TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO. The perp looked massively out of place/uncomfortable in that get up/shoes with those tools. An act to hide true motive. Murder. Knew her. Her schedule. Down to the minute. Planned out. Small town. Short list of potential perps. Several agencies involved. Will be solved. Just gotta be patient......

Here is some actual news following up on how someone else mentioned that others from the Feds were involved - the answer is the US Marshals and based on what's said it doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other federal agencies involved beside the FBI, ATF and US Marshals:
Several federal agencies, including the FBI, ATF and U.S. Marshals, are in Midlothian helping detectives. They have been interviewing people close to Bevers and going through hundreds of leads.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/family-ask-for-help-catching-killer/152979147
I'm curious why the US Marshals are involved.

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

Missy's Mother-in-Law Writes Open Letter to Killer

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missy-Bevers-Mother-Pens-Open-Letter-to-a-Killer-376991911.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This letter is absolutely heartbreaking. To speak of forgiveness so soon after losing her is something I do not think I could do. They killed that lovely woman in a church, SMH. Still can't believe there are no leads. I am hoping there are and the police are keeping it under wraps for now.

Here's some more info about the US Marshals and it goes into more detail if you read the full page:
Among their many duties, they apprehend more than half of all federal fugitives, protect the federal judiciary, operate the Witness Security Program, transport federal prisoners and seize property acquired by criminals through illegal activities.
http://www.usmarshals.gov/duties/
I wonder if perhaps one of Missy's immediate family members is in the federal witness protection program and that might be one of the reasons why we haven't heard anything from Missy's side of the family, which other than witness protection nothing jumps out to me as to why the US Marshals would be involved. I guess it could be that a federal fugitive could be a burglar, but then you'd have the US Marshals investigating all sorts of burglaries. I guess they could be used for service of process:
http://www.usmarshals.gov/process/
But the article says they're being used in an investigative capacity, which would preclude that explanation if what was reported was correct.

Here is some actual news following up on how someone else mentioned that others from the Feds were involved - the answer is the US Marshals and based on what's said it doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other federal agencies involved beside the FBI, ATF and US Marshals:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/family-ask-for-help-catching-killer/152979147
I'm curious why the US Marshals are involved.

Google what they do. It actually clued me in last week when you put all three together.

Marshals also are assigned by the U.S. attorney general to help local law enforcement agencies, Kinsey said. Involvement with the recent Lee County case falls under the U.S. Marshals' duties to work closely on fugitive task forces and special cases with local, state, federal and international law enforcement agencies.

"Basically, what it does is give the local guy a longer arm. It also gives them extra manpower," said Lee County sheriff's spokeswoman Sgt. Stephanie Eller.

In addition to manpower, especially for the long hours required for surveillance of crime suspects, U.S. Marshals also support local law enforcement agencies by providing additional equipment and funding, said Kinsey.

Certain criteria have to be met for U.S. Marshals to adopt a case.

Basically, marshals assist with any violent crimes or serious felonies, especially crimes committed with guns or drugs, Kinsey said.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...ed-in-local-cases-ep-387831181-342432981.html

Marshals also are assigned by the U.S. attorney general to help local law enforcement agencies, Kinsey said. Involvement with the recent Lee County case falls under the U.S. Marshals' duties to work closely on fugitive task forces and special cases with local, state, federal and international law enforcement agencies.

"Basically, what it does is give the local guy a longer arm. It also gives them extra manpower," said Lee County sheriff's spokeswoman Sgt. Stephanie Eller.

In addition to manpower, especially for the long hours required for surveillance of crime suspects, U.S. Marshals also support local law enforcement agencies by providing additional equipment and funding, said Kinsey.

Certain criteria have to be met for U.S. Marshals to adopt a case.

Basically, marshals assist with any violent crimes or serious felonies, especially crimes committed with guns or drugs, Kinsey said.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...ed-in-local-cases-ep-387831181-342432981.html

From what I gather that aspect of the US Marshals is something they rarely do. I found this talking about them with a task force in another jurisdiction:
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/us-marsh...-worst-criminals-ep-1240964487-335509941.html

From what I gather that aspect of the US Marshals is something they rarely do. I found this talking about them with a task force in another jurisdiction:
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/us-marsh...-worst-criminals-ep-1240964487-335509941.html

I think Midlothian PD called anyone and everyone who can possibly assist them with this heinous murder investigation and I'm glad they did. They are not a big city police department that is used to dealing with violent crimes. The last murder in Midlothian was almost a decade ago I believe.

Often when there is no news, WSers get snippy with each other and defensive about their pet theory. While we are going around and around with the limited info that we have available to us, I'm really glad this thread isn't snippy. Yay for us!

I think Midlothian PD called anyone and everyone who can possibly assist them with this heinous murder and I'm glad they did. They are not a big city police department that is used to dealing with violent crimes. The last murder in Midlothian was almost a decade ago I believe.

Yes, I'm not criticizing the Midlothian PD, just I'm saying what it implies when certain federal agencies get involved. Given this information about the US Marshals and ATF being involved, that would highly imply that at a minimum a firearm was involved rather than just a hammer or other blunt instrument and no other non-blunt force weapon.

Marshals also investigate murder for hire...iirc

Yes, I'm not criticizing the Midlothian PD, just I'm saying what it implies when certain federal agencies get involved. Given this information about the US Marshals and ATF being involved, that would highly imply that at a minimum a firearm was involved rather than just a hammer or other blunt instrument and nothing else.

I agree. I definitely think a firearm was involved. The locals have been saying that all along and I'm inclined to believe them. The involvement of the ATF and the US Marshals just confirms what I suspected.

At the 1:22 mark when he/she opens the bottom of the Dutch door I wish they would have moved forward and banged their head not realizing the rest of the door was still there! The surprise the person shows when realizing the top part is still there was like they leaned back and said something like, "Whoa!" Too bad we can't hear them!

I watched that part at the Dutch door and thought she/he was trying to see out from under or over the ill fitting helmet.

Marshals also investigate murder for hire...iirc

They probably do. I don't think this was a murder for hire, but that's just my opinion, which very well could be wrong. I'm probably in the minority with my opinion that this wasn't a hired hit.

Has it been suggested that the church look and see who "visited" the church services in the last few months?

I think we should just speculate what we see in the videos and theories that center around a targeted killing.....

Military training to affairs to a church mass shooting is way out of the box........

What's interesting is that I came across a news clip yesterday, I think one of the first/earliest breaking stories, and the anchorwoman said "fitness instructor shot and killed." I haven't seen any other reference to a shooting, however. Everything else says either head wound (which of course could definitely still be a gunshot wound), or head wound by a blunt object which would not be a gunshot. I have no idea what or where something got lost in translation or twisted or what, but I was really surprised when I heard the reporter say that.

sorry this was meant to be a direct reply to liltexans post. this is my very first post here lol :gaah::confused::doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper