TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to discuss the podcast? There were some interesting takeaways IMO.

Can church or SWFA tell if someone used their Wi.Fi between 2am (I believe this was when car was seen at SWFA ) and 5am.

Only if they don't have it locked, which they probably do. Jmo

I havent read this anywhere... Not saying it couldn't happen. I may have missed a few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
It could practically be him other than it sounds like he was in jail by the time this happened, but one of his stolen guns could be tied to this
Right? Someone also might have a motive to stage a crime to implicate MPD as well as strike out at fitness community? I'm grasping at straws, I know:

"Authorities also found ammunition and possibly steroids inside of Slaughter’s home. He was taken into custody on April 15 in Cedar Hill. He actually resigned abruptly on March 28, just before the investigation began. Slaughter had been with the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office since October 2001"

Thread 4

From 4-26

For those who listened to the podcast what are your thoughts? Here is what I heard (Pete Schulte's thoughts):

1. Thinks too much information has been released via SW and other official documents
2. Doesn't believe a gun was used at the scene
3. Just because a person is no longer a POI doesn't really mean that they have been fully cleared; some "odd" behavior by at least one POI
4. Believes that SP is a male because he was able to overpower MB, who is strong and fit
5. Does not subscribe to the gun running scheme
6. Thinks the case is at least a few months away from being solved

Am I forgetting anything?

ETA - If a gun was not used, I leans towards a male for the same reasons Schulte mentioned. However, if a gun was used, that more than levels the playing field.

Wasn't there steroids found at one of the officers house as well? Iirc

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, steroids were found and confiscated at Slaughter's mobile home, along with 17 guns. Slaughter was the first deputy arrested, before Missy's murder (case opened April 4, arrested April 15 if memory serves me correctly).

When I heard about the steroids with this deputy's arrest was when motive started coming together for me.

JMO, IMO

I suppose anything is possible.

Honestly, I think there was a gun involved myself. That is my sole opinion, just speculation. I'm basing that asumption on several clues, not just one. I go back and forth on "whodoneit" but I know the truth will come out.

As we heard on NG's program last week, tonight we heard Pete speak again of affairs on both sides of the marriage. Financial problems were also mentioned.

Tricia said all marriages have their problems. I agree.

So...if an investigation was opened against former Deputy Slaughter on April 4 (who was later arrested April 15, with steroids and guns confiscated from his mobile home) -- could that investigation against Slaughter possibly have anything to do Missy's "reserve" in the weeks before her death? Was Slaughter a steroid user or was he a steroid supplier? Was he possibly a supplier to some trainers or their clients at area gyms? Could fallout from his being investigated be the stress that contributed to Missy's avoidance of the gym in April?

I believe so try going to same link ? I know Mods gave someone link to a previous Pod Cast. ETA there is a tab for Episodes so maybe that is where will be http://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

Yes I found it and thanks to everyone who helped me find it!

Excellent podcast. Some really good points were brought up - I agreed with several of them so I admit, I'm biased.

I'm still leaning a gun wasn't used, I'm thinking the one mentioned in the SW may have been Missy's. If she had one it would
have needed to be documented like everything else in her truck. JMO

As we heard on NG's program last week, tonight we heard Pete speak again of affairs on both sides of the marriage. Financial problems were also mentioned.

BBM.

Was this at the very beginning of the program? I completely missed hearing that, but I was folding laundry and doing other chores.

Respectfully BBM... that makes me feel better about reading and understanding the way it was worded. This former LEO, Pros and now Def Attorney says same thing. 5:40 in the pod cast.

BBM.

Was this at the very beginning of the program? I completely missed hearing that, but I was folding laundry and doing other chores.

It's towards the end GA_Peach. Like the last two and a half inches of audio thingy. PS adore your user name. :)

Edit to add, I guess the inches would depend on screen size. Try the last 1/3.

Now I want to go read about the false confession in quad murder in McKinney Texas .. :shame:

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post

It's towards the end GA_Peach. Like the last two and a half inches of audio thingy. PS adore your user name. :)

Edit to add, I guess the inches would depend on screen size. Try the last 1/3.

On the Pod Cast tonight, it was beginning about the 5:40 mark. The end was about different cases. JMHO from listening earlier.

For those who listened to the podcast what are your thoughts? Here is what I heard (Pete Schulte's thoughts):

1. Thinks too much information has been released via SW and other official documents
2. Doesn't believe a gun was used at the scene
3. Just because a person is no longer a POI doesn't really mean that they have been fully cleared; some "odd" behavior by at least one POI
4. Believes that SP is a male because he was able to overpower MB, who is strong and fit
5. Does not subscribe to the gun running scheme
6. Thinks the case is at least a few months away from being solved

Am I forgetting anything?

ETA - If a gun was not used, I leans towards a male for the same reasons Schulte mentioned. However, if a gun was used, that more than levels the playing field.

I agree with all 6 statements. Well, for #6, I think it is more of a few months away from having enough evidence to go to trial rather than being solved.
Honestly, I almost find it hard to believe they don't know who it is. They have extra video (therefore much more detail into mannerisms) and statements from the campers first on the scene. They have read every single word of every single text message or instant message that MB, RB, BB, CT, AT and who knows who else has made in recent months. They have gone over financial records, taken statements from friends, family and co-workers and know the COD. The autopsy report alone likely tells them quite a bit about SPs motive. I would bet they have checked and re-checked the alibi of everyone with even a hint of a motive. The only way I can see that they don't know who it is, is if someone hired a random hitman. In that case, they may know who did the hiring but need time to track that down. You don't have to watch to many episodes of 'the first 48' to see how many cases have video but take several months just waiting on confessions or someone coming forward with concrete evidence. If they don't have a very clear image of the face, they will rarely go to trial until they get more. Episode after episode they can see the perp with no disguise on video actually committing the murder, but if the face is blurry, slightly covered or far away, they wait. It is just too easy for the defense to argue reasonable doubt if you go in and say, well we have no dna and no eye-witnesses, but we have this video where you can see how closely the person resembles the perp on camera. While I have days it feels like this was a perfect crime, I am basing that on nothing more than the perp was covered. Perfect would have been never being on camera. Not leaving a weapon behind. Not committing the murder in a way that shows rage. This wasn't the perfect crime. So, while I don't have a clue who did this, I feel pretty confident LE does.

REMINDER ....:bump: little less than 45 min and Tricia Pod Cast is on

On the next edition of True Crime Radio we welcome former cop and prosecutor Peter Shulte and reporter/author Dawna Kaufmann
We'll discuss the latest in Crimes in the News!
CLICK HERE after 10:30 PM Eastern Thursday to hear the show! http://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

Thanks for the promo. We only have half a show this time due to tech issues but the show is all about Missy's murder.

Dawna Kaufmann will be on next week with some great scoop on several big cases.

Was wondering, are MB's children eligible for SS survivor benefits? I had a friend who lost their father at a young age and SS even helped with college expenses, but that's been a while. Anyone know the latest SS guidelines for death of a parent? tia

Was wondering, are MB's children eligible for SS survivor benefits? I had a friend who lost their father at a young age and SS even helped with college expenses, but that's been a while. Anyone know the latest SS guidelines for death of a parent? tia

If you are working and paying into Social Security, some of the taxes you pay go toward survivors insurance. In fact, if you currently have life insurance, the value of your private policy is probably less than the value of the survivors insurance you have under Social Security.
Your family is protected when you die. Your spouse and children could be eligible for benefits based on your earnings. Planning For Your Survivors explains how you earn benefits and who qualifies for them.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member