TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, especially in this particular photo provided by Sandy. If you notice the light on the flooring- it appears flat vs. grooved if you look at the reflection off the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back on 5/10, post 113, ahintexas says the tile looks like stained concrete. In post 143, also on 5/10, Midlo local glammie says it is real tile. (Sorry no thread number. I'm traveling and having trouble.)

Oh, thank god it wasn't Nancy Grace, or no one would've been able to get a word in.
To continue where you started, KS also said (paraphrasing) that when she first heard about the murder, she thought it might be related to another affair because “It certainly looked targeted.” And at first, she thought it was a woman, but started to think it's a man based on "manly" characteristics like knowing where to put the tools in their vest, almost as if they've done this before.

She said it’s “absolutely gut wrenching” knowing that person hasn’t been caught.
Also, “a little scary” knowing that the person is still out there.

Retired FBI agent Steve Moore said the time and situation "screams targeting."
Bradford Cohen, attorney, thinks it's a woman who is waddling because the shoes are too big, and she knew exactly where the cameras were.

ETA: what is in quotes is an actual quote, everything else is paraphrasing. I tried to record it but couldn't find the right remote in time.

is Steve Moore FBI-retired on this case or was he just a guest on the show?

I have often wondered if it was possible the SP shot and missed and a bullet broke through glass. The dog is trained to find bullets and shell casings. But was any glass broken in the vestibule? And LE stated she entered the building and proceeded to walk toward where the SP was located, there was a struggle and her body was found there in the SW corner. I always took that to mean there were moments between the initial attack and her death (perhaps she even ran toward those doors).
I would like to know what the story is on the gun's serial number. Was that just noted on SW from searching the home and the RV? Or was a gun found at the scene?

You can review the whole bit about the gun and serial number in Thread 26, about 10-15 pages of discussion starting about p2. Cannonball had requested info whch led to his getting access to a document showing a firearm serial number was involved. Specifically, it was MPD's letter to the TX Atty General seeking to deny NBC's FOI request for 911 records, SW's, incident report, and other documents.

They (MPD) wrote: "In this instance, the responsive information contains a serial # of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108 (b) (1). ..."

There also was the Today Show episode that first week announcing that "the Feds" had joined the investigation, and remarking about area gun store(s) being contacted regarding a recent gun purchase:

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-today-s...tigation-of-texas-fitness-instructor-3375069/

(Thinking we may see the burglary theory posted here in about 10 minutes...)

You can review the whole bit about the gun and serial number in Thread 26, about 10-15 pages of discussion starting about p2. Cannonball had requested info whch led to his getting access to a document showing a firearm serial number was involved. Specifically, it was MPD's letter to the TX Atty General seeking to deny NBC's FOI request for 911 records, SW's, incident report, and other documents.

They (MPD) wrote: "In this instance, the responsive information contains a serial # of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108 (b) (1). ..."

There also was the Today Show episode that first week announcing that "the Feds" had joined the investigation, and remarking about area gun store(s) being contacted regarding a recent gun purchase:

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-today-s...tigation-of-texas-fitness-instructor-3375069/

Thanks, I had read the AG document posted by Cannonball, but I didn't catch whether the serial number they recorded came from a search of a POI or found at the scene.

Has anyone made a timeline of events? If so, can someone please link it to me? TIA...

**Bombshell** Nancy Grace show cancelled:seeya:

The grout lines stop at the door entry all the way across. It looks like there is a rug or a circle medalion (pretty big on the floor) once you step through the doors. Hope this helps.
Is that the SP to the right in that photo? I can see the helmet and white shirt around the neck area?

Remember, folks, we can scroll and roll if we don't care for something. Let's police ourselves so mods don't have to.

I'm reading Missy Bevers Timeline on Scribd. Check it out: https://www.scribd.com/book/311901273

Thank you! How weird I didn't know KS was from BBs family, I always thought she was from MBs side... That makes me look at everything different now... Where was she at the time of the murder? JMO but IIRC someone stared she said she was into crime, and who would think of hiding their identity in a swat uniform and who the suspects would first be but someone whos into that stuff.. i think if anyone was to get away with murder itd very likely be someone from WS since we know all about this stuff!! also, does anyone find it weird we still don't know who BB went on the trip with? And that there's no one (that I can find anywhere) that says they saw BB or RB around the time when MB passed? Obviously LE has looked at the people they were with but I mean just every day people saying "that's so crazy, I just saw that guy yesterday" And has her official COD been released?

PLEASE forgive length! I have kept this all in since the beginning, so I've had lots of time to assemble my thoughts. Of course I'm ready for a big ol' cut. I have tried for days to shorten this post, and while I have whittled quite a bit, this is what I've ended up with:

So, I have been lurking since the beginning. I generally try to avoid thinking about murders because I am sclerphobic, but, Missy’s death upset me enough that I’ve taken the ride.

I first believed SP was a middle-aged female seeking revenge for an affair -- the woman half of the couple often discussed here. Robbery is another popular theory here, but one I’ve never subscribed to. IMO the murder was meticulously planned and meant to be up close and personal. There is a particularly sinister thread winding through this story, and I can’t imagine it was just a break in that went awry. It’s telling to me that LE says they are not worried for residents’ safety. I haven’t read that businesses and people were warned to lock doors and take precautions. I’m in a smallish town and 2 houses had recent attempted burglaries. Not only did LE get out a warning, it was spread person to person. Doors have been locked, and that is just due to attempted burglaries – not a murder in a church. I’d still be cautious if I lived in Midlothian, as I would think LE would be. Protect and serve -their catch call. Precautionary warnings, IMO, would be given for safety and to protect their butts if more murders, or supposed burglaries gone wrong were to happen. As far as I know, they also haven’t warned other churches. In my research, church burgs. happen in a rash. They lose AV equip, brass items, & credit cards. IMO this was intended for poor Missy.

IMO, the person who executed the murder is NOT the same person/s who planned it. I believe at least 2 were involved in planning, more like a 3-person M/F mix. SP IMO is a male –20s or 30s - reasonably in shape, cocksure because he/she is bolstered by a support system that believes they planned the “perfect murder.” SP was eerily calm, which leads me to think the “planning committee” picked the right monster for the job. Sociopaths are “eerily calm” in high stress situations just like SP. I also researched gender and homicide according to FBI materials to see if I could logically assign gender to SP. I found that women are less likely to plan a murder than men. Women typically kill in emotionally driven moments when overwhelmed by anger, rejection and loss of love/attention. I learned that men will still seek revenge following a spouse’s affair, especially if he is abandoned. It didn’t seem like MB’s marriage was out of the woods, and then there were those pesky “intimate” exchanges by text/email. Perhaps such messages had already been seen by the husband, or perhaps the electronic correspondence was a set up to see if she would respond. No matter what, trust between MB and BB had been usurped, and healing IMO wasn’t much happening.

I find it really odd that BB mentioned he had just warned her to be careful. That’s, IMO, is an attempt to blame Missy or throw shade. An “I told her so.” If he were acutely worried about safety, would he leave MB and the kids to go fishing? If I were concerned about my partner’s safety, that would extend to my kids, and I wouldn’t be travelling. I also don’t think most women have the strength to maneuver in that uniform, carry tools, murder someone who could have put up a good fight (something I think was anticipated), and quickly escape. I believe padding was worn by SP not just as a disguise, but also to avoid being bruised/ injured in case of a police interview or other unwelcomed observations.

In terms of the linked in message, I don’t put much stock in it. If Missy were to truly think she were in serious danger, I doubt she would leave her daughters sleeping, as well as put herself in an empty building in the dark.
In terms of a robbery, IMO, no robber is going to put together the outfit for a church lift. This wasn’t a major bank heist. Also, SP wasn’t trying to gather anything. I researched church burglaries, and AV equip goes as well as brass items and credit cards. Cash usually is not kept. Churches get struck in a rash bc they’re seen as easy targets. Typically, area churches are put on alert.

Some in the forum have suggested that SP is drunk/high. IMO, if someone is jonesing for drugs, h/s is not going to walk around leisurely. And I think it’d be sloppier.

I believe SP had intimate knowledge of church or connections. Why not worry about a janitor? Some say SP was checking rooms for people. Again, too much leisurely behavior. If a robber carries a weapon, IMO, it’s a gun.
Not a hammer. Research says that robberies scarcely turn into a second felony when there is a chance to flee. MB couldn’t identify SP so why the brutal murder? Not worrying about a janitor is 1 reason I think this happened in tandem. Either this was someone with knowledge of the church or knows employees. FBI says that men will collude, but rarely will women.I feel there are a few people involved, but why is the question. I also believe there HAD to be transport help. Realistically, can most people murder someone fast and violently, then run in a cumbersome bloody costume with restrictive footwear, knee pads, & helmet all on a tight schedule? They can’t risk driving like that, and It would be a huge risk to change clothes at the location. SP is not going to take a chance to spread DNA or drop something.

IMO, though I love yous were purportedly sent by BB and MB every day for 10 months, apparently they weren’t before that. Why did BB mention this? IMO, he is overproviding. He’s trying to show they were on the mend, so why would anyone suspect him of killing his wife due to her indiscretions. Those ten months of purported “love” could have offered more time for a buildup of anger and PLANNING alongside of someone who, IMO, smiled too often days after the murder, who appears grossly cocksure and… walks like a duck. Someone who cares about a shirt when his grandkids are left without a mom and his son without a wife. The ultimate wing man who didn’t like to see his son being jilted and emasculated in the public eye by a woman who growing stronger by the day. Those feelings incited the wingman’s ire, and coupled with perhaps a personal distaste for (my words) “upstart crockpot women” – started the ball rolling. Perhaps BB didn’t think it would go this far and is living a personal hell now, not only torn between two sides, but personally terrified.

The doors were perhaps left open to perhaps provide a trap in case MB sought refuge? Perhaps doors being open and any broken glass/drywall might intrigue MB enough to check it out, near a waiting SP? Perhaps SP was looking for a good place to commit the act, checking for cameras in the rooms. I think the “weak looking” hammer hit to the window was part of the ruse. That certainly rules out a robber IMO. The low energy hit was an energy saver for what was coming. Unlike many of you, I have not focused on the layout of the church, so I might be way off in this area.

So, in closing, I believe it was a well planned paid hit, done by a youngish male who was enough of a monster that he’d do it and provide proof - someone who perhaps wanted cred and money, and thought a modicum was a million. I join some who think the hand on the wall came later, and was a support due to exhaustion, shock, adrenaline, pain, dizziness, etc. Also, I do that sometimes if my back is killing me. It gives me a little support. I have arthritis in my spine, and any support is better than none. Perhaps SP was wounded by MB.

My only other thought is a catfish/online fan who MB rejected when things – and the person - proved weird or stalkerish. This might account for her altered demeanor in the 2 weeks prior. This could be someone who provided MB with a distracting “affair,” but ultimately ended with MB slamming the door. That kind of thing wounds a person’s dignity to the bone, especially if the other person appears to cavalierly resume their “happy” marriage and home. She loved her kids like crazy, which drives people to keep a marriage together even if unhappy. If you meet a creeper, suddenly what you have at home may seem better than what’s out there. So, let’s make it work, let’s say I love you, but the heart’s really not in it. In the end, the other person wasn’t going to go quietly away. “I’ll show her” kind of thing, and honestly I believe she had several people who felt the same way about her burgeoning independence.

We all know that we’re still living in a misogynistic society. MB was gaining strength in and out and enjoying her changing appearance. and that ticks off and scares a lot of men, especially those who feel insecure.

For what it’s worth, I can't believe this randomly happened on the one weekend hubby was away. That had to be part of the plan, and honestly it is really stupid because it inspires even more suspicion. His absence provided an opportunity all the way around, I think the primary wingman is a heck of a lot less intelligent than he believes he is. He is mighty impressed with himself and was smiling from the beginning. The cat and canary thing.

Please know this is ALL MOO! It’s conjecture based on my brain’s intersection with all posts, FBI stats and what I have seen in interviews. I know it’s long, but I have no one to talk to about this case. Please forgive me!

This will be a fight to the end, but rarely does someone get away without making a mistake or talking to the wrong person. I think someone in particular – the wingman - will do some bragging because ultimately he’s a fool looking for recognition. There but by the grace of time and case building go SP. Until then, I believe a few people are quaking in their (non-tactical) boots.

PLEASE forgive length! I have kept this all in since the beginning, so I've had lots of time to assemble my thoughts. Of course I'm ready for a big ol' cut. I have tried for days to shorten this post, and while I have whittled quite a bit, this is what I've ended up with:

Snipped for space

Just a quick thank you for your post. It was interesting reading through your thought process from start to finish. Regardless of whether or not others agree with your statements (I happen to agree with much of what you wrote), you clearly didn't come to your theories lightly. You have followed the case, researched independently and put together a very likely motive\scenario. Nice job!

So, I have been lurking since the beginning. I generally try to avoid thinking about murders because I am sclerphobic, but, Missy’s death upset me enough that I’ve taken the ride.

I first believed SP was a middle-aged female seeking revenge for an affair -- the woman half of the couple often discussed here. Robbery is another popular theory here, but one I’ve never subscribed to. IMO the murder was meticulously planned and meant to be up close and personal. There is a particularly sinister thread winding through this story, and I can’t imagine it was just a break in that went awry. It’s telling to me that LE says they are not worried for residents’ safety. I haven’t read that businesses and people were warned to lock doors and take precautions. I’m in a smallish town and 2 houses had recent attempted burglaries. Not only did LE get out a warning, it was spread person to person. Doors have been locked, and that is just due to attempted burglaries – not a murder in a church. I’d still be cautious if I lived in Midlothian, as I would think LE would be. Protect and serve -their catch call. Precautionary warnings, IMO, would be given for safety and to protect their butts if more murders, or supposed burglaries gone wrong were to happen. As far as I know, they also haven’t warned other churches. In my research, church burgs. happen in a rash. They lose AV equip, brass items, & credit cards. IMO this was intended for poor Missy.

IMO, the person who executed the murder is NOT the same person/s who planned it. I believe at least 2 were involved in planning, more like a 3-person M/F mix. SP IMO is a male –20s or 30s - reasonably in shape, cocksure because he/she is bolstered by a support system that believes they planned the “perfect murder.” SP was eerily calm, which leads me to think the “planning committee” picked the right monster for the job. Sociopaths are “eerily calm” in high stress situations just like SP. I also researched gender and homicide according to FBI materials to see if I could logically assign gender to SP. I found that women are less likely to plan a murder than men. Women typically kill in emotionally driven moments when overwhelmed by anger, rejection and loss of love/attention. I learned that men will still seek revenge following a spouse’s affair, especially if he is abandoned. It didn’t seem like MB’s marriage was out of the woods, and then there were those pesky “intimate” exchanges by text/email. Perhaps such messages had already been seen by the husband, or perhaps the electronic correspondence was a set up to see if she would respond. No matter what, trust between MB and BB had been usurped, and healing IMO wasn’t much happening.

I find it really odd that BB mentioned he had just warned her to be careful. That’s, IMO, is an attempt to blame Missy or throw shade. An “I told her so.” If he were acutely worried about safety, would he leave MB and the kids to go fishing? If I were concerned about my partner’s safety, that would extend to my kids, and I wouldn’t be travelling. I also don’t think most women have the strength to maneuver in that uniform, carry tools, murder someone who could have put up a good fight (something I think was anticipated), and quickly escape. I believe padding was worn by SP not just as a disguise, but also to avoid being bruised/ injured in case of a police interview or other unwelcomed observations.

In terms of the linked in message, I don’t put much stock in it. If Missy were to truly think she were in serious danger, I doubt she would leave her daughters sleeping, as well as put herself in an empty building in the dark.
In terms of a robbery, IMO, no robber is going to put together the outfit for a church lift. This wasn’t a major bank heist. Also, SP wasn’t trying to gather anything. I researched church burglaries, and AV equip goes as well as brass items and credit cards. Cash usually is not kept. Churches get struck in a rash bc they’re seen as easy targets. Typically, area churches are put on alert.

Some in the forum have suggested that SP is drunk/high. IMO, if someone is jonesing for drugs, h/s is not going to walk around leisurely. And I think it’d be sloppier.

I believe SP had intimate knowledge of church or connections. Why not worry about a janitor? Some say SP was checking rooms for people. Again, too much leisurely behavior. If a robber carries a weapon, IMO, it’s a gun.
Not a hammer. Research says that robberies scarcely turn into a second felony when there is a chance to flee. MB couldn’t identify SP so why the brutal murder? Not worrying about a janitor is 1 reason I think this happened in tandem. Either this was someone with knowledge of the church or knows employees. FBI says that men will collude, but rarely will women.I feel there are a few people involved, but why is the question. I also believe there HAD to be transport help. Realistically, can most people murder someone fast and violently, then run in a cumbersome bloody costume with restrictive footwear, knee pads, & helmet all on a tight schedule? They can’t risk driving like that, and It would be a huge risk to change clothes at the location. SP is not going to take a chance to spread DNA or drop something.

IMO, though I love yous were purportedly sent by BB and MB every day for 10 months, apparently they weren’t before that. Why did BB mention this? IMO, he is overproviding. He’s trying to show they were on the mend, so why would anyone suspect him of killing his wife due to her indiscretions. Those ten months of purported “love” could have offered more time for a buildup of anger and PLANNING alongside of someone who, IMO, smiled too often days after the murder, who appears grossly cocksure and… walks like a duck. Someone who cares about a shirt when his grandkids are left without a mom and his son without a wife. The ultimate wing man who didn’t like to see his son being jilted and emasculated in the public eye by a woman who growing stronger by the day. Those feelings incited the wingman’s ire, and coupled with perhaps a personal distaste for (my words) “upstart crockpot women” – started the ball rolling. Perhaps BB didn’t think it would go this far and is living a personal hell now, not only torn between two sides, but personally terrified.

The doors were perhaps left open to perhaps provide a trap in case MB sought refuge? Perhaps doors being open and any broken glass/drywall might intrigue MB enough to check it out, near a waiting SP? Perhaps SP was looking for a good place to commit the act, checking for cameras in the rooms. I think the “weak looking” hammer hit to the window was part of the ruse. That certainly rules out a robber IMO. The low energy hit was an energy saver for what was coming. Unlike many of you, I have not focused on the layout of the church, so I might be way off in this area.

So, in closing, I believe it was a well planned paid hit, done by a youngish male who was enough of a monster that he’d do it and provide proof - someone who perhaps wanted cred and money, and thought a modicum was a million. I join some who think the hand on the wall came later, and was a support due to exhaustion, shock, adrenaline, pain, dizziness, etc. Also, I do that sometimes if my back is killing me. It gives me a little support. I have arthritis in my spine, and any support is better than none. Perhaps SP was wounded by MB.

My only other thought is a catfish/online fan who MB rejected when things – and the person - proved weird or stalkerish. This might account for her altered demeanor in the 2 weeks prior. This could be someone who provided MB with a distracting “affair,” but ultimately ended with MB slamming the door. That kind of thing wounds a person’s dignity to the bone, especially if the other person appears to cavalierly resume their “happy” marriage and home. She loved her kids like crazy, which drives people to keep a marriage together even if unhappy. If you meet a creeper, suddenly what you have at home may seem better than what’s out there. So, let’s make it work, let’s say I love you, but the heart’s really not in it. In the end, the other person wasn’t going to go quietly away. “I’ll show her” kind of thing, and honestly I believe she had several people who felt the same way about her burgeoning independence.

We all know that we’re still living in a misogynistic society. MB was gaining strength in and out and enjoying her changing appearance. and that ticks off and scares a lot of men, especially those who feel insecure.

For what it’s worth, I can't believe this randomly happened on the one weekend hubby was away. That had to be part of the plan, and honestly it is really stupid because it inspires even more suspicion. His absence provided an opportunity all the way around, I think the primary wingman is a heck of a lot less intelligent than he believes he is. He is mighty impressed with himself and was smiling from the beginning. The cat and canary thing.

Please know this is ALL MOO! It’s conjecture based on my brain’s intersection with all posts, FBI stats and what I have seen in interviews. I know it’s long, but I have no one to talk to about this case. Please forgive me!

This will be a fight to the end, but rarely does someone get away without making a mistake or talking to the wrong person. I think someone in particular – the wingman - will do some bragging because ultimately he’s a fool looking for recognition. There but by the grace of time and case building go SP. Until then, I believe a few people are quaking in their (non-tactical) boots.

bravo-I share your theories.

Thank you for a very well put-together post. I have similar thoughts, theories myself, and your observations of "Smiling Man" mirror my own. Too smug by half, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat