TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question I have about the video -- during this part. This moment is very interesting to me because this person didn't seem to know it was a half door until s/he opened it. Do you see how they open it and kind of look up, like, why did the top half not move? It's as if they didn't realize it was a half / half door. I am assuming this is the church nursery? That's usually where I see those types of doors in churches. I may be way off base but it looked to me like it kind of perplexed them for a half second.

door.jpg

What does the seemingly nonchalant nature of the killer roaming the halls tell us?

If you have rage and anger for Missy to want to kill her I wouldn't expect to see lackadaisical behavior. I feel like the person would have been more tense and in position vs wandering around the church.

This is why I just still sorta feel like it is a hit. This person looked like he/she was trying follow an assignment without being the one that wanted Missy dead.

But by tomorrow I will change my mind :confused:

It tells me they are patient and calculating and literally relishing every second of it, possibly rehearsing in their head how the actions will go down. I think the thrill of the hunt is almost as satisfying as the end result for this perp.

Here's something else to research. Besides the CG business MB was active in the Thrive nutrition business. At the Dateline NBC FB page, if you click on MB picture you go to the story regarding her murder. Read the comments. One person mentions that MB was the third person in that group to die recently. Because Thrive is multi level marketing you have a lot of competition there also. Money could be a motive too. Especially if MB was moving in on someone's "territory." MB would be the perfect person to sell Thrive. With her great body, etc. I bet people would be more then willing to do what she was doing to look that good.
JMO
Here's the link to the Dateline NBC FB page. https://www.facebook.com/datelinenbc/?fref=photo

Wowww! I did notice she was wearing the Thrive patches in almost every picture.

One of the reasons I doubt this is a woman is because the murder was a well thought out plan (I believe she was targeted). Statistically, men account for a huge majority of known murderers. If a women were to kill like this, it would probably be spontaneous crime of passion.

And then there's the strength it would have taken. You'd have to be a fit, strong woman to get the jump on MB. And yet the figure looks doughy, not buff.

Maybe the perp stuffed the belly with a clean set of clothes to a) disguise his physique; and b) to change into before leaving. He may even have had a napsack underneath his chest protector to hold the tools.
Yes, thank GOD all of us women are so scattered, unorganized and too weak to ever plan something like this out. :facepalm:

You might want to do some more research. There have been MANY women that have planned out more elaborate murders than men could ever think of. Also, we don't know what type of body the perp has since s/he is layered in so much gear. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what size you are, if you ambush someone with a hammer to the head, the person will get hurt and fall.

I don't get why some posts are saying that this perp is so methodical, planning and diabolical. :hilarious:

Like I said in another post, to me, she looks disorganized, nonchalant, and frankly disinterested in the tasks s/he's doing. "Ho-hum, I think I'll just break the glass over here.." and "La-dee-da, I'll half-assed try to get this door open..it won't open? Oh well...moving on..."

One final point: Statistics are dangerous to Law Enforcement. I'm glad LE is looking at this case as it is and not putting it into some neat little box that everyone thinks it should go in.

And no, I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. :D

Also how they open doors is domething firefighter or LE do when entering building!!

Another question I have about the video -- during this part. This moment is very interesting to me because this person didn't seem to know it was a half door until s/he opened it. Do you see how they open it and kind of look up, like, why did the top half not move? It's as if they didn't realize it was a half / half door. I am assuming this is the church nursery? That's usually where I see those types of doors in churches. I may be way off base but it looked to me like it kind of perplexed them for a half second.

attachment.php

I discount this as most split doors are probably locked together most of the times. I see this as more of the helmet he/she was wearing impeded his sight. The door had an obvious split, but they were looking down at the knob and after opening looked up to see the upper door still in the way.

Y'all probably already know this but I've been reviewing videos on this case and in this video the news reporter covering one of the videos of the perp walking around the building states that the tool seen in the video was found next to the body of Missy Bevers.
http://linkis.com/www.nbcdfw.com/1LukR

ETA: at the .50 seconds of the video.

Checked with hubby again (my on-site building code source ;) ). That was a typo - thanks for catching it (going on memory from Thread 2!)

Standard interior doors (nonresidential, such as this church) = 7'-0" (see what I did there? :eek: ) = 84" OR 6'8" = 80"

I'm trying to do mostly reading today. Obviously need to give the brain a break...

I knew it was a typo just trying to help. I knew what you meant just thought you might want to know. LOL

Thank you lonetraveler
I had not seen that video and didn't know that LE have the weapon that they believe he/she was carrying around

I'm just about caught up from last night. But if we're still talking about the gait, I feel like (at this point) it's likely it was a show for the cameras. Of course LE hasn't been saying all that much. They might know who it is and are still gathering evidence? But I feel like it is a very distinctive walk and would've been recognized by someone. If no one has, or the people who do walk like that have been cleared, then possibly the perp was just walking like that for the cameras.

As for the hammer. It appears to be more of a regular hammer, but when it's zoomed in it definitely could be the halligan tool.

Iunchbox, I also thought the same thing when I first watched the video. It could be like ZacksDad said, and it's that they were confused the door didn't move as one.

Sorry if I'm being confusing! And I have no clue how to quote multiple people on tapatalk so sorry about that.
Here's hoping for new information and an arrest soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the tool looks like a "rockhound" tool. Our perp may be a rotund person with a peculiar gait (right foot turned out) who is either a professional geologist or hobbyist and had a motive to kill.

Y'all probably already know this but I've been reviewing videos on this case and in this video the news reporter covering one of the videos of the perp walking around the building states that the tool seen in the video was found next to the body of Missy Bevers.
http://linkis.com/www.nbcdfw.com/1LukR

ETA: at the .50 seconds of the video.

I'd like to know if that was true as that would be pretty obvious to whoever found her that she was murdered. It's been reported that EMS had determined a 'struggle' had taken place, but I wonder what was said to 911 and if the campers fled the scene or stayed on scene. I'd be worried that the murderer was still on-premises and could kill me as well if that's how she was found.

I haven't seen this posted, but for what it's worth...

"Oak Farms Dairy has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible for Mrs. Bevers’ death."

(This is according to the Midlothian PD FB page)

Marketing at it’s finest. They do that on all high profile cases. They have already gotten more then $10,000 in free advertising from this case, and they may never have to pay a penny for it.

Not necessarily bad, just saying.

Thank you lonetraveler
I had not seen that video and didn't know that LE have the weapon that they believe he/she was carrying around
Yes, I had not heard either that LE had the possible weapon.

A friend of mine told me that MB had been going business to business passing out flyers the week before she was murdered. The poi might not even be from Midlothian but neighboring towns. I know she was from Red Oak and not Midlo but I'm sure she also passed out flyers in all of those neighboring towns, so maybe that's why it's also taking a while to find the poi if it's not a family member or close person in her circle from Midlothian?

I'd like to know if that was true as that would be pretty obvious to whoever found her that she was murdered. It's been reported that EMS had determined a 'struggle' had taken place, but I wonder what was said to 911 and if the campers fled the scene or stayed on scene. I'd be worried that the murderer was still on-premises and could kill me as well if that's how she was found.

I too was wondering if 'LE having the tool' has been mentioned or confirmed anywhere else.

Yes, thank GOD all of us women are so scattered, unorganized and too weak to ever plan something like this out. :facepalm:

You might want to do some more research. There have been MANY women that have planned out more elaborate murders than men could ever think of. Also, we don't know what type of body the perp has since s/he is layered in so much gear. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what size you are, if you ambush someone with a hammer to the head, the person will get hurt and fall.

I don't get why some posts are saying that this perp is so methodical, planning and diabolical. :hilarious:

Like I said in another post, to me, she looks disorganized, nonchalant, and frankly disinterested in the tasks s/he's doing. "Ho-hum, I think I'll just break the glass over here.." and "La-dee-da, I'll half-assed try to get this door open..it won't open? Oh well...moving on..."

One final point: Statistics are dangerous to Law Enforcement. I'm glad LE is looking at this case as it is and not putting it into some neat little box that everyone thinks it should go in.

And no, I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. :D

If you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I've been there all week. This case is like a magnet for gender stereotypes, including the idea that some other woman would be jealous enough of Missy merely *being in shape* to kill her. That's not a specifically feminine trait, that's just called being a psychopath.

And as for "a woman would never plan a complicated, violent murder", hello Jodi Arias--and that's just for starters.

So many other examples I've seen. This one is making people a little loopy. :/

I'm not so sure that the suspect knew there were cameras inside the church until it was too late (he/she was already captured on them). I think if they would have known beforehand, disguise or not, that they wouldn't have spent so much time on them. Each second they were captured on camera can provide LE with more potential clues, leads, etc.

Most all public buildings have security cameras. Of course the suspect knew there were cameras, thats why he was keeping his face covered. There were probably signs on the doors warning that the building was protected by security cameras. The suspect didn’t care how much he was filmed.

Yes, I had not heard either that LE had the possible weapon.

No weapon(s) or cod (or other possible cod) has been stated by LE and I feel like the campers involved have also been told to not speak about it as well.....veryyyyyy frustrating!!! So I hope that they're close to finding poi, but I also have to say that some of us still feel safe in our town, we're just more cautious now and I know we were a little careless before because nothing ever happens here.....

Marketing at it’s finest. They do that on all high profile cases. They have already gotten more then $10,000 in free advertising from this case, and they may never have to pay a penny for it.

Not necessarily bad, just saying.

I think this has been discussed, but....FYI - While there are certainly PR benefits, to be fair, Oak Dairy Farms started doing this a long time ago after a man who worked in one of their convenience stores was killed during a robbery and their reward helped bring about info that solved the case. It's not solely a heartless marketing strategy. Theres still hope in the world! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper