TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone else find it odd that the 911 audio has not been released? That is usually one of the first things the media requests under FOIA. I have a feeling one of the agencies working on this asked media to back off a bit. Time will tell. JMO.

Isn't the 911 audio one of the things that was requested when that person was told there was gun information that couldn't be released? I wasn't able to read threads thoroughly at that time so I don't remember for sure.

Isn't the 911 audio one of the things that was requested when that person was told there was gun information that couldn't be released? I wasn't able to read threads thoroughly at that time so I don't remember for sure.

yes. I believe Cannonball requested it and was denied. I do believe media could request it and gain access.

Jethro re sedan plates-Fireman specialty plates? Texas or out of state plates?

First time posting to Websleuths. I just want to say that you all have done a tremendous amount of work on this. Kudos.

I still don't understand why someone would commit this crime at the church. I've read the theory that the SP may have felt that this was the perfect chance to catch MB alone and, yes, I agree that it's possible but it still seems like a less than ideal location. If the SP followed MB's FB post about preparing to go to the church, he/she may have assumed that there would be a window of time that MB would be alone before the campers showed up. That's fine but it still seems overly risky. There would've been no way to know how much of a window would be available. The SP couldn't be certain that the crime would go off without a hitch or that one of the campers wouldn't show up much earlier than expected. And not only campers, what if LE showed up? MB's vehicle would've been parked outside of the church at a very early hour. An officer on patrol may have noticed this and stopped to investigate. So again, why choose this time and this location? I think this may suggest that at least a second person was involved in a spotter/lookout capacity. Someone positioned outside of the church to give a warning if someone unexpectedly showed up. Then again, perhaps the SP didn't care about that or even consider it. I find that unlikely considering the choice to use the tactical gear (or what appears to be tactical gear).

This might also suggest it was simply a B&E and MB stumbled upon it. I don't really buy this. The church would've been quiet and I'd think that the SP would've been alerted to MB's presence and could've hidden rather than murder her. There would be ample places to hide and wait things out. No, this had to be SP waiting to ambush MB but I can't wrap my head around why that time and place. It has to have some significance. I'm not saying it necessarily had anything to do with religion but the SP wanted the murder to occur at that location.

It's possible that the perp was in the bathroom, and MB went into the bathroom right after unlocking. Two people in close quarters, completely surprised by seeing the other, and a physical struggle ensues. This is a plausible explanation for the B&E theory, although it isn't the only one.

It's possible that the perp initially went to that area to case or to break in the SWFA gun store. Perhaps they decided against it for whatever reason, and chose to go break into the next closest building and see what they could find there instead. This would explain why they were dressed up in the first place (intended to break into SWFA, knew that there would be cameras). It would perhaps explain the silver Nissan at the SWFA store at 2 am. It would also explain why the perp seems unfamiliar with the church's interior (Dutch doors as an example). It would also explain their nonchalance - if they had broken into a gun store it would have been all about getting in and out quickly. But going to plan B and breaking into a church and not setting off any alarms, they thought they had all the time in the world).

People argue that it doesn't make much sense to break into a church. You're right, it doesn't. But if perp decided plan A location was too secure, then the plan B church was just a target of convenience without any forethought as to payoff. It would be a chance to get out of the rain and maybe find some food, use the bathroom, etc.

So he breaks in, smashes some stuff just because he can, looks for something to eat in the kitchen, and eventually makes his way to the bathroom or to that general SW area. And there, through incredibly horrific timing, he and MB meet each other for the first and last time.

yes. I believe Canoonball requested it and was denied. I do believe media could request it and gain access.

I thought ArkansasMimi requested Info for FOIA. Where is she anyway? I enjoyed her postings and haven't seen her for a few weeks.

yes. I believe Cannonball requested it and was denied. I do believe media could request it and gain access.

No one who requests it can gain access at this time. When police choose not to disclose evidence, it's all-or-nothing with access. They can't pick and choose who to release it to and who not to release it to. So I can't have it, you can't have it, Nancy Grace can't have it, NBC can't have it - no one can.

No one who requests it can gain access at this time. When police choose not to disclose evidence, it's all-or-nothing with access. They can't pick and choose who to release it to and who not to release it to. So I can't have it, you can't have it, Nancy Grace can't have it, NBC can't have it - no one can.

gotcha.
I wonder if it will ever be released.

gotcha.
I wonder if it will ever be released.

It will have to be, eventually. Maybe not until during the trial or afterward. Once the investigation is complete, police won't have an excuse to keep withholding it. 911 calls are considered open records in Texas. There are exceptions in the statute that apply to the 911 call for right now, but they won't be applicable forever.

It will have to be, eventually. Maybe not until during the trial or afterward. Once the investigation is complete, police won't have an excuse to keep withholding it. 911 calls are considered open records in Texas. There are exceptions in the statute that apply to the 911 call for right now, but they won't be applicable forever.

This is why I think media isn't covering it no new info. :(

Replying to my own post...I wonder if it was just tough-speak for a gladiator workout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
she says that it's a "food prepping party", and then lists various food items

First time posting to Websleuths. I just want to say that you all have done a tremendous amount of work on this. Kudos.

I still don't understand why someone would commit this crime at the church. I've read the theory that the SP may have felt that this was the perfect chance to catch MB alone and, yes, I agree that it's possible but it still seems like a less than ideal location. If the SP followed MB's FB post about preparing to go to the church, he/she may have assumed that there would be a window of time that MB would be alone before the campers showed up. That's fine but it still seems overly risky. There would've been no way to know how much of a window would be available. The SP couldn't be certain that the crime would go off without a hitch or that one of the campers wouldn't show up much earlier than expected. And not only campers, what if LE showed up? MB's vehicle would've been parked outside of the church at a very early hour. An officer on patrol may have noticed this and stopped to investigate. So again, why choose this time and this location? I think this may suggest that at least a second person was involved in a spotter/lookout capacity. Someone positioned outside of the church to give a warning if someone unexpectedly showed up. Then again, perhaps the SP didn't care about that or even consider it. I find that unlikely considering the choice to use the tactical gear (or what appears to be tactical gear).

This might also suggest it was simply a B&E and MB stumbled upon it. I don't really buy this. The church would've been quiet and I'd think that the SP would've been alerted to MB's presence and could've hidden rather than murder her. There would be ample places to hide and wait things out. No, this had to be SP waiting to ambush MB but I can't wrap my head around why that time and place. It has to have some significance. I'm not saying it necessarily had anything to do with religion but the SP wanted the murder to occur at that location.

Do we know for sure that the Perp even knew there were campers that were going to show up? Anyone know what the white box thing is in the Perps left hand when IT breaks the window? I'm sure you discussed that already but I didn't see it. Also, its quite possible that it was a B&E but I would think the perp would have just mosey'd on out of the building had someone showed up. ?

OT Help! posts are CENTERED on my pages how do I fix it? ty

I'd like to hear from Jethro on this as well. I looked through all of the Texas specialty license plates that are listed on the state DMV site here:

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/license-plates/specialty-license-plates

Here is Jethro's pic from Google street view, blown up. I can't tell any detail from it at all, to say whether it matches any of the specialty plates or is a standard plate:

attachment.php
I haven't determined what year that plate was issued. But to the left side of the plate it appears to me to be one that has one of those military medal types. Going to the current site with current designs doesn't help with plates issued years ago that may have different designs. I don't know how often Texas requires car owners to be issued new plates.

I have a question. Can Tricia please bring the lead detective on her show and simply ask him What the Mt. Fuji is going on with our girl's case?

Jmo.

The cars you posted are definitely Altima. I used to have a maxima and they're similar. I don't know about the car that was blurred from the house pic.
That is definitely an Altima. Bear in mind, Altima was the #2 selling automobile in the US in 2011 (barely behind the Toyota Camry.) White is the #1 selling automobile color (Silver #3 in 2011). 40% of all cars so in America were white or silver. So there are a little over 10,000 white or silver 2011 Altima's in the state of Texas (probably 30K in the years 2010 to 2012.) They are not rare. It would be rare to drive around for 30 minutes and not see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee