TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't even appear to be a poorly faked burglary.

So, if the perp went there specifically to harm Missy (who seemed to be a small but physically-fit female), I keep asking myself these questions:

Would you really wear bulky boots and clothing with a helmet that somewhat impedes vision?

Would you noisily break glass and jimmy locks to make sure the building was empty?

'Seems to me a "smart" perp would quietly check the building, quietly lie-in-wait for the victim, take a sure-fire weapon (like a gun/stun-gun) AND wear clothing/shoes to keep identity hidden BUT allow for fast moving get-away.

It's possible Missy was killed by a gun shot wound to the head, but (jmo) I think she was struck by hammer or other heavy tool.

I think the perp is not-so-bright or mentally unstable (and a police officer "wanna' be").

:goodpost: You and me and Edna are on the same page :gathering: - from the poorly faked burglary to the hammer being the COD (can't r/o gun .22 though) to a mentally unstable wanna-be :cop:

How did Missy get into the building?

Something really caught my eye in watching the latest video. Starting around 1:00 if you look at the glass doors they are already open plus a little later the Dutch doors are left open. From what I can tell this was the side entrance that Missy used. This to me really raises a lot of questions.

First off in how I arrived at this, I believe this is a picture of the hallway showing the side entrance at a distance:
https://www.facebook.com/1793451023...1461424097./10150972020457343/?type=3&theater
This side entrance also is what has the overhang where Missy's truck was:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ata=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xe669ea29f7add587

I'm now wondering a couple things, like where precisely she died (in the building or by her truck, which LE may be being tricky with that). If she went inside, she arrived with the door already open plus the open Dutch door immediately inside and would expect to see someone where she may have been shouting asking who was inside. If I have my geography right, she would not have been surprised to find someone in there plus whoever was in there could have been alerted to her presence by Missy herself prior to seeing Missy visually. I wonder if Missy thought it was another CG trainer or what. I also wonder how early on that side entrance door was opened as when the perp walks by it, the door was already opened, so presumably they were retracing where they had already been at some time prior that isn't shown in the released footage.

That's some excellent sleuthing, right there! Thank you for helping to shed light on the layout of the building, the entrances and the security cameras.

Did LE not say that there was significant vandalism inside the church ? I look at that last frame of the last video released, and I see an agile kid, who is loco...jmo though.

Also,re the camper who called BB , could it be that she is closer to BB than to Missy ? Would that explain the not going straight into the church when she arrived there ? Could be that she joined the class because BB mentioned it. NOT meaning this in a nefarious way, people have all kinds of work and life connections. jmo

4:16 a.m. — Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.

How come the perp' vehicle isn't shown driving in?

Because the outside cameras were not working and MB parked her vehicle right in front of the door. It’s highly unlikely the suspect would have parked in such a conspicuous place.

Did LE not say that there was significant vandalism inside the church ? I look at that last frame of the last video released, and I see an agile kid, who is loco...jmo though.

Also,re the camper who called BB , could it be that she is closer to BB than to Missy ? Would that explain the not going straight into the church when she arrived there ? Could be that she joined the class because BB mentioned it. NOT meaning this in a nefarious way, people have all kinds of work and life connections. jmo
I've thought the same thing.

Two questions for you.

1. What was the motive? Why would anyone want to kill a physical fitness instructor? A killer has got to have a motive.
2. Why would he go though all the trouble of burglarizing the church, and braking every door in the place for half an hour, just to kill one person, who he could have killed outside?

In my opinion unless you can come up with good answers to those questions, the hit man theory doesn’t hold much water. That’s just not the way hit men work. A professional hit man would have waited for her outside and shot her in the head as soon as she got out of her car. Then he might have taken her purse to make it look like a robbery, or he could have shot her out on the road, and made it look like a road rage incident. But for a hit man to spend half an hour busting up a church, while waiting for her to arrive, so he could bludgeon her to death with burglary tools, would be a waste of the hit man’s time, and a very amateur way for a hit man to kill someone.

To answer some of your questions.

1. He din’t make a pile, because he was looking for money and valuables, which he obviously hadn’t found yet.
2. I don’t believe there is any evidence that he had any “real" weapons or LE gear. He had burglary tools, which he used as a murder weapon, and novelty SWAT gear .

Im not saying it was a professional hit man in the sense that you know them from movies. Or even that suspect has killed someone before, but i would suspact that he has. Only that it was a planned hit, not a paid for hit, although I suspect that someone other than the suspect wanted her dead. Who that is? At this point it would only be a matter of perception and I am not prepared to take a guess. As for the riot gear, it is standard issue, and for those who buy their own in LE, it's acceptable , less the shield and baton. I do not believe this is an outfit someone put togeather. If they did, it would be absolute overkill for a burglary.

Ok guys/gals, Please remember Family is off limits, except what has been said in MSM.

Please read and thank this post.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

:tyou:

OOOH! It could be, and that's Missy's gray Ford truck with the door still open. Fantastic picture, but sad. GREAT FIND! So that is the front of the church? Time for a break. Feeling a bit nauseous after seeing that picture. Thanks SI!

No, it's not the FRONT of the church, it is the SIDE ENTRANCE with the DRIVE-THROUGH (some people used a foreigny-word, "Porta-Coochie?")

We know for certain there was at least one exterior window AND one exterior door (with slim broken window) breached - both within yards of each other on the north side of the church (complete opposite side from where Missy was unloading). There was also more damage inside, including glass windows being broken out in the hallway (on video blurb at end) and broken glass where Missy was found (presumably room off camera as attack wasn't filmed).

We haven't been told all the damage, but at least these we do know about (some even pictured - see Thread #1).

(Finally caught up, but not for long because the wifey wants to take the dogs for a walk....)

From SpanishInquisition's excellent sleuthing, we now know that the video of the perp (where he is trying unsuccessfully to open a locked closet door) was taken in the SIDE ENTRYWAY, just inside the covered awning where he/she KNEW MB would be entering the building. It is the only entrance that is covered (it was raining), and I'm sure the perp did enough homework to know that she would park and/or enter the building there.

I live in Midlothian and was trying to understand more in light of recent events. I didn't mean to discuss the husband, but rather the theory of understanding how that scenario could work.

Thank you Bill! Got it! Missy entered through the Church's side entrance with drive-through. Porta-Coochie? :floorlaugh: Rick Derringer - Rock & Roll Hoochie Coo (1973). PIM - Porte cochere.

The LE has stated many times that there was nothing missing according to the church.

It’s not unusual for nothing to be taken when a buglarly gets interrupted. About 15 years ago a room I was renting was broken into. Stuff was moved around but nothing taken, because my landlord came home and interrupted the burglars. They ran away without taking anything.

Again if MB hadn’t interrupted the burglar, it is entirely possible that the suspect could have easily finished the job, and been out before daybreak with thousands of dollars of church money. But after he killed the woman, that would have been the last thing on his mind.

I wonder if LE checked the premises for the perp? For all we know they could of hidden somewhere. I doubt it but it's a possibility.

I wonder if LE checked the premises for the perp? For all we know they could of hidden somewhere. I doubt it but it's a possibility.

I wondered the same thing.....how long did it take the police to realize that a crime had been committed and to clear the building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar