TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article this answers about timestamps - they're approximate and were added by the police in trying to reconstruct things:
Video surveillance times are approximate, police said.

What i found interesting is that they didnt have a warrant for her phone and IPAD until around 5pm the following day. Had someone fiddled with it since then? removing or hiding that last post from the night before.

I don't think the cops are going to like that. As it says they intend to look through her social media.
They may have had the phone and iPad in their possession but not been able to access it due to the security settings on the phone. I wondered at first too, then realized no one would be able to access my phone without my fingerprint or passcode.

Possibly so, but those are also the vital areas that an attacker would target for maximum damage.

That's my thought, too. With enough force, in the correct area, a blow/puncture to the head and/or chest (heart, lungs) have a good chance of being lethal. Striking her in both head and chest seems to me like they wanted to be sure the job is done.

Most recent search warrant - Missy's iPhone and iPad. I downloaded and converted so it is now searchable. Feel free to download if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• Search Warrant _phone_ipad.pdf
    417.6 KB · Views: 94
That's interesting. Some people had wondered if the tools actually belonged to the church. Now, who would know that the church had tools and where they were kept?

To make puncture wounds, the tool has to be sharp enough to penetrate and small enough to leave a wound classified as puncture. The weapon isn't so big that COD was blunt-force. I'm thinking small and pointy.

Hammer claw, pick, screwdriver, scissors?

Speculating only.

They may have had the phone and iPad in their possession but not been able to access it due to the security settings on the phone. I wondered at first too, then realized no one would be able to access my phone without my fingerprint or passcode.

I believe LE has said that the phone wasn't password protected

I remember reading doors were propped open (in video). Does anyone know if it were the doors where her car was parked? If so, why enter unless she was expecting someone else with a key to arrive before her? It's sickening to think someone she knew and trusted ambushed her.

Except if LE goes to the Isreali company that knows how to do that.

Digital/electronic footprints never disappear & are entirely retrievable!

Why doesn't Mr. B. Bevers just stay OFF Facebook? And why read those God awful posts. And then respond?!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Except if LE goes to the Isreali company that knows how to do that.

Digital/electronic footprints never disappear & are entirely retrievable!
Well, yes, of course the police could with proper help. I was thinking of non-LE like my family, friends, etc. Someone else said that the phone was possibly not password protected? That probably means she was not having an affair. :thinking:

Sorry about the late reply. I'm in AUS so everyone is sleuthing while I'm sleeping. [emoji20]

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he also the first one to say he didn't think she had been specifically targeted and that it was a robbery gone bad?

Just speculating of course, because I'm not inside BB's head, but it's my opinion that initially he didn't believe she was targeted (as in, she was so wonderful and well loved, no one would want to hurt her) combined with the destruction to the church building -- I think initially he believed what appeared to be a robbery gone bad. Perhaps now knowing the heinous nature in which she died, he might have come to the realization (as a lot of us here on WS have) that this was indeed personal. If Missy was the intended target, and she's now gone, it wouldn't be unreasonable IMHO for BB to think his children are not at risk. Again, this is just my opinion (which, as always, is subject to change).

That's my thought, too. With enough force, in the correct area, a blow/puncture to the head and/or chest (heart, lungs) have a good chance of being lethal. Striking her in both head and chest seems to me like they wanted to be sure the job is done.

If this was targeted, this would take a whole lot of self-confidence and actual ability to do where you are able to kill a fitness instructor before they either get the best of you or run away as all Missy had to do was break free and outrun the encumbered perp, which you could do at least temporarily even if you were hurt. I still wonder if she was shot to disable her with it being a non life threatening wound, so not showing up here on her cause of death. If there was no gun involved, I think the perp's athletic abilities have been greatly underestimated.

If this was targeted, this would take a whole lot of self-confidence and actual ability to do where you are able to kill a fitness instructor before they either get the best of you or run away as all Missy had to do was break free and outrun the encumbered perp, which you could do at least temporarily even if you were hurt. I still wonder if she was shot to disable her with it being a non life threatening wound, so not showing up here on her cause of death. If there was no gun involved, I think the perp's athletic abilities have been greatly underestimated.

Or, the perp hit her on the head immediately, which disabled her but didn't kill her. Then the perp proceed to inflict the puncture wounds that were the actual COD

?

I think it's saying tools were recovered from the church... IMO

I remember reading doors were propped open (in video). Does anyone know if it were the doors where her car was parked? If so, why enter unless she was expecting someone else with a key to arrive before her? It's sickening to think someone she knew and trusted ambushed her.

Yes, I had posted something on that earlier. Someone else on here who does CG says sometimes doors are propped open when they go inside, so I wonder if Missy thought there was another CG trainer there who was helping to set up. Those doors in the video are by the side entrance where she was parked. This could have been a current or former CG trainer, especially hearing that this was done by hand, though I haven't ruled out that there could have also been a disabling bullet wound that isn't in the report because it was non life threatening injury, like to the legs.

What i found interesting is that they didnt have a warrant for her phone and IPAD until around 5pm the following day. Had someone fiddled with it since then? removing or hiding that last post from the night before.

I don't think the cops are going to like that. As it says they intend to look through her social media.

The can recover anything.

why would someone want to murder Missy? Still haven't heard info to provide a motive. Clearly not a burglary not random but why?Hard to believe other than the fitness male friend saying she wasn't herself that no one seems to know anything. Again this makes me think back to her inner circle; it was very personal
BEVOP....The way you wrote "fitness male friend"....uh oh. I never even considered that aspect. Friendly & vivacious lady, to everyone....but she is "quiet around him."
Maybe she was trying to avoid conversation with that person, specifically? (Oh geez, everyone is a suspect until LE TELLS US OTHERWISE!)

Why doesn't Mr. B. Bevers just stay OFF Facebook? And why read those God awful posts. And then respond?!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Missy's MIL has posted on the post as well.

You make some goods points. It is possible that the perp hid until Missy entered the room, was able to catch her by surprise and was able to deliver a blow sufficient to incapacitate her. Risky, but possible.

Since so far we've heard COD was puncture wounds, I'm thinking a gun was not involved? It that's indeed the case, I agree with you about the perp's physical prowess. I haven't read every single post, but we know there was a helmet and gloves. There was some speculation as to whether the perp wore knee pads or hockey shorts. The helmet and gloves fit with the disguise, but would also serve as protection, as would the knee pads/hockey shorts (if the exist). That seems to suggest he or she knew Missy and expected a fight, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper