TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, Way over. No offense to anyone. I applaud everyone here on what they are doing. I'm new here, and have read every post in every thread. For me it has gone so far from the known facts, and rumor and conjecture has branched into the realm of completely unreasonable and unproductive. I know I'm new, so please don't let me step on anyone's toes here, but may I suggest a reset. Maybe even someone who's not so new here to navigate the direction when it starts to get way into the mystery novel zone. Again, with all due respect, this is no less than bizzare, but what do we actually know. Where, when, who, how, what?

You definitely make a good point Chuck! As for mystery novel zone.....I think we've all been on cases here that were someone's reality but they sounded like a horror story written for Hollywood, so ya just never know what's gonna happen! So, sometimes---this is just how our brains work. We expect the worst but hope for the best!

We can go a little overboard sometimes though. ;) We probably do need a reset so that we can get back to what we know. Thank you for the reminder to stay on track and get back to what we know!!

I just cannot wrap my head around burglary because the killer had plenty of time to take something and leave.JMO. The way she was killed makes me think the killer was very angry

How about 'desperate'?

Bolded by me

Desperate, possibly! What are you thinking?

Interesting idea, SpanishI. Would think the private airport would have records of take offs and landings, that could be easily verified.

IMHO
We own a small plane and hangar it at a municipal airport. There is no record kept of planes coming or going. My 17 year old flies almost daily to neighboring airports, and those landings are not recorded either.

women homicide victims are predominantly killed by their spouses
This is a premeditated murder.

Interesting idea, SpanishI. Would think the private airport would have records of take offs and landings, that could be easily verified.

IMHO

We own a small plane and hangar it at a municipal airport. There is no record kept of planes coming or going. My 17 year old flies almost daily to neighboring airports, and those landings are not recorded either.

Wowzers! Okay. That's good to know.

My initial thoughts was this was a hit. And I'm still not convinced of any theory really. When hiring a hit you would think the method would be a lot more quick and simple.Plus who in her life would pay or have connections for such a thing. The mannerisms of the killer seem more inexperienced than that of a pro. And who picks a hammer for a hit? Seems risky.

Happening along a burglary makes sense but nothing was taken. Pair that with the overkill outfit and seeming cool collected behavior in the halls, and I can't convince myself of this theory either.

I guess that's leading me down the road that this person is the one who wanted her dead and came up with a hair brained idea that unfortunately has worked.

My initial thought was a "hit" as well. But, then like you--I wondered if someone who wasn't personally involved would show up so early and do all the things that this perp did. Why wouldn't they show up, murder Missy and then just leave? Same with burglary--it sounded plausible but they didn't take anything so we can't say that was their initial reason for being there either. Vandalism? Maybe. But, you wouldn't think that someone who was there just to vandalize a church and "have some fun in a costume" would commit murder. Murder by someone she knew, is the only thing that makes sense to me. I don't know what the motive is though. I don't even have an opinion on that yet.

I think you and I are on the same page (at least right now).

The knives that plug in and move? I remember those from when I was young. I think my grandfather used one on the hams and turkeys during the holidays. Is that what you mean? YIKES. :notgood:

Or, do you mean one of those boxes that you sharpen knives with?

They have ones now that are cordless but yes that's what I mean.

I believe so. That's so odd, but now that you mention it, we had o e to. Not sure , but could be. That's been one of my biggest " what's up with that" moments in the video, along with why suspect is smacking the wall with the hammer. And not really smacking it with any real force. ??

BBM

I think that the perp is smacking a window insert in a door there. It looks like chips of glass that are landing on the floor. We don't see what he/she does after that.

To me, it looks like he is grabbing for that same shoulder like when we thought he had a police radio on his shoulder talking to some one before. If there was an accomplice maybe he is being told she is coming and he is getting into position JMO

To me, it appears both hands are reaching up towards something. Something like sliding panels and not doors. I believe he does have a headlamp on because if you watch his left hand it is moving forward and up and has no illumination. As soon as his head looks up and briefly to the left, you see a LINE of light stretching across his helmet and also reflecting the same on the wall.

I beleive he has been in that church before but not at night and not alone. He had no idea what kind of light he would experience under low level emergency lighting. He also knew the sanctuary would be pitch black and he needed his hands free.

These are just my opinions.

YES, Way over. No offense to anyone. I applaud everyone here on what they are doing. I'm new here, and have read every post in every thread. For me it has gone so far from the known facts, and rumor and conjecture has branched into the realm of completely unreasonable and unproductive. I know I'm new, so please don't let me step on anyone's toes here, but may I suggest a reset. Maybe even someone who's not so new here to navigate the direction when it starts to get way into the mystery novel zone. Again, with all due respect, this is no less than bizzare, but what do we actually know. Where, when, who, how, what?

The problem is that we know very little, so that opens up a lot of permutations in filling in the blanks. When about the only thing that is agreed upon is that the perp is somewhere around 5' 8" and there isn't agreement on weight or even gender that leaves a lot open. Also we don't know when or how the perp arrived nor when or how the perp left and there has been no cause of death released plus you throw in that external security cameras weren't recording for an undisclosed reason and the murder happened off-camera and the COD nor the 911 tapes have been released. None of the "Where, when, who, how, what" is known as we're still guessing where in the building it took place amongst the many other things that aren't publicly known, so we're left to fill in the blanks. Just from the recent release it's not clear if the perp used his tools, the church's tools or a combination of both and if such tools were used whether they were the actual COD.

The problem is that we know very little, so that opens up a lot of permutations in filling in the blanks. When about the only thing that is agreed upon is that the perp is somewhere around 5' 8" and there isn't agreement on weight or even gender that leaves a lot open. Also we don't know when or how the perp arrived nor when or how the perp left and there has been no cause of death released plus you throw in that external security cameras weren't recording for an undisclosed reason and the murder happened off-camera and the COD nor the 911 tapes have been released. None of the "Where, when, who, how, what" is known as we're still guessing where in the building it took place amongst the many other things that aren't publicly known, so we're left to fill in the blanks. Just from the recent release it's not clear if the perp used his tools, the church's tools or a combination of both and if such tools were used whether they were the actual COD.

I wish PD would clear somethings up in some sort of statement. The warrants were nice but almost gave us more questions than answers.

If someone murdered my loved one I absolutely would want to know exactly what happened. Not wanting to know seems like not wanting to face the reality- maybe because it is too painful or because maybe he already knows........ and has no reason to read it........perhaps they briefed him.
It is a rageful hit -up close and personal; It is definitely someone in her inner circle; aware of her movements; her schedule her departures...and someone who hated her and plotted.....it was planned.....oh and alibis are also planned. Where is Missy's own family in this or her girlfriends. Who is speaking for her? There seems to be missing a clear voice for her.Like We need to catch this SOB that killed Missy versus I am at peace with God. Its not about YOU
Who is giving voice to the victim and actually why isn't someone?

Excellent post! It would be nice to hear from one of her siblings or close friends. Something is missing and it's like the other shoe is about to drop..

what puzzles me is...in looking at google street view of the church - there is only one drive in/out. I would think that surely one of the early arriving "campers" would have seen this vehicle leaving the church as they were arriving.

The folks here have made some amazing progress based on such a limited amount of I formation. I am nothing short of amazed. Coupled with what has been released, discounting the local rumor and hear say, thus far we know where the suspect entered the building, what he/she was wearing, what he/she was carrying, (thanks to all the people here who have poster schematics and hashed what rooms are what and what halls are where) we pretty much know where the suspect traveled within the church and at what times. We know the amount of time the suspect had time commit the murder, and escape. What we don't know, is how he/she got there or left, although based on LE ' S comments about video of what in their own words they believe to be the suspects car. I think k we can reasonably speculate that it was, as who else is could it have Belonged get to? It is also on video, from interior camera so we know it was parked close. We don't know the motive, and we don't know what suspect picked up in kitchen just before pounding sheet rock with the hammer.

Howdy folks. I've been off since this morning. Can I get an update? Much grass.

what puzzles me is...in looking at google street view of the church - there is only one drive in/out. I would think that surely one of the early arriving "campers" would have seen this vehicle leaving the church as they were arriving.

Depends on where they parked.

I still think there was plenty of time for the perp to kill MB, get in his car and leave before the first camper arrived.

Yes, that's what I thought, but it's been a long time since I've flown in someone's private plane. That's why I've seen the airport as very appealing since you could come from anywhere and go anywhere with minimal records kept and you could do all this without ever having to go on the highway. What could really answer some questions would be if someone knows a person who has a FlightAware account to see what flights were happening around that time of the murder:
https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KJWY

Depends on where they parked.

I still think there was plenty of time for the perp to kill MB, get in his car and leave before the first camper arrived.

I agree, especially since it was dark and raining. The perp probably wouldn't have been seen in those conditions and neither would the car if one isn't expecting it. The car might not have had the headlights on when it exited the church parking lot (assuming it was parked at the church) and who is going to be able to read the license plate or even note the make, model, or color of a car driving in the dark during a thunderstorm?

We need another update directly from PD. The warrants have come from record requests by media, am I correct? And the only statement directly from PD since then has been squashing the rumors of an arrest. How about coming out and squashing some of the other rumors that may or may not be going around.

As much as I would love an update as well, I think the silence is working in their favor...or I'm being overly optimistic and they have nothing.

IMHO

My Mr. works for the Federal Aviation Administration. He says practices vary by regional airport, but most do not track who flies in and out—and the FAA does not require them to—as long as they are using visual flight rules. If the pilot files a flight plan with the tower or airport, however, then tail number is recorded.

Love, money or revenge.

I'm going with the first one (today), I just can't decide who was having a fling with who.

Call me greedy, I'm thinking all three could (possibly) be in the mix. Sprinkled generously with some CMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd