TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Porte cochere. Pronounced port co-share.
(maybe).

thanks...this was posted a few days ago and nope, it's not eyebrows. The killer is wearing some sort of guard that covers most of their forehead, the ridge of the nose and the cheeks directly under the eyes (in addition to the balaclava, "veil," and helmet.) I haven't found 1 single frame of the video where the killer's eyebrows are actually visible.
Why would someone go to such extremes not to be identified?

Would an unknown hired hit man from out of town do this? Would a would be burglar go to this extreme?

I think it is someone easily identifiable and from the community. Someone who doesn't want their eyes, forehead
or nose uncovered as it would most certainly give them away.

And someone who has hidden their body beneath the swatoutfit because that too would give them away.

This is one smart and highly organized person. And IMO, too smart to leave a digital trail or a computer trail.

I think LE knows who it is but just can't find the final nails for their coffin.....yet.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

i must admit, this is the first i've ever heard the term porte cochere. in australia, we'd probably call that "a covered driveway" or carport. unimaginative, i know

Not so sure. I live in Southeast Texas and port cochere is very common. I moved from New York and was like, "ohhh. car port, okay!"
Totally true. Lived in the PNW for decades and never saw the word (few houses had one - in it's truest sense). And if they did, we called it a carport.

Moved to TX and the first two houses we looked at advertised a Porte Cache. My first thought was that I might be getting a French plastic outhouse somewhere on the property.

ps. There truly is only one entrance with an awning. That's where they would be working out under as well. The word "main" does throw it in the gray a bit. I've seen people assign the "main" and "front" door designations differently. If this LE was highly involved in processing the scene, he/she would have spent most of their time and focus on the SW corner and ended up calling it the main door. Probably not relevant to us at this time (though could be relevant down the road somewhere.)

VERY likely that there is one key set that opens the W AND SW doors, with a different pattern for all the interior doors. Meaning her keys opened both the W and SW doors. Both those doors funnel directly to the same hallway system. Would be really weird to have two different keys opening doors that went to the same place.

i don't think anyone of us here actually plans to solve the case. Its just discussions, and throwing ideas back and forth.
Really? Throwing around ideas is what could solve a case. We have some amazing members on Websleuths. My ideas seem so amateur compared to some of those here, but you just don't know what could twig a thought and lead to closure for a family and friends seeking justice for a loved one. JMO

On March 9th it was raining, and Missy posted the "If it's raining we're still training meme" to her FB page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...571350162298.169611.1229322185&type=3&theater

She said "Good Morning CG MIDLO....you know your training is never put on hold, no matter what the weather! We are under the awning at Creekside Church of Christ. See you soon!!"

I think we could safely assume she meant they were training in the porte cochere area, not that they were training under the awning of the west entrance as it wouldn't cover too many people! So there's one person who would call that porte cochere area an awning.....

So she didnt associate the word 'awning' with the main entrance...

respectfully, isn't that kind of splitting hairs a little? the porte cochere and the patio are covered by the same roof structure as each other, so if one is the awning, the other is too.

I guess kind of the point is: there is an awning other than the one on the west side

Yes, it's definitely splitting hairs, but the porte-cochere has an extension of the roof, where the patio is underneath the main roof. They're not the same awning structure, but they are definitely adjacent to each other, and both in the same general area in the SW corner. But yeah, we're splitting hairs. I just wanted it to be clear that the porte-cochere covers the driveway only, where the patio awning covers an outdoor room at the corner of the building. MB wasn't holding class under the porte cochere covering (blue). She was holding class under the patio awning (pink).

attachment.php

Attachments

• awnings2.jpg
    awnings2.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 350
thanks...this was posted a few days ago and nope, it's not eyebrows. The killer is wearing some sort of guard that covers most of their forehead, the ridge of the nose and the cheeks directly under the eyes (in addition to the balaclava, "veil," and helmet.) I haven't found 1 single frame of the video where the killer's eyebrows are actually visible.

The only "exposed" feature we (public) really have is the eyes.. I tried in my feeble way to download pics from the news videos. One person on the POI does have eyebrows like this.. THAT being said..... I also realize there are pixel adjustments (from the videos) and the guard/mask that could contribute to the distortion.

I/we appreciate your diligence and skills and in the renditions you have provided along the way, and just wanted your input on this. Thank you for that!

Perp really, really, really wanted to be hidden behind all those layers of protection/coverage. IMO that alone rules out this being an unplanned murder; such as a burglary gone wrong or a teen playing some type of game. Perp took too much precaution to be there with the intention of doing anything other than commit a murder. IMO.

100% agree!

I haven't actually seen clear *skin* either to find proof of perp being light-skinned. How could LE determine that? Perhaps that statement was before it was clearly evident that perp had more coverings over his/her face and the light skinned was later realized to be in error? I think many people rule out specific POIs on the SW based on that quote, which I believe to be inaccurate. I think that quote was too soon in the investigation before videos were gone over in depth.

Trying to nail down SP.
1. So I keep hearing about this netting or veil that SP is wearing. I think female. Females generally wear netting and veils. Guys disguise themselves with sunglasses, in general.
2. I see gadgetry. GoPro and helmet light. Guys tend to get into gadgets. Think male.

We're still even.

Yes, I know there are exceptions to all these generalizations but we're just running the numbers at this point.

Did the net prevent a good facial shot, or poor cameras? If it worked, where did they get the idea? Never seen or heard of anything like it. It's always masks, sunglasses, bandana's etc.

I think the total prep time is a few weeks (less if most of the outfit was available already), not months. Perp(s) is simultaneously doc-ing her patterns, layout, cameras, etc.

Yes, it's definitely splitting hairs, but the porte-cochere has an extension of the roof, where the patio is underneath the main roof. They're not the same awning structure, but they are definitely adjacent to each other, and both in the same general area in the SW corner. But yeah, we're splitting hairs. I just wanted it to be clear that the porte-cochere covers the driveway only, where the patio awning covers an outdoor room at the corner of the building. MB wasn't holding class under the porte cochere covering (blue). She was holding class under the patio awning (pink).

attachment.php

So MB parked under "Blue", went outside to "Yellow" to open the door and then went inside to open the door under "Blue" to unload her things, planning the training under "Pink". I for myself now have it, thank you!!
There is always only 1 (one) main entrance in a building and here that is the "Yellow" area. :)

So MB parked under "Blue", went outside to "Yellow" to open the door and then went inside to open the door under "Blue" to unload her things, planning the training under "Pink". I for myself now have it, thank you!!
There is always only 1 (one) main entrance in a building and here that is the "Yellow" area. :)

I'm with you.. Are you thinking MB was found in the pink area?

Trying to nail down SP.
1. So I keep hearing about this netting or veil that SP is wearing. I think female. Females generally wear netting and veils. Guys disguise themselves with sunglasses, in general.
2. I see gadgetry. GoPro and helmet light. Guys tend to get into gadgets. Think male.

We're still even.

Yes, I know there are exceptions to all these generalizations but we're just running the numbers at this point.

Did the net prevent a good facial shot, or poor cameras? If it worked, where did they get the idea? Never seen or heard of anything like it. It's always masks, sunglasses, bandana's etc.

I think the total prep time is a few weeks (less if most of the outfit was available already), not months. Perp(s) is simultaneously doc-ing her patterns, layout, cameras, etc.

I think what folks are referring to is a mask such as this: https://www.google.com/search?q=bal...2&ved=0ahUKEwjX4pWF7O_NAhWDKGMKHZfhDBAQsAQINw

Really? Throwing around ideas is what could solve a case. We have some amazing members on Websleuths. My ideas seem so amateur compared to some of those here, but you just don't know what could twig a thought and lead to closure for a family and friends seeking justice for a loved one. JMO

I think "BRAINSTORMING" would be the only right word for what we do here on WS (besides "discussion" and "collect facts").

respectfully, isn't that kind of splitting hairs a little? the porte cochere and the patio are covered by the same roof structure as each other, so if one is the awning, the other is too.

I guess kind of the point is: there is an awning other than the one on the west side

YES, it is.

The below is my proposed explanation that accounts for every one of those questions.

1 MB enters the SW doors under the awning area.
2 As she does, she is picked on cam, first by the cam noted as c1 which has a peripheral view all the way into the vestibule itself.
3 As she steps further northward up/down the main hallway, she is picked up by cam c2 which is looking over her shoulder.
4 Perp is lurking ahead, in one of the locations noted (P1, P2, or P3), having been seen by the cams earlier but not seen by MB as she enters and takes that stroll.
5 As she moves further up/down the hallway, per the arrow, the cam c2 loses sight of her movement and stops recording, and sometime shortly after that perp attacks.
6 Perhaps as he attacks, he pulls her out of the hallway. Perhaps she is first subdued then dragged to a spot, perhaps not.
7 Ultimately her body ends up in one of the places marked by an X, or maybe at P1 or P2 location, all generally in SW corner of the building's interior.
8 From any of those spots, an unseen-by-cam exit could have been possible out the kitchen door on N side of building, as LE believes.

attachment.php

That's an interesting theory, and by the way your maps are very impressive. The thing that is still puzzling for me in such a scenario is: where was MB going if she was walking down that hallway away from where CG was going to be held?

Why would someone go to such extremes not to be identified?

Would an unknown hired hit man from out of town do this? Would a would be burglar go to this extreme?

I think it is someone easily identifiable and from the community. Someone who doesn't want their eyes, forehead
or nose uncovered as it would most certainly give them away.

And someone who has hidden their body beneath the swatoutfit because that too would give them away.

This is one smart and highly organized person. And IMO, too smart to leave a digital trail or a computer trail.

I think LE knows who it is but just can't find the final nails for their coffin.....yet.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

It has to be someone of whom nobody would think he could be this person/murderer/assistant of murderer. Maybe someone of apparently very good character or someone who apparently isn't able to walk. Otherwise the gait MUST be identifiable even when the person/SP would have been dressed with a Santa Claus costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99