TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article posted above this caught my eye: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/05/bevers-was-having-marital-problems-before-murder/

Authorities believe that the killer might have been in contact with someone who was close to Missy Bevers.
Police are looking into who had checked sites where the fitness instructor’s schedule was posted, what kind of communication those phone numbers had exchanged, and who used smartphone applications — such maps, clocks, timers, GPS locators and flashlights — which may have assisted in the slaying. Police also believe that images of the victim or the murder itself may have been photographed or recorded.

(snipped by me)

So they think the killer was in contact with someone close to her? Not just her.. interesting.

Wow. It's getting so a guy can't kill someone anymore without the whole world finding out their every move. /s/

Seriously, though, it's amazing what LE can figure out from our electronic devices these days.

From the article posted above this caught my eye: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/05/bevers-was-having-marital-problems-before-murder/

Authorities believe that the killer might have been in contact with someone who was close to Missy Bevers.
Police are looking into who had checked sites where the fitness instructor’s schedule was posted, what kind of communication those phone numbers had exchanged, and who used smartphone applications — such maps, clocks, timers, GPS locators and flashlights — which may have assisted in the slaying. Police also believe that images of the victim or the murder itself may have been photographed or recorded.

(snipped by me)

So they think the killer was in contact with someone close to her? Not just her.. interesting.

Yikes. That seems to sway a bit toward a "hit" scenario.

I just want to take a minute and point out that even if it is true (which we don't know yet), the fact that Missy had private correspondence with another person in a "flirtatious and familiar" manner, that doesn't prove that she took the relationship any further than that. It doesn't not prove that an affair occurred.

JMO

I suspect that that's not where LE got the information about extramarital relationships.

It's a part of the new affidavit.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...days-before-slaying-search-warrant-says.html/

"Police said in a separate search warrant that text messages between Bevers and her husband, Brandon Bevers, indicated that they were having marital and financial difficulties, as well as extramarital relationships.

Police are seeking the Beverses’ phone history, as well as that of seven other people. They believe that Bevers had been in contact with her killer, according to the affidavit, and that the killer may have used a cellphone to record the slaying."

wonder if they think the meeting between Missy and her killer was pre arranged

I just want to take a minute and point out that even if it is true (which we don't know yet), the fact that Missy had private correspondence with another person in a "flirtatious and familiar" manner, that doesn't prove that she took the relationship any further than that. It doesn't not prove that an affair occurred.

JMO

police believe that she did. "Missy Bevers was allegedly having marital and financial struggles at the time of her death and had been involved in an intimate relationship “external to the marriage.”

I suspect that that's not where LE got the information about extramarital relationships.

Exactly. The police clearly have her phone and I'm sure her laptop. If there was an affair or affairs, they know it all by now. The linkedin stuff could have just been the tip of the iceberg.

Okay guys, who wants to guess the motive and go....

Sent from my iPhone

police believe that she did. "Missy Bevers was allegedly having marital and financial struggles at the time of her death and had been involved in an intimate relationship “external to the marriage.”

Something just occurred to me. Does the person she was involved with necessarily have to be a man?! These days you never know...and what if those financial troubles were that she was being blackmailed b/c of it?

I'm no more on one side of the fence or the other. It could be really anyone STILL, IMO. Nothing leads me to believe that it was male or female and I'm still not ruling out a team of people. IMO

I feel so sad for those babies. I hope they have been able to spend some time with Missy's side of the family since her death and that they speak out once an arrest is made. No matter what decisions were made in her life (and I said the same thing about Heather Elvis) I will NOT judge Missy for them and in NO way does it justify murder!

Waiting for an update, not really sitting on my hands b/c I don't know what my theory is now!

Thoughts of his behavior have led me to a conclusion many may not share, but I think he is just a goofy guy who needs attention. What he says, when he says it, how he says it, how he delivers it....it's all just awkward. I don't mean to be judgmental, but he gives me the impression he isn't very intelligent. Throw in the idea he is trying to be the leader of the family now, which he didn't appear to be, and you have a whole can of weirdness outside of your comfort bubble. This is why I don't consider him to be a schemer.

These are good points. I have definitely been a little iffy about him based on his public life but I can see what you mean. There was one point in one of the interviews where he said something and it was very awkward and I cringed a little and felt some second hand embarrassment for him.

Regarding the area codes, when we moved from DFW, I kept my 817 area code cell number for quite some time. I switched to a local area code a year or so later when I grew tired of people asking where 817 is. Here in our new location, local friends have cell numbers with area codes from their previous cities.

Yeah, my son has kept his college area code, even when he moved back here... and if I want to call him from my house phone it's a long-distance call, dang it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper