TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd, to say the least. I've stated before I think RB/VB are main suspects in my eyes, with BB supporting. Of course that doesn't line up with heights given by LE. And I can't rectify it. In time we will know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You are "spot on"! Don't lose sight!

It has me baffled as well. Especially since they had forensic experts complete an analysis and did a reenactment at the church. Then they come back to the public and the only fact they would reveal was the height update. Nothing about weight or details about the SP's features etc. UGGHH

ETA- Then again, LE did state they don't need the publics help. That is all fine and well- but let's make an arrest. I know they are working hard and I have a high regard for all LE as I make my former statement. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes time much longer than we'd like. I think they need to make sure they can get a conviction.

Hey guys, can you check out the new posts area of forums and consider writing to SaucyGal about her Mr. X post? Especially if you are a therapist or lawyer. She's reaching out at a critical time and needs support and help. Thanks. Sorry for the digression.

It's called What would you do? Lengthy post ahead

Hey guys, can you check out the new posts area of forums and consider writing to SaucyGal about her Mr. X post? Especially if you are a therapist or lawyer. She's reaching out at a critical time and needs support and help. Thanks. Sorry for the digression.

It's called What would you do? Lengthy post ahead

What is way to contact her?

IMO, part of the costume was just to disguise themselves from the cameras, but I do agree that there was a reason why they specifically went the route of impersonating LE. I am not sure I buy that it was just to hide the fact they were a motorcycle guy or martial arts guy though. If that were the goal, just wear a standard robber's get-up. Black sweats, hoodie, balaclava, generic helmet if you need one for a cam. All has the same goal and is much easier to move in. The only thing I can come up with is that they worried about a possible confrontation with a fit woman if they were unable to surprise her\attack her from behind. They thought if she were to walk in via a different route than normal, they could use the 'we have had a robbery' line to approach her and catch her off guard to make the first strike?? The only other theory I have heard is it was just to play out a fantasy of being LE. For me that only fits with a random killer though. I believe MB was targeted, and all decisions were based purely on accomplishing their goal - to kill MB and not get caught.

That outfit could also buy this murderer some time if someone entered the building before he/she had the chance to get out of there. Any campers arriving early would have put him at an instant disadvantage if he/she were dressed in street clothes or the like. An outfit such as sp is wearing would command an instant respect, so to speak, and put early or unexpected arrivals at ease. I imagine Missy was startled but, perhaps, curious and unafraid. JMO

What is way to contact her?
If you click her name in her "What would you do?" post, it gives you the option to msg her privately, if you'd like. Or you could just post openly as we do here.

Haha - how about a little jiggle? Lol. Seriously I don't think there was much jiggling of *advertiser censored* in that outfit.

They can be strapped down by a heavy vest.

I just want to add that there are so many talented folks posting here and I too greatly respect most if not all the contributions. Maybe it's safer to say SP is between 5-6' in height. IMHO
Since we cannot really and I mean definitively define BB or anyone else's actual heights- this seems to be one of those facts floating out in outer space. /QUOTE]

We can definitively define MB's height as 5'-3". It was listed in SWs along with her hair color, eye color and date of birth.

So it's all in how much taller than MB one believes BB to be. In most family pics, he is rarely standing up straight. He usually is leaning over with his arm around a daughter or MB. But I think it can be said pretty definitively that he is at least "a head" taller than her. Perhaps a bit more, it appears to me.

According to this source, the average male human head is 9.4 inches in height:
http://edge.rit.edu/edge/P13541/public/WorkingDocuments/Camera Resolution Validation.pdf

So if BB's head is of average size, and he is at least a head taller than MB who we know is 5'-3", then he is at least 6'-0". I would estimate that he is closer to 6'-2".

I just want to add that there are so many talented folks posting here and I too greatly respect most if not all the contributions. Maybe it's safer to say SP is between 5-6' in height. IMHO
Since we cannot really and I mean definitively define BB or anyone else's actual heights- this seems to be one of those facts floating out in outer space. /QUOTE]

We can definitively define MB's height as 5'-3". It was listed in SWs along with her hair color, eye color and date of birth.

So it's all in how much taller than MB one believes BB to be. In most family pics, he is rarely standing up straight. He usually is leaning over with his arm around a daughter or MB. But I think it can be said pretty definitively that he is at least "a head" taller than her. Perhaps a bit more, it appears to me.

According to this source, the average male human head is 9.4 inches in height:
http://edge.rit.edu/edge/P13541/public/WorkingDocuments/Camera Resolution Validation.pdf

So if BB's head is of average size, and he is at least a head taller than MB who we know is 5'-3", then he is at least 6'-0". I would estimate that he is closer to 6'-2".
That's funny, I found the same head height yesterday, but figured I'd stop fighting it. Lol
To clarify: I think your height is going to turn out as more accurate, IMO. <<<< In my opinion!!!

While I don't have a definitive answer I speculate this "affair" may have impacted the marriage, so family knowing would be pretty normal. An affair on either side would be known by close family, if in fact, they were a close family. To my knowledge as we sit here today, I have no clue what the dynamics in the family entail.

So you are saying that it would be common knowledge, at least inside the extended family, and therefore an original source for this "affair" information is therefore moot, even though there is no proof of any affair a year and a half ago other than KS saying there was, and MT specifically denied to People magazine that she had any knowledge of financial or marital problems:

http://www.people.com/article/texas-fitness-instructor-died-husband-speaks

5/10/2016 "...In a separate phone interview on Tuesday, [MT], [BB]'s mother and [MB]'s mother-in-law, tells PEOPLE that the details about [MB]'s "flirtatious" messages "knocked us down a little bit."

[MT] says she wasn't aware the couple was having financial or marital problems. ...
"

So KS knows about "marital problems" but according to MT;s own statement, MT does not. We cannot have it both ways. Either MT did know about marital problems or she did not know about marital problems. So that ends the theory that MB's affair was some kind of common family knowledge, because MT says she did not know. But KS knew, and she chose to say it on national television. I want to know WHO told her about MB having an affair - I want the source.

Adding to this is MT's "tarnished memory" 7/7/16: http://www.people.com/article/missy-bevers-investigation-slow-texas-fitness-allegedly

"...As for her son's state of mind, [MT] says [BB] "has his good days and bad days," and that the [family] are staying busy. His [family] know a little bit about the rumors that [MB] had been unfaithful, but [MT] and the rest of the family are trying to shield them from that as much as possible.

"It's almost like having a tarnished memory," she says. "I hate that I have a tarnished memory, and I don't want them to have a tarnished memory."

It helps them to hear that their dad "loved her no matter what," [MT] adds. "Whatever happened in the past, he still loved her. ...
"

Tarnished-Tarnished-Tarnished, let's emphasize Dirty-Dirty-Dirty because that is more meaningful than that the mother was murdered (!), and by giving a People interview emphasizing "tarnished memory" that is supposed to help shield the family, somehow. And let us not forget that MT has herself been divorced at least once (from RB) and has remarried herself, and produced children from both marriages, all of which in many Christian denominations is not acceptable. For example, a Catholic in such a position is not to partake in Communion because they would be considered "tarnished".

I definitely see what you're saying - we are on the same page there. And, I'm really not trying to butt heads on this either. I totally see where you're at on this. I just want to clarify what my own research and work has produced, and more importantly, give the reasons for why I refuse to tweak my own numbers in order to "fit into" some predetermined parameters, which I feel is a form of confirmation bias.

Being consistently overly-generous on gear dimensions rather than conservative, being consistently conservative on height estimates of the subject, sure... one might be able to almost squeeze SP into within LE's upper end estimates. However, I can't/won't do that because that's not the point of my work. Additionally it's what my research and numbers reflect. I can find no helmet anywhere that would add 5" to a person's height. Sorry, but that's simply not reasonable or plausible. I could budge a bit on the shoes, but not much (I won't go into detail here unless you request it, but it has to do with the measurement of SP's foot from instep to heel - something I spent a lot of time on when the subjects of "too big shoes" and "shoe lifts" were brought up).

If I keep rounding down, shaving off, squeezing, accounting for the absolute smallest or largest measurements in order to fit some predetermined parameter (or theory, or suspect), what's the point of doing my own work at all? And even if I do that (as I have per request on multiple occasions), I still can barely squeeze into their upper end number. If I genuinely believed LE was being liberal with their range of heights "just in case", then their range should start closer to 5'7" on the low end and go up to 6'. As it is now, they have fully eliminated men from suspect list, as the average height for American males is 5'10". More than 80% of men are over 5'8". Why, if they're being "generous" with a wider range, virtually eliminate half the population altogether? From that, you might automatically assume "well then, probably a woman". Which is what my initial reaction was. Is it a woman? That's what I wanted to find out. That's why I spent so much time on it. But my work did not produce numbers anywhere near their range within reason. So I'm left wondering why and how they arrived at their numbers. If my work resulted in a wider range, starting from somewhere in the vicinity of LE's estimates on up to mine, I might be more inclined to agree with you or agree with LE.

My work has completely changed my mind on who SP could be. As much as I dislike what my results have produced, they are what they are. They are the result of many, many hours of meticulous work, and I'm not about to trim them down simply to match someone else's results. At least, not until they can show/teach me the method of how they arrived at such different numbers than I and other analysts have.

SP is not 5'7" or shorter. If I add 4-5" for the helmet, this is what it would look like. I'm not trying to be intentionally ridiculous with the illustration below. By my most conservative measurement, and my most most generous leeway on LE's results (based on your numbers), this illustration represents what a tac helm (actual outline overlay) would look like on a man of 5'5" (edited to correct) if we added 4" or more padding to the height:

attachment.php

I am going to get out of this conversation. The police would have no reason to mislead on this and they have access to both more video and access to the actual crime scene for measurements. I respect and appreciate the work you have done, but I am going with their range. It's what they are trained and paid to do, with hands on work, not work from photos on the Internet.

Mo

This is something I would like to know, too: WHO exactly began the finger-pointing at CT? As for the Target Numbers SW, a very slow careful reading of that pertinent paragraph indicates that while some target numbers may have had phone/text contact with MB, other numbers are on the list as a result of "tips from citizens with possible suspect leads" and not as a result of direct phone contact with MB. It is possible that CT had no phone/text contact with MB, and was simply suggested based on a tip that she resembled SP. (AT&T Target Numbers SW, last para. p.8 - p.9 first para.)
She also may have openly expressed her dislike/disdain for Missy based on a perceived notion of sorts that she and AJT were "flirty", or too familiar, and friends/campers heard her expressing ideas that caused suspicions, so they brought their ideas to le. JMO

The longer we wait for answers to whom this SP is- does it make you feel more or less likely it's family?My initial thoughts are less likely but having followed enough cases- not always true. The longer we wait has me thinking her social network was such that a wide net needed to be casted over this "cast of possibilities." I just get so confused and stumped with this case. Anyone have any thoughts or thinking along the same lines?

Family although I am willing to admit I am coming off the Jeffrey Durst and Michael Peterson cases...

Are not SP. I would agree to that.

I would NOT agree with that! RB/VB have the motive. The hatred exists from RB. He has the calmness of SP. VB was possibly the accomplice--lookout or role reversal of SP/accomplice.............

!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members