TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but ISTM that the planning that it must have taken to do this job would have taken more than a day or two. And someone would have to be familiar with MB's routine.

Oh, I definitely agree with you. I think this had been planned for quite a while. I think something happened on the Austin trip that made the perp feel (in their convoluted mind) that they HAD to act and couldn't put it off any longer

I think the shirt was to test the waters and see if LE was still investigating any family.

Someone at the cleaners reported the blood stained shirts to LE. Why would they be testing LE response?

Good point. Ponder this: The police finger some suspect, completely unrelated to the family. Evidence is circumstantial at best. If police didn't test the FIL dry-cleaning shirt, the defense would point to it as possible evidence pointing to family involvement, thereby attempting to raise reasonable doubt that the accused did it.

Of course
the police have to test the blood on the shirt, for many reasons. Even if they're positive beyond any doubt that the FIL had no involvement at all.

Completely agree

Maybe this has been discussed before (love how fast the threads are moving but having trouble keeping up) but has there been any mention of the police checking video footage of the church in the days/weeks leading up to Terri's murder? I would imagine that the murderer cased the church/did a walk-through beforehand. Even if they were familiar with the church because they attended services there or took fitness classes there, I'd still think they would have spent some time wandering the facility alone planning for that morning.

Agree. Especially someone caught previously admiring the door and latches and touching the glass to feel its thickness. So the perp would be seen in these same areas during a day visit. Jmo

<modsnip>

I haven't ever had to make this choice, thank god. My decision would depend on the cost of the shirt. I would probably try to wash it myself though unless it was silk. Usually Oxyclean will get organic matter out of a cotton blouse.
I have taken expensive blouses to the cleaners. They are traveling. Probably only brought a few outfits. Keep in mind that the cleaners stated that an attempt had been made to clean it already. So perhaps hopeful that the cleaners could get out what they couldn't. This is assuming they are honest.
If they are lying it's possible they cleaned human blood then covered with animal blood to hide it and hoped that the cleaners would believe them. Perhaps a way to hide it out of concern that their trash being watched. Paranoia can make people do stupid things, make mistakes.

No No No. I said it before and will say it again. The area is actually more rural than most think and that road is ASBSOLUTELY NOT CROWDED BEFORE 5AM, period and end of story.

Not crowded, okay. But is it completely empty?

I think the shirt was to test the waters and see if LE was still investigating any family.
Possibly, of course they had to investigate it, it would be remiss of them otherwise. I just don't see how or why the FIL would kill his DIL. He has a great life, seems to be crazy about his wife, they travel. Why risk all of that. Nope not very likely IMO.

I am very intrigued by the silence of her side of the family though. As though they have been advised by LE to just let it play out because they have their eye in someone. Have they even come out in support of their SIL? Their silence is deafening. Also, perhaps the Bevers were separated? That thought has been niggling at me for days now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Someone at the cleaners reported the blood stained shirts to LE. Why would they be testing LE response?

Because I think the fil personally mentioned that he was the fil of the lady that just got bludgeon to death by an unknown perp and my son still hasn't been entirely cleared by LE. But no worries; It's only dog blood.

Now what time will the shirt be ready. Idk. He could have been baiting to see. Jmo

Because I think the fil personally mentioned that he was the fil of the lady that just got bludgeon to death by an unknown perp and my son still hasn't been entirely cleared by LE. But no worries; It's only dog blood.

Now what time will the shirt be ready. Idk.

Maybe Randy told them to call LE and report the blood stained Shirts.

Curious why BB's page states he lives in Ovilla and MB's states she lived on Red Oak. Those two towns are side by side but are different towns.

When I worked and wore nice clothes, I took shirts in. But this is a Laura Scott shirt. That's a low-end brand. Sears carries it. With some blood stains and the cost of maybe $4 to launder with questionable results, it was probably better suited as a cleaning rag. But these people were out of town so maybe a trip to the dry cleaners was easier than a trip to Sears or Walmart.

Anywoo..... I still can't get over LE saying they are winding down over the weekend. Even if they were responding to media inquiries and really were allowing some personnel to take a break, why would they share such a thing to the public? I cannot think of any case where such a statement was made within 2 short weeks after such a brutal, frightening and puzzling murder. Can anyone think of a similar LE communication?

It would make sense if they are ready to strike tomorrow. And know the murderer won't go whacko today. I guess that would shoot down my theory it's a nutter psycho video-gaming stranger. Boy, can't wait until tomorrow! :copcar:

I thought the same. It would have been cheaper, and easier to toss it out go to a local Sears or Target and buy a few new cheap shirts.
If I was scared to throw out a bloody t-shirt I'd take it to LE myself to explain the dogfight. I wouldn't discuss it in the media at all.
I highly doubt the police asked them to talk to the media, but I could be wrong.

Scroll and roll.
Contact the mod for an inappropriate post.
Replying to an inapproriate post only makes more work for the mods to clean up.

IMOO.

I think in the presser he was happy that they called per due diligence. But not at his request.

Well is possible he faked happiness.
If he is grieving at all, he's done a good job of faking happiness- laughing and smiling, along with his son.
Is also possible that taking bloody shirt to cleaners was classic misdirection. Of course LE would be prepared for that.

I think they are traveling. Aren't they in the area from out of town? Staying with friends or relatives?

And yes, I agree with you that it's not true that one bloody shirt is with LE and one is at the cleaner's. That makes zero sense, but I can't figure out the reason for that slip of the tongue.

The FIL lives in Austin, so was according to his own words staying with another relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlennOthram