TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than 24 investigators are assigned to Missy's case:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fe...nstructor-Murder-Investigation-376441291.html

"Investigators said they have received hundreds of tips from the public and that maybe a dozen or so have turned out to have actionable information worthy of a follow up by one of the more than two dozen investigators assigned to the case.

Of the investigators, five are detectives with the Midlothian Police Department and the others come from the ATF, Texas Rangers and the unnamed federal agency."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

(Midlothian Assistant Chief of Police Kevin)"Johnson said multiple local agencies, as well as the FBI, U.S. Marshals, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are assisting in the investigation."

This is more than a love triangle, argument over parking, or disgruntled customer.

Yes, way,way more. jmo

We've been really focused on the time the perp had to walk the hallways, but I think that little window of time - between when Missy showed up and when the first camper showed up - that's where significant clues are.

How did the perp time the crime so precisely?

And how did s/he escape without notice?

Sure, s/he tapped the walls, poked around, smashed here and there....then quickly killed and disappeared.

jmo

We don't know that it was timed so precisely. They could have left their tools their because they were surprised that a camper showed up almost 30 minutes early. Conversely, we don't know that things weren't going inside - like staging - up until the campers started heading toward the building.

True, but it would have to be someone looking at her page, ykwim? While Missy's FB page was indeed set to public, someone looking at her page had a reason to look at her page, whether it was because it was someone interested in her classes or interested in stalking her, or some other reason. It wasn't as if people are randomly clicking around FB to find someone to murder.

JMO

Exactly. I wasn't inferring anyone was randomly clicking. I'm saying someone who wasn't her Facebook friend could still get all of that publicly posted info. That is, *if* she was targeted by someone, they wouldn't have to be friends with her on Facebook...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fe...nstructor-Murder-Investigation-376441291.html

"Investigators said they have received hundreds of tips from the public and that maybe a dozen or so have turned out to have actionable information worthy of a follow up by one of the more than two dozen investigators assigned to the case.

Of the investigators, five are detectives with the Midlothian Police Department and the others come from the ATF, Texas Rangers and the unnamed federal agency."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

(Midlothian Assistant Chief of Police Kevin)"Johnson said multiple local agencies, as well as the FBI, U.S. Marshals, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are assisting in the investigation."

This is more than a love triangle, argument over parking, or disgruntled customer.

YES!! What piece of the puzzle are we missing here??

Yes, this could be felony murder. Actually in the video you can see a glass table, which she could have fallen and hit her head on that, shatter the glass table and killing her. However, given the involvement of ATF and US Marshals, I think this was actual murder where a gun was used, though a firearm may not be the actual COD.

like using the gun to bash her and killing her insteading of shooting her

"Originally Posted by anonypotomous .... People are usually cleared or charged ASAP so they can get on with the investigation, right?"

Respectfully ^ disgreeing. Sometimes LE can 'clear' Person X as not being at Location Y at Time Z, when the death occurred. But as Bill Carson notes, that does not necessarily preclude Person X from having been involved in the death, as aiding & abetting before or after the fact or even being the killer. Sometimes LE receives bad info about place & time, or mis-interps info about place & time of death --- altho not very likely in this case, as the time & place have presumably been narrowed down by numerous factors.
Even when LE 'clears' Person X, often there is no public release of that conclusion. LE may keep conclusion within the dept. Sometimes a person LE
originally 'cleared' of involvement in a crime, is later determined to be involved, as the investigation develops.

Early on, sometimes LE receives a little (or lot) of bum dope from witnesses, tipsters, friends & family of vic, self-proclaimed witnesses who did not personally observe or hear what they claimed, et al.

Not saying incorrect info has provided, deliberately or inadvertently, to LE in this case; not pointing finger at anyone, but 'stuff happens.' JM2cts.

Clearing people is more complicated that it would seem. Someone might not fit the physical description of the suspect portrayed in the video, and so the police could say "We have established that person 'X' could not be the person in the video because he is too tall." But that doesn't mean that person 'X' was not involved in the crime somehow.
This particular crime is an enigma. Let's say the police know for certain who the suspect in the video is. Did he/she act alone? Was it a conspiracy? How many people were involved?
So they might be able to answer the first "who" question, but they want to answer the other questions before they make a move.

Bill Carson ^Yes^.
And often, there's no reason (or no compelling) reason for LE to publicly announce: 'We've determined Person X played no role in Victim's death.'
JM2cts.

RIP Ms Bevers and thoughts & prayers to her friends & family.

If you want another theory that relates to the police academy theory, then keep this in mind....

"Nov. 5, 2012, Richelieu, Que. - A volunteer firefighter in Quebec is being accused of setting fires. Andre Beaudry faces three counts of arson in connection with fires that were set at homes and businesses in a region east of Montreal...."

http://www.firefightingincanada.com...hter-charged-with-three-counts-of-arson-13658

A hit maybe.

I don't get why vandalize the church then? I can't wait to see the arrest warrant for this monster. Premeditated murder, impersonating an officer, vandalism....

I think SI's link regarding FB having 20 days to release SM account info is what we may be waiting on right now. That poor baby!! RIP Shaylyn! Such monsters in this world!

We don't know how many minutes of videotape there are. The police have said the perp spent a significant amount of time in the kitchen, but AFAWK there are no cameras in there. Video shows perp enter kitchen, tape stops, perp comes out several minutes later. There is no tape unless someone was in the halls activating the motion sensors.

could have sworn they said 30 minutes at the beginning. I do firmly believe that what the public has been shown is NOT the whole video that LE has. And what they have is a huge part of the case,but jmo.

Anyone who looked at her very public Facebook page. They wouldn't even have to be a Facebook friend of hers. Since her posts were set to "public", they were viewable to anyone and everyone who wanted to see. :frown:

So basically anyone who knew her, of her or was an unknown stranger stalking her.

If you want another theory that relates to the police academy theory, then keep this in mind....

"Nov. 5, 2012, Richelieu, Que. - A volunteer firefighter in Quebec is being accused of setting fires. Andre Beaudry faces three counts of arson in connection with fires that were set at homes and businesses in a region east of Montreal...."

http://www.firefightingincanada.com...hter-charged-with-three-counts-of-arson-13658

Another odd theory a security guard hoping to drum up business by staging a break-in but ended up accidently killing Missy. It seems a long shot. But I have heard of fire bugs joining the Fire Dept and wackos becoming security guards.

"Originally Posted by anonypotomous .... People are usually cleared or charged ASAP so they can get on with the investigation, right?"

Respectfully ^ disgreeing. Sometimes LE can 'clear' Person X as not being at Location Y at Time Z, when the death occurred. But as Bill Carson notes, that does not necessarily preclude Person X from having been involved in the death, as aiding & abetting before or after the fact or even being the killer. Sometimes LE receives bad info about place & time, or mis-interps info about place & time of death --- altho not very likely in this case, as the time & place have presumably been narrowed down by numerous factors.
Even when LE 'clears' Person X, often there is no public release of that conclusion. LE may keep conclusion within the dept. Sometimes a person LE
originally 'cleared' of involvement in a crime, is later determined to be involved, as the investigation develops.

Early on, sometimes LE receives a little (or lot) of bum dope from witnesses, tipsters, friends & family of vic, self-proclaimed witnesses who did not personally observe or hear what they claimed, et al.

Not saying incorrect info has provided, deliberately or inadvertently, to LE in this case; not pointing finger at anyone, but 'stuff happens.' JM2cts.

Bill Carson ^Yes^.
And often, there's no reason (or no compelling) reason for LE to publicly announce: 'We've determined Person X played no role in Victim's death.'
JM2cts.

RIP Ms Bevers and thoughts & prayers to her friends & family.

***Right, like the Kendra Hatcher case, where they interviewed Brenda Delgado, but couldn't hold her until they had enough evidence against her? BTW I've also kept up with that case since I work in dwtwn Dallas....so sad!!

If the Feds are in on the investigation it is only a matter of time until the perp is arrested. I don't intend to infer that the Midlothian police are not doing a good job because I'm sure they are. They just don't have as many resources as US government. Uncle Sam is relentless with the best resources possible. JMO

I doubt it's a crime if the persons felt unsafe... Timeline would indicate the crime was "fresh" - I wonder how confident anyone was that there was not a present danger to others... Hmm - unless it truly did look like an accident at first glance.

EMS arrived and determined there was multiple signs of a struggle and then LE arrived and looked for signs of forced entry:
EMS workers noted broken glass and other signs of a struggle near Bevers' body. Police searched the building and determined there were visible signs of forced entry.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

Thank you - I'm a bit of a newbie and not sure how all of this usually works.

OK, now that's some good information, IMO.

Where they are taught "building searches." Bingo.

Yes, he is clearing the rooms by leaving the doors open. LE does that, but maybe burglars do too?

Another odd theory a security guard hoping to drum up business by staging a break-in but ended up accidently killing Missy. It seems a long shot. But I have heard of fire bugs joining the Fire Dept and wackos becoming security guards.

I don't think it has to be a security guard hoping to drum up business. It could be as little motive as someone who likes to watch sirens and listen to the police scanner. Or a current, former, reserve or wannabe cop who thinks to his/herself, "We haven't had a murder in 10 years, it's time to shake things up a little...."

I am not pointing any fingers. I have not so much as a hunch, but the evidence does point towards LE, if only because the perp wore a SWAT uniform.

MOOAA

Yes, he is clearing the rooms by leaving the doors open. LE does that, but maybe burglars do too?

There are several RPGs that involve clearing rooms and searching for people or objects.

(Role Playing Games)

Any Police Academy theory I would come up with would involve Commandant Lassard and his goldfish

Thank you - I'm a bit of a newbie and not sure how all of this usually works.

You're entirely welcome. There's not necessarily one way 'all of this usually works.'

You've got a great user name. And welcome to WS. :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member