TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, the death penalty has no deterrent value whatsoever -- quite the contrary, in fact. And most people committing crimes like murder do, in fact, think they will get away with it.
Just wanted to point out that the person who is executed will never harm another person again.
To me it looks like there's an opening at the top, facing toward the camera at 2:02/:03 where his/her thumb is. It reminds me of a box of Ziploc bags.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

IMHO, they had to have flown in from California then. I'm not sure where they were in Cali when they received word, but it takes close to 20 hours to drive non-stop from San Diego to Dallas.

What's BB's full story? We seem to know very little. I don't know if this is correct or not. But all he has said is that he was on a bucket list fishing trip with his Dad (RB) and returned on the Monday night by 6pm?

Is that all we know? And is that correct? We do not know if she had a life insurance policy either.

Two possible motives? To solve the financial problems and to put an end to the infidelity.

There has not been any mention of Missy's own family. Parents? I thought I read that she had brothers. I wonder why?

BB's family seems more involved than they should be IMO.

I am going to give you another twist to this case to think about.

I don't think CW is involved but we know little about him except for the flirty messages. So IMO it is either CT or RB.

RB seems to me to be a crafty old man who might have offered to put his son's troubles behind him and not get caught.

BB could have been telling his whole family either stories, suspicions or the truth about Missy's affair with AT as she has known him since 2014 so they grew to hate her but it was covert.

Maybe BB has found someone else by now too.

So RB thinks up this plot to end Missy's life. The story will be that he and BB will go on a fishing trip to California. However, RB will fly back to Texas with VB on the Sunday night and sleep in BB's truck which he has left at the airport. He has purchased the SWAT gear in California and BB has left the tools for him in the truck. RB has cased the church and told RB where everything is. VB remains in the truck while he goes into the church to do the job and ready to drive off as soon as he comes back. He purposely walks as he did in the video as this is how CT walks. His idea is that CT will be blamed for this as the jealous wife. BB is still in California where his phone pings and RB has left his phone with BB. MT and RB's sister do not know the truth but they have also come to hate Missy and think it is CT who was the murderer.

Now you can pick out the flaws with this scenario.

I'm wondering if perhaps Nancy Grace (or someone) misconstrued a comment about crime-scene cleanup—meaning professionals brought in once the scene was released back to the church—and put 2 and 2 together, came up with 22, and set off and running the notion that the perp cleaned up.

In other news, if Mr. BeesInMyBonnet were to get ahold of my search history, he might give me frightened glances: "crime-scene cleanup," "admissibility forensic kinesiology," and so on.[emoji45]

I don't know where Nancy Grace may have gotten her information about cleaning up the crime scene, but this article mentions it. It's not a direct quote from LE, though. The article also misspelled "Bevers".

Authorities have said they found evidence of forced entry at the church and believe Mrs Bevan may have walked in on a robbery while preparing for her Camp Gladiator fitness class.

They also claimed someone tried to clean up the crime scene.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-got-killed-dumped-church.html#ixzz48Gah1IIN

In the Baton Rouge serial killer case (Derick Todd Lee, d. 1/21/16)

"...Lee was overlooked by police, because they thought the killer was white. He was linked by DNA to the deaths of seven women in the Baton Rouge and Lafayette areas in Louisiana, and in 2004 was convicted, in separate trials, of the murders of Geralyn DeSoto and Charlotte Murray Pace. The Pace trial resulted in a death sentence. Newspapers have suggested Lee can be linked to other unsolved murders in the area, but the police lacked DNA evidence to prove these connections. ...Police therefore administered thousands of DNA tests to Caucasian men in and around the general area of the murders. Having no leads, police then allowed the now defunct company DNAPrint Genomics to access DNA left at the crime scenes. DNAPrint Genomics generated an ancestry profile indicating that the suspect was 85% African,[SUP][5][/SUP] thus changing the course of the investigation: Police now knew they were searching for a black man ..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Todd_Lee

IIRC the turnaround all those years ago was only two weeks, when they paid a private outside lab. Today, what does it cost $129.95 to 23andMe while they await official lab results?
I could be very off base here but IMO a first year forensics student should have the ability to state if it is animal blood or human blood after one look under a microscope.

Yes, but I would bet that those grainy pictures of that truck were taken by the camera that is situated under the awning. Otherwise, they would have had better pictures of the person hooking up the trailer they were stealing and loading up the materials they were stealing.

OR that was a camera inside that caught a glimps could be same camera that got a little in a frame of a car. ? wasnt the trailer out back?

What's BB's full story? We seem to know very little. I don't know if this is correct or not. But all he has said is that he was on a bucket list fishing trip with his Dad (RB) and returned on the Monday night by 6pm?

Is that all we know? And is that correct? We do not know if she had a life insurance policy either.

Two possible motives? To solve the financial problems and to put an end to the infidelity.

There has not been any mention of Missy's own family. Parents? I thought I read that she had brothers. I wonder why?

I don't think CW is involved but we know little about him except for the flirty messages. So IMO it is either CT or RB.

RB seems to me to be a crafty old man who might have offered to put his son's troubles behind him and not get caught.

BB could have been telling his whole family either stories, suspicions or the truth about Missy's affair with AT as she has known him since 2014 so they grew to hate her but it was covert.

Maybe BB has found someone else by now too. So RB to the rescue!

So RB thinks up this plot to end Missy's life. The story will be that he and BB will go on a fishing trip to California. However, RB will fly back to Texas with VB on the Sunday night and sleep in BB's truck which he has left at the airport. He has purchased the SWAT gear in California and BB has left the tools for him in the truck. BB has cased the church earlier and told RB where everything is. VB remains in the truck while he goes into the church to do the job and ready to drive off as soon as he comes back. He purposely walks as he did in the video as this is how CT walks. His idea is that CT will be blamed for this as the jealous wife. BB is still in California where his phone pings and RB has left his phone with BB. MT and RB's sister do not know the truth but they have also come to hate Missy and think it is CT who was the murderer.

BB was in Mississippi. RB was in California. They weren't together??

BB was in Mississippi. RB was in California. They weren't together??

BB was in Mississippi on a fishing trip with unknown people.

RB was in California with his wife and dog on a road trip in their rv.

I could be very off base here but IMO a first year forensics student should have the ability to state if it is animal blood or human blood after one look under a microscope.

Didn't the warrant or receipt mention that they the shirt showed they had already attempted to treat the stain before bringing it in? We don't know if there was fresh blood on it. It could have been laundered or treated with a stain stick and rinsed. If that's the case it would require far more intense testing then just throwing a slide under a microscope.

I don't have the picture handy, but previously someone on here posted a clear picture of the entrance where you can see the camera and it's pointed towards the entrance on the right-hand wall, where you seem to acknowledge that it was for buzzing people in, which it wouldn't do you any good if it wasn't looking at the people you were buzzing in.
I am like Bill on this at the moment lol View attachment 94215

This was brought up by a poster on the Midlothian Police Dept facebook page. I looked at a photo of him and I wish some of the WS experts would compare his eyes with the ones from swatperp.
He appears to be far too tall.

If you go to my profile and look at my posts down aways you will see photos of these places. The kitchen has roll up windows to serve out of ... The Sanctuary/Auditorium has a roll up/down wall and they have huge round tables in there as well as chairs for church...

next to the kitchen is a room with interior doors from the cooking area of the kitchen. this is room 8 or going by this photo. View attachment 94201

View attachment 94203

and this is the same room as the Coconut room from vbs View attachment 94204 and that room is the end room by the propane tank 2 sets of 2 windows View attachment 94206

Right. I was looking at photos elsewhere and discovered that the Connection Cafe is actually part of the large central room whose main purpose is the auditorium/worship hall. Over on the side where the roll up doors are, they set up round dining tables. Above the roll up doors in the corridor in very large letters are the words "Connection Cafe".

Maybe BB has found someone else by now too.

So RB thinks up this plot to end Missy's life. The story will be that he and BB will go on a fishing trip to California. However, RB will fly back to Texas with VB on the Sunday night and sleep in BB's truck which he has left at the airport. He has purchased the SWAT gear in California and BB has left the tools for him in the truck. RB has cased the church and told RB where everything is. VB remains in the truck while he goes into the church to do the job and ready to drive off as soon as he comes back. He purposely walks as he did in the video as this is how CT walks. His idea is that CT will be blamed for this as the jealous wife. BB is still in California where his phone pings and RB has left his phone with BB. MT and RB's sister do not know the truth but they have also come to hate Missy and think it is CT who was the murderer.

Do you have a link for these two things?

How do we know Missy has known AT since 2014? I thought he joined CG in February 2016.

Has it been confirmed that Missy and AT had any thing other than a professional relationship?

I asked this yesterday when the debate over the timeframe was going on and got no response. So, I will ask again.

In the talk BB and RB had with the reporters in front of the dry cleaners, RB insists he dropped off two shirts with blood on them! The reporters jumped on that like crazy! BB excused himself and went inside, leaving RB to fend for himself. Someone showed the receipt and it is marked with only one shirt with blood.

The reporters then start firing questions about the dog. Now they want to see pictures of it. RB was a bit taken back with how to answer this and said "we'll see". Odd answer for a beloved pet that died recently in a dog fight.

Did RB slip up ion answering he brought two shirts in when from has been acknowledged by LE, the dry cleaners and the receipt, there was only one?

Come to think of it, when did this dog fight occur? RB and wife had been to CA. Did dog go with them? Did dog fight occur when they got back and the same day Missy was murdered? Perhaps LE needs to check into the story on the dog fight and the dog dying?

Thoughts and comments on the one shirt actually taken and now RB insists there were 2? This just doesn't match up IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANy...LOMcLtlSMWuI8s3CFtY5xVBxTtanxsg&v=ICfVJ4yIHcs

Hi. I am reading this the next day and don't know if you were answered so here's my 2 cents... the one shirt requested by LE was a female's shirt, sized 2xlarge. Don't know if that points to whom LE is looking at, it could be they are focusing on a female. It also could be that they are eliminating any charges from a defense attorney that not all avenues were explored by LE and should negate charges against their client. ( reasonable doubt). As for being shocked by reporter's request for a photo of deceased pet, it could be RB was floored by insensitivity of media. (beloved pet, like a child to VB). The dogfight was confirmed by a local animal vet. The whole thing was weird in my opinion. Taking a bloody shirt to a cleaner when your DIL has just been murdered. On the other hand, imagine the ****storm had the shirt been thrown away then found by LE. I just don't know what to think about any of this case anymore to tell you the truth. Maybe because RB and VB were on the road they were used to taking their stuff to cleaners a lot. I just don't know.

A mischaracterizatiom of "duty to retreat" where it exists.
And Washington has no duty to retreat.
" Washington State has no “duty to retreat,” as precedent was set in State v. Studd (1999) and State v. Reynaldo Redmond (2003) when the court found: "that there is no duty to retreat when a person is assaulted in a place where he or she has a right to be."'
Furthermore there is always a reasonable person standard- if a reasonable person would be in fear of imminent bodily harm, one asserts self defense
Often the "duty to retreat" is mischaracterized in this way. A more apt example of duty to retreat would be if you were arguing in your front yard with a person on the street, and they verbally threatened you - you would go inside rather than pulling out a gun and using the excuse to kill someone. In reality, "duty to retreat" law exists (when it does, not in Washington) to ensure that responses are proportionate to threats.

but i think the perp has to be shooting you or hitting you or otherwise assaulting you then you can shoot, if he comes in my house I cant shoot him. In Texas I can shoot him for being on my property or in Joe Horn's case out of Houston he shot 2 perps robbing a neighbor. Washington is not like that. I hope I never have to find out..

As I understand it, Missy showed her friend the creepy message on her phone, but the friend could not recall the name of the sender. So, maybe the message wasn't creepy enough to alarm either Missy or her friend. We are all different, but if my close friend showed me something that alarmed me, I KNOW that I would remember the name........because I would snoop around and try to figure out who it was! JMO

Agree 100%

Maybe BB has found someone else by now too. So RB to the rescue!

So RB thinks up this plot to end Missy's life. The story will be that he and BB will go on a fishing trip to California. However, RB will fly back to Texas with VB on the Sunday night and sleep in BB's truck which he has left at the airport. He has purchased the SWAT gear in California and BB has left the tools for him in the truck. BB has cased the church earlier and told RB where everything is. VB remains in the truck while he goes into the church to do the job and ready to drive off as soon as he comes back. He purposely walks as he did in the video as this is how CT walks. His idea is that CT will be blamed for this as the jealous wife. BB is still in California where his phone pings and RB has left his phone with BB. MT and RB's sister do not know the truth but they have also come to hate Missy and think it is CT who was the murderer.

I think you are confused on some things . BB was in MS not CA. And BB returned home at 3pm in a rental car with a friend
RB and VB were in CA

I think the above is so interesting. If we could figure out what the killer was doing with all those doors, I think we would have a much better sense of the case. These are the reasons I can think of for opening all those doors / breaking things. Please chime in with others:
1. As mentioned above, removing ways for MB to escape or hide
2. Staging a robbery
3. Looking for something - perhaps the area with the fitness equipment or a weapon like a kitchen knife
4. Making sure no one else was in the building
5. Bored, waiting without a phone (possibly), killing time
6. Looking for something to steal
7. Trying to get a sense of the building and where to confront MB (perhaps not able to break into the door killer knew she would open with her key)

Other ideas?

All above JMO

On the one door that appears to be given up on by perp.....not trying to open it but disabling lock so it couldn't be opened by MB. ( I don't like thinking that though) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje