TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an episode on ID of ' fear they neighbor' ? maybe and the perp reminds me of this perp. Female, obsessed over alleged 'wrongs' her neighbor had done to her. She started snorting the cocaine 24/ 7 and moved away. After a year or so she was still so mad she drove back to town with a home made bomb and a rented van to blow up the neighbor but ended up blowing up herself.
ETA ** SPECULATIVE**
Lots of ideas on ID if you're so inclined. :thinking:

I can answer to the question as to the pulse here in Midlothian as the days go by without an arrest.

On one hand, we are confident it'll come any day now. On the other hand, there's that fear that LE has nothing hard right now to make an arrest and that's terrifying. <modsnip> But LE is certainly digging deeper into some people. As with the Teresa Sievers' case, it took 3 months for the first arrest. Granted, they didn't have video as in this case, but it does take some leg work and most seem to understand that. In general, I will say that it does feel a little eerie around town, especially when it's dark out.

I think most people locally don't believe this is some sort of crime that came at the hands of an unusual suspect. Most seem to believe it's within a circle and also know that some key information has been held from MSM and it'll all come together soon.

P.S. In regards to the speculation of the campers who were there first that morning, I can't stress this more than just my words. But these women were and are still terribly, terribly distraught. They were close bc of there daughters and were waiting outside as they always do while Missy got set up. This has been extremely tragic for them to find their friend in such manner. In fact, that was probably why they erased the posting on FB. People in the class commented on it, therefore, media was able to identify them easily. I know we have to leave all options open, but there's nothing suspicious about them. They have truly been traumatized.

" targeted" for a paid hit, or "targeted" by someone because of their own emotions ?

<modsnip>

LOL!
I said something like this yesterday. This is what happens in cases when we run out of new info. Posts and theories get deeper and weirder on an hourly basis. I guess it beats having the thread die...and it is entertaining. You just never know what may or may not turn out to be true.

No magic 'shrooms here but maybe I should take some so I can understand what's going on. :D

Is there any evidence that the cameras were disabled or broken? I have read nothing that says they were. Only that there was no video from the outside cameras. I can think of a number of possible explanations for that. I think it would be extremely unlikely that the cameras were disabled, and I would think the church would fix them if they were broken.

LE was asked about that and they say basically "we haven't confirmed whether that took place or not" in the press conference starting at around 5:25:
[video=youtube;dFyae4KYe74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyae4KYe74[/video]
So LE themselves isn't ruling out sabotage.

Was he granted bail after he was arrested on the 15th?

and his name is Mr Slaughter................................................................that's unfortunate

The article I had read on him said that he was being held in jail away from other prisoners

I just realized, duh, that the perp has the lights on. He turned them on, or the cameras tripping made them come on? I wonder if they were still on when the campers arrived and went inside? If he intentionally had them on when Missy arrived then as others have supposed, he would have been playing cop following up a burglary call. He wanted to talk to her, had something to say before he killed her. Nut. I read the article written by the attorney who was reminded of the Kaufman killings, the prosecutor dressed the same way so they would trust him and he could gain access to their home.

I just realized, duh, that the perp has the lights on. He turned them on, or the cameras tripping made them come on? I wonder if they were still on when the campers arrived and went inside? If he intentionally had them on when Missy arrived then as others have supposed, he would have been playing cop following up a burglary call. He wanted to talk to her, had something to say before he killed her. Nut. I read the article written by the attorney who was reminded of the Kaufman killings, the prosecutor dressed the same way so they would trust him and he could gain access to their home.

I wondered earlier about the lights...if they were normally on or if he turned them on.

Another interesting news story today from Ellis County: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/26/former-ellis-county-lieutenant-accused-of-stealing-guns/

Eta: today's news

It could practically be him other than it sounds like he was in jail by the time this happened, but one of his stolen guns could be tied to this

Right? Someone also might have a motive to stage a crime to implicate MPD as well as strike out at fitness community? I'm grasping at straws, I know:

"Authorities also found ammunition and possibly steroids inside of Slaughter&#8217;s home. He was taken into custody on April 15 in Cedar Hill. He actually resigned abruptly on March 28, just before the investigation began. Slaughter had been with the Ellis County Sheriff&#8217;s Office since October 2001"

I can answer to the question as to the pulse here in Midlothian as the days go by without an arrest.

On one hand, we are confident it'll come any day now. On the other hand, there's that fear that LE has nothing hard right now to make an arrest and that's terrifying. <modsnip> But LE is certainly digging deeper into some people. As with the Teresa Sievers' case, it took 3 months for the first arrest. Granted, they didn't have video as in this case, but it does take some leg work and most seem to understand that. In general, I will say that it does feel a little eerie around town, especially when it's dark out.

<modsnip>

I think this is a mall cop, police wanna be, middle age white guy, with a mustache and glasses, bum leg, single, obsessed with Missy. He probably had some sort of imaginary relationship with her in his head, "if I can't have her, no one can."

There's a guy in one of the Gladiator pictures - under the "Holy Grounds" picture in the church building that kind of makes my spidy senses go off. He leans on his right leg way more than anyone else in the pic.

Also, I watched the part of the video again right where the split door was being opened in the church building and it hit me- it almost looked like there was deliberate tip-toeing towards that door-- really exaggerated footsteps.

All MOO.

Might not be, but there have been posts implying a LE connection, this guy lived in Midlothian, and... Seemed potentially relevant to me.

Jsoeur, I agree that it might be relevant. At first I thought that may be the gun was recovered at the scene, and it was traced back to one of these missing guns. I also think it is possible that when the former police officer heard about the murder of the Boot Camp instructor, as he sat in jail, he knew who he had sold one of the guns to, and he realized that his situation was about to get a whole lot worse. So he started talking.

Just speculation.

Probably hit it by accident. I've done that.
I'll go with accident then. I don't do FB. I only have a fake account for sleuthing.

I just happened to catch it when I was reading info on their page. I was looking for a floor plan for the church. I really wish we had one.

Wow! Recent stolen guns by cop.(now former)Possible steroids at said former cops house. This is very interesting and may prove to tie into this case in a big way. IMO

I hope it's okay to post this, I found it rather odd...and cruel. I hope it was an accident. This is the Creekside Church of Christ Facebook post about Missy's funeral. Check out the one inappropriate emoticon someone clicked underneath. :(

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153426572272343&id=179345102342

Probably a mistake. I did something similar the other day but caught it and corrected it. It's easy to hit the wrong emoticon on that thing.

Jsoeur, I agree that it might be relevant. At first I thought that may be the gun was recovered at the scene, and it was traced back to one of these missing guns. I also think it is possible that when the former police officer heard about the murder of the Boot Camp instructor, as he sat in jail, he knew who he had sold one of the guns to, and he realized that his situation was about to get a whole lot worse. So he started talking.

Just speculation.

Ohhhh - hadn't thought of that aspect. Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members