TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE stated that they believe SP left through the entry point. It was always odd to me that none of the hallway cameras captured SP leaving the scene. Until I SMH and realized SP just walked out the doors of the vestibule which open to the awning under which MB parked her vehicle. There are no cameras capturing the vestibule activity, according to NG's plan of camera locations (yes, I know) but, mostly because even if an outdoor camera was focused on the awning area, they weren't operational. Therefore, there is no video of the departure.

That is the best I can do to make sense of the floorplan, the camera locations/working order and the absence of any shot of SP after MB walks down to where SP is located. Unless, of course, LE is just not telling us what they have.

In the first Press Conf April 18, Captain Spann stated that they believed Suspect left out same way came in, thru the busted Metal door, not any other door. JMHO from the Press Conf, they do have the suspect on some bit of video afterwards, not sure how much. They do know where Suspect was or area, by time stamps because they say in the SW that MB was walking in location of the Suspect... JMHO

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Spann :again we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

This is my first post here but I've followed you guys since day 1. In live about 40 minutes from midlothian and I used to travel there weekly for a work. I can't speak for other parts of the country, but I was a sales manager for a very well known regional audio and video security company and albeit in 2011 I believe the statistic we quoted was that within a 100 mile radius to Dallas/Fort Worth proper only an average of 1 in 6 was without at least a rudimentary security system. Most likely due to requirements with insurance providers. Eliminate risk and protect assets, ya know? SWFX has a hell of a system and I can almost certainly promise that he receives exterior breach notifications via text or email. That may be why he said he knew about the car before the murder. I can also tell you that they know ALOT about that car and who was on the interior. His system his super high end and in most cases has infrared technology for lightless light which allows you to see very candidly in almost all weather conditions and time of day.

Thank you for this post! Truly looking forward to hearing more from you.

:welcome4:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please look at this. I think that is the reflective lettering on the police jacket
attachment.php

Or a cellphone of the possible person in the back seat? Or the drivers cellphone.

Just tossing an idea out there. What if the perp. was a woman who waited in the Church for MB to arrive to confront her about something? The argument got out of hand and the perp. bashed the head of MB? The perp. didn't go there to necessarily murder MB but ended up killing her in a fit of rage. Who goes out to murder a person with a heavy object? What woman goes out to beat to death someone? This is all pure speculation on my part.

Here's one - yikes, I remember that one was made into a Law & Order episode, too.

A woman who wore a wig, trench coat and diapers so she wouldn't have to stop and use restrooms while driving 950 miles to murder her romantic rival.

"When the police arrested Lisa Nowak, they found in her possession a steel mallet, a buck knife with a four-inch blade, a BB gun and a map to Captain Colleen Shipman’s house, they said."

View attachment 95092 Eeek I hope this works and it's allowed. Channel 5 decided swatperp being 5'2 is silly, ha. also grabbed this photo a few days ago from something local. When you all posted the photos several times I too started to think I was seeing a wall or something but this one is easily manipulated via iPhone pic editor and I totally see now the movement of the car, if that makes sense and I think you can see the cast of the headlights in the rain which helped me see the road. It may be previously seen and old news. IMO View attachment 95093
Thank you so much for your post#271 (page 19, thread 21) where you described the security cameras at SWFA. The input of local people is so very helpful. And your point about SWFA having INFRARED and/or heat-seeking cameras is very valid since he has deer and boar hunters for customers. What better way to showcase all his toys for sale than to have them all over the store and parking lot... In your second photo quoted, there is someting very subtle to the left; it is very dark, and in some editions of the photo it cannot be seen at all. I don't want to draw on it (more distortion) - but from the bottom edge of the rear window of the car, look to the far left, there is a barely visible white line that runs approximately parallel to the length of the car body, then sharply turns out left to run parallel to the shoulder line of the 287 (the triangular shape of one side of an upside down coat hanger). I believe this is the "IN" driveway edge, with the car being in the middle or more to the "OUT" side - maybe this helps to sort out the driveway versus wall.

I tend to believe that Missy was targeted, however the more I think about it with the gun vs. hammer discussion I wonder.

If I was going to target someone that church, that morning was the perfect scenario. I wouldn't use a hammer or knife. I'd definitely use a gun. Rainy morning. Before 0500. The church itself would seem an unlikely place to expect to assault or attempt to kill a person. The building is almost isolated as the gun store is about a 1/2 mile away and residential houses almost that far away with some trees between them and houses. I originally thought a .22 auto with a homemade sound suppressor would be ideal. (No, it's not all that farfetched. Go on YouTube and search for how to make a sound suppressor or silencer for a .22. You can make one with one inch PVC pipe or metal conduit pipe and some items you can purchase at a hardware store.) Then I thought there is too much of a chance to lose one of the ejected casings, so a revolver would be best. No ejected casings. With many revolvers I could use a .22 short hollowpoint as that would make less noise. So I'm inside a building with rain coming down - both help muffle the sounds. I have a good distance between the church and occupied dwellings. If someone else pulls up, chances are they might still be inside their vehicle rolled up and possibly the radio or CD player going. I don't believe anyone would notice the sound of a .22. I wouldn't need a sound suppressor and it wouldn't get in the way of my sights. Two shots, three at the most and I would continue out the back of the church and drive off. Toss the gun in a river or lake. Toss the gloves (gunshot residue). If I'm far enough away from my victim I don't need to be concerned with blood on my clothes. And I'm not the best shot with a handgun.

Using a hammer or a knife requires the killer to up close and personal. Many blunt force murders are the product of a heated discussion or altercation. To use a hammer or knife in a planned assault requires confidence in one's own abilities and cold blooded motivation to go through with it. That is the type of confidence that comes from the kind of training that the Army, Marines or Coast Guard provides. (Maybe police training as well.)

That said, it is not impossible for someone with no training to plan to assault someone up close with a knife or blunt instrument. Happens often enough to not rule it out. And, of course, I'm shooting holes (no pun intended) in my theory that this was a premeditated murder, but rather a robbery/vandalism that went bad. And, too, a person below the age of 21 might not have access to a gun and ammo - vandalism by someone in their late teens?

Just pondering how I would do it. Others might have a different approach.

Agree...very few people kill by stabbing unless it is a spur of the moment crime of passion and those weapons happen to be nearby. If this was a premeditated crime of passion, then the perp would most likely have used a gun.

I think this looks more like vandalism/robbery gone bad.

HOWEVER...one reason a thinking person wouldn't use a gun is the fact that it can be traced. If the perp uses one of his personal weapons and becomes a suspect, he would have to produce the weapon as LE would know of legally owned guns...or as is common, the perp would have to claim that it was stolen. Either way...bad look. So, for premeditated crime, the perp has to obtain an unregistered weapon which can then be tossed...maybe just simpler to use a hammer.

Has it been mentioned that the Thrive product has oval bumper stickers? Come Thrive With Me
I can't upload a photo.

Based on image of NISSAN provided by Midlothian PD, picture was cautiously enhanced (expo hdr) by me and may show a passenger possibly rear right seat:

IF this ends up being related to murder, multiple perps then, hit almost certainly.

I must have been typing while asleep. I meant the right side all along! Wow! Thanks.

LOL, I have an "other" right, too!

After thinking more about your left, though, it made me think if it was a left turn signal and the car was turning left, that could mean that the car was actually coming from the church. Aaaaand just as I was writing that sentence, I realized that no matter which building you were leaving you could only turn right. *sigh* nevermind.

image.jpgOn this enhanced photo of the Altima, could the "light" on the inside LEFT of the rear view mirror, be the keys?

I ask this because look at the outside of the car, right rear passenger door. What looks like a light I believe is the outside door handle.

So anything chrome (or whatever the material is) on the inside is going to show up as a "light". Car keys would shine like that.

Or a cellphone of the possible person in the back seat? Or the drivers cellphone.

Just using the photo above as reference, I do not think that the 'rear view mirror' image is actually the rear view mirror. Look at the angle of the image and where the windshield would be at the front of the car's interior. This lighted rectangular image is too low to be the mirror.

It is more likely an in-dash radio/music system/GPS.

The 'bat wing' license plate image is not from twin bulbs because there is no light diffusion surrounding that area such as can be seen on the rear lights. The license plate numbers are blocked out with a photo shop product - 2 small circles of white to cover the image.

RBBM

Help me understand how the 4:45 am weather is important. ☹️ Numbers trip me up often, and I'm operating today on little sleep.

(I recall this original 4:45-dog-coyotes post, too, and was all sorts of confused then, as well.)

The press release MPD issued on April 22 states that the perp is first seen on video at 3:50 am, an hour and five minutes before the local poster let her dog out at 4:45.

Isn't the weather at 4:45 a nonissue, as far as the perp's arrival is concerned?

Gah! Foiled by numbers again: 3:50 am is 55 minutes before 4:45 am, not an hour and five minutes before.

I am SO over addition and subtraction.[emoji15]

(I couldn't edit the original post via my phone for some reason, so I've done it this way.)

AGREE TY. I brought that up a while back because I have a recollection about a local explaining that,(about key to the main front door) too. Also, I asked if Missy was seen ENTERING the church grounds from the highway, or only caught on video PARKING. Clearly, the PARKING video was not exterior video from the church. JMO If she had been captured on camera ENTERING from the highway, so would everyone else have been. Only one entrance. Steve believes that the gun shop camera couldn't have captured her parking, which seems to be true, but then What camera ,where, captured her PARKING, if it is true that church exterior cameras were not functioning? JMO

Respectfully, where are you getting that there is video of her PARKING? I know on the Official Press Release, that it says driving into the Parking Lot at 4:16 a.m. (we do not know factually, where this surveillance camera is that has this on video, we are assuming it from SWFA camera. ... and then they have her walking INTO building at 4:18 am (that would be from camera inside the church) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523292#post12523292

I think most people know that buildings all over the country have outside security cameras.

So Swat-Perp, if he/she has a brain...must have thought about the outside security cameras, and figured out how to dodge them.

Could there be more outside videos of the church, and the Swat-Perp? However, that information and the videos have not been released to the public. Maybe the church cameras really do work.

Or, maybe the outside cameras, work, but were covered with something and those cameras that recorded, had the covering fall off in the rain.

I am just trying to understand why killer's arrival, and departure, at the church were not recorded.

It has me baffled as well, they either disabled the outside cameras the day before lr earlier in the evening, or knew how to dodge them, so knew the survillence system like the back of their own hand, or the perp is caught on camera but LE is withholding that info for trial, or they had a streak of dumb luck, extremely lucky...not buying it. Somehow they arrived at the church, broke in managed to not drip track, mud and water everywhere or stripped out of a rain slicker stashed it and changed.
They somehow parked out of camer range, or hiked in from another location, or dropped off by a another person.
They must be camera leaving... unless the erp managed to disable cameras for the murder and exit.

'Bevers entered the building's main hall at 4:18 a.m., Spann said.' http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160418/NEWS/160419438

Correct, and that is also the time used in all the SW. I thinking the Official Press Release time was rounded off as was possibly (about ten til four) as stated in the first Press Conf. So if that is factual, the time stamped video we had (where Suspect is in Main Hall, by Holy Ground) that is 8 min roughly after first seen captured on video.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12519680#post12519680

Has it been mentioned that the Thrive product has oval bumper stickers? Come Thrive With Me
I can't upload a photo.

I wondered if perp may have been wearing a THRIVE patch..............or something like that. JMO

Everytime I look at this picture of the car it looks like it is parked in front of a wall.

Hope this helps..:)

attachment.php

Source: MLPD & Google maps

And as pointed out previously:

Thank you so much for your post#271 (page 19, thread 21) where you described the security cameras at SWFA. The input of local people is so very helpful. And your point about SWFA having INFRARED and/or heat-seeking cameras is very valid since he has deer and boar hunters for customers. What better way to showcase all his toys for sale than to have them all over the store and parking lot... In your second photo quoted, there is someting very subtle to the left; it is very dark, and in some editions of the photo it cannot be seen at all. I don't want to draw on it (more distortion) - but from the bottom edge of the rear window of the car, look to the far left, there is a barely visible white line that runs approximately parallel to the length of the car body, then sharply turns out left to run parallel to the shoulder line of the 287 (the triangular shape of one side of an upside down coat hanger). I believe this is the "IN" driveway edge, with the car being in the middle or more to the "OUT" side - maybe this helps to sort out the driveway versus wall.

Attachments

• MB NISSAN exiting SWFA round edging.jpg
    MB NISSAN exiting SWFA round edging.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 351
Has LE ever mentioned cell phone pings? I know cell phones can be turned off, but

1) what if perps cell phone was not turned off just sound off?
2) what if there was a second perp in car as getaway driver....cell phone on or off?
3) what if cell phones were on until getting closer to the church/crime scene, then turned off before getting to close yo the scenen?

Can any of this info be retrieved from towers....phones on or off? Cell phone numbers?

Many people have cell phones on them all the time....Could the perp(s) have a cell on them at/during the church...maybe left it on or shutting it off when getting closer to the church OR leaving it on mute? And the phone could easily be in a pants pocket with zippers so it would not fall out. That is where my son keeps his phone when on fire duty...zipped in his pants pockets. Reason being, fire calls are recieved on their own cell phones, no more pager devices; has access to cell if he needs to call for help; many other reasons. Could the perp have the cell phone on her/him to monitor police calls, 911 calls etc? I do not know what the reception is in that area.

They got a SW for ATT Towers 5 mile radius and the NYPD special unit helping on those. (We have only had 7 SW released. I feel sure they have many sealed) The sealed ones are only good for 30 days unless the Pros makes a new plea to keep sealed but per the Statute, only 1, 30 day extension. IF they do have some sealed... time is truly ticking... JMHO

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.

(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u....18.htm#18.011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214