TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the seemingly nonchalant nature of the killer roaming the halls tell us?

If you have rage and anger for Missy to want to kill her I wouldn't expect to see lackadaisical behavior. I feel like the person would have been more tense and in position vs wandering around the church.

This is why I just still sorta feel like it is a hit. This person looked like he/she was trying follow an assignment without being the one that wanted Missy dead.

But by tomorrow I will change my mind :confused:

I get you...it seems like a 'hit' in that he's basically wandering around killing time within 30 minutes of her getting there. The vandalism (since we haven't seen the extent of it) could be rage, or it could be simple puttering. We haven't seen enough video to really determine that, IMO.

If this isn't personal rage, yet is a hit, it could fit in with my theory of younger, fit male...who possibly got put up to do this. Maybe (pure speculation, here) he was not only a 15-20 yr old who worked out, but one who was put in the position of 1) protecting his peer reputation (regarding possible steroid use) and/or 2) earning some blood money....IF this is more complicated and about drugs (eg. Steroid selling/abuse). In other words, perhaps he could be coerced to do the dirty work with money AND threats (ratting on his own illegal activities).

To me, this is a targeted hit. But perp also has almost a juvenile quality to his behavior.

Here's something else to research. Besides the CG business MB was active in the Thrive nutrition business. At the Dateline NBC FB page, if you click on MB picture you go to the story regarding her murder. Read the comments. One person mentions that MB was the third person in that group to die recently. Because Thrive is multi level marketing you have a lot of competition there also. Money could be a motive too. Especially if MB was moving in on someone's "territory." MB would be the perfect person to sell Thrive. With her great body, etc. I bet people would be more then willing to do what she was doing to look that good.
JMO
Here's the link to the Dateline NBC FB page. https://www.facebook.com/datelinenbc/?fref=photo

I'm not sure if it's connected because in our area (not very far from Missy's home of Red Oak or the church in Midlo), the Thrive business is as saturated as Mary Kay or Advocare even though it hasn't been around as long. In other words, it's not as if this is an area where only a small number of people sell the patches & pills. There are Thrive people everywhere and you can see this by the number of magnets/car stickers when you drive around town! I have at least 10 friends who sell it. I wouldn't think this would be a very strong motive although it does give me pause to hear that she is the third person to die in this group.

MOO.

LE already stated that the outside cameras were not working that night

Technicality, I know. But they said they did not activate, not that they were not working. I think thats pretty big difference.

Marketing at it’s finest. They do that on all high profile cases. They have already gotten more then $10,000 in free advertising from this case, and they may never have to pay a penny for it.

Not necessarily bad, just saying.

Well, to be fair, they began this tradition when one of their own employees was murdered years ago. Good PR but also a good-hearted company. :)

Y'all probably already know this but I've been reviewing videos on this case and in this video the news reporter covering one of the videos of the perp walking around the building states that the tool seen in the video was found next to the body of Missy Bevers.
http://linkis.com/www.nbcdfw.com/1LukR

ETA: at the .50 seconds of the video.

Thanks for sharing the link. :) I thought I was going crazy knowing that LE had at least one tool in their possession... Now I remember it is true!

I'm not sure if it's connected because in our area (not very far from Missy's home of Red Oak or the church in Midlo), the Thrive business is as saturated as Mary Kay or Advocare even though it hasn't been around as long. In other words, it's not as if this is an area where only a small number of people sell the patches & pills. There are Thrive people everywhere and you can see this by the number of magnets/car stickers when you drive around town! I have at least 10 friends who sell it. I wouldn't think this would be a very strong motive although it does give me pause to hear that she is the third person to die in this group.

MOO.

Agree. Thrive, Thrive, Thrive crap everywhere lol

Technicality, I know. But they said they did not activate, not that they were not working. I think thats pretty big difference.

Cameras can be pretty finicky when set up for motion detection. Especially if we're talking about the ones outside, in the dark.
Anyone know what their camera setup was? IMO it doesn't seem like the cameras were put up/operated professionally.

Was the murderer walking around the church looking for rooms without security cameras for some reason?

Speculation by WS users that the white object in suspect's hand after suspect exits room 12 is saran wrap.

I believe there was speculation, the object resembling Saran Wrap, could have been a tool, known as a level.

IMHO

Agree. Thrive, Thrive, Thrive crap everywhere lol

There is that possibility. Especially since she was in a down line that did over a mill of sales in March. But I just can't see that really helping anyone. Since she was not up top. Unless she was taking away someone's business.

I don't get why nobody's talking about the radio interview, did nothing new come of it?

I feel like I'm falling behind with this case....

It was interesting, but most of us here already knew more than the guy interviewed did with the exception of one thing lol. The only piece of new info was that the surveillance footage of Missy arriving came from a store across the street rather. And apparently speculation on the family's involvement is allowed in the podcasts because Tricia asked him if there was talk locally about the husband being involved and if there were rumors of marital issues. Yes on both counts but nothing more than rumors, he said.

Y'all probably already know this but I've been reviewing videos on this case and in this video the news reporter covering one of the videos of the perp walking around the building states that the tool seen in the video was found next to the body of Missy Bevers.
http://linkis.com/www.nbcdfw.com/1LukR

ETA: at the .50 seconds of the video.

At the 46 second mark you can clearly see the light is coming from the head/helmet area. He/she is not carrying a flashlight. The light that is reflecting on the wall is at the same height as the light on the head. I can also see the light on his/her head as they walk down the hall.clip3.jpg

The object in the right hand is the object used to break the windows etc. which you can clearly see around the 43 second mark.

I've said the same thing. I don't think I would have called 911 but I would have thought it strange that her dome light was on with NO activity in 25 minutes...but I guess it would depend on which direction he/she parked (looking towards MB's truck or away) and how hard it was raining. I would think pouring rain, you would park as close to awning as possible but then again, I've been known to get somewhere early and park in back of a lot and pull closer when it was closer to time. I also wouldn't have been there 25 minutes early, lolol. In the evening yes, AM, I would have slept as late as possible :)

Yes, I would also since her battery could have drained in that length of time. Plus it's pitch black out and stormy. Does anyone leave their door open for over 25 minutes to use the restroom leaving their car door ajar? It would be a red flag to me. I might not call 911 immediately but I may proceed with extreme caution.

At the 46 second mark you can clearly see the light is coming from the head/helmet area. He/she is not carrying a flashlight. The light that is reflecting on the wall is at the same height as the light on the head. I can also see the light on his/her head as they walk down the hall.View attachment 93256

The object in the right hand is the object used to break the windows etc. which you can clearly see around the 43 second mark.

You can also see it as he/she comes out of room 12

At the 46 second mark you can clearly see the light is coming from the head/helmet area. He/she is not carrying a flashlight. The light that is reflecting on the wall is at the same height as the light on the head. I can also see the light on his/her head as they walk down the hall.View attachment 93256

Thanks for this. I agree 100% with your analysis.

It was interesting, but most of us here already knew more than the guy interviewed did with the exception of one thing lol. The only piece of new info was that the surveillance footage of Missy arriving came from a store across the street rather. And apparently speculation on the family's involvement is allowed in the podcasts because Tricia asked him if there was talk locally about the husband being involved and if there were rumors of marital issues. Yes on both counts but nothing more than rumors, he said.

Agreed

Questions:
Was she in Austin the week before the murder?
Does she have a family member that lives in Austin?
Has anyone done a comparative analysis of the family members' gate, body types, and sizes vs the perp video?
Was the weapon actually a rock/mining tool?
Does she have a family member that owns a rock/cement construction company?

I don't know if you listened to Tricia's show last night but the guest, Mr. Brooks, said that the gun store "across the street" (it's actually just down the street) captured Missy's truck so this MAY be where the grainy footage of the perp's car came from (I tend to think it was from an inside camera though.) I am just not sure...

I heard somewhere that Missy's wedding rings were still on and that nothing was taken. Not sure if that was rumor or not. Does anyone else have confirmation of that?

I believe some other posters noted that MB didn’t wear her ring when she was working out. More then likely she din’t even have the ring with her.

Thanks for reminding me about that gun store location inaccuracy. I was trying to remember all of the inaccuracies in that show. That one is right up there with him calling the church, “her" church. The guy lives 30 miles away and it was pretty obvious that he knew nothing about the area. At least he got it right that it’s on a major highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper