TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

Since it is not known at this time if a gun was used, ( I am not aware of it anyway), and bringing a bomb sniffing dog to the church

that could possible detect gun residue...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/

I am wondering, if the gun residue could have been on the SwatPerp's "Police" outfit, but a gun was not necessarily used on Missy?

Meaning, if a gun was not used, but if gun residue was detected, I am wondering if it was on the clothing somehow, from a previous

incident, again, meaning that perhaps this was not a costume, but maybe the Real Deal uniform??

Just thoughts.

IMOO.

I like your theory. It makes sense. I tend to not believe BB when he says the SWAT gear is a mish-mash. I don't think the police would divulge their thoughts regarding the uniform being legit to BB. And if it was the real deal, I don't think it would be discarded either.

Campers who found her are absolutely, horrifically, traumatized. I don't know why MPD hasn't released the 911 tapes, and campers are not saying what they saw. They don't exist on any public search warrant. Out of loyalty to my friendship with them, that's all I'll say on that.

I would think the LE told them not to talk about what they saw. <modsnip> I hope that the ones that found her can find peace.

Quick check in before bed and marking my spot - has anything happened that means I should read the last few hundred posts?

SBM ... how do we know they HAVEN'T? We don't...

I would believe the police would have either cleared it so people don't call in ever Altima or it would have already blown the case wide open. Mo

So if the light color car in the gun shop
Parking lot wasn't involved, why hasn't the owner come forward? no matter what I could have been doing wrong in that lot, if I wasn't connected to the murder and the police were looking for my car in connection to it, I'd sure drive it to the station for them to look at to clear myself. I believe this car is 100% connected to the murder. It's just shocking to me that if it was a local, someone doesn't recognize the car and sticker. Someone knows someone with that sticker if it's local. I believe that car was borrowed from someone or is someone from far away. Jmo.
I believe that the police have released some information that is not correct on purpose to keep some people feeling safe that they have gotten away with it. For instance, the height range. Boots and a helmet don't give a range that big. They can estimate the height closer than they are, much closer. I wouldn't be surprised if the killer is actually closer to 6 foot and they are allowing them to tie their own noose.
I believe the police are putting together a thousand piece puzzle and have about 990 of them in place. I believe they are playing dumb to keep certain people talking. Name a suspect or POI and they clam up and take information with them to their grave. I believe there are several people involved and they want to make sure they have it all lined up before they arrest one and the rest go quiet.

I believe when it's all said and done, a lot of us will say "I knew they were involved," we just don't have all the pieces to tie it together yet.

All my opinion here.

How do you know the owner of the Altima hasn't come forward? They haven't said squat the last couple weeks especially.

Just a thought, but if they thought there was any chance Missy had been shot, would they have done gunshot residue testing on the campers at the scene? And if any of the campers got Missy's blood their clothing, I think LE would have asked for that clothing too. Maybe, JMO.

I won't say there's not one. I've looked at it a hundred different ways and some ways, like above, yes, I think I see a strap, and other views, I don't see it, but I am pretty certain that there is a center mounted light on that headgear, I'm just not 100% how it's mounted on there.

Look at this at 1.46 - I see a headlamp of some sort. [video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

I would believe the police would have either cleared it so people don't call in ever Altima or it would have already blown the case wide open. Mo

Yes, like they did with the SWAT perp gait tips. Overwhelming response maybe. I think they are still looking for that car. JMO.

Yes I can. Hopefully.

Just want to start by saying I've worked as a medical and technical illustrator, so I have a thorough knowledge base with regards to anatomy. So in this technique, determining the general body size/shape is basically a tedious process of elimination.

This is a lot of words, so bear with me. A normal human body accumulates mass and volume in predictable or specific ways. For instance, muscles are limited in placement and (somewhat) in size. You will never see a muscle bulging out from the front of the knee and upper shin, for instance. By the same token, you'll rarely see a bulge of fat on the back of the knee (on an otherwise average-sized person). The knee has to bend, so fat rarely accumulates on the interior of joints. So that's the basics. Taking it further, you have to analyze a larger sequence of the video. Isolating one frame can be misleading, but if you study the sequence of video frame by frame, there will occasionally be a frame where the subject turns or moves in a way that allows the costume to either hug a body part, or pull away slightly, revealing a small area of the actual body shape beneath. These are "data points". They become fixed. That means, if one frame shows the fabric hugging the the calf, the calf is now that size, and so now I know that the same subject in every other frame contains a calf that same size, no matter how much fabric appears to conceal it. It can be smaller of course, but not bigger. In other words, the subject won't have an average sized calf in three frames, then grow a bulging calf in all the other frames. For this reason, since the technique is subtractive, the data points containing the smallest diameter of each body part become fixed. The subject's weight and body part size do not fluctuate frame to frame. He is limited to the smallest size determined by the fixed data points from a longer sequence. Additionally, the human body is symmetrical, so where one calf is a fixed size, so becomes the other.

Okay so to address your question and diagram. The area at the upper/outer portion of the thigh is not an area that normally accumulates fat or mass when a person is otherwise of average size. Someone with a massive bulge in that area would likely be either very muscular (or obese) overall. Likewise, the lower back does not typically accumulate so much fat that it bulges out over the buttocks. There are exceptions, of course. But as I stated above with the "data points" thing, there are frames where the back of the vest hugs more closely to the subject, and you can clearly see there is no bulging above the buttocks. The same can be said for the belly fat. Frames in the sequence show very little to no bulge, and in a later sequence of the video show the front bulge to be sitting too high on the torso to be a gut. I concluded it was bulging vest pockets, not a gut. Now, there may be more of a "love handle" silhouette to the sides than I've indicated, but from my anatomical knowledge, it's my opinion they are unlikely to be of any significant size, since there is less fat accumulation in other areas of the body and torso.

So the shorter answer is if you isolate just this one single frame, there could very well be body weight on those areas. But... when you take the video as a whole, frame by frame, and try to make that weight sit on the body in each and every frame, it simply won't work. Because some frames that bulk shifts, moves, or loses volume, and that's not how fat and muscles work. But it is how padding and fabric work.

Hopefully that answered your question. Don't ever hesitate to ask!

Very informative and interesting info to read!
Thank you!!

Just a thought, but if they thought there was any chance Missy had been shot, would they have done gunshot residue testing on the campers at the scene? I just know I got my hands photographed and swabbed once to make sure I had not fired a gun. And if any of the campers got MIssy's blood their clothing, I think LE would have asked for that clothing too. Maybe, JMO.

But Suspect in video was all covered up. Again we do not know what the Suspect looked like last time seen on video ;)

How do you know the owner of the Altima hasn't come forward? They haven't said squat the last couple weeks especially.

They could have. If they have, it would
Imply that the police either have a prime suspect (because having the car and the persons digital records would probably solve the case of they were the killer) OR, they have cleared the Altima and are allowing the public to continue to call in every light color Altima they see anywhere in Texas.

If it was cleared, I wouldn't see any valid reason to keep those calls coming in.

Jmo

Look at this at 1.46 - I see a headlamp of some sort. [video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

And 1.50 you will see a spotlight on the doorjam as SP is leaving the room. Same video.. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with anything... but IMO, this was a light, camera or something.

I think the YouTube is broke. It won't load. I do remember I think I see a reflection of the overhead light on the helmet. I don't see a camera.

Quick check in before bed and marking my spot - has anything happened that means I should read the last few hundred posts?

Not much news, AFAIK, but some interesting comments
and analyses here -- Batbrat's anatomical analysis and animation, for example. JMHO

I think the YouTube is broke. It won't load. I do remember I think I see a reflection of the overhead light on the helmet. I don't see a camera.

Sorry! It's working on my computer. There is definately a spotlight coming from the helmet - whether it's a camera or just a headlight - I couldn't tell you.

I'm still curious if any of the Bevers family had been involved in an auto accident within the last year. Particularly towards the end of December 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yep, sorry I'm skeptical of the killer's size depicted in Batbrat's video. Carry on.

Skepticism is always a good thing. It shows you aren't easily convinced, especially when it goes against what you're seeing. I spent a lot of time explaining how I determined the person's general body shape in pretty thorough detail, so that's about the best I can do for anyone willing to read the explanation.

I am absolutely open to seeing any sort of reasonable explanations or diagrams of how the subject is able to fluctuate dramatically in weight and size in the same video footage. The more minds working on this, the better!

I'm still curious if any of the Bevers family had been involved in an auto accident within the last year. Particularly towards the end of December 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

And now I'm curious about why you would be curious about that. Lawsuit? Insurance money? The Altima has a banged up fender?

Okay. I've always been pretty open but leaned toward the disgruntled female. With a ranked list. But what if it isn't (many on this forum say it's a male, including my wife now.) And I've always been a little skeptical an untrained female could easily take MB down with primarily a hammer. Very risky at best.

Then I saw Batbrat's graphics. Excellent work BTW. And yes, I concur with those that identified the hammer as a framing hammer. A little bit of a specialty, but certainly accessible. Not as likely you'd have one in your garage unless you used it quite a bit. Most likely, you'd have to work in the construction field somewhere.

Then LE lowers the height estimate to 5'7 to 5'2. That definitely moves the range down quite a bit for most males.

And I'm watching the unsub swinging his hammer around like it's an extension of his arm a little bit. Not the most graceful, but certainly not the first time he's swung a hammer. And then I'm picturing this person strike with his hammer to the point of death and finish a human being off. Not everyone would be skilled or strong enough with a hammer, esp since we know some resistance was exerted.

Then I think. Yeah, maybe this is a male. But the height is a little out of the ordinary range for males.. Unless you are Hispanic (average Hispanic living in the US is 5'4.5 - per Fox News - Latino). (Caucasian is 5' 10").

And a hammer might be your tool of choice if you were in the construction industry. You're comfortable enough with it. I've watched framers and the hammer is almost an extension of their arm. And in TX, the construction industry has become dominated by the Hispanic population: Hispanic employment in construction has experienced considerable growth since 1990,increasing from 705,000 to nearly 3 million in 2007 (Chart 1). These numbersmay even be underestimated due to the possibility that sampling techniques mayundercount undocumented and immigrant workers that may be of Hispanic origin. - http://www.elcosh.org/document/1686/d000989/

Then go back to 2012. Arlington, TX. (about 30 miles or so from Midlothian). Strip Club owner Ryan Grant hires two Mexican nationals to go across the US-Mex border and put a hit on Arlington mayor Bob Cluck and Dallas attorney Tom Brandt. $20K. The only thing that stopped the tragedy was the middle man broke down and narc-ed out the plan.

Save for the tip, the chances of making the connection to the perps would have been close to 0. Motive: Cluck and Brandt were working to shut Grant's strip club down (general nuisance - multiple violations.)

Moral of the story: If this is a hit committed by someone outside known circles, putting a finger who could be difficult. Motive is always the driver, but can also be the most elusive. It could be anyone; and we might be here a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321