TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jethro, I went back and re-read this post again (snipped for brevity above to show what is relevant to my question).

Google usually blurs license plates automatically. You're stating that the car in question has a specialty license plate. So did Google fail to blur the car's plate, and that's how you were able to tell that it had a specialty plate? Were you able to read it?

And how do you think you have a reasonable chance of finding that particular car again, since so many of the plates in Google street view ARE blurred?

When you navigate around on google try looking at a license plate from another angle to get around the blur effect of the plate. I've been able to get a clear view of license plates when I change the angle of my view.

Oh my, I hope that's not the case..

-Nin
The left side of the left leg in your image. Near where the lower left red arrow. I know the image quality is terrible at the end of the long MPD video but there is a decent view of the left leg. I haven't looked into this yet myself. I do believe a firearm was used in this crime.

Video games and geocaching..just like to point out this. Probably a coincidence, but wow..

-Nin

Thanks Nin! I would have never made that connection. Although, I'm not on board with the teenager or gamer theory I find this interesting.

Another website has a user stating that Terri's last FB post was April 17th, day before her murder, and she posted, "It's going down. Time to start prepping." Can anyone verify that? ???

We're all aware of her CG posts about training, the rainy weather, and changing class details, but I'm assuming the above-mentioned post was on her personal account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Replying to my own post...I wonder if it was just tough-speak for a gladiator workout.

Actually that's the last public post that is up now. https://www.facebook.com/missy.bevers?fref=ts

"It's going down CG Midlo....food prepping on the way! Very soon, we will plan a food prepping party outing!

Chicken, ground turkey, eggs, fresh green veggies, sweet potatoes, steel cut oats, blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, mangos, coconut water, spinach, and watermelon...because I've been craving watermelon forever! "

Some of her last public posts are not on display any longer. I know that one of the last few posts from the day was something to the effect "if its raining we're training"

Which is why other blogs, sites, and crime forums are not considered appropriate source material. Rumors grow legs quickly if we rely on the words and speculations of others without seeing their source materials first.

Which is why other blogs, sites, and crime forums are not considered appropriate source material. Rumors grow legs quickly if we rely on the words and speculations of others without seeing their source materials first.
Which is why I asked for a screenshot here.

Some posts regarding some LEOs charged with criminal behavior in Ellis county have been removed.

Speculating broadly is fine but the focus was becoming too narrow, naming specific individuals with no other basis for their involvement in this crime aside from they were charged with another.

Keep it broad please.

Which is why I asked for a screenshot here.

which would have been removed due to TOS

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Very occasionally a screen shot may be allowed, but those are rare and evaluated on a case by case basis.

The left side of the left leg in your image. Near where the lower left red arrow. I know the image quality is terrible at the end of the long MPD video but there is a decent view of the left leg. I haven't looked into this yet myself. I do believe a firearm was used in this crime.

I do too. It was too calculated and the perps purpose was to kill and planned for a successful mission.

Video games and geocaching..just like to point out this. Probably a coincidence, but wow..

-Nin
Not sure where you got that from, but that isn't the symbol for geocaching. This is:

attachment.php

https://www.geocaching.com/play

Attachments

• geocache.png
    geocache.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 774
Are you stating: "If" they do have DNA, you heard there was a backlog, so "if" they have DNA, testing would take a while.

Yes, in the past I have read about: DNA "backlogs", and when there is a "backlog", police sometimes do not get results back on a case until: YEARS later.

(I am wondering, though: If a case is one that just "recently" occurred, is there some way they can put a "rush" on that one. ???)

Surely Dna from death of Missy would not take longer than the dog blood from "Shirt-gate". As we know, that DNA has already returned and that happened a few days after the murder of Missy.

Surely Dna from death of Missy would not take longer than the dog blood from "Shirt-gate". As we know, that DNA has already returned and that happened a few days after the murder of Missy.

In an earlier thread (I have no idea which one), I had posted a link to some info on what the process at the lab is like. It said that typically all evidence related to a case is gathered together and tested all at once, in a batch. So I would expect that when the lab staff got to that dry cleaner shirt, they were also testing whatever MPD had sent them from the crime scene as well.

It would be unusual, I think, for the lab not to have finished what they were testing by this point, the 3 month mark. So IMO, they either really didn't come up with anything of consequence, or else they're being extremely tight-lipped. It could be that they've gotten the results back from the lab and that the process of analyzing those results and maybe getting input from other agencies is still ongoing.

I think there are more than one involved... so LE waiting and watching in order to get all involved. No hurry. Best to get it right.

The logo on the CCoC sign should be no mystery. It's nothing more than a stylized cross, the symbol for Jesus' death, in a circle.

To answer the first part you can see despite the blur ...

attachment.php

It is not as blurred as others but this one is still blurred enough to not be able to discern any numbers.

Not sure what you think should be there, by "red specialty symbol." Isn't it just a blurred standard Texas plate?

First time posting to Websleuths. I just want to say that you all have done a tremendous amount of work on this. Kudos.

I still don't understand why someone would commit this crime at the church. I've read the theory that the SP may have felt that this was the perfect chance to catch MB alone and, yes, I agree that it's possible but it still seems like a less than ideal location. If the SP followed MB's FB post about preparing to go to the church, he/she may have assumed that there would be a window of time that MB would be alone before the campers showed up. That's fine but it still seems overly risky. There would've been no way to know how much of a window would be available. The SP couldn't be certain that the crime would go off without a hitch or that one of the campers wouldn't show up much earlier than expected. And not only campers, what if LE showed up? MB's vehicle would've been parked outside of the church at a very early hour. An officer on patrol may have noticed this and stopped to investigate. So again, why choose this time and this location? I think this may suggest that at least a second person was involved in a spotter/lookout capacity. Someone positioned outside of the church to give a warning if someone unexpectedly showed up. Then again, perhaps the SP didn't care about that or even consider it. I find that unlikely considering the choice to use the tactical gear (or what appears to be tactical gear).

This might also suggest it was simply a B&E and MB stumbled upon it. I don't really buy this. The church would've been quiet and I'd think that the SP would've been alerted to MB's presence and could've hidden rather than murder her. There would be ample places to hide and wait things out. No, this had to be SP waiting to ambush MB but I can't wrap my head around why that time and place. It has to have some significance. I'm not saying it necessarily had anything to do with religion but the SP wanted the murder to occur at that location.

Not sure what you think should be there, by "red specialty symbol." Isn't it just a blurred standard Texas plate?

I'd like to hear from Jethro on this as well. I looked through all of the Texas specialty license plates that are listed on the state DMV site here:

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/license-plates/specialty-license-plates

Here is Jethro's pic from Google street view, blown up. I can't tell any detail from it at all, to say whether it matches any of the specialty plates or is a standard plate:

attachment.php

Attachments

• nissan.png
    nissan.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 492
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors