TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also possible that the same key would unlock any and every exterior door. So the only definitive way to know where she entered would be to have been there (seeing what door was unlocked).

In conjunction with my belief that the class was held at the exterior SW corner and that the restrooms were there as well, I think she simply unlocked/entered those SW doors that week (and every time).

I agree with this although I have never taken one of these classes. Someone here said sometimes ice is provided. That would be the exception, and we simply don't know...I'm with you, though and don't believe she made it very far into the church. That's how the crime scene was able to be released so quickly, imho.

To me that just adds unnecessary complexity (which makes it less likely), since we have no evidence that doors were jammed, that MB entered elsewhere, or that the perp had any real reason to want her to enter elsewhere.

You may be right. Frankly, though, with the scarcity of evidence that we do know about, all we can do is to postulate or speculate what other evidence might eventually be revealed. There is more evidence of what went on. What?

The main door of my house is the front door, but nobody ever uses it. The "main" door we all use is the door that leads out to the garage. It's a semantics issue, imho

That church building probably has at least a half dozen entry doors. Only one is the main door.

I will have to go back and find it. It is best to read all threads from the beginning. All facts that are known, have been clarified here on WS early on with multiple links to every available interview, or press conference. Things seem to get tangled as many here are reading opinion for fact and then there are many following pages of back and forth by those who are uninformed. If you have been following elswhere on the web, it is very lilkey that much of the information you have is rumor, or has been skewed as fact, as I have noticed in just a few other places that the conversation is nothing more than wild speculation based on absolutly nothing. Also, the ones I looked at didn't seem to be moderated at all. Many people spouting "I heard, etc.". I have seen latley that some of that has spilled into WS. I think mostly because after weeks of the same converstaion, people are looking around for new information. I would suggest not bringing things that have no basis in truth here but rather go back and follow all threads from the beginning and maybe jot some notes on what has been established and what has not.

I will have to go back and find it. It is best to read all threads from the beginning. All facts that are known, have been clarified here on WS early on with multiple links to every available interview, or press conference. Things seem to get tangled as many here are reading opinion for fact and then there are many following pages of back and forth by those who are uninformed. If you have been following elswhere on the web, it is very lilkey that much of the information you have is rumor, or has been skewed as fact, as I have noticed in just a few other places that the conversation is nothing more than wild speculation based on absolutly nothing. Also, the ones I looked at didn't seem to be moderated at all. Many people spouting "I heard, etc.". I have seen latley that some of that has spilled into WS. I think mostly because after weeks of the same converstaion, people are looking around for new information. I would suggest not bringing things that have no basis in truth here but rather go back and follow all threads from the beginning and maybe jot some notes on what has been established and what has not.

Please forgive me in advance as this was not intended to be rude. It's just that all this has been covered at length. I'm also not discouraging anyones personal speculation on what may have happened, but some of you are rehashing known, and verified facts, of witch we don't have many, so I think it is important to get up to speed. Then consentrate on any actual new information and theory.

attachment.php
this is an image I got here from WS, I am by no means a pro etc at photo manipulation etc... I adjusted the exposure, sharpness etc. Does one eye appear to "Odd", if yes, could SP have a fake eye, and eye injury, maybe at some point suffer from a stroke (Maybe that would explain odd SP walk?) Just my thoughts and opinions.

Tks for the potentially useful enhanced pic of SP's eyes. Speculation about a possible eye injury/problem is a valid consideration, IMO - for 3 reasons:
1) SP touching the wall as they go down the hall, could indicate a visual deficit. In either eye actually, but most likely the right eye (wall is on the right). But also if the left eye is damaged or blind, then loss of depth perception or inability to gauge distance to the wall using only one eye is very possibly an issue for SP
2) the apparent moments of disorientation at the door by the bulletin board. Seems to me it is a visual problem in addition to lack of coordination.
3) the brief moment of apparent confusion at the dutch door, especially when opening the upper segment, SP has to quickly move their own head/helmet out of the way.

ETA. If I am accurate in what I've observed from the video, then I would also tend to believe the the visual deficit(s) are relatively recent. Persons who have been dealing with long-term vision loss, generally find ways to compensate for it in the least awkward way possible. again, JMO

all JMO

Throw onto that:
-It’s a cheery, bouncy fitness instructor
-Who sat in church with her husband of 20 years and threechildren every Sunday.
-That had literally thousands of friends (see FB)
WHO WAS
-Ambushed at a fitness session at 4 in the morning in achurch
-And beaten to death with a tool (hammer?) in the head andchest beyond recognition or the possibility of life on April 18.
And those that have studied the case have presented no lessthan 14 viable potential suspects, most pretty specific, all with motive. Hitman, Burglar, Vandal/Kid, BB, RB, VB, CT,CW, MT, WH, WH-Fam, LE, FF, CG,
Yes, I think this case is unusual.
I think I may have made maybe 2 or 3 people in my life angry enough at me that they would do this to me. Not in one day but over the course of my life. How about you? How many of you would immediately have 14 potential suspects if they found you like this?
Thanks for you input. Really makes you realize just how unusual and horrific this case is. I didn't know about the first few details you provided. So utterly sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"1) she just came back from an out of town trip." Not sure of your point here. She had to be in Midlothian to be murdered in Midlothian. I don't see how her whereabouts a day or two beforehand have relevance to what happened on Monday morning when she was back to her normal schedule - unless it can be shown that something unusual happened on the out of town trip, which hasn't been the case.

"2) it was (IIRC) going to be the last class at the church," Don't recall seeing anything that would indicate MB was moving the class. I'd like to see a link if that's the case. And if true, one would assume that she would still be having a 5 am class somewhere... and it would have been likely to be somewhere outside just like before, and she would go to that location at 4:15 just like at Creekside, so if perp was targeting Missy, wouldn't he have the same opportunity at a new location that he had at the old one?

"3) her husband was out of town (though I'm not implying he was involved)" With nothing to indicate that BB ever attended these classes with MB, does it really matter whether he was out of state or whether he was in his house?

4) it was later in the morning than most burglaries occur (statistically) I don't agree. The perp is first seen on camera at 3:50 am. We don't know how long he had been there before that time. No cameras in the kitchen area which is closest to point of entry. Perp could have spent an indeterminate amount of time in that area looking around or snacking. There is nothing statistically out of whack about a B&E in the timeframe of 2 to 4 am.

"5) SP was right where MB was walking toward to, I presume, open the other door" Assumes facts not in evidence. There is so little we know about exactly how the two encountered one another. We can speculate but we know nothing definitive other than "SW corner of the interior of the building".

"6) we don't see that many break-ins with a perp wearing this level of costume--so hiding any identifying information was a high priority (and do you think a perp would go to this level for just a minor church burglary?)" I do concur that this level of costume is unusual. But LE has noted in their pressers that the level of video detail is not sufficient enough to draw very many conclusions about the outfit. We don't know how hard or how easy it was for the perp to come up with the outfit. We don't know whether it was ordered as a complete set online, or whether it was cobbled together piecemeal. We don't know if it's paintball gear, or a Halloween costume, or legit LE tactical gear. That makes it difficult to conclude much without having answers to some of those questions. But you're right, it isn't every day that someone in tactical-type gear is caught on video wandering through a church breaking stuff. It's one element that supports my #2 theory, that MB may have been targeted, but targeted by a stranger and not someone she knows. ETA: as for the last part of your statement about "minor church burglary" - we do again have to consider the fact that it could have been a B&E to raid the kitchen, or vandalize, etc. Theft might have been a secondary motivation or no motivation at all.

"7) she had just received a "creepy" message through a social media site." With no further information about this other than what was in the SW, all we can do is speculate. How "creepy" was it, as sometimes creepy is in the eye of the beholder? What if it was just some spam junkmail message that wasn't even specific to MB? What if it was a "wrong number" where it went to her by mistake? I'm reminded of the former Eagle Randy Meisner, whose wife's death this spring in a freak accident was preceded by a creepy text message she had gotten in the days prior to her death. Police found no connection.

Perhaps you see it as unfair to speculate, but IIRC, that's kind of the point about Websleuths. You sound like a defense attorney, where do you practice? When I have more time, I'll address each one of your counterpoints.

Apparently I have a few minutes before I head out for the evening to respond.
1) There are some who do believe that the out of town trip is related to the murder. I don't know if it is, but the fact that the murder happened on this particular Monday after a trip where MB was traveling with a male colleague is, IMO, relevant. You might be familiar with the term "totality of the circumstances." I look at these individual points as part of a whole, not definitive proof of anything standing alone.
2) Yes, I thought the class would be moving based on the later post you referred to. If that had been the case, it would have contributed to my argument that it is a little too coincidental.
3) If it was well known that BB would be out of the town, the murderer might have multiple reasons to pick that time to hurt Missy: a) to divert suspicion onto--or away from--the husband, b) to eliminate any possibility that BB might accompany her (if it's true that BB was telling members of his family that he was worried about MB), c) etc.
4) I have chatted with other attorneys, family members who are locals, and two retired LEOs about burglary at such a time, and the consensus was that 3-4pm was unusual for the area, and (for those with professional experience) unusual in general. You are welcome to disagree.
5) I think can easily be inferred from the information provided already that she was opening the main door to walk around to open the covered door (which was in the SW area). In fact, it's not really an inference because the press conference and search warrants indicate that she headed toward where SP was last seen. So yes, I stand by the idea that it is too coincidental that, in the entire building, SP happened to be where she was walking toward when she was walking that way.
6) I trust Batbrat's research that the jacket, at least, could be purchased on Ebay/online, and I think it's a fair inference that someone would not wear this outfit to burglarize and steal from a church. There are so many ways that SP could've concealed his identity without all of that trouble.
7) Again, you're welcome to think that the message is a coincidence, but as someone who has worked on stalking cases and protective orders, if someone is attacked after receiving such a message, which her friend obviously thought was scary enough to report to LE, it is entirely possible that they are related.

attachment.php
this is an image I got here from WS, I am by no means a pro etc at photo manipulation etc... I adjusted the exposure, sharpness etc. Does one eye appear to "Odd", if yes, could SP have a fake eye, and eye injury, maybe at some point suffer from a stroke (Maybe that would explain odd SP walk?) Just my thoughts and opinions.

it looks like an albino ferret

Perhaps you see it as unfair to speculate, but IIRC, that's kind of the point about Websleuths. You sound like a defense attorney, where do you practice? When I have more time, I'll address each one of your counterpoints.

Apparently I have a few minutes before I head out for the evening to respond.
1) There are some who do believe that the out of town trip is related to the murder. I don't know if it is, but the fact that the murder happened on this particular Monday after a trip where MB was traveling with a male colleague is, IMO, relevant. You might be familiar with the term "totality of the circumstances." I look at these individual points as part of a whole, not definitive proof of anything standing alone.
2) Yes, I thought the class would be moving based on the later post you referred to. If that had been the case, it would have contributed to my argument that it is a little too coincidental.
3) If it was well known that BB would be out of the town, the murderer might have multiple reasons to pick that time to hurt Missy: a) to divert suspicion onto--or away from--the husband, b) to eliminate any possibility that BB might accompany her (if it's true that BB was telling members of his family that he was worried about MB), c) etc.
4) I have chatted with other attorneys, family members who are locals, and two retired LEOs about burglary at such a time, and the consensus was that 3-4pm was unusual for the area, and (for those with professional experience) unusual in general. You are welcome to disagree.
5) I think can easily be inferred from the information provided already that she was opening the main door to walk around to open the covered door (which was in the SW area). In fact, it's not really an inference because the press conference and search warrants indicate that she headed toward where SP was last seen. So yes, I stand by the idea that it is too coincidental that, in the entire building, SP happened to be where she was walking toward when she was walking that way.
6) I trust Batbrat's research that the jacket, at least, could be purchased on Ebay/online, and I think it's a fair inference that someone would not wear this outfit to burglarize and steal from a church. There are so many ways that SP could've concealed his identity without all of that trouble.
7) Again, you're welcome to think that the message is a coincidence, but as someone who has worked on stalking cases and protective orders, if someone is attacked after receiving such a message, which her friend obviously thought was scary enough to report to LE, it is entirely possible that they are related.

Quote BBM:

It was 3-4am.

-Nin

To verbonica, cfreyja, chuckj, camerabug, and others who mentioned this issue:

It needs to be noted that the SW does NOT say that MB entered through the "main doors" of the church, and in context it's a bit hazy exactly where their wording is pointing to. Personally, I think they are indicating the SW corner, but as I've noted earlier in this thread, there's a lack of clarity that could only be resolved by having been there, or by asking LE or someone who was there.

The SW wording by LE said this: "At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area." [bold added]

To know the location indicated, you would first have to ascertain what the "awning area" is, before deciding on its main door. But given that the SW corner has both the best awning for rain and that the class apparently was going to be conducted in that exterior location, I believe the indication is the SW corner. But there's certainly fuzziness.

To verbonica, cfreyja, and others who mentioned this issue:

It needs to be noted that the SW does NOT say that MB entered through the "main doors" of the church, and in context it's a bit hazy exactly where their wording is pointing to. Personally, I think they are indicating the SW corner, but as I've noted earlier in this thread, there's a lack of clarity that could only be resolved by having been there, or by asking LE or someone who was there.

The SW wording by LE said this: "At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area." [bold added]

To know the location indicated, you would first have to ascertain what the "awning area" is, before deciding on its main door. But given that the SW corner has both the best awning for rain and that the class apparently was going to be conducted in that exterior location, I believe the indication is the SW corner. But there's certainly fuzziness.

There's only one awning on the building. It's not a fuzzy one from what I can tell.

There's only one awning on the building. It's not a fuzzy one from what I can tell.

I didn't say the awning was fuzzy, only the wording LOL. I do agree, my personal opinion, that the SW area is what is intended to be indicated. But I have to admit that what many would call the "main" entrance of the church does have a sizable covered entrance that protrudes, which might be considered an "awning" by some, and therefore somewhat obfuscate the intended meaning of "awning area" and "main door under the awning area" in the SW.

Paragraph extracted for space.

Wow. How did I miss this? Never saw the "main door under the awning area" before!
Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that the term "main door" implies one door at the front of a building architecturally, that's where the fuzziness lies. It is a semantic issue when the main front doors of a church building are on one side (W) and the "awning" doors on another (SW)... And yet both terms are put together in one sentence by LE as the point of entry.

Close ups taken from a video:

<RSBM>

And not so close (from earlier threads, sorry, can't remember the poster!):

attachment.php

Aerial view (by Arkansasmimi):

attachment.php

I see two awning areas:
1) over the doors on the west side of the building
2) over the doors near the SW corner

In that the term "main door" implies one door at the front of a building architecturally, that's where the fuzziness lies. It is a semantic issue when the main front doors of a church building are on one side (W) and the "awning" doors on another (SW)... And yet both terms are put together in one sentence by LE as the point of entry.

Exactly! The main door of the church is in the front, not side. That is a very interesting statement by LE.
Can't believe I missed that.

Exactly! The main door of the church is in the front, not side. That is a very interesting statement by LE.

I feel as if I am missing something. Why would the overhang in the front of the church (west side) not be considered an awning?

I see two awning areas:
1) over the doors on the west side of the building
2) over the doors near the SW corner

I feel as if I am missing something. Why would the overhang in the front of the church (west side) not be considered an awning?

Yes, and this is the ambiguity. Personally, I see the main door as the one on the west side of the building (these are also referred to as the main entrance on the church's website). It, too, has a roof overhang. But since Missy has referred to the SW drive-through area as the doors with the "awning," the meaning of the SW phrase "main doors with the awning" is ambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV