TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(refer to posting # 622)

Therefore,

they are trying to hide the
WHO (did it)
and
WHAT ("Why") of it.

= The person
knew her/can be tied to her,
in some way.
They are tied to her in some way....

LE also said NONE of her friends or family are suspects at this time....

Thinking outside the box and info stated.....who does that leave and tied to her how?

Gym, CG,.....how else tied?

Thinking outside the box and info stated.....who does that leave and tied to her how?

The Linkedin profile?

That's really interesting, thanks for posting the link. I didn't listen to the NG interview as don't want to disturb sleeping husband...but went through the slide show.
Curious to know what BratBat has to say about his observations.

I think most of it is spot on. Everything I've read on the subject pretty much requires that the photogrammetrist have access to the scene and cameras, which we don't have. I did feel part of his analysis seemed contradictory. One of his slides was captioned "no large belly", yet he goes on to point out a person with a large belly is more consistent with the person in the video.

with respect Cannonball - most glass tables, doors and windows are made of tempered glass these days. And..it is quietly getting around just how gruesome the injuries were. Local here.

Maybe glass from bathroom mirror?

Not MSM, German newspaper 19.4.16 (I didn't know before) http://de.sputniknews.com/panorama/...t-gekleideter-ermordet-fitness-trainerin.html Ein Unbekannter in einer Uniform, die der Kleidung von Spezialeinheiten ähnelte und die Aufschrift „Polizei“ auf der Brust und auf dem Rücken hatte, hat die Fitnesstrainerin Terri Leann Bevers vor einer Kirche der Kleinstadt Midlothian, Bundesstaat Texas, getötet, wie der Fernsehsender WFAA berichtete. Die 45-jährige Frau kam am frühen Morgen zu dem Kirchengebäude, um den Fitnessunterricht zu leiten. Sie wurde in dem Moment getötet, als sie ihre Sportausrüstung aus dem Auto holte. Laut den Videoaufzeichnungen war der Mörder eine halbe Stunde zuvor zu der Kirche gekommen. (with Google translation)
Thank you for sharing. That is very interesting to know this story was picked up so far away. It is appalling to decent people everywhere that a young mother is just murdered, and in a church.

My opinion on the size of the person in the video is somewhere in the middle. I love the illustrations, but to me the 'green alien' just seems too skinny. I'm not an expert like some of our posters, but just offering my gut feeling. I wonder if the vest is real or not? I'm guessing not. My gut says short (5'5" or less), average build (not fat, not skinny).

I certainly don't think one has to be any kind of expert to form an opinion. As far as the vest being real or not, if you mean the kind of ballistic vests LE uses, I tend to agree. I think it's a -50 dollar paintball costume. Still a tac vest though - with plenty of bulk.

Maybe glass from bathroom mirror?

I do understand that doors and windows pretty much always are safety glass. Maybe not a glass table, though - could have been homemade or been there for years and years. Who knows.

As for the actual injuries, and I say this with all respect, sometimes local sources are unreliable. There's that game of telephone that happens. So I choose to wait for confirmation from LE on what the scene was like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I see it there are three theories:
1. Someone MB knew personally whether family, friend, co-worker or client. They either did the murder themselves or hired it done.
2. A complete random robbery.
3. Someone who targeted MB without knowing her personally. Could be a customer at a store where she stopped to get a drink on her way to the church, or someone driving along who saw her pull in to the church and planned the hit for days or weeks later.

I think most of it is spot on. Everything I've read on the subject pretty much requires that the photogrammetrist have access to the scene and cameras, which we don't have. I did feel part of his analysis seemed contradictory. One of his slides was captioned "no large belly", yet he goes on to point out a person with a large belly is more consistent with the person in the video.
This still from the video shows how the front of the vest sticks out from the SP's body. Notably at the vest front bottom edge which looks squared into the body, and no "large" belly but rather a medium to lean SP.

Attachments

• missy.bevers1.35829orig.jpg
    missy.bevers1.35829orig.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 75
1. Someone MB knew personally whether family, friend, co-worker or client. They either did the murder themselves or hired it done.
3. Someone who targeted MB without knowing her personally. Could be a customer at a store where she stopped to get a drink on her way to the church, or someone driving along who saw her pull in to the church and planned the hit for days or weeks later.

Although I am a proponent of theory #1, I think that there is a fourth option. MB could have become aware of illegal doings and was prepared to come forward. She may or may not have have personally known the people involved in the illegal activity. Those involved felt the need to silence MB.

I don't subscribe to theory #2, and if that turns out to be the case, I will be the first to admit that I was 100% wrong.

I do understand that doors and windows pretty much always are safety glass. Maybe not a glass table, though - could have been homemade or been there for years and years. Who knows.

As for the actual injuries, and I say this with all respect, sometimes local sources are unreliable. There's that game of telephone that happens. So I choose to wait for confirmation from LE on what the scene was like.

Do you mean in commercial/institutional installations Cannonball? That's interesting. I was unaware of that.

After more than 2 months we have no profiling of the perp, AFAIK. LE/FBI seem to find it not helpful and necessary ..... :thinking:

I would imagine that someone in the FBI has come up with a: (possible) "profile", in regard to this case. [FBI is known for, doing a "profile", in cases.]
But that, they just haven't released their "profile", to the public.

Do you mean in commercial/institutional installations Cannonball? That's interesting. I was unaware of that.

Commercial and residential, nearly every glass window and door that is recently or currently installed is safety glass. Just like your car windshield - it's so much better as public policy to have glass shatter into tiny, relatively harmless bits instead of huge, jagged pieces that could cause gruesome injury or death.

My only question with this church is if the glass tables were safety glass as well. You would think that with small children being around, they would be. But if the tables have been there a very long time, maybe not.

I think #3 is way too illogical, because
a there's nothing realistic in "I saw her, so I decided I would kill her"
b the random observer who crossed her path would have no way to know her name, her schedule, etc that put her at that place at that day and time
c it would require that random observer not only somehow guessing her schedule, but also putting together a costume, getting up in the middle of the night, braving bad weather, and doing it all for nothing

Taken together, I think the odds become so extreme that we can rule that one out. And therefore if there's a randomness to this, it has to flow from the setting (ie the perp happened to be there for another reason, and MB wandered along, wrong place wrong time).

Agree fully.

From my understanding of the awesome maps/layouts it appears all hallways except the main entrance to side awning entrance had damage is that correct?

I wonder if SP did in fact use a gun to ensure she would die but then covered up and used the "tools" wounds to yet again attempt to fool LE into thinking burglary gone wrong.

How did they know she wouldn't survive?

(1.) I do not know all of the details in regard to all of the damage.
But, knowing what I do (aware of what this person did), logical deduction would be: there was some (burglary "type") damage done.
(Person may have done, too much. i.e.: Went somewhat "overboard" with it.)

(2.) I don't know.

(3.) Surely, this person made sure she was dead, before they left.

Commercial and residential, nearly every glass window and door that is recently or currently installed is safety glass. Just like your car windshield - it's so much better as public policy to have glass shatter into tiny, relatively harmless bits instead of huge, jagged pieces that could cause gruesome injury or death.

My only question with this church is if the glass tables were safety glass as well. You would think that with small children being around, they would be. But if the tables have been there a very long time, maybe not.

How long has that been code for residential? Because I live in a new neighborhood. The attached wall mirrors installed just a few years ago (then subsequently demoed) were definitely not safety glass. Nor the double paned windows. All break into very large shards. Is this very recent code changes?

(3.) Surely, this person made sure she was dead, before they left.

It's common knowledge that "overkills" indicate the crime is personal. That's usually believed to be due to the level of emotions involved. But some criminal psychologists are now coming to believe that the overkill/personal link is the result of assuring the victim cannot survive to identify his or her attacker.

Sadly, we still know nothing. I trust LE does. I trust their experts and hard work. They have sooo much more information than we could ever know.

Patiently waiting for an arrest or ANY news about this case.

I think #3 is way too illogical, because
a there's nothing realistic in "I saw her, so I decided I would kill her"
b the random observer who crossed her path would have no way to know her name, her schedule, etc that puts her at the church that day
c it would require that random observer putting together a costume, getting up in the middle of the night, braving bad weather, and doing it all for nothing

Taken together, I think the odds become so extreme that we can rule that one out. And therefore if there's a randomness to this, it has to flow from the setting (ie the perp happened to be there for another reason, and MB wandered along, wrong place wrong time).

It's not my leading theory (robbery is), but it's my backup. Let me speak to your points, because you seem to be thinking random observer while the way this would make sense would be if the person is a serial killer:

(A) I saw her, so I decided I would kill her... Pretty much every murder of a stranger happens similarly. One scenario I've mentioned before: she stops in to an all night store between home and the church, chats with the cashier about her CG class, and a customer overhears. He either got enough info that way or else he follows her at a distance to see where she goes.

(B) the observer begins to stalk MB in order to find out those things you mentioned. He was a random observer at the beginning of (A), but the crossing of paths stops being random once he starts stalking.

(C) this person, after stalking, is going to take precautions. He will know there are cameras, hence the suit. He will know police don't patrol as often in the rain, so he may have chosen that night purposely. And he isn't doing it "all for nothing" - he's getting the thrill of the kill.

With all that said, like you, I subscribe to Occam's Razor. I think it was a botched robbery. There are probably 100 serial killers active in the US right now which would make it unlikely that one of those 100 happens to be MB's killer. Still, there ARE 100, and they are out there stalking and killing someone. And the longer police are stymied, I think the less likely it will be that it was someone she knew, and the more likely it will be that it was a stranger, either via robbery or thrill kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member