TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity how many people here own or has a spouse or child that owns a balaclava?

Personally I don't know anyone in my life that does. I don't believe the perp went out and bought the balaclava for this murder, I think it was something that he/she or a family member already owned. :websleuther:

Lots of people around here own them, but I have never heard them called this. We call them ski-masks around here. Hunter's, bike riders, and people who work outdoors in the winters (which can be very cold here) are usually the ones to use them.

Out of curiosity how many people here own or has a spouse or child that owns a balaclava?

Personally I don't know anyone in my life that does. I don't believe the perp went out and bought the balaclava for this murder, I think it was something that he/she or a family member already owned. :websleuther:

I think my husband has a camo one for cold days during hunting season. I'll have to ask him if that's right.

Hard to say in Texas though because we have to buy "weird stuff" because our seasons don't ever match what they are supposed to be! Weird meaning that we have to cover our bases when it comes to weather. I have a heavy coat but may only wear it 2 days a year. The next year I may wear it for a month. Texas weather can be just downright confusing from one day to the next. Except most summers when it's just ridiculously hot & humid.

I have a balaclava. Camo. For hunting.

Avid ski family here so we have at least 6. Ours are high tech breathable/wind stopper types and do not go up between the eyes like I have seen in some photos.

Lots of people around here own them, but I have never heard them called this. We call them ski-masks around here. Hunter's, bike riders, and people who work outdoors in the winters (which can be very cold here) are usually the ones to use them.

Yes, my husband called it a baclava when we were viewing the footage for the first time. I had NO idea what he was talking about?! It didn't make sense because I know what "baklava" is. :)

This is the first we are hearing about the perp trying to clean up the crime scene. Has anyone seen that mentioned before? Not sure I believe that. Did they really have time to do that? The timeline is tight as is. And WHY would they clean up? Unless the perp was trying to clean up evidence he/she left behind?

Hmmm....going to just put that tidbit to the side for now. It doesn't make sense to me.
Maybe the perp was trying to cleanup anything about themselves, like footprints showing their shoe size.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I feel the opposite. I feel that social media is meant to be a way to communicate with friends and family about your life in one easy, fell swoop (rather than make 100 phone calls, you can make 1 post). If that includes letting them know the state of your health, so be it. I prefer seeing pictures of people's children at their school recitals, updates on health issues, etc. on FB rather than the spammy, useless garbage so many fill the site with. (Endless pictures of cats, videos of dogs dragging their butts on the carpet, pictures of people's always gross looking food, those attention-whorey posts with pithy stories following by the admonishment that "I will watch to see who replies to this, and then I'll know who my REAL friends are", etc. But that's just me.

I can see your side. I will say my seeing BB as a narcissist might be a step too far on the spectrum. He's a little too free with seeking sympathy/attention but so are many many many people on fb these days and they aren't all narcissists. And I don't know him and can't say that about him. But if I were a LEO without a real lead I would find his FB personality and his press conferences a point of interest. I'm definitely of the camp that to protect himself he might ought to back off just a little.

Yes, my husband called it a baclava when we were viewing the footage for the first time. I had NO idea what he was talking about?! It didn't make sense because I know what "baklava" is. :)

I thought baklava was a tasty dessert!

Local here. We have 4 from our ski trip. Lots of people around here own them for hunting apparel

Regarding the discussions about BB's health and seeming to want attention. He's a man and he's been ill. My husband is a big baby when he's ill. He gets the sniffles and you'd think he's dying! I know my husband isn't the only one who does this, so maybe we can chalk it up to that? Maybe?

My husband is super stoic about pain. He is tough, tough, TOUGH and silent about any injury. But one sniffle.....omg....we all suffer when my man has a cold. It's pitiful.

Having said that, I do think BB is a different in that regard. I think he is a person who likes to be liked. That is not a flaw - it's just his personality, imo. Perhaps Missy's interest in fitness hurt his feelings at times and made him feel left out of her life (while at the same time, he might have been proud of her accomplishments....and at the same time wishing she gave the attention to him instead. People are complicated and can have more than one feeling at a time).

I think Missy probably did a lot in the immediate family and managed the household, and BB is now left alone as the adult and that might be very hard for him. Of course, losing a spouse suddenly to violence would be hard for anyone! But this might be the first time he really has to take charge of everything, and he's looking for some steady ground to stand on. He finds it in scripture, and he's certainly not the first person to do that. I think the public postings of scripture are a way to gather people around in support of himself. Again, nothing wrong with that....I just see it as someone who needs other people around. He's not the strong, silent type, but rather someone who leans on the strong-type of people in his life.

I think he might have been lonely in his marriage for awhile. Pure speculation, of course, and no judgment. Many people are sometimes lonely in marriage, and they were at the stage of marriage when changes were happening. All quite normal, from what we can see, but perhaps lonely. (We don't know of any outside relationships so I'm assuming at this point there were none.)

I also get the feeling - pure speculation - that Missy didn't fit in with her in-laws and their ideas of being a wife. I think they might have admired her parenting and her drive, while wishing she were "softer" if that is the right word...more of a woman behind the man, smiling at his accomplishments rather than being known for her own. Again, this is pure speculation.

IDK if he had the motive and drive to be involved with this case, but I do see a guy who wants to be liked, wants people around him, and perhaps someone who isn't a particularly deep thinker but someone who thinks by talking. I also see some selfishness as his public actions do seem to be about him.

I sincerely hope he is completely uninvolved. This has to be awful to live through.

JMOpinion, spouted off from my armchair

This is the first we are hearing about the perp trying to clean up the crime scene. Has anyone seen that mentioned before? Not sure I believe that. Did they really have time to do that? The timeline is tight as is. And WHY would they clean up? Unless the perp was trying to clean up evidence he/she left behind?

Hmmm....going to just put that tidbit to the side for now. It doesn't make sense to me.
I read the daily mail often they are kind-of loose with the truth. Looks like they took some of the first LE comments from early on and combined them to spin the truth with BBs interview yesterday.

I think they can be tracked to a degree. I think they would still ping the cell tower, but it is very difficult to match up the owner of the phone with the number that pings. I believe I heard a phone expert discuss this scenario in another case. They would then have to try to find out what type of phone pinged, where it was sold, and attempt to find out who purchased it by looking at store surveillance cameras and interviewing the cashier, etc. Maybe submit a search warrant looking for the receipt from a phone if they have reason to suspect a certain individual for other reasons and can get a judge to sign a search warrant.

I don't know if it would be impossible to track, but it would be very difficult at least.

You triggered a memory of another case for me. Wasn't there a situation where a throw-away phone was tracked to a certain store, and then the purchase was tracked to a time and specific register, and then video was pulled?? That sounds familiar to me.

I read the daily mail often they are kind-of loose with the truth. Looks like they took some of the first LE comments from early on and combined them to spin the truth with BBs interview yesterday.

I totally agree Snow! I read Daily Mail on my phone every day but I usually go and Google the stories I want to learn more about. They are known to contradict themselves often...even in the same paragraph. Just not sure that we will ever be able to use them as a place for accurate information. :)

I am just glad that there are others here that agree about them. I didn't want this "new information" to confuse anyone coming in, considering the source it came from.

We have a few, including my kids. They wear them in the winter as they are a sporty group and spend lots of time outdoors. They especially like to wear them when biking to cut the chilly wind without the bulk. The balaclava fits under a helmet.

I think it's someone who bikes (either motorcycle or bicycle....my guess would be motorcycle).

Good point, sunsetbeach!!

Sorry for the rabbit hole "like" thing. It is most likely insignificant but it definitely made me change my own FB settings and seriously purge my "friend" list.
Moving forward, LE has the ability to see the video/perp's face much clearer than we can and I was thinking about this as well as the initial statements the police made to the killer. I don't have the link but it was something to the effect of them urging the killer to seek help and talk to someone. I think the consensus here was that it was a very gentle statement coming from LE.
So, that would seem to me that they had a specific person in my mind. (MOO). The same can be said for the MIL's letter to the killer and the SIL's statements. They all very clearly had someone in mind IMO.
The MIL has since stated that they had a guess and were wrong.
So, here is my latest thoughts:
1. LE Told the family their guess was wrong but it wasn't
Which leads to why? Time to gather more evidence, surveillance, explore accomplices or ties to family?
2. LE Told their guess is wrong and it's wrong
I do find it curious that they all initially had someone in mind...and MOO this someone seemed to be a female according to the impression I got from the family
Also, I recently saw (before this murder) a video clip of FBI enhanced footage and it took them a month so I'm wondering if LE has a better image of the killer now than they did when they made initial statements
ok, that's my ramblings for now. Would love to hear your thoughts.

This is interesting to me that immediately the MIL and SIL thought they knew who the murderer was. Have we been given any hints as to why or how these two ladies had the same thought? Wonder what was going on to bring up their idea?

I think my husband has a camo one for cold days during hunting season. I'll have to ask him if that's right.

Hard to say in Texas though because we have to buy "weird stuff" because our seasons don't ever match what they are supposed to be! Weird meaning that we have to cover our bases when it comes to weather. I have a heavy coat but may only wear it 2 days a year. The next year I may wear it for a month. Texas weather can be just downright confusing from one day to the next. Except most summers when it's just ridiculously hot & humid.

I'm not far from Midlothian, also a fellow Texan. Hey neighbor. :D Wait, I tell a lie! My husband does own something he pulls over his head for bird hunting and it's camo just like your talking about but if I remember correctly it's more flappy (sorry can't think of a better term lol). Thanks for reminding me. He hasn't hunted birds for at least 5+ years so I forgot about it.

We have a few, including my kids. They wear them in the winter as they are a sporty group and spend lots of time outdoors. They especially like to wear them when biking to cut the chilly wind without the bulk. The balaclava fits under a helmet.

I think it's someone who bikes (either motorcycle or bicycle....my guess would be motorcycle).

Good point, sunsetbeach!!

My husband and 13 year old daughter have several. They use them hunting.

This is interesting to me that immediately the MIL and SIL thought they knew who the murderer was. Have we been given any hints as to why or how these two ladies had the same thought? Wonder what was going on to bring up their idea?
I think many in town have strong idea who it is. Many are related to the LE and I am sure they are gossiping about this. Breck guides is to who they think it is. I am sure the town knows very possible motives. Such as a competitor in business, MB or BB having an affair, or other things we just guess on.

I just hope soon they can find or get the evidence that they can finally make an arrest.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members