TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me going on foot to the airport actually seems the safest. The MPD is a small town police force, so they don't exactly have a lot of resources and would need to have a reason to direct their limited resources to finding footprints in the dirt, which even if they did think they found footprints, those could be old and I don't think they have any K9 scenthounds as there's no mention of any K9s on the force. LE can easily get patrol cars on scene to pull people over in vehicles, but tracking people on foot is a deliberate decision that I don't think the small town force could make without good reason. Eventually LE might get info from the airport, but by the time that comes back the perp is long gone. The proximity of the airport to me undercuts anyone's alibi since whoever did this could have flown in and out of there from another state in a private plane. Neither FIL nor BB appear to have the strength or training to do something like this as it sounds like both strength and skill were involved, but if they did them being out of state wouldn't have stopped them from flying in then flying back out of state as by plane it's not that far and if it's a private plane it's not like there's passenger lists and charges to your credit card that you'd get using a commercial flight, but you can show your subsequent commercial flight home as an alibi to you being out of state during the whole time. There could be other people who were out of state that we don't know about that had reasons for wanting to do Missy in and if these people do exist, the out of state excuse just won't cut it for me as you'd have to have credible witnesses who can cover for the time where you could have gotten into a private plane, done the murder and flown back instead of just showing you were booked into a hotel and your commercial flight records.

I don't think you could walk from the church to the airport, at least not directly. There is a creek in between, and that creates a natural barrier. Especially in a rain storm, when the creek would be running higher than normal.

If you look carefully at the satellite images, there aren't any roads or trails that cross that creek, IMO.

So it looks to me that the only way to walk (or drive) from the church to the airport is to walk along the highway and then along the little road leading to the airport. That would be extremely risky, as anybody walking in the dark in a rainstorm would be viewed with suspicion.

I am confused about some things now. I assumed that the killer entered the building through a door near the propane tank? MB was found in the SW area of the building.

"The Video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward Where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim Was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the
building."

So the bad guy/girl would have to back track though a good portion of the church (in order to leave the way he came in, as stated in the press conference) and not once trigger a camera?
Depends on where they were. In that main hall area, all would have to go just down the main hallway and down the kitchen hallway out
I believe what the Captain of CID stated in the Press conf over things added in summary in an affidavit. Both have to be factual. JMHO (CID not gonna say that and then it not be factual on the video. Def attorney could use that against them. (like where the video you stated you have)

Male Reporter : did suspect stay around

Captain Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assult. still piecing together the video

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Captain Spann :again we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them [/B] *** so they have time stamp video of Suspect walking down a hallway after the assault, that's what he is saying correct, going back out the way came in? Kitchen/hallway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

I'm still stuck on the perp's exit. We've tossed around a few ideas but, to me, that still is a big mystery.

Someone posted an aerial shot of the building which was really helpful. Does anyone have that handy to post again?

There is a wooded area that could be reached on foot fairly quickly, though there is a risk of being spotted between the building and the woods. Perhaps a car was stashed back there?

The other possibility that I haven't let go of is that the perp didn't leave after the murder, but stripped off the outfit, stashed the gear in a workout bag, and blended in. Though that does leave the problem of the car - where was his/her car? People would notice if you were there but your car wasn't.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock....I do hear that timer clicking....

The aerial (helicopter) video is great, and then there's this Google Maps shot, which includes a compass so we can see what "southwest" means:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ata=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xe669ea29f7add587

Thank you spellbound. I'm trying to get my facts in line. I think bringing vs obtaining there are huge differences. Bringing can point to a pre meditated planned hit. Obtaining at church could point to a member with knowledge of property.

For now I think what's in warrants to be more exact and maybe what's released to media is more calculated towards tripping a suspect up?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You are welcome. I agree. What gets reported in news may not always be accurate. The warrant is the only true facts we have (and perhaps LE pressers)

I see you replied before I edited my post. Every time I went to the article to copy the link, when I returned to WS my post was gone. Had a hard time posting it. I deleted that video, don't know if it had anything other than the perp surveillance. Sorry for any confusion.

I think if you were going to use the airport you would have someone there to pick you up and drop you off.

Ok they are contradicting themselves... Did they or did they not have footage of the perp after the crime was committed?

Great info. The fence at the woods area and the security at the airport put them in the "Unlikely" column, imo. Where was this perp's vehicle stashed?!

Could an accomplice have picked him/her up?

jmo

Not without being seen waiting in the church parking lot, and Hwy is a small narrow hwy, car would be noticeable just sitting there waiting

I think poi parked their car behind church, when you drive by or up to church you can't see the vehicles parked behind it. It's very possible poi had time to kill MB, run to car and escape without being noticed or seen by other camper(s) arriving to church. Poi could have possible been gone by the time the first camper arrived.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I am on info overload after catching up. The "friend" from the gym or workout place, is he the only person who has said in recent weeks that MB didn't seem like herself? He even went on to state that he believed she was not at the wrong place at the wrong time and that he believed someone was after her. I don't recall any of her family saying her demeanor had changed in recent weeks. It's possible that I missed that, so did any of her family say she didn't seem like herself? Of all people, I would think they would notice that.

Based on the notion that skeptical detectives often say they do not believe in Coincidences, here’s a current list of Coincidences that we have come up with here. (I apologize for not crediting the folks who provided these Coincidences; I’m not good with names and it’s hard enough keeping up with the posts let alone going back to research who suggested which Coincidence.)

Feel free to suggest additions or to lobby for deletions if you feel a Coincidence doesn’t belong on the list.

I am not including the Burglary gone wrong Vs. Planned attack coincidences – though there are many - b/c LE has said they believe MB was targeted.

updated list of Coincidences
* One day prior to murder, BB tells mother he's been worried about his wife's safety at 5am class
* BB is out of town during the murder
* If notification to BB had been just an hour or so later, he’d have been on his chartered fishing boat and out of cell phone range (not sure how this benefits him, but it is a Coincidence)
* BB works in a church (his own statement)
* Shirt-Gate
* RB (Missy’s FIL) & his wife were out of town*
* Daughter often helped MB w/ the 9am class set-up, but murder occurred at a 5am class
* On a school morning (someone suggested this – but what makes it a Coincidence?)
* BB side of family gives multiple media interviews; MB side is silent
* Penguin/duck walk runs in the male Bever family (BB, RB)
* There’s a bunch of footage of the murderer inside the church, but the murder itself occurred off-camera
* BB posts a link on his FB in March to an article about how the wife of former Eagles band member Randy Meisner was fatally shot in the couple’s home, saying he had just been dreaming about the Eagles the night before. (The shooting was accidental, as the woman was moving a gun from the closet.)

*I thought RB & his wife were living (they are retired and travel extensively) in CA at the time, which would make this not a Coincidence. But I hear ppl say they were ‘out of town.’ Need clarification please.

I just cant get myself to go with the running off in the woods theory. My reasoning is because of the weather (heavy rain and storming) and with that get up the Suspect was in, would have been even more clumbsy trying to run off in the rain.. Plus there would have been footprints easily seen, broken brush... I havent heard of anyone seeing LEO out there making prints and they also had a police dog out there. JMHO I believe Suspect was in a vehicle.

There's a wide perimeter of hundreds of feet with the parking lots bordering the dirt where it would take a lot of time to search that in the dark and heavy rain and it would be a big risk that you're actually identifying footprints that are fresh rather than something else. Plus the rain serves to destroy the evidence, so by the time LE was to get a scenthound out there, I'm not sure that there'd be any meaningful evidence outside for the dog to smell with it being all washed away by the heavy rain. The MPD only has 50 cops (and not all of them even FT) for all jobs and all shifts, so it's not like they have an infinite amount of resources to go on what might be a wild goose chase in conditions that are bad for tracking. Actually if you look at the aerial there seems to be a spot where a perp could practically get right into the creek without really leaving any tracks at all except sliding down an embankment as there is like a curb or a wall that extends out to the creek from far north parking lot.

I can see where some of the facts may not be lining up very well. The warrant was written up early on in the investigation. One only needed a small amount of probable cause to obtain a warrant for MB 's phone. Small discrepancies in the facts wouldn't be as much an issue. Now if those warrants were for the perps house... They better dot every i.

You are welcome. I agree. What gets reported in news may not always be accurate. The warrant is the only true facts we have (and perhaps LE pressers)

I see you replied before I edited my post. Every time I went to the article to copy the link, when I returned to WS my post was gone. Had a hard time posting it. I deleted that video, don't know if it had anything other than the perp surveillance. Sorry for any confusion.
Lol, no confusion. I'm just happy to see some sources.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Random question:

Was it the Sunday that Missy came back from Austin? And also the day BB flew (at noon) to Mississippi? I wonder if they saw each other, I'm thinking possibly not as he would have had to leave home mid morning to get to the airport and she had a 3 hour drive to get back to Midlo. Has this been discussed / answered anywhere?

Also, from looking at some of the locals FB and just general perceptions, there seems to be quite a few bikers and also quite a few LE (or ex LE) around the area. I find this interesting, but is it correct or have I just got a warped view of Texasland based on who I'm sleuthing?

I do think motorbike could have been a possible option for the perps vehicle; it would be easier to "hide" round the back of the building, a quicker getaway, and nobody would question someone on a bike with a helmet on.

Based on the notion that skeptical detectives often say they do not believe in Coincidences, here’s a current list of Coincidences that we have come up with here. (I apologize for not crediting the folks who provided these Coincidences; I’m not good with names and it’s hard enough keeping up with the posts let alone going back to research who suggested which Coincidence.)

Feel free to suggest additions or to lobby for deletions if you feel a Coincidence doesn’t belong on the list.

I am not including the Burglary gone wrong Vs. Planned attack coincidences – though there are many - b/c LE has said they believe MB was targeted.

* One day prior to murder, BB tells mother he's been worried about his wife's safety at 5am class
* If notification to BB had been just an hour or so later, he’d have been on his chartered fishing boat and out of cell phone range (not sure how this benefits him, but it is a Coincidence)
* Shirt-Gate
* Daughter often helped MB w/ the 9am class set-up, but murder occurred at a 5am class
* On a school morning (someone suggested this – but what makes it a Coincidence?)
* There’s a bunch of footage of the murderer inside the church, but the murder itself occurred off-camera
* BB posts a link on his FB in March to an article about how the wife of former Eagles band member Randy Meisner was fatally shot in the couple’s home, saying he had just been dreaming about the Eagles the night before. (The shooting was accidental, as the woman was moving a gun from the closet.)

*I thought RB & his wife were living (they are retired and travel extensively) in CA at the time, which would make this not a Coincidence. But I hear ppl say they were ‘out of town.’ Need clarification please.

I missed that BB worked in a church? Was that stated in his interview? TIA.

Great info. The fence at the woods area and the security at the airport put them in the "Unlikely" column, imo. Where was this perp's vehicle stashed?!

Could an accomplice have picked him/her up?

jmo

There could be no vehicle except for a private plane. Things like fences aren't really barriers. My nearly 70 year old dad has no problem getting over and through fences lined with barbed wire when he's out doing real estate work, so I don't think something like a fence as a major barrier to someone who is willing to commit murder and could know they'd overpower a very physically fit trainer. Also for all we know there's an area in the fence that was cut through either by the perp or the perp was aware of an area of the fence that had already been broken if they didn't want to scale the fence directly.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I am on info overload after catching up. The "friend" from the gym or workout place, is he the only person who has said in recent weeks that MB didn't seem like herself? He even went on to state that he believed she was not at the wrong place at the wrong time and that he believed someone was after her. I don't recall any of her family saying her demeanor had changed in recent weeks. It's possible that I missed that, so did any of her family say she didn't seem like herself? Of all people, I would think they would notice that.

That the only one I have heard say that. And on one interview... even said she hadn't been to the gym iirc in a week? I will look for that interview later. I keep getting message shock wave or something lol and have to refresh. Taking forever to post.

* Shirt-Gate

BBM

A source for that info (FB pages of the individuals) are not compliant with TOS so can't be discussed here, as far as I know.

JMO.

* Shirt-Gate

I am not sure if this is a coincidence or not.

MB in the best shape of her life BB suffering health/pain problems.

What could be simpler than turning a jacket inside out and leaving on a motorcycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper