TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the perpetrator was someone on one of the warrants (meaning someone who's been investigated by MPD), the investigation would have turned up some evidence by now linking that person to the crime. I'm not saying they should already have enough evidence to arrest, try, and convict. However, there would be some indication that they have narrowed their focus on a particular person regardless of whether they choose to call that person a suspect, a person of interest, some other ambiguous term, or nothing at all. Even without a label, we'd have some idea of who they're focusing on. The fact that there is no such indication says to me that the perpetrator is not on the list to which so many here have limited their thinking.

I don't know why LE would tip their hand. Until they have enough evidence to arrest, try, and convict, I think that we will continue to be in the dark about where they are focusing their investigation. They don't want to give their POI any opportunity to destroy evidence or flee.

Having said that, it is quite possible that SP is not listed on one of the original SWs.

I know that many don't agree with my assessment, but I think in their last presser LE alluded to where they were focusing their investigation. JMO

Why wouldn't a woman know where to put tools? I grew up with woman carpenters, sculptors, artists and mechanics and they sure know how to use tools.

I'm right there with you. There are a whole lot of Texan women I know who are very comfortable with tools.

I'm right there with you. There are a whole lot of Texan women I know who are very comfortable with tools.

You betcha...heck I'm in my 60's and I still have/use my trusty toolbox. I have to fix things around my house all the time, assemble toys for the grandkids, etc.

edited to add -- funny story

couple weeks ago I spent about 3 hours assembling a toy kitchen/doll nursery for one of my granddaughters - it had so many parts/pieces/screws I thought I'd go crazy. Finally got that sucker together and what does my granddaughter do? She wants to play instead inside the big box it came in. lol

Oh, thank god it wasn't Nancy Grace, or no one would've been able to get a word in.
To continue where you started, KS also said (paraphrasing) that when she first heard about the murder, she thought it might be related to another affair because “It certainly looked targeted.” And at first, she thought it was a woman, but started to think it's a man based on "manly" characteristics like knowing where to put the tools in their vest, almost as if they've done this before.

She said it’s “absolutely gut wrenching” knowing that person hasn’t been caught.
Also, “a little scary” knowing that the person is still out there.

Retired FBI agent Steve Moore said the time and situation "screams targeting."
Bradford Cohen, attorney, thinks it's a woman who is waddling because the shoes are too big, and she knew exactly where the cameras were.

ETA: what is in quotes is an actual quote, everything else is paraphrasing.

I didn't hear the interview. Would mind clarifying something for me? It was mentioned in one of the above posts that KS said she knew about one affair from about 1.5 years ago. When she originally thought that MB was targeted because of an affair, was this a different affair with a different person?

Also, if KS was aware of an affair, I am surprised that MT was still in the dark. MB's behavior seemed to be news to MT. She said something to the effect that MB's behavior knocked her down a bit.

You betcha...heck I'm in my 60's and I still have/use my trusty toolbox. I have to fix things around my house all the time, assemble toys for the grandkids, etc.

me too. I don't think we can write off a female that easily. If the height is 5'2 - 5'8 even more reason to leave female possibly as a suspect.

So LE has never ruled out 2 perps in the church ?

I didn't hear the interview. Would mind clarifying something for me? It was mentioned in one of the above posts that KS said she knew about one affair from about 1.5 years ago. When she originally thought that MB was targeted because of an affair, was this a different affair with a different person?

Also, if KS was aware of an affair, I am surprised that MT was still in the dark. MB's behavior seemed to be news to MT. She said something to the effect that MB's behavior knocked her down a bit.

I wasn't able to record, but I'm on the same channel. I'm going to see if I can rewind that far and type it out for you.

Wow! You guys are amazing with your sleuthing skills. I haven't had the opportunity to read all the way through this and maybe someone's already mentioned this, but this person's gait reminds me of someone who has had a prior hip injury, maybe a replacement.

I've been randomly following along, but that video breakdown reminded me of a guy around where I live. I don't think he's a suspect, just his gait is very specific. I'm not sure what the medical condition is called but one of his shoes is built up a good 4 inches. And the shorter leg does turn at an odd angle. His gait is almost identical to the the SP.

Sorry if this has been brought up, I've missed a lot of posts.

I don't know why LE would tip their hand. Until they have enough evidence to arrest, try, and convict, I think that we will continue to be in the dark about where they are focusing their investigation. They don't want to give their POI any opportunity to destroy evidence or flee.

Having said that, it is quite possible that SP is not listed on one of the original SWs.

I know that many don't agree with my assessment, but I think in their last presser LE alluded to where they were focusing their investigation. JMO

Where?

I'm not surprised MT didn't know about the affair. I know intimate things about my siblings that I know my parents didn't know.

example I knew of an impending divorce 6 months before it was filed surprised the hell out of everyone.

Here's what I typed of only the part where KS is interviewed:

Host (Lisa Blum): Missy's family wants answers. Joining us by phone, a very special guest, Missy's (says Misty) sister-in-law, [KS]. Kristi, thank you so much for joining us, and our condolences to you. It's been almost three months since Missy's murder and there's still no suspects even though there is that video tape. So, what's going through your head at this point?

KS: Well, it's um, complete frustration, and um it's just absolutely gut-wrenching to know that they haven't found anyone yet, and um that no one's been held responsible. And it's also a little scary knowing that someone's out there that did this, and um, you know, they're still on the loose.

Host: So as we look at this video--I'm sure you've probably watched it a hundred times--you know, people might think this is police coming in to check out the murder, but in fact this may very well be the killer, it's a person dressed in that black tactical gear, head to toe. You can't tell if that's male or female. Some people have speculated that the gait looks like the way a woman walks. What are your thoughts on that?

KS: When I first, um, saw the footage, it--initially I thought it was a woman, when you very first, um, see them turn that corner. Um, they have this kind of waddle or sway, like a woman, um. But then, you know, as time went on and I watched more of the video, there's certain, um, I don't know, moves or things that they do that may look a little bit more masculine. And, um, like putting a certain tool in their vest when they're trying to um tap open the door. It just looks--something about it looks manly. Um just kinda knowing where to put the tool in the vest, like they've done this before almost.

Host: [goes to Steve Moore-Retired FBI, they talk about the gear and why someone would wear it, and why he believes she was targeted]

Host: Kristi, police reports are saying that Missy may have had an affair. Did you know anything about that?

Kristi: I knew of one um that happened about a year and a half ago. Um, that was the only one that I knew of. And um you know when this thing first happened, that um was the first thing that went through my mind was--you know--was, did this have anything to do with--with an affair, that she may have had another one, you know, cause what a lot of people thought, you know, it (clears throat) it certainly looked targeted and could an affair play a part in this?

{End quote}
(Sorry, not a lot of time tonight to transcribe the rest)

I'm not surprised MT didn't know about the affair. I know intimate things about my siblings that I know my parents didn't know.

example I knew of an impending divorce 6 months before it was filed surprised the hell out of everyone.

We parents of adult children many times are the last to learn of "bad" happenings in our children's life. They don't want us to be upset or troubled by what is going on. I have to be honest, this is especially true with boys. All my friends throughout life have had boys, including me.

Classy. Discuss not only past relationship but also thoughts of another one on national TV. This behavior is in direct conflict with support, concern and sensitivity for children. In my opinion, this is very disturbing.

Here's a twitter tease for the program.

[video=twitter;750840499037048833]https://twitter.com/DrDrewHLN/status/750840499037048833[/video]

One more:

[video=twitter;750837754007736320]https://twitter.com/DrDrewHLN/status/750837754007736320[/video]

It's unclear to me how long KS has known about the affair she states happened a year and a half ago. I wonder when she found out? During the affair? After MB's murder? Sometime in between

I see lean (as in no paunch) and relatively short...since the beginning I've never seen him as tall. I've pegged him in the 5'6" to 5'8" range from looking at the doors and placement of door handles and fire box in the videos. Not only short, but short due to relatively short legs for the length of back or torso in some of those video snippets. So all told, more like someone who is flat-chested, long-waisted, short-legged, wiry in build (legs look possibly muscular in some of those shots), strong (considering the jimmied door hardware), and (IMO) probably male, putting those traits together.

JMO.

Hmm, didn't think about the door handle,that is soo totally a guy thing to do!! And not a young guy, someone probably 50+

It's in the third or fourth paragraph of the May 20 presser; it's the paragraph where LE talks about the differences between POIs and suspects. Nin copied the relevant section in the last thread (and it may have been reposted in this thread). I hope that this helps.

Tone can be hard to convey in words so if this next part sounds coy or snarky, I apologize in advance. It's not meant that way. I have addressed my thoughts on what LE said in that paragraph in a few different threads, and I don't want to sound like a broken record. I will see if I can find my original post on the subject because that one was the most detailed. However, I know that my interpretation is not shared by everyone, and since LE is not going to clarify what they said/meant, we will have to wait for an arrest. As I said to Nin in the last thread, I will move on and let LE's words speak for themselves. I don't want to risk derailing this thread with pages of differing interpretations, especially when there is no way we can resolve the issue.

We parents of adult children many times are the last to learn of "bad" happenings in our children's life. They don't want us to be upset or troubled by what is going on. I have to be honest, this is especially true with boys. All my friends throughout life have had boys, including me.

Point taken.

Right click on the link. Left click on 'Open in New Tab'. You'll stay logged in on one tab and you can just close the newly opened tab with the article or video.

Thank you Tenacious 😄
I'm mostly on my iPhone and by the time it opens up on the link in Google for example, and I get back to respond, it logs me out lol crazy thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal