TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with CT being the lone perp is a matter of Opportunity as far as Means, Motive and Opportunity go. Something would have to very flagrant for her to have an opportunity to be out of the house very early Monday morning. One answer that I've seen to that was that AT was blatantly cheating by sleeping with MB instead that night so that is how CT could leave the house, but if things were that blatant they wouldn't be surprised to learn about mere email messages and this blatant conduct would be a reason for themselves to act themselves or conspire with CT where fingering CT alone would not exclude the Bevers from also being involved. Between CT and BB, the only one who I'm seeing has a solid reason for being out of the house without arousing suspicion of a spouse is BB whereas with CT there's nothing on record to provide a reason for her to operate without suspicion of her spouse by leaving the house before he did. If things are obvious that there's something going on between AT and BB with AT not even bothering to come home, CT just as well could have supplied some of the items to the Bevers to use where she has the gear and they have the opportunity with an excuse made a year ago why BB would not be at home very early Monday morning.
The only way for there to be opportunity was if he either wasn't there that morning, or had left the house earlier that morning.

Ok so I just listened to Tricia's interview with Tamara Jolee which I have to say was interesting.

One of the things I found interesting (and have heard myself but no explanation givin as to why) is that it seems early on they (MPD) had zeroed in on one person in particular.

We have heard that MB quit going to the gym a couple weeks before her murder which raises questions in my mind. They are (in no particular order) ...

1. Did MB have a run in with someone at that gym (member or not)?

2. Could she have received more than one creepy message but only chose to show her friend the most recent one? And if so, could she have brushed those off in the beginning? Something or someone scared this woman to change a 3 year daily habit.

3. Did MB's SIL and or MIL know about this *possible* run in or these creepy message(s)? If so and they told the MPD would the MPD ask them not to speak about it in the begining of the case?

4. Why does it *seem* like MB's MIL is sending a message to a specific person?

5. Why was BB and MIL worried about MB's safety? Do they know more than they are telling? I think they do.

4. If you were *possibly* being accused of an affair that did not happen would you talk to someone about it? If I was being accused of that I know I would share that with my family members and or close friend.

5. If you felt threatened, would you stay away from a specific place?

The one thing that Tamara Jolee said that I do hope is true is that she thinks an arrest will be made within 7 days. That 7 day window ends next Thursday. *IF* she is correct it can't come soon enough but I understand that MPD has to build a solid case.

I have my own opinion on this case and will admit I have gone back and forth between a couple people. I have tried my best to keep my comments to "he/she" when speaking here. I don't post anywhere else because I like this place and the rules that Tricia has established.

And my last thought is: Even bad people have family members who are innocent victims and we should always remember that.
BBM
Regarding the two weeks away from the gym, that might be important or it might not be. Your assumption is that she was scared or staying away from something. But there are at least two other possibilities. One, which I've mentioned before, is that she preferred to be elsewhere. If she were having an affair (I'm not saying she was), that gives her a way to do it without anyone (except this gym manager) questioning her whereabouts.

But the other possibility, which I lean toward at the moment, is that she was just temporarily busy with other things. If you look at her FB, there were a lot of things going on in early April. Her daughter was involved in golf tournaments, there was some kind of a local CG conference where she had a vendor booth I think, and then she was in Austin for several days. So maybe she just couldn't make it to the gym as much. I've also posted the theory that the financial difficulties they were having caused her to quit. So maybe she wanted to avoid someone, but that definitely is just one option.

As for the MIL and the message - well, MB was killed by a specific person. We don't know who, but someone killed her. So if I'm the MIL writing an open letter, I'm going to write it just like she did. Doesn't mean she knows the name of who she's addressing. She is assuming it's someone she knows or at least knows about, though, since she thinks that MB was targeted and it wasn't a stranger. So all the people it could POSSIBLY be are floating thru her head as she's writing.

What you said at the beginning about LE zeroing in on one person early on... just speculation on my part but if I'm LE and I know there was a creepy LinkedIn message and that there was also a known person who used that same LinkedIn service to send her messages that were flirty or intimate or familiar or whatever, I would naturally assume that the killer would be either the known LinkedIn person, or that person's spouse. I would assume that the creepy message was sent by one or the other of those people and I would track down the source to see if I was right. So, I speculate that police thought the killer was related to LinkedIn and was one of those two people. I'm not saying they still think that, as I don't think they do. But I believe that was the track they went down in that first week.

I'm confused on why people think rumors in this chat room would destroy a family. This is really a rather unknown site. I happened to stumble upon it. I highly doubt anyone in the case has been on here or is even aware of it.

Hi R@ngers#1,

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS.

Before I point out a few things about the popularity of Websleuths ( we are a forum and not a chat room) I want to take a moment and discuss posting on the Internet.

No matter where you post information, even if you remove it later, it can be found and quite easily I might add.

Suppose you are right that only a handful of people have ever heard of Websleuths. It doesn't matter. It's the fact that someone posted something on Websleuths about a live person. That's the problem. Thanks to Google.

To prove my point here is a hypothetical situation : Let's say we let a post like this one stand, "I think the neighbor of Missy's named Smithy De Smithy looks like a creep. I'd stay away from him. I heard he is a child molester"

Now, let's assume only 3 people read it and move on. Doesn't matter. What matter's is Smithy De Smithy's potential boss Googles his name and guess what pops up? Yep. The child molester post.

We are a discussion forum. People are allowed to have their opinions. In fact you are responsible for what you post. You might have to defend your words someday in a court of law. It's rare but it does happen.

We do our best at Websleuths to minimize the damage done when ordinary people are thrown in the spotlight. Again, we can't protect everyone. We have to allow discussion but we feel we have a moral obligation to at least try to stop rumors or harmful posts made about people who have done nothing wrong. We do not always accomplish that goal but we try.

You see it has nothing to do with our size and everything to do with Google searches.

But about the size thing? Yes, we do have a good size number of people posting and reading. In fact, I think Wednesday we had close to 300,000 (three hundred thousand) individual page views.

Websleuths members have made differences in so many cases I've lost count.

Law enforcement is reading on our site constantly.

We are quoted in major news articles all over the world.

i can promise you many people involved in this case from Law Enforcement to people close to Missy read here. They may be participating for all I know.

One of my proudest moments on Websleuths is when Cindy Anthony, Casey Anthony's mother, personally told me she was going to shut down my site because she didn't like what we said about Casey. Then she told me no one reads Websleuths. Later, hundreds of pages of Websleuths posts were found in her garbage can.

We're not the Huffington Post or The Drudge Report. Not by any means but the people we do have posting make a difference in people's lives all the time.

To me, that's the coolest thing about Websleuths. We make a difference.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

The town that CT lives in is not an hour away from Midlothian. It's about 15-20 minutes.

1 Oh sorry. I thought it was said she lives in Watauga. (I am relatively local and know the geography very well.) What town is it?
2 In any event, my point is still very valid. The point the reporter was making wasn't about CT being "new to Midlothian" but instead was noting that there's no way the people in one city would be likely to casually know the life, background, lifestyle, etc of someone who lives in another city, which is what CT is.

Sorry if this is super obvious but I think the killer was punishing MB because, in their eyes, she did something for which she had to pay.

I totally agree with you on that and I was one who liked MT letter to the perp. I just found the "watch them take their last breath in the jail" comment to be very very odd. Maybe she meant they would get the DP and she would be there to watch. *shrug*

JMO

Iirc jail is short term ..e.g. for Sheriff holding. Prison is long-term incarceration by federal or state after conviction.

Taken literally, athe statement bears a whole new meaning... Although I think it was unintentional and the person did not differentiate correctly between jail and prison

Not saying CT is the perp by any means but if she were, a burner phone could be used to send fake creepy messages or to lure MB to the church early (perhaps by pretending to be someone else). I don't even know who I think could be the killer so this is not to suggest I think CT is. I just am explaining why a burner might be used. All JMO

I don't think the killer ever contacted his victim. MB herself posted that she had to get up at 3 30 am, so it could be assumed that she got to the church fairly early anyway . jmo No need to leave any kind of electronic or digital trail. jmo When the perp is standing by the bulletin board he appears to scroll his phone. then he turns away from the camera. jmo

Somewhat OT, somewhat on:

Not bringing the diagram over or linking posts, but I have valgus deformity with developmental hip dysplasia and am 5' 8" tall.

I don't pronate much due to a wonderful physical therapist and great Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation physician.

I haven't been in Texas for years, either.

Really weird to see those diagrams here and hear & see those familiar words! :waitasec:

Also, no one ever suggested that exercise could change the joint alignment. Exercise can ( and did ) improve function & mobility.

:seeya:
This is actually very informative and helpful, not OT at all. Thanks for sharing.

Per guest on Tricia's show, no evidence of any BB affairs.

Hi R@ngers#1,

We're not the Huffington Post or The Drudge Report. Not by any means but the people we do have posting make a difference in people's lives all the time.

To me, that's the coolest thing about Websleuths. We make a difference.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

BAM !

:happydance:

What does "turned intimate mean" ?

That's the thing - I mentioned in another post that language and our interpretations of it are pretty tricky. It's hard to know if some LE's definition of flirty or intimate matches what we would think if we were reading the messages. Could be blatantly sexual/romantic, or not. It could be two people who've known each other a very long time, and LE doesn't know either of them so how can he know the exact meaning behind their words (unless it's blatant). Maybe they're sharing "intimate details" but that doesn't have to be sexual - it could be sharing info about personal issues they're going through, using the other person as a counselor or someone to unload their burdens on. That makes a message intimate but doesn't make it an affair.

So all we have to go on is what LE has told us so far. And that isn't much.

"Despite recurring rumors circulating through social media and some media outlets, we have not made an arrest in this case. To say that an 'arrest is imminent,' does not reflect information published by this agency," police said. "While it is unlikely that we would pre-announce any planned arrest, please rest assured that we will make every effort to promptly notify our media partners and the public when this killer has been caught."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/reward-for-info-in-bevers-murder-doubles-to-20k/190098550

The only way for there to be opportunity was if he either wasn't there that morning, or had left the house earlier that morning.

That to me is the big issue with CT as the sole perp. With AT or others they can at least be gotten out of their home without it being a roadblock to Means/Motive/Opportunity. All that has been said with CT is the babysitting, which doesn't establish that AT wasn't home that morning or that he left ultra ultra early. AT as sole perp or AT/CT acting in concert can at least get them out the door, but I'm just not seeing CT alone and if that was the case AT and the rest of the family could be in danger (especially if there's a 7 day countdown) where rather in this ending up as an arrest, it ends in murder-suicide.

What would be BB's motive for those of you that suspect his involvement. From everything I have seen he was a loving husband.

The retired police officer who has joined our discussion mentioned three reasons for murder: 1) Sex 2) Money 3) Drugs

"Physical fitness can increase blood flow, which in theory can make sex more pleasurable since sexual arousal for both men and women involves increased blood flow to the genital area. And that can increase desire itself—if it feels great, you tend to want to do it more. <snip>"

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20306901,00.html

I really need to work out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members