passing through. They ultimately just ended up driving the whole way instead of dealing with the airlines, security, layovers, etc.

So I look at that situation and I can totally see why BB and his friend drove home.

With all due respect, I don't think we should be accusing random people based on body type and eyes or because they are early risers.

Agree but apparently there were facebook posts from him that were odd....since then deleted. Just trying to keep an open mind on suspects!

Too many coincidences for me...

IMHO

This may have been posted already & I missed it, as fast as these threads have been that's quite possible, but just in case it wasn't I wanted to post it, as this is the 1st time I've seen it.
From the link: "Midlothian police clarified no one in the new documents was ever considered a suspect. They say they now have several new persons of interest they are pursuing not named in the documents."
http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

In my opinion, this is part of LE strategy to smoke out perp :rollercoaster:

Do you have a link for these two things?

How do we know Missy has known AT since 2014? I thought he joined CG in February 2016.

Has it been confirmed that Missy and AT had any thing other than a professional relationship?

I do not think we can link to FB pages but we are allowed to refer to MB's FB. Just scroll back through it. Go to 2014, and you will see posts with AT, in which MB has tagged AT.

ETA: No, there is no confirmation that MB and AT had anything more than a professional relationship. In my post, I was responding to someone who thought that MB and AT had known each other for two weeks or so before MB was killed. According to MB's FB page, they have known each other at least since 2014

OR that was a camera inside that caught a glimps could be same camera that got a little in a frame of a car. ? wasnt the trailer out back?

Yes, I think the trailer was parked over by the playground.

And you may be right about the picture of the truck being taken by an indoor camera---the picture looks like it was taken through a screen.

That's what I'm confused about. They would have had to have flown to get there Monday night. But I can't see them taking a 13 yr old dog in the plane. It's a 20 hr drive! I don't have any source nor can I remember. I can't see them driving as they would want to be there for their son as soon as possible and not in 2 days. I don't know. :thinking:

Can't be a 20 hour flight from CA to DFW...... It was storming at time of murder but had cleared up later in the am.

I can see the person who called him not wanting to get into the details and not being entirely sure what happened saying something like "Brandon there's been an accident, Missy is dead. You need to come home right away." Then him interpreting that as a car accident. Initial details in a case are always rife with incorrect information.

Add in that the person that called him was likely emotional, especially if the person that called him was one of the individuals that found MB. There may have been crying, terror, any range of emotions involved. At that time of morning, BB might have been sleeping so maybe he was awakened by the phone and groggy. Also, he was aware that MB was traveling to and from the church that morning for CG and knew about the rainy conditions in the area (I recall something about him experiencing travel delays due to the weather). I don't think it means anything at all that he interpreted the initial call to mean that MB had been involved in a car accident. It seems like an easy conclusion to which one might jump.

JMO

I don't think it was odd at all. My spouse and I would never answer anybody's question for each other without consulting with each other. I was taken aback by those questions, too.

When asked if he carried a pic of the dog, he said no. Not all pet lovers carry pics. I don't, DH doesn't, we don't even carry pics of each other, no pics of kids, my parents never carried pics of us, either. None of our friends carry pics of beloved pets - it's just not done by everyone - I know some people do, we don't. We have loads o' pics at home, on wall, on refrig, computers, same with pics of each other.

I didn't catch that about there being one shirt on the receipt. It's a discrepancy, but no doubt LE has checked it out. It's curious though....

When reporter then asked if his wife carried pics of the dog, he said yes or probably, but when reporter asked if she would submit a pic to the media, he said hesitated (as I would because it was just so doggone odd of a request) and said "we'll see" or something like that. I would never think to answer for my spouse, to me it didn't seem odd at all. I do think he was taken aback at that person's persistence with getting a picture of the dog. That guy sounded like a jerk to me in a "gee, I know your dog died in a terrible, bloody way, but PROVE YOU EVEN HAD A DOG" kind-of-way. Who gives a ff about seeing a pic of their dog in a professional and legitimate article about the murder of Missy Bevers? I don't.

RB was fine. He said he had no problem with LE doing whatever they need to do including investigating him. He said he expected no less and if they didn't investigate him, they wouldn't be doing their job. I'm paraphrasing, but to me, he seemed almost amused at the way the questions went toward the end. :)

IMOO...I don't carry pics of my children, my stepkids, my step grands or my dogs......does that say anything about my feelings for them....not in my head or hear. I adore them all. We are all not the same. If one of our two dogs passed we'd have to ask a particular step daughter for pictures. I have known my husband for 5 years now and we have exactly one group picture, not one of just us. If I was killed or went missing it would be speculated we really didn't have a good relationship....but the real thing is we adore each other and we have a strong relationship but we just arent picture people....We have a lot of adult kids to try and see every week and we like our quiet time......I guess I went off topic but my own Facebook would look like I don't adore my husband....I do but my Facebook is staying in touch with HS and college threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn