TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, where are you getting that there is video of her PARKING? I know on the Official Press Release, that it says driving into the Parking Lot at 4:16 a.m. (we do not know factually, where this surveillance camera is that has this on video, we are assuming it from SWFA camera. ... and then they have her walking INTO building at 4:18 am (that would be from camera inside the church) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523292#post12523292

OK. I see, NOT parking but driving INTO parking lot. Which lot? Front lot or awning lot? And not captured entering from the highway or all other cars would have been seen entering from highway, as well. And exiting. Maybe too nitpicky of me, but I'm really curious.!!! JMO

Agree...very few people kill by stabbing unless it is a spur of the moment crime of passion and those weapons happen to be nearby. If this was a premeditated crime of passion, then the perp would most likely have used a gun.

I think this looks more like vandalism/robbery gone bad.

HOWEVER...one reason a thinking person wouldn't use a gun is the fact that it can be traced. If the perp uses one of his personal weapons and becomes a suspect, he would have to produce the weapon as LE would know of legally owned guns...or as is common, the perp would have to claim that it was stolen. Either way...bad look. So, for premeditated crime, the perp has to obtain an unregistered weapon which can then be tossed...maybe just simpler to use a hammer.

Whether the gun is registered to the killer or not won't really help LE if the gun is tossed. So easy to say you no longer have it. ("It was stolen out of my house." "I was coming back from target practice and left in my car and someone stole it." "No, I didn't file a police report. I didn't want to bother the police with just a .22.") If they can't find the gun they can't link it to the crime. Besides one can buy a gun from another gun owner and if the gun is old enough there may either be no record on file or the record is too old to reliably trace. And .22 guns are VERY common.

I've been gone all weekend and trying to catch up on this car development. Did I miss something or must LE have something more on this car than just the surveillance video? I'm so far behind but all I've read is that it was in a parking lot within a mile of the church nearly 2 hours before Swatperp is first seen on the church camera. That seems pretty far fetched to jump to the idea that the car would know something or be the perp unless they know more details they haven't released. And if it is Swatperp, what was he doing for all the time in between.

I know this may seem silly but if this is swatperp, I think it might imply a bit older perp than the idea that he is shorter because he's an adolescent. I know it's weird but this guy used his turn signal out of a parking lot in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. To me that speaks of someone who has been driving a long time and it's such second nature they use a turn signal automatically no matter how distracted. And if you are preparing for murder or even vandalism/burglary, you are distracted. This isn't a heavily trafficked area with potential traffic police or red light cameras so it seems less likely that he'd be super conscious of driving out of fear of attracting attention.

PS - I use 'he' because it's easier than 'he/she' every time.

Has it been mentioned that the Thrive product has oval bumper stickers? Come Thrive With Me
I can't upload a photo.

Here you go:
attachment.php

Source: http://www.cafepress.com/mf/22157920/come-thrive-with-me-rectangle_sticker?productId=168767462

Attachments

• come_thrive_with_me_oval_sticker.jpg
    come_thrive_with_me_oval_sticker.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 451
Maybe she could be seen parking by a camera inside, if it were aimed towards windows?

AGREE TY. I brought that up a while back because I have a recollection about a local explaining that,(about key to the main front door) too. Also, I asked if Missy was seen ENTERING the church grounds from the highway, or only caught on video PARKING. Clearly, the PARKING video was not exterior video from the church. JMO If she had been captured on camera ENTERING from the highway, so would everyone else have been. Only one entrance. Steve believes that the gun shop camera couldn't have captured her parking, which seems to be true, but then What camera ,where, captured her PARKING, if it is true that church exterior cameras were not functioning? JMO

Several pages to catch up on, but (if not yet addressed), I think the camera that LE said captured her 'parking' was a SW interior one that caught the movement of her car as she pulled up underneath that SW entry door with the awning. She never parked in the lot and the "intermittently working" parking lot cams were not working that day.

Whether or not the SWFA cams caught her car pulling into the church parking lot I don't know, though maybe someone else in here can answer that.

Just using the photo above as reference, I do not think that the 'rear view mirror' image is actually the rear view mirror. Look at the angle of the image and where the windshield would be at the front of the car's interior. This lighted rectangular image is too low to be the mirror.

It is more likely an in-dash radio/music system/GPS.

The 'bat wing' license plate image is not from twin bulbs because there is no light diffusion surrounding that area such as can be seen on the rear lights. The license plate numbers are blocked out with a photo shop product - 2 small circles of white to cover the image.

I totally get what you're saying, because it looks like someone using round brush to block it out on one of the photos, but it's just the reflection onto the edge of the inset area of the trunk/license plate area. When blown up, you can see it separately. What can also be seen is that it does look like someone possibly tried to block out the license and if they did, it wasn't a precise, pro job. This could also be an artifact of grainy shot removed from video, replicated a few times, shrunk down for web view size in pixels, etc. Digital images can degrade similar to a copy of a copy of a copy of a bad printout of something.

Editing to add one more thought: if LE blanked out the license, it's likely because it wasn't very clear and people (we, WSers, lol) could go off the rails interpreting all kinds of different letters and numbers. (Crazy Training)

platecloseup.jpg

Agree...very few people kill by stabbing unless it is a spur of the moment crime of passion and those weapons happen to be nearby. If this was a premeditated crime of passion, then the perp would most likely have used a gun.

I think this looks more like vandalism/robbery gone bad.

HOWEVER...one reason a thinking person wouldn't use a gun is the fact that it can be traced. If the perp uses one of his personal weapons and becomes a suspect, he would have to produce the weapon as LE would know of legally owned guns...or as is common, the perp would have to claim that it was stolen. Either way...bad look. So, for premeditated crime, the perp has to obtain an unregistered weapon which can then be tossed...maybe just simpler to use a hammer.

BBM
Unless… unless the perp wanted it to appear as if it were a crime of passion in order to confuse the investigation. The perp(s), knowing that the revelation of relationships outside the marriage would become public, makes it appear as if the motive were jealously/revenge. Perp(s) have also been successful in confusing the investigation in regards to gender. Gives the defendant plenty of alternative theories to throw at the jury at trial. IMO, IMO.

'Midlothian resident, Amber Hennlich said what many in her community have been thinking, "Something like this happens and it's shocking, you know? It gets the whole town involved like this can't happen here. This is not what we live here for." '

http://www.fox4news.com/news/143983737-story

I tend to believe that Missy was targeted, however the more I think about it with the gun vs. hammer discussion I wonder.

If I was going to target someone that church, that morning was the perfect scenario. I wouldn't use a hammer or knife. I'd definitely use a gun. Rainy morning. Before 0500. The church itself would seem an unlikely place to expect to assault or attempt to kill a person. The building is almost isolated as the gun store is about a 1/2 mile away and residential houses almost that far away with some trees between them and houses. I originally thought a .22 auto with a homemade sound suppressor would be ideal. (No, it's not all that farfetched. Go on YouTube and search for how to make a sound suppressor or silencer for a .22. You can make one with one inch PVC pipe or metal conduit pipe and some items you can purchase at a hardware store.) Then I thought there is too much of a chance to lose one of the ejected casings, so a revolver would be best. No ejected casings. With many revolvers I could use a .22 short hollowpoint as that would make less noise. So I'm inside a building with rain coming down - both help muffle the sounds. I have a good distance between the church and occupied dwellings. If someone else pulls up, chances are they might still be inside their vehicle rolled up and possibly the radio or CD player going. I don't believe anyone would notice the sound of a .22. I wouldn't need a sound suppressor and it wouldn't get in the way of my sights. Two shots, three at the most and I would continue out the back of the church and drive off. Toss the gun in a river or lake. Toss the gloves (gunshot residue). If I'm far enough away from my victim I don't need to be concerned with blood on my clothes. And I'm not the best shot with a handgun.

Using a hammer or a knife requires the killer to up close and personal. Many blunt force murders are the product of a heated discussion or altercation. To use a hammer or knife in a planned assault requires confidence in one's own abilities and cold blooded motivation to go through with it. That is the type of confidence that comes from the kind of training that the Army, Marines or Coast Guard provides. (Maybe police training as well.)

That said, it is not impossible for someone with no training to plan to assault someone up close with a knife or blunt instrument. Happens often enough to not rule it out. And, of course, I'm shooting holes (no pun intended) in my theory that this was a premeditated murder, but rather a robbery/vandalism that went bad. And, too, a person below the age of 21 might not have access to a gun and ammo - vandalism by someone in their late teens?

Just pondering how I would do it. Others might have a different approach.

Well thought out pondering. Only thing that immediately came to mind to add is that, in this semi-rural area, a teenager might indeed have access to guns. Dads taking them on hunting trips, family outings to the gun range are not at all uncommon in this part of Texas.

Just using the photo above as reference, I do not think that the 'rear view mirror' image is actually the rear view mirror. Look at the angle of the image and where the windshield would be at the front of the car's interior. This lighted rectangular image is too low to be the mirror. It is more likely an in-dash radio/music system/GPS. The 'bat wing' license plate image is not from twin bulbs because there is no light diffusion surrounding that area such as can be seen on the rear lights. The license plate numbers are blocked out with a photo shop product - 2 small circles of white to cover the image.
I think it is something like that, too. I think the twin bulbs answer the 'bat wing' top problem - and look in the 3 reflections on the driveway behind the car - the center one also has a 'batwing' appearance, which makes sense as original photo. So perhaps it was not the Altima person(s) who covered the license plate with something, but rather LE photoshopped the plate number for any of a variety of reasons (innocent lost traveler, known local close to MB person what are they doing out at 2AM, POI/suspect related to license number, stolen plate not belonging to a 2010-2012 Altima - PS if LE knows the plate number and it matches an Altima, then they know the car year, etc.) JMO

BBM
Unless… unless the perp wanted it to appear as if it were a crime of passion in order to confuse the investigation. The perp(s), knowing that the revelation of relationships outside the marriage would become public, makes it appear as if the motive were jealously/revenge. Perp(s) have also been successful in confusing the investigation in regards to gender. Gives the defendant plenty of alternative theories to throw at the jury at trial. IMO, IMO.

This, too.

Quoting myself now.. on a Monday morning.. The link reporting Captain John Spann from the Midlothian PD saying MB entered the main hallway at hours 4:18am and then bringing in equipment for her fitness class that was taking place inside the building clearly shows, that the attacker was aware of a person unloading. MB for once entered the main hall, then possibly proceeded to the porch area walking down the W hallway of the church, then possibly unlocking the glass door(s) to the porch, then possibly going back and getting her truck ( or truck was already parked under the awning), then starting to unload the gear. Lots of headlights from the truck, noise. There is no way the killer was "surprised". He would have had a choice to lay low and leave. They were there solely for one purpose. 'Bevers entered the building's main hall at 4:18 a.m., Spann said. Bevers was bringing in equipment for her fitness class that was taking place inside the building, Smith said. Bevers had posted on the Camp Gladiator page under the user name Missy Bevers on Sunday night that the 5 a.m. fitness class at the church would not be cancelled because of rain. “Goodnight, all. I have to get up at 3:30 (a.m.) See (you) bright and early,” was the last thing she had written in the comments of that post.' http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160418/NEWS/160419438

Respectfully, you have this comment linked as if that is what the link states. BBM That is not factually a snip from that article & what the article states. from your link http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160418/NEWS/160419438/?Start=1 I say this not trying to be snarky, but because sadly some do not read the links and will think this is what is said in the link and think it is factual. It is not. JMHO

Also, there is no West hallway of the church. West Entrance is the Front of Creekside Church of Christ and the Main hallway goes North (broken metal door side building parking lot) to South side (where MB truck was parked) parking lot side of building) Per SW she was found in SW corner of building. For all we know its just in that SW portion of the building.

I totally get what you're saying, because it looks like someone using round brush to block it out on one of the photos, but it's just the reflection onto the edge of the inset area of the trunk/license plate area. When blown up, you can see it separately. What can also be seen is that it does look like someone possibly tried to block out the license and if they did, it wasn't a precise, pro job. This could also be an artifact of grainy shot removed from video, replicated a few times, shrunk down for web view size in pixels, etc. Digital images can degrade similar to a copy of a copy of a copy of a bad printout of something.

attachment.php
Yes, in some of the photos there are 2 white circles - photo shop style - over the numbers but, in this image the rectangular plate is clearly visible. Hmmmm.

Well thought out pondering. Only thing that immediately came to mind to add is that, in this semi-rural area, a teenager might indeed have access to guns. Dads taking them on hunting trips, family outings to the gun range are not at all uncommon in this part of Texas.

I don't doubt that and I grew up in a neighboring state. I had access to ALL my Dad's guns and I knew how to clean them. I just believe it is LESS likely to be a teenager using a gun.

But all that does add to the difficulty in determining the age and motivation here.

Killing someone by hand requires a lot of adrenaline. A lot of buildup. Emotion. Rage. Desperation."

None of that was apparent in the casual bumbling around of the perp on video. That's what baffles.

You have a good point. But I'm not so sure we'd be able to see these kinds of emotions on surveillance video. Especially if this was planned over a period of time.

As far as the bumbling around, it might look casual to our eyes, but I believe behaviors like fidgeting, snooping, wandering actually indicate nervousness more than nonchalance. No matter what we believe the perp's actual intentions were, or how we view his behavior in the video, he is in the process of committing at least one very serious crime. I guarantee he is at least somewhat nervous, if not very distressed.

I believe he wanted to make it look like a burglary, so there had to be some staging of the scene. Unfortunately for the perp, it looks like he was only thinking about how LE would process the scene itself after the crime, and failed to envision how all that "staging" behavior would appear on video. He stages the scene to look like a botched burglary, but for whatever reason he doesn't consider that later as they process the video, he can be seen just randomly wandering, breaking things, maybe moving items around - in the act of staging the scene. This is where I think the perp was actually not very bright. He didn't realize people would be analyzing his every move on the surveillance footage down to each gesture, and so he didn't put on a performance of a real burglar for the cameras.

I believe the subject in the video is probably pretty mentally exhausted. Maybe from a few days of stress building up to the crime. I believe he is wearing uncomfortable clothes. I am certain he is wearing shoes that make his feet uncomfortable. He's probably only worn them a couple times before the crime, if at all. People say they see what looks like oversizes footwear. I'm convinced he wore new shoes for the occasion (as a part of his costume) so no one could recognize his footwear. He has that ouchy "new shoes walk". He might have even had blisters. Anyway he has gone to a whole lot of trouble with the planning. He is determined to carry it out. No matter how uncomfortable he is, he needs to focus. His behavior looks consistent with contained nervousness to me.

Hope this helps..:) ...SBM images from page 24 post#358...
Thank you! That looks like that driveway edge. Some people think it's nitpicky, but it's these little details that make the whole picture come into focus. (I am one of those that saw a wall at first, and even the bottom of window frames above the wall which are the hash lines in the road.)

IF-------Altima is connected to crime, and IF--------the decal on the bumper is advertising Thrive, is it possible SP was involved in selling this product, and things that had been promised, had not happened? Could SP have blamed Missy for his-her lack of sales?

Just a wild theory I'm throwing out there!!! Thoughts?

IMHO

:floating:

What is Thrive? Is it related to/a product of Camp Gladiator? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal