TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the perp turns the headlamp on as he goes all the way down the hallway and out of view. Because when he opens the dutch doors they do not have the headlamp turned on, but then when they come back up the hallway towards those doors it looks like the headlamp is on. But there are 2 parts of the video where certain light reflections and movement make me positive they have a headlamp on but I cannot really make out the headlamp on the helmet. I will try to make more gifs to show each of these times I am talking about. But it might have to wait to tomorrow, Sorry.

That itself wasn't unusual, but in this same press conference he said he didn't want to hear what was in the warrant and didn't know. I would think that he would have known that immediately. People on this board knowing more than the husband doesn't jibe with me.

Maybe BB is innocent but maybe...just maybe there is someone in his past or even present that he screwed over. Maybe he keeps going in to LE to see if they know about this yet...just fishing. He cannot stand to hear how she was killed. I also do not think he's the killer but he is sure showing signs of guilt.

Example... Years ago a woman was stealing from a store my husband managed. No one would have suspected this woman. She and her husband were friends of ours. We started to notice a pattern. She would call me every time after the money was taken. What did I know, wasn't it awful....blah blah blah. Long story short it ended up being her. Some people process guilt in unnatural, to us, ways. JMO

I don't think so. See where the EXIT sign is? That's the entrance Missy used to go in the church. So, I think where the perp is going would be the sanctuary....across from the dutch door. If I am understanding the floorplan correctly.

Which just made me think. :thinking: Did the perp turn on the headlamp so he could go into the sanctuary and wait for Missy without turning the lights on? Everyone has been back and forth about the head lamp because we didn't see it in most of the footage. Only at this point can you see that bright light and yes, I know some believe it's a flashlight! ;) But, it would answer the question of why he/she turned it on?! I still believe (MOO) that Missy was murdered in the sanctuary so that might explain the "light" (whatever it is) being turned on.

I don't know...just thinking out loud.

ETA: Boots, this is the hallway right next to the "awning entrance" if that helps at all!

I wrote something a bit too awful to post about the actual murder - but one of those elements of surprise attack is the advantage of darkness. Missy enters feeling safe, all normal, goes into sanctuary (auditorium) right where the killer is entering, he is waiting in the dark, his eyes are adjusting to the dark. Missy probably has to switch on the lights, inside the doors? and the killer would stop her from doing that to keep the darkness. He could also have that helmet light, or affixed a small flashlight to his vest, turning it on to blind Missy in the dark. jmo stray thoughts

I wrote something a bit too awful to post about the actual murder - but one of those elements of surprise attack is the advantage of darkness. Missy enters feeling safe, all normal, goes into sanctuary (auditorium) right where the killer is entering, he is waiting in the dark, his eyes are adjusting to the dark. Missy probably has to switch on the lights, inside the doors? and the killer would stop her from doing that to keep the darkness. He could also have that helmet light, or affixed a small flashlight to his vest, turning it on to blind Missy in the dark. jmo stray thoughts

Good statement. She was in an area with a lot of room to run. She was also very athletic. How did the killer surprise/stop her?

Just a pausible theory for now. Nothing more.

Is that a cross between "possible" and "plausible"?

I don't mind the coming up with creative theories, but do (personally) think we should draw the line at throwing out stuff like 'did she discover who was stealing at their company' - when such stealing has also not been brought in here as a documented fact.

Otherwise, I'll call it what it is...gossip. Plain and simple. And that's damaging at its worst, and unhelpful at its best.

No, you're correct. That would be the sanctuary, and the SouthWest corner, correct me if I am wrong? The kitchen is on the opposite end. So, you are right. That is most likely where s/he waited for Missy. Maybe s/he did keep the sanctuary dark and didn't turn the lights on? I don't think there are cameras in the sanctuary. Or maybe there are cameras, but s/he didn't turn the lights on in fear of activating the camera?

I don't know either... thinking out loud with you. :wink:

Hmmm....I honestly didn't think of that. Would motion detector cameras not record if there's not a light on? I haven't heard any information about there being cameras (or not being cameras) in any of the rooms or the sanctuary so I think I just assumed they were all in the hallways. Probably because we heard LE say early on that Missy's murder wasn't caught on the footage so I guess that's why I always believed Missy was murdered in the sanctuary. I know that LE saying the "SW corner" doesn't tell us anything specific about the location but this has just always been my theory. Plus, if the perp thought she was going to do the class inside, I would think he/she'd expect it to be in there. I didn't realize that the part of the footage where we were all going back and forth about the flashlight vs. headlamp could possibly be when the perp enters the sanctuary.

But then, LE says that they have Missy on the footage walking into the church and down the hallway "towards the suspect" so that might not be the case at all if they can't see him in the sanctuary. Even though from what arkansasmimi told me, there are entrances to the sanctuary on each hallway around the building. 8 I think?

Still thinking out loud....thank you for joining me! ;)

Is that a cross between "possible" and "plausible"?

I don't mind the coming up with creative theories, but do (personally) think we should draw the line at throwing out stuff like 'did she discover who was stealing at their company' - when such stealing has also not been brought in here as a documented fact.

Otherwise, I'll call it what it is...gossip. Plain and simple. And that's damaging at its worst, and unhelpful at its best.

I would reply. But I don't know what I'm replying to since you left out what my 1 second post was discussing to begin with. Jmo.

So please elaborate more and I will jump in.

Especially if you snipped a post that I made pages ago. Thanks.

Being lazy here......can/could someone post a larger map of the church and out to maybe 3-5 miles? I am wondering how many homes are situated near the church.
Thanks in advance.

I feel like it is the FIL too. The walk, build, and face from the black & white picture of the suspect are all just too close to the FIL.

Couple that with the nature of the crime. It is rare that someone in disguise would take a pick axe to a female stranger rather than just escaping. That manner of murder screams intimate relationship gone bad.

Possibly, but i still think the perp had a military training of some kind so it was a thrill in itself along with the rage and anger the perp had........

still think it was a male who had a thing for Missy and she brushed it off.....she was attractive,fit and kind and this was probably way all over her head to deal with this....

sometimes when ppl are kind they cant get rid of a pest so easily...... she was very sociable

that enhance picture that was on the last thread showed a young set of eyes....

perhaps the perp got booted out of a military org such as the marines or air force since so many youth today sign up for that opportunity, the perp got discharged and then after hitting on Missy who rejected him cause him to freak.....

facial and head puncture wounds equal "i hate you" marks....

MOO

I wonder if shooting a gun in the air is fairly common or mostly uncommon in the city limits of Midlothian?

I would say not super common but not uncommon enough to get a lot of attention. I live in a similar sized small town on the outskirts of DFW , same as Midlothian, and hearing gunfire does not raise an eyebrow out here.

ETA I do not live right near a school, however.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Starry Night Being lazy here......can/could someone post a larger map of the church and out to maybe 3-5 miles? I am wondering how many homes are situated near the church.
Thanks in advance.

Just one house across the highway, there aren't any homes near the church other than that one (across).

Please Remember No Sleuthing of BB or the Family.

That includes businesses, homes, anything that has not been reveal in mainstream media or on his personal FB page.

You can comment on what BB said in the media and what he has posted on his personal FB page. You can make observations about anyone in the family who has been in mainstream media but you cannot sleuth them.

Thank you,
Tricia

Could we all be over-thinking this crime? Should we dumb it down and if so-to what degree? Simple burglary (for money, electronics, copper etc.)?

If someone murdered my loved one I absolutely would want to know exactly what happened. Not wanting to know seems like not wanting to face the reality- maybe because it is too painful or because maybe he already knows........ and has no reason to read it........perhaps they briefed him.
It is a rageful hit -up close and personal; It is definitely someone in her inner circle; aware of her movements; her schedule her departures...and someone who hated her and plotted.....it was planned.....oh and alibis are also planned. Where is Missy's own family in this or her girlfriends. Who is speaking for her? There seems to be missing a clear voice for her.Like We need to catch this SOB that killed Missy versus I am at peace with God. Its not about YOU
Who is giving voice to the victim and actually why isn't someone?

Don't think the biz p,as I to anything. Small mom and pop distributor. I'm in the biz. Has anyone commented on or figured out what the box in suspects left hand was when pounding the sheet rock with Hammer in right. Suspect entered room across the hall w/out, came back with. Was only in there for seconds. White box black markings.???

I would say not super common but not uncommon enough to get a lot of attention. I live in a similar sized small town on the outskirts of DFW , same as Midlothian, and hearing gunfire does not raise an eyebrow out here.

ETA I do not live right near a school, however.

I'm very curious about this incident and I hope we learn a little more about the details. I have come to believe it may be a local, but this is my opinion. They don't do lock downs (even soft lock downs) without good reason. May or may not be related at all but this seems like a pretty peaceful place.

Could we all be over-thinking this crime? Should we dumb it down and if so-to what degree? Simple burglary (for money, electronics, copper etc.)?

We probably are over-thinking, Starry. But, I don't know if anyone could convince me that this was ever a burglary either. I don't know....I may need to go back and review everything we have so far. All of the facts are getting a little hazy for me!

I just cannot wrap my head around burglary because the killer had plenty of time to take something and leave.JMO. The way she was killed makes me think the killer was very angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay