TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to catch up but just had a random thought so am noting it down before I forget...

When Missy was found she would still have been warm as she only died minutes before.
At that point, whether you believed she was truly dead or not, you'd call an ambulance. Not her husband.

Originally Posted by Bootsctr
Okay, just one more question. I promise I'm not trying to be argumentative or difficult, but in Missy's Gladiator FB post she specifically posted:

"5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ, we have cover under the front awning!"

Why would Missy state FRONT awning? It sounds like Missy wasn't even going to go into the church. Looks like there would have been plenty of room to be exercise Camp Gladiators outside under the awning.

I take it this post was made the night before, after looking at the weather forecast?

There is no "awning" at this church, so I would guess Missy is meaning at the time she posted it that they would workout under the roof overhang (Porte cochere...you're never going to forget this word after this case...). I've read posts and news articles that confusingly refer to this south end of the church as the 'front' because it was a major (though not main) entrance.

It appears that by the time she arrived the next morning, though, she decided to take the class inside, as articles have said she was moving the gear inside. It would not be uncommon for her to have a key for that entrance (say, if they needed bathroom privileges).

Yes, but jumping to conclusions and assuming things that haven’t been reported, kind of muddles up the thread. Others will start to believe that it’s a fact, even when no suck thing has been reported..

Anyway, security cameras are generally in those tamper proof dome things on the ceiling. Security cameras would be pretty useless if they could be smashed or easily tampered with.

Well let's all go back to the theory that it was a pregnant ballerina with a prosthetic leg who went to all that trouble just to steal stuff.

At first, I was disappointed in the latest press conference by LE, but then I watched it again.
Anyone else feel that LE acted very non chalant during that briefing? Very casual, no anger or apparent determination?
Obviously, they know a LOT more than they are letting on, and I think their demeanor is very telling. They have high suspicions of who this looney is, and they are acting in a way that will make them relax.

I am more impatient with this case others. LOL


ITA i really hope LE already has a good idea who did this and they are just waiting on some proof or the time to be "right" to name a POI. If not, they are way too calm, cool and collected for my liking.

No 911 call released, no mention of a car description, no COD mentioning a specific weapon, not much to go on but the tapes which are conflicting at best!

Something about what happened makes me feel unsafe and I live nowhere near that part of the country. I haven't heard anything that would make me feel safe if I was excercising early mornings in that area.

Like you, I get impatient. Lol.

I'm trying to catch up but just had a random thought so am noting it down before I forget...

When Missy was found she would still have been warm as she only died minutes before.
At that point, whether you believed she was truly dead or not, you'd call an ambulance. Not her husband.

There were two 9-1-1 calls simultaneously, and it too the fire department 6 minutes to arrive, another 3 minutes for police to arrive. So they did call for an ambulance, but during that significant wait time someone called the husband.

Now, I don't want to speculate any more than anyone else, but let's say two or three people go inside and find Missy, immediately call 9-1-1, then other students arrive. The people who found her would say, "Don't go in the building---Missy's been hurt real bad. There's been some kind of an accident." And then the friend might call husband with that news.

I don't know, it seems to me if Missy wanted to direct her group to a little side awning, that is what she would have posted,Not cover under the front awning JMO

I think when people talk about a 'hit' they don't necessarily mean a professional hit man (whatever that is... on Craigslist, no doubt), but instead are thinking that someone may have hired someone to do the murder. Could be a variety of reasons, insurance money, an affair, etc. Just my opinion....

Yup, it was brought up yesterday. I commented on it because I was the one that kept screaming, "IT'S A WOMAN!" in that thread and about 3/4's of the thread laughed at me and said I was dead wrong. :giggle:

Several of my guesses in that (Messerschmitt) case were so wrong. Live and learn, ya know. But hey, in my defense... she was a 'manly' woman ;)

Like others have mentioned, I think LE knows way more than they are letting on and I hope they make an arrest after the funeral today.

I don't know, it seems to me if Missy wanted to direct her group to a little side awning, that is what she would have posted,Not cover under the front awning JMO

You may be right, but here's picture showing more of the "front" of the building, and as you can see, there's not much overhang (porch) at the "main entrance" in the middle of that side. I agree with others that the locals probably refer to the porte cochere (sp?) as the "main entrance."

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 12.05.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 12.05.15 PM.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 214
Not everyone is always looking on FB... If she had his cell # she may have called thinking he was at home. What's odd to me, like others already said, is why she would be close enough to have the cell # but not go say Hi to MB

If I arrived early and saw Missy's truck already there, I'd give her a few minutes in case she was using the restroom. After maybe 5-7 minutes, I'd send her a text "I'm here, do you need any help?" No answer, wait another couple minutes. Then maybe get out of my car and begin visiting with the other campers as they arrived. It would never enter my mind that she had been murdered. What a shock that had to be for her friends!

Just curious, how far was Missy's commute to the church? Please don't post her address as there are minor children there.

I don't think this was a hit. paid or otherwise. LE said that they found burglary tools at the crime scene. This killer panicked after he killed Missy. It was likely not a premeditated murder. This explains the "soft" response by LE to the killer, " seek help " " confide in someone" Not a normal response to a killer.It's usually more like " We are going to get you " "You won't get away with this"... The case will be solved by the evidence found at the scene. The advances in forensics are astounding. The killer messed up badly by leaving those tools there. No telling what will show up.

A Wish : that LE would release that video of Missy entering the church...pretty please...

Yes Bill, I see what you mean
I think that could also be referred to as the front of the building as it is facing the same way

Several of my guesses in that (Messerschmitt) case were so wrong. Live and learn, ya know. But hey, in my defense... she was a 'manly' woman ;)

She sure was. I remember all the apologies I got after and I was upset that you were all apologizing to me. Just because I happened to be right about her gender, doesn't mean I'm always right. We're all human and are basically just guessing like everyone else. :)

I still think it's a female in this case though, but if I'm being honest, I'm not as sure as I was in DM's case. If this perp isn't a female, it is a VERY effeminate male. :D (nothing against effeminate males)

To answer some of what you say, this is what LE themselves are now saying:
Police said damage was found throughout the building.

“We don’t understand all the movement within the church,” Johnson said.

Because stranger-on-stranger murders are so rare, Bevers’ spouse of 20 years has been the subject of scrutiny throughout the week.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

As of now LE themselves don't have a satisfactory explanation for what the perp was doing inside combined with stranger-on-stranger killings be statistically rare, they're looking at those who knew Missy as suspects.

Yes, I know what the police said. Cameras are not everywhere in the church. So they don’t know everything that happened. They have said there was no video of the killing. So they are not sure what actually happened.

Also, murders by strangers are not rare. Thats just miss-information in that article. About one in four murders in the US are committed by strangers according to the FBI. That is certainly not rare.

Anyways, thanks for the response, but I don’t think it did answer either of my questions.

From 1993 to 2008, among homicides reported to the FBI for which the victim-offender relationship was known, between 21% and 27% of homicides were committed by strangers and between 73% and 79% were committed by offenders known to the victims.

Violent Victimization Committed By Strangers, 1993-2010

Does anybody know if the church is a single-story building? From some of the pictures, it looks like the property slopes at the back, but I can't tell if it is two-story with an entrance in the "basement" at the back. Thanks.

She sure was. I remember all the apologies I got after and I was upset that you were all apologizing to me. Just because I happened to be right about her gender, doesn't mean I'm always right. We're all human and are basically just guessing like everyone else. :)

I still think it's a female in this case though, but if I'm being honest, I'm not as sure as I was in DM's case. If this perp isn't a female, it is a VERY effeminate male. :D (nothing against effeminate males)

Thinking about whether the perp is a male or female: I don't know many females who would feel comfortable using the various tools this person is shown using to break into a building, going around prying doors open, smashing windows, etc. I'm sure there are exceptions, but in my opinion, generally speaking, it is not the typical behavior of a female.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member