TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS? Yes there is a door in the photo jmo
Really, there is no other door there. The end of entry point to the vestibule - the glass over the reporter's left shoulder is visible. That glass extends 16 feet across with double doors in the middle. To the left of the glass there is 20 feet of space to the end of the building. We are seeing approximately 15 feet of that in the image with the reporter.

If you look at the first photo you will see two lights mounted on the wall in the first photo. In the image with the reporter you see both lights. The leftmost is diagonally from his right shoulder. The other one is just over his left shoulder you can see the very bottom of it at the top of the image just above the pane of glass to the left of the door. The door pointed at in the first image are the doors you see behind the reporter.

On this video.. [video=youtube;dFyae4KYe74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyae4KYe74[/video] at 4:18 you can hear a woman reporter ask "What door are they cleaning..." Chief responds "It's a door with inside the church that went to one of the interior rooms.." I really can't make out her next question.. but it sounds like she was asking if there was anything in that room that...?

Obviously the cleaning crew can be seen by the reporters from the SW porch. It could possibly be the auditorium door, or perhaps the rr door..

Chief also mentions additional unreleased video later on in this same PR

I'm not even sure what my point is now.. :scared: sheesh.

Regarding this video, I always find it interesting to view human behavior. If one were to look at who I'm assuming is LE standing behind the Chief; what would you make of 6:09 and 9:51 of the video? Just curious.

Probably a FB group site. I re read wannas post...............ok. So the group shut down. JMO

I hope this post doesn't violate TOS, but there is a family member in an active SMS group that I visit from time-to-time. She is lurking, not posting.

Regarding this video, I always find it interesting to view human behavior. If one were to look at who I'm assuming is LE standing behind the Chief; what would you make of 6:09 and 9:51 of the video? Just curious.
Are u speaking about the skinny guy with the goatee? I didn't notice anything except he scratched his face. I do recall however, Minnesota Mary going off about something he did.
I just have my phone so was there something I missed with a small screen?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I hope this post doesn't violate TOS, but there is a family member in an active SMS group that I visit from time-to-time. She is lurking, not posting.

I know I would be lurking... just sayin'.

Snipped: Also if she was found where campers could see her through the doors why was there no 911 call til they actually found her? Would they not call right when they suspected seeing anything like that?

I had that same thought. The campers don't normally wait until right at 5am to walk up to the workout area. Now, with heavy rain, maybe they did sit in cars a bit longer, but I still would think at least 1 or 2 campers would have been up to the covered workout space by 4:55ish. If they could easily see her, I think they would have ran in and called 911 immediately. My guess is she wasn't visible, so at 5:00am when class should start they thought it was odd she wasn't out yet, and they went in to find her.

Great thorough post but leaves my questioning....why on earth would someone go to this much effort and trouble to murder someone? Could one individual technically cover almost every detail and every basis of this crime without error? Why at the church? Was it a challenge they wanted to tackle to outsmart the church and LE? We are all familiar with ways crime and murders have happened with quite a bit much, much less difficulty and effort as this one so why? I can't phantom those answers.
Well, the to the first question is they would go through the effort of planning this crime thoroughly so that they would not only accomplish the goal of killing Missy but would also be able to get away with it. We have seen many murders with all kinds of plans aimed at getting away with it. This is just another such plan. Whether they get away with it or not is another matter.

To answer the second question, sure one individual could plan this in detail and execute that plan. Someone with experience in contriving, planning, organizing, mitigating risk, and executing plans especially if they have in the past, or currently doing so to make a living.

The third question is a more interesting one. First, the church is remote. Second, there is easy access to an interstate within a handful of miles if they used a car and there is relatively easy access to the place on foot undetected. Third, it was a place where it was known Missy would be at a reasonably predictable time range and that she would almost certainly be alone. Fourth, it actually offers the opportunity for the staged burglary as part of the plan. Had this been another location SP would have had to devise a different plan with different risks to mitigate.

For your fourth question, the goal was to murder Missy and get away with it. I don't believe there was any intent to outsmart the church - it was only relevant as the venue to accomplish their goal. Outsmart the police? Well, yes, that is part and parcel with being able to get away with it.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.

Well, the to the first question is they would go through the effort of planning this crime thoroughly so that they would not only accomplish the goal of killing Missy but would also be able to get away with it. We have seen many murders with all kinds of plans aimed at getting away with it. This is just another such plan. Whether they get away with it or not is another matter.

To answer the second question, sure one individual could plan this in detail and execute that plan. Someone with experience in contriving, planning, organizing, mitigating risk, and executing plans especially if they have in the past, or currently doing so to make a living.

The third question is a more interesting one. First, the church is remote. Second, there is easy access to an interstate within a handful of miles if they used a car and there is relatively easy access to the place on foot undetected. Third, it was a place where it was known Missy would be at a reasonably predictable time range and that she would almost certainly be alone. Fourth, it actually offers the opportunity for the staged burglary as part of the plan. Had this been another location SP would have had to devise a different plan with different risks to mitigate.

For your fourth question, the goal was to murder Missy and get away with it. I don't believe there was any intent to outsmart the church - it was only relevant as the venue to accomplish their goal. Outsmart the police? Well, yes, that is part and parcel with being able to get away with it.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.

So far they got away with it!

Here's the most definitive pic I can offer to show there's clearly no other door(s) there. The doors you see are the ones that lead into the vestibule that then lead into the S end of the main (or west side) hallway. No others.

attachment.php

Wow, thank you very much for posting this! What an illusion!

Cheers, Nin

So now that it has been confirmed by the MPD that Missy entered through the doors where her truck was parked, I agree with Steve that her body could have been found in the SW corner of the auditorium. That would explain why the attack was not caught on camera & why perp was not seen again on camera. Perp must have walked through auditorium to opposite side and entered hallway where kitchen was and left the way he came. I don't believe that there is a camera in that hallway, is there?

Really, there is no other door there. The end of entry point to the vestibule - the glass over the reporter's left shoulder is visible. That glass extends 16 feet across with double doors in the middle. To the left of the glass there is 20 feet of space to the end of the building. We are seeing approximately 15 feet of that in the image with the reporter.

If you look at the first photo you will see two lights mounted on the wall in the first photo. In the image with the reporter you see both lights. The leftmost is diagonally from his right shoulder. The other one is just over his left shoulder you can see the very bottom of it at the top of the image just above the pane of glass to the left of the door. The door pointed at in the first image are the doors you see behind the reporter.

Thank you, Jethro4WS, for your input! Yes, funny illusion. It would have been too easy.. Plus, I really could not understand, why nobody was dusting that "illusional" door for prints..;--)

-Nin

So now that it has been confirmed by the MPD that Missy entered through the doors where her truck was parked, I agree with Steve that her body could have been found in the SW corner of the auditorium. That would explain why the attack was not caught on camera & why perp was not seen again on camera. Perp must have walked through auditorium to opposite side and entered hallway where kitchen was and left the way he came. I don't believe that there is a camera in that hallway, is there?

There are cameras in all main hallways, N, S, E and W.

-Nin

Looks like Texas in the summertime. Gnats, mosquitos, perspiration, etc. ;p

I know of one camera for the northside hallway, but it is quite a ways away (marked as c3 in the diagram below). I am guessing it was far enough away that, with lights out, it didn't detect movement, and therefore didn't turn on when perp went out the kitchen door. From other actions by perp we've seen in some of the videos, it's also possible doors in-between cam c3 and perp exit had previously been opened and also helped obstruct a view of any movement, further reason the cameras did not turn on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• perp exit.png
    perp exit.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 298
For sleuthing MB's movement after entering, here is a refresher on what a SW says:

"At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building."

And there is a grammar mistake in the original SW where it reads, "toward where the suspects location." I copied it as is.

(Catching up here, pardon me...)

Is there a women's bathroom in the SW corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kels1221