TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a big didgeridoo on the landing, which I brought back from Australia a few years ago. If anyone ever gets into my house they are getting knocked right back down the stairs with that!

You go girl!:eek:ddsmiley:

To date , I have not read anywhere but here that Missy had facial wounds.
Does someone have a link to that?

The warrant issued late in the afternoon of April 19 and obtained May 3, states that Bevers "had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest" that "are consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

I have (perhaps, wrongly) assumed all along that SINCE she had chest puncture wounds, she was likely on her back, so while "FACIAL" was not specifically used to describe her head wounds, I can't imagine that she turned herself over to receive facial wounds. I picture that the first blow probably incapacitated her. Sorry for the confusion. As ALWAYS, JMO

RSBM

I should also be clear, I absolutely believe this murder was generally "personal" in nature, whether to SP, someone on the outside who hired him/her, or both. I just don't feel like, for whatever reason the hammer was used, the primary motivation was disfigurement.

Disfigurement of a person who made a tremendous effort over the past year or so improving her body, her strength, and her health. We can only assume, but it seems likely, the physical transformation and professional success gave her a sense (or stronger sense) of empowerment.

So as for the hammer, it is not only a tool - but a symbol - of power and strength. And while I tend to agree that using one as a weapon for murder is more likely about not being able to trace it (particularly here where the SP seems to have taken very thoughtful, methodical measures to avoid any traces; I say "seems" because we may not be privy to what "traces" were left) - I can't overlook that an attack with a hammer is also symbolic: murdered with the "thing" that gave you "life."

PS: My first post. :dance: Have tried a few times only to have the thread closed for review by the time I finished typing. :scared: More thoughts to follow...

SaveSave

Oddly, I found myself nodding to virtually everything PS said on the program. Though I have certainly spent a lot of time working on (and considering) other avenues, I have never "evolved" from my original thoughts on this case. Especially when it comes to the more bizarre theories I've read/heard. I don't really consider PS' particular pov to be a "mind-set", as the hundreds of hours I've spent working on this case and trying to make the small tidbits of evidence we have fit any other way has only strengthened my initial theories, not led me elsewhere.

Would you mind laying out your theory, Batbrat?

Oddly, I found myself nodding to virtually everything PS said on the program. Though I have certainly spent a lot of time working on (and considering) other avenues, I have never "evolved" from my original thoughts on this case. Especially when it comes to the more bizarre theories I've read/heard. I don't really consider PS' particular pov to be a "mind-set", as the hundreds of hours I've spent working on this case and trying to make the small tidbits of evidence we have fit any other way has only strengthened my initial theories, not led me elsewhere.

Point taken- I may have assumed but realistically neither of us really know unless we are PS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a link to where LE said MB was ambushed?

ambush means exactly that, and that is the term LE used.
am·bush
ˈambo͝oSH/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important]

a surprise attack by people lying in wait in a concealed position.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"seven members of a patrol were killed in an ambush"[/COLOR]
    synonyms:surprise attack, trap; archaicambuscade
    "the soldiers were killed in an ambush"

verb
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

make a surprise attack on (someone) from a concealed position.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"they were ambushed and taken prisoner by the enemy"[/COLOR]
    synonyms:attack by surprise, surprise, pounce on, fall upon, lay a trap for, set an ambush for, lie in wait for, waylay, bushwhack; archaicambuscade
    "twenty youths ambushed the patrol car"

[/COLOR]

If you ambush someone I don't think fitness matters too much.
I am a woman of average, maybe less than average fitness. I'm pretty sure if I walked up behind a really really fit person of either gender and hit their head with a hammer as hard as I could*, they'd be out of luck. Wouldn't really matter how much fitter than they were.
The swatperp had a lot of advantages. Their gear was protective, and they were there first. I don't think fitness need factor into this at all.

*Please note I have no desire to do this to anyone, but I think I'm a good example of a unfit to average fit woman.

-Here’s something that never made sense to me. LE said that MB put up a struggle. To me, that means she lost the struggle. And you all guys are talking about theelement of surprise. And about striking quickly and hard. “Ambushing.” But then MB wouldn’t be able to put up astruggle. She’s either predominately incapacitated (and can’t put up a struggle). Or she’s not. And can put up a struggle. You really can’t have your cake and eat it on this one. I’m not sure who’s right.

Ican't even imagine raising my arm to strike anyone so hard that it would killthem - I would have to be either saving myself or saving someone else to haveit in me to hit someone like that. Even then, I don't know if I couldaccomplish the act as I'm not that strong.

FromGA_Peach

This perfectly sums up my feelings on MB's case. The part in bold definitely resonates with me. Unless someone threatenedmy children, I can'teven fathom killing another human. I actually shudder at the mere thought.

My
.thoughts:

-Children. Or Spouse. Hmmm. That’s one of the things that’s resonated with me from the beginning. There's not many people that would cause a reaction like this in some one's life.

-Worried about MB taking the gun and turning it back on perp because she’sstronger. What about taking the hammerand turning it back on me?!? I’ll takethe gunshot in a heartbeat. If U No whatI mean. That’s one of the reasons (thereare several) that I think there is a small caliber gun here.

-Talk of as second SP is reviving. I’m thinkingnot. You quadruple the chances of being caught. LE loves to use two against eachother (they have a lot of negotiating power to make someone talk if there’stwo.) And SP doesn’t seem one to takebad risks.

-OK. Going back to the revenge/hit kill theory. So LE Slaughter and his bosswere busted (pretty bad) for guns and steroids. MB was selling Camp Memberships. (here and in Austin) She was selling “Energy Patches-performance enhancers”. (Which most Dr’s. considerexpensive placebos.) She was doing a lot of selling. It’s not too far of a leap to start sellingother “performance enhancers”. The goodstuff. So good they’re illegal…Steroids. I know my club has signs all over thelocker room trying to keep them out of there. It is an issue in the industry.

Maybe the reason she stopped going to her club, was not so much a who, but a what. And she knew it was going down. Or she made it go down (intentionally or not).

Disfigurement of a person who made a tremendous effort over the past year or so improving her body, her strength, and her health. We can only assume, but it seems likely, the physical transformation and professional success gave her a sense (or stronger sense) of empowerment.

So as for the hammer, it is not only a tool - but a symbol - of power and strength. And while I tend to agree that using one as a weapon for murder is more likely about not being able to trace it (particularly here where the SP seems to have taken very thoughtful, methodical measures to avoid any traces; I say "seems" because we may not be privy to what "traces" were left) - I can't overlook that an attack with a hammer is also symbolic: murdered with the "thing" that gave you "life."

PS: My first post. :dance: Have tried a few times only to have the thread closed for review by the time I finished typing. :scared: More thoughts to follow...

SaveSave
BBM - Glad to have you here!

:welcome::greetings:

Ok this may be waaaaay out there...
But....
Did the church have service the Sunday night before MB was killed? I'm curious to know if there is someone who showed up for service but never left that night?

Could have done damage that morning to the door from the interior...

*DISCLAIMER, THIS IS ONLY A PERSONAL THEORY. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE ANY OF THESE ASSUMPTIONS OR CONNECTIONS ARE FACTUAL*

I have developed a new suspect, who has never been mentioned anywhere as poi. He is a male and he is connected to the Creekside Church. Without naming or pointing to anyone, it is very possible, that this individual was

• either involved in some activity, which MD had discovered (pedophile ?/ homosexual ?)

or

• he had discovered MB in some infidelity possibly happening at the church prior to a morning workout with the camper group. (I am not trying to imply anything, just relating to what LE had mentioned about extramarital affair(s))
The motive therefore could be either fear of detection or scolding MB for her infidelity and a resulting disgrace of the church. I am tending to think possible 'fear of detection' here. Also, this individual had access to church keys and not only knew the layout of the church, when MB would arrive, but he also possibly personally knew her (details on file).

Notice, that a local religious organization belonging to Creekside Church was getting ready for cleaning/ fixing the playground area outside the church and a major cleanup of the interior of the church beginning on Saturday morning, April 16th (playground) and Wednesday, April 20th, inside the church.

The group was organizing their members (incl. my suspect) and had listed to bring the following tools to the church:

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Wheelbarrows (mixing concrete)
Shovels (dirt working tools for drainage swale to creek)
Chainsaw (other tree trimming tools to clear back area for future mowing)
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels
Auger (if anyone has one!!)

It is extremely interesting, that those items were readily available from Saturday the 16th on all the way through Wednesday the 20th. Some of these tools may have been used to murder MB. Also, this may have been a good opportunity to just have access to various tools on Monday early morning.

This would also explain the individual's confidence about the possibly non functional outdoor surveillance cams. He would also be familiar about where and how to get into the church and out again, without getting lost or panicky after the attach.

Sources include the local (church) organization's FB page, the Creekside Church website including the bulletins ( containing further information regarding rooms and #s at the church).

-Nin

-Here’s something that never made sense to me. LE said that MB put up a struggle. To me, that means she lost the struggle. And you all guys are talking about theelement of surprise. And about striking quickly and hard. “Ambushing.” But then MB wouldn’t be able to put up astruggle. She’s either predominately incapacitated (and can’t put up a struggle). Or she’s not. And can put up a struggle. You really can’t have your cake and eat it on this one. I’m not sure who’s right.

I have seen the word struggle used as well, but I can't trace that back to any formal release. I am not sure if LE ever said that or if that portion is just rumor.

*DISCLAIMER, THIS IS ONLY A PERSONAL THEORY. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE ANY OF THESE ASSUMPTIONS OR CONNECTIONS ARE FACTUAL*

I have developed a new suspect, who has never been mentioned anywhere as poi. He is a male and he is connected to the Creekside Church. Without naming or pointing to anyone, it is very possible, that this individual was

• either involved in some activity, which MD had discovered (pedophile ?/ homosexual ?)

or

• he had discovered MB in some infidelity possibly happening at the church prior to a morning workout with the camper group. (I am not trying to imply anything, just relating to what LE had mentioned about extramarital affair(s))
The motive therefore could be either fear of detection or scolding MB for her infidelity and a resulting disgrace of the church. I am tending to think possible 'fear of detection' here. Also, this individual had access to church keys and not only knew the layout of the church, when MB would arrive, but he also possibly personally knew her (details on file).

Notice, that a local religious organization belonging to Creekside Church was getting ready for cleaning/ fixing the playground area outside the church and a major cleanup of the interior of the church beginning on Saturday morning, April 16th (playground) and Wednesday, April 20th, inside the church.

The group was organizing their members (incl. my suspect) and had listed to bring the following tools to the church:

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels

It is extremely interesting, that those items were readily available from Saturday the 16th on all the way through Wednesday the 20th. Some of these tools may have been used to murder MB. Also, this may have been a good opportunity to just have access to various tools on Monday early morning.

This would also explain the individual's confidence about the possibly non functional outdoor surveillance cams. He would also be familiar about where and how to get into the church and out again, without getting lost or panicky after the attach.

Sources include the local (church) organization's FB page, the Creekside Church website including the bulletins ( containing further information regarding rooms and #s at the church).

-Nin

I think any person related to MB who you can show motive for is a viable poi. For the motive, do you have something that leads you to believe this person was involved with some sort of shady activity?

Very interesting on the list of tools they requested to have at the church during that time frame. It could also explain the weird object that randomly appears in SPs left hand at the end of the MPD surveillance video.

Ok this may be waaaaay out there...
But....
Did the church have service the Sunday night before MB was killed? I'm curious to know if there is someone who showed up for service but never left that night?

Could have done damage that morning to the door from the interior...

I don't think that the damage was done from the interior. In this shot of the (reportedly) Kitchen door, the glass is on the inside floor, so it would have had to be broken from the outside:

Creekside Church door.png

The "struggle" description was from the first reports coming about about the crime, IIRC. The first responders noticed broken glass in the building and people then made the assumption the glass was broken in a struggle. However, I think the broken glass they saw was from damage the perp made before Missy arrived, that we have seen in the video.

I'm thinking there was little to no struggle and that Missy was indeed hit by surprise.

JMOpinion, subject to change.

or

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels

-Nin

WOW!!! I think you may be on to something here. Have always thought SP must have inside knowledge of church, cameras, alarms, routes in and out, etc. And now, you have told us why those tools were there. Well done, Nin.

:goodpost:

IMHO

The "struggle" description was from the first reports coming about about the crime, IIRC. The first responders noticed broken glass in the building and people then made the assumption the glass was broken in a struggle. However, I think the broken glass they saw was from damage the perp made before Missy arrived, that we have seen in the video.

I'm thinking there was little to no struggle and that Missy was indeed hit by surprise.

JMOpinion, subject to change.

Snipped By Me...
"EMS workers arrived minutes later and noticed broken glass and other indications of a struggle around the woman's body."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html

Snipped By Me...
"EMS workers arrived minutes later and noticed broken glass and other indications of a struggle around the woman's body."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html

What were the other indications? I think those were early assumptions, before people realized what the perp had been doing before Missy arrived. I think she entered the building and was immediately struck, with no opportunity for a struggle. Jmo, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90