TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I imagine is happening: the police know who did it, but they are taking their time, collecting all the evidence, building a case, and they are waiting for their POI to make an incriminating move or statement.

I imagine the Midlothian PD has an old, rain-coat-wearing detective with a glass eye, driving an old beat-up Peugeot Cabriolet, who is continually making contact with the POI to gather all the facts. And he always has, "Just one more question...."
Columbo? Love it!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cop-killed-fitness-trainer-inside-church.html

Police say Bevers, a trainer with national fitness program Camp Gladiator, moved Mondays' session indoors because of the weather in Midlothian, about 25 miles southwest of Dallas.

I have to wonder if the perp was wondering around looking for equipment she/he felt Missy might have stored at the church although the same article states Missy arrived with her equipment and dressed in her sports garb. Maybe he/she wanted to hit her with a barbell or something??

That occurred to me, too. The killer was scoping out places where the victim(s) might run and hide in case they got away.

But on the other hand, someone has mentioned that it looks like the perp opens the dutch doors and places the hammer inside that closet or room. Like they used the hammer for some purpose and then they were putting it back where they found it. Very odd.

That is odd. as are so many things about this case. Killer(s) are likely highly immature, and not always grounded in reality.jmo I forget, did she/he have gloves on when they placed the object back ? TIA.

Go back and look at this locally-written article from Monday, updated Tuesday---

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20160418/ungodly-crime/?Start=1

I notice this, "The suspect can be seen walking through the hallways forcing open doors, but church staff have not reported anything missing from the building, he said."

Why would he be casually walking through the building and forcing open interior doors? I'm going to guess he was looking for the control unit for the security cameras.

Here's what I imagine is happening: the police know who did it, but they are taking their time, collecting all the evidence, building a case, and they are waiting for their POI to make an incriminating move or statement.

I imagine the Midlothian PD has an old, rain-coat-wearing detective with a glass eye, driving an old beat-up Peugeot Cabriolet, who is continually making contact with the POI to gather all the facts. And he always has, "Just one more question...."

Colombo was my favorite!!!

Don't get the idea it was supposed to be a mass shooting. Why would perp break in the church, just to walk around Calm, Cool, and Collected for 30 minutes? Seems to me, a perp would appear quickly, confront the group, and start firing.

Just my opinion...

What if it was a 'walk through' ? Practice run? At that time in the AM maybe they thought nobody would be there, damage could be explained away as an attempted burglary. But Missy was there and the perp panicked?

Not that this is my theory idk

JHarlin we just put in an offer on a home in Midlothian TX. We passed that church several times while looking at homes and I just had a real curiosity about it which is odd because I'm Catholic. Two days later I see this story on the news. Everyone we've talked to says it's such a quiet town. Do you think you could tell me about the Midlothian area?

Not speaking for JHarlin, but a couple sites I often check when trying to get a city overview (for what-ev reason):

wiki .............. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midlothian,_Texas.
city data ...... http://www.city-data.com/city/Midlothian-Texas.html For a forum on the city, scroll down, on left side, to red circle labelled 'forum.'

Those ^ sites also link to many other websites too.

Go back and look at this locally-written article from Monday, updated Tuesday---

I notice this, "The suspect can be seen walking through the hallways forcing open doors, but church staff have not reported anything missing from the building, he said."

Why would he be casually walking through the building and forcing open interior doors? I'm going to guess he was looking for the control unit for the security cameras.

Maybe hired hit, then.

What if it was a 'walk through' ? Practice run? At that time in the AM maybe they thought nobody would be there, damage could be explained away as an attempted burglary. But Missy was there and the perp panicked?

IDK, since leaving the damage from the break-in would increase security in the future.

:trout: Thank you! Sometimes I need to be hit over the head with a frozen fish! Yes, he wanted to turn off all the cameras, of course!!! Makes perfect sense!

Actually I believe what you are referring to came from quotes from LE itself. I think the Midlothian LE originally thought they knew what happened, but then backed off upon further investigation. When it first came out for instance they were sure it was male burglar, but have subsequently backed off and brought in multiple federal agencies and they're no longer if it was a male or if it was burglar. It could have been for instance the ME who said 'hold your horses' to them when the ME viewed things on close inspection things weren't as simple as they originally seemed, just as how the open source results of the mass viewing of the video calling into question the sex of the perp challenged the original LE statements. It's not that the reports have been conflicting, but instead they've changed over time. I think LE is operating on an assumption as to what the COD was, but the actual expert who makes the final determination hasn't made such a call, so in the meantime LE has to keep the investigation moving forward.

Here's a report typical of what I was reading yesterday (NBC News):

image.jpg

From reading it, it at least sounds like they had a result...but perhaps they've backed away from that initial result, now? (It's now 'pending'...How complicated is it for the ME to change COD once entered into a legal document?) Other reports more pointedly stated they were withholding the info so as not to hamper the investigation.

I tend to agree with you, but the perp could have been trying to figure out the best place to be inside but then got caught when they were trying to find this hiding place. Referring back to Columbine they originally wanted to kill hundreds (and could have if their original plan had worked), but when their original plan failed they improvised a new plan so they then took what they could get by shooting dozens instead. Killing 1 person - especially a 'boss' level opponent - beats killing none even if you planned originally to get multiples of that.
Yes, agree with this. it is as though the killing is part of a "live" video game. So strange, jmo

Are most indoor security camera systems wireless these days? Because I initially expected that he/she would climb up on something and pull the camera down and look to see where the wires were headed. I guess that would be a lot of work, because those are at least 10' ceilings.

No, I definitely believe that the perp disabled the exterior cameras before entering the building. And then he/she was looking for the controller for the interior cameras while waiting for the victim.

As someone who has spent several hours of my life on the Teresa Sievers thread, my senses are telling me this may not be as simple as a break in gone wrong.

Someone wearing SWAT gear head to toe who happened to be there that early, at the exact time she was in the building alone? Something sounds fishy to me.

IMO of course.

I think it's a wanna be cop/LE - a security guard. (Please do not take offense to that. I know that not all security guards are wanna be cops!)

The way that person on camera walked around... arms out to the side, slightly puffed out from the side of the body, almost like a movie. Totally reminds me of Mall Cop (sorry, not trying to be funny!)

I keep reading that people are saying this person in the video had their shoulders back. I don't see that- I see a slump. Almost the same kind of outline as the hubby (no, I'm not saying that it's him.. I'm just saying the curvature of the outline was similar).

IMO ONLY!

What about a cleaning crew person?

Sent from my iPhone

I just saw an interview with BB in which he says he found out about MB's death from a couple of the campers. In his first interview prior to that he said he wasn't involved at all or knew much about Missy's business. First, isn't it unusual that he would not find out from LE first? Also, he seemed to be disconnected from her work, so surprising that her students would call him. He also said if he hadn't heard from them he would have been out to sea for days. Thoughts?

Are most indoor security camera systems wireless these days? Because I initially expected that he/she would climb up on something and pull the camera down and look to see where the wires were headed. I guess that would be a lot of work, because those are at least 10' ceilings.

No, I definitely believe that the perp disabled the exterior cameras before entering the building. And then he/she was looking for the controller for the interior cameras while waiting for the victim.

If that's the case, then I'm definitely leaning toward a hired hit. That perp was just too comfortable in mannerism. If this had been a crime of passion, carried out by the person who felt slighted, I think we'd see more agitation and jerky movements instead of this nonchalant strolling.

I do think she was killed needlessly and intentionally. The perp is well-concealed in their outfit, so they could have done whatever they had to do in order to flee. Maybe Missy tried to make a citizen's arrest, but short of that there was no reason for an unwilling mortal fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919