TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There may even be a similar theme as in the perps lifestyle choice. This could be a jealousy/revenge killing in relation to a member/ex of the group.

That is definitely a possibility.

Now the perp may think that wearing a bigger boot will throw the police off. But they don't realize that true investigators will now look pass that. Especially if they see that you are obviously wearing a bigger shoe size.

So if you are a size 7 shoe. But you throw on a size 10 shoe to commit the crime. Then its a good chance that investigators will notice that 7 inches of the shoe print is deep while the other 3 inches of the print is just lighter since there was no pressure applied on the extra footing during each step.

So they will soon figure out the shoe size of the perp by analyzing the heavy impression part from the light impression part in each step taken.

Jmo.

I think the motive will be very common.

Sadly, I think you are right. Some people, in every denomination, can have an awful lot of self identity and self esteem wrapped up in an unpaid church position. On occasion, the position becomes them, and they become the positition.

One time, I had a jealous group leader remove my approved notices from the church bulletin board and refuse to cooperate with me in anyway, even small ways, regarding an accepted project. She even told me that the pastor had nixed it (not true).

I was later informed that she thought I was somehow diminishing her authority as an "assistant shephard" or sorts and was planning to poach sheep from her sheep pen. She eventually cooperated- but only after she got to present the project as hers.

It could have been an unhinged church member, but I would pursue a different motive. Perhaps the chuch has undergone an internal dispute leading to the ouster and replacement of some ministers? Maybe the victim could have been perceived to have taken sides in it.

Also, did the victim hold any ministerial function at the church such as youth leader, bible study director, out reach coordinator etc. ? On two occasions over the years, I have seen otherwise rational adults get very territorial and jealous about who gets to lead what unpaid ministry and for how long, what should and should not be an official ministry, and who is or is not encroaching on their ministerial "territory".

Then again, nobody got killed at the churches I went to, but it has probably happened before somewhere.

She didn't attend church here she attended it just up the road a bit at the cowboy church.

Something about this makes me think of Dr. Kendra Hatcher who was murdered in a parking garage in TX.
There are no obvious similarities, it is just a feeling that the criminal behind this is deranged/crazy in a way that is similar to the nut job behind killing Dr. Hatcher.

I am also reminded of the pastor's wife who was killed in Alabama and Dr. Teresa Sievers. These women were all ambushed with such premeditated force they had no chance.

I'll bet that is interesting, but I'm not finding anything other than that tweet. Maybe it's going to be on Inside Edition later?
Yes, that was just a heads up in case anyone here was interested in watching it.

it's not a church thing IMO, it will turn out to be a " I want your man" type thing or " you aint getting my man" hide and watch I bet that is what this is about

I tend to agree.

Couple of other thoughts before I have to go to work....

Burglary Theory Pros and Cons:

Pros
Church was isolated, located on a busy highway
Event happened early Monday morning after church service on Sunday, before they would be able to make a deposit
Church was decent size, i.e., looked financially successful so there might have been some collection money in the building

Cons
Church was well-built and secure, difficult to break into. I am sure there would be other churches in the area that would be easier to break into.
Sign with "this property under surveillance"
Other than collection money, the most valuable things inside a church would be A/V equipment and musical instruments, but the Churches of Christ typically don't believe in musical instruments.
Most people make church contributions by check, not cash.
It is likely that the collection was not left at the building overnight.

I think the only plausible explanation for a burglary was someone addicted to oxy or heroine, who desperately needed cash for a buy and who knew where to find the money. But I agree that all other facts point to a planned hit or assault.

Good list, Bill C. For the burglary gone wrong theory to work, though, wouldn't the burglar be stealing things? Yes, this is somewhat of a rhetorical question but I am also being serious. We know that the perp walked around the church for about 30 minutes before encountering Missy. Wouldn't the perp have started to gather up some items to steal?

We have not heard whether or not any items were stolen. If nothing is missing, then either this was not a burglary or this is the worst burglar ever.

Good list, Bill C. For the burglary gone wrong theory to work, though, wouldn't the burglar be stealing things? Yes, this is somewhat of a rhetorical question but I am also being serious. We know that the perp walked around the church for about 30 minutes before encountering Missy. Wouldn't the perp have started to gather up some items to steal?

We have not heard whether or not any items were stolen. If nothing is missing, then either this was not a burglary or this is the worst burglar ever.

We have a non-burglarizing burglar. According to the church nothing was stolen:
Nothing had been stolen from the church, Chief Smith said, so detectives are uncertain whether Bevers interrupted a burglary or might have been targeted after posting the time and location of the workout on her Facebook page.

"It certainly is a strange occurrence for a church to be burglarized this time of morning," Smith said. "It certainly looks like... it's just an odd, random situation."
http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/144729106

Something about this makes me think of Dr. Kendra Hatcher who was murdered in a parking garage in TX.
There are no obvious similarities, it is just a feeling that the criminal behind this is deranged/crazy in a way that is similar to the nut job behind killing Dr. Hatcher.

I am also reminded of the pastor's wife who was killed in Alabama and Dr. Teresa Sievers. These women were all ambushed with such premeditated force they had no chance.

Yes - you're right. In the dentist's case, the hit was down by a two-person team. The team was a man and a woman, hired by another woman.

This does have the same "feel" even though the details differ. Good point.

jmo

Hi everyone - newbie here.

I think Missy did know her killer. The killer probably wore the tactical gear for disguise, and to protect himself/herself from contusions during the altercation with Missy. Those contusions would be difficult to explain to LE. I think the killer was someone fairly close to her that would have been interviewed by the police so it was important to not have any visible signs of injury.
I'm also wondering about DNA. The heavy tactical gear would protect the killer from scratches and hair pulling or anything Missy could have done during the assault that would have picked up DNA evidence. Wearing such heavy garb would also keep the killer from leaving much DNA evidence behind.

She didn't attend church here she attended it just up the road a bit at the cowboy church.

Thanks for the information. It looks like a ministerial rivalry with an unhinged person is one less motive the police need to look at. Please accept my condolences regarding the loss of Missy to your church and your community.

Hired hit? Or was the perp committing the crime for her/himself?

it's not a church thing IMO, it will turn out to be a " I want your man" type thing or " you aint getting my man" hide and watch I bet that is what this is about

Agree. With The you have been flirting with my man type of thing.

Even if Missy never even paid attention to the guy.

Some people are just too jealous for their own good. Jmo.

But it does seem like someone was jilted.

This means the connection is either business related or some perceived love lost or my relationship is now in jeapordy because of you type related.

Hired hit? Or was the perp committing the crime for her/himself?

A hired hit would not know the whole layout of cameras unless they were very professional or took time to actually study the entire layout and know the exact time frame.

So this seems like the crime was committed by some local that just knew things and had some personal vendetta as well.

This article claims her phone wasn't password protected, so the officials had easy, full access to all her numbers, texts, etc. By not having her phone secured with a password, I'd assume she wasn't involved in a romantic relationship with someone outside her marriage. Otherwise, she'd have it locked down.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fe...nstructor-Murder-Investigation-376441291.html

My wife's phone is password protected. Are you suggesting I should be worried?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14