TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a moment's pause at that, but I think he was fumbling for her age when she started this new career a few years ago.

7:47 Mr. Bevers says (exact quote): "She decided to become physically fit and for a 40 some odd year old mother of three she was very fit... transformed... her body pretty well sold her abilities in transforming and helping other people"

He is not referring to when she decided to become physically fit. He is referring to after she became physically fit, ("she was"), and after she was transformed and helping others to transform.

I read that Missy began working with Camp Gladiators in 2015, so she would have been 44 or 45, according to the date of her birthday.

I would have liked to had the experience of her teaching. I have been inspired just reading about her classes.

I originally thought this was either a botched burglary or a political statement gone bad. But when I think about them having the lights on I think they dressed so as to really play LEO and gain her trust, plus the statements of targeting from LE, I feel it was someone there to murder her. But not just murder, this person had some to say to Missy, that they had to hide their identity so they could get close enough to be able to say whatever it was. Dressing like LE is often done to gain trust. I think you do that because you want to say something or you want something from the process. Many people have posted that If you just want to kill there are many easier ways. But they wanted to tell her why they were doing this, but she would have known them and not trusted them. And since they had to be there they needed to set up a fake burglary so they wouldn't be suspected.

As time has gone on, I think so too. Up close to say what they wanted to say.

The choice of weapon is very important when profiling this killer. Statistics show that men are more likely to use weapons such as guns or knives, where women are more likely to use a blunt object. A lot of significance has been placed on the gait and somewhat "feminine" build of this murderer, but that is a generalization that may or may not hold importance. If the killer has an old injury or medical condition this could merely be a way to identify them individually rather than by gender. The way the killer breaks glass on doors, etc..., actually seems more like the work of a man. If Missy was a target, this was well thought out and planned- another potential reason for the helmet might be to protect against glass cutting the face or head.

I have read stats about this too. However as a woman I would choose a gun. I would not want a knife or blunt object because I wouldn't want any physical contact with the victim. I'm funny that way. Maybe poison (a la Agatha Christie),but that's it.

The choice of weapon is very important when profiling this killer. Statistics show that men are more likely to use weapons such as guns or knives, where women are more likely to use a blunt object.

I think your stats are off. Guns are the murder weapon of choice for both men and women. Women are twice as likely as men to use knives. Women do you use blunt objects more then men, but by a very narrow margin.

The weapons men and women most often use to kill

I can rattle off my husbands age and birth date with out hesitation, just like I did 3 days ago.

<modsnip> and with that I'm...:offtobed:
My ex could never remember my age or my birthday unless reminded by the kids and his mother. However!!! He was a policeman and he could rattle off my height and weight in a heartbeat. Thx sweetie. Lol

No posts for over 2 hours, wow! Thanks guys, gave me chance to catch up.

I'm not sure about this Slaughter arrest, has anyone seen his name come up before while working Missy's case?

Because the murderer used quasi-impersonation tactics (cops don't like that) plus this is a victim who is fairly young & a mother of 3:

I think this will be solve soon.....

And the tick toc now is going really fast.

Tick toc tick toc tick toc.....

I think LE is working overtime along with the agencies assisting. This one will be tied together with a big bow and solved soon. Forensics plus old fashioned shoe leather will get this perp locked up. I wonder if more info will be released today? LE has their teeth locked into this like a pit bull. All moo.

Tick toc tick toc tick toc

We don't know how many minutes of videotape there are. The police have said the perp spent a significant amount of time in the kitchen, but AFAWK there are no cameras in there. Video shows perp enter kitchen, tape stops, perp comes out several minutes later. There is no tape unless someone was in the halls activating the motion sensors.

bet she was in there eating all the cookies

BB's family has made quite a few statements. Has anyone from Missy's side said things to the media?

Her family and personal friends must have some thoughts but maybe they are reserving them for LE.

So as Missy grew stronger and very independent I wonder what that did to the relationships all around her.

I must be tired. I'm just not getting how some bad cop is automatically related to this case? Crimes are committed all over the place by cops and non-cops. Just because this perp was wearing a fake LE 'getup'...(which to me, was a mish mash of sports equipment and fake lettering)--doesn't mean it's tied to this case.

Please, someone 'splain to me why this is such an "AHA" moment. TIA!

It's possible that there is something missing from either an officers assigned gear, or from LE evidence but something that was worn or used is legit, issued LE gear.

Can you please link to the presser where LE said they have video footage of the actual murder? I swear they said the opposite but I could have heard wrong. TIA!

You are right. They said before the murder was not caught on tape.

The choice of weapon is very important when profiling this killer. Statistics show that men are more likely to use weapons such as guns or knives, where women are more likely to use a blunt object. A lot of significance has been placed on the gait and somewhat "feminine" build of this murderer, but that is a generalization that may or may not hold importance. If the killer has an old injury or medical condition this could merely be a way to identify them individually rather than by gender. The way the killer breaks glass on doors, etc..., actually seems more like the work of a man. If Missy was a target, this was well thought out and planned- another potential reason for the helmet might be to protect against glass cutting the face or head.

According to this WaPo article
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/05/07/poison-is-a-womans-weapon/

Man use guns about 2/3 of the time.

Women use guns less than half the time, but a gun is still the most popular weapon used by women. After guns, women are likely to use a knife, to beat their victim to death, or to use a blunt object.

Without guns, men have greater preference than women for beating, blunt objects and strangling. Women are more prone to kill with stabbing, asphyxiation, poison, fire, drowning, explosives and defenestration.

ETA: I posted this before seeing that KaaBoom already cited this article.

Would a different branch of LE have access to police gear? Let's say like a firefighter? Everyone's thrown around the LE or someone close to LE's possible involvement but could it be someone with access but not actual LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are many convinced this was a botched robbery? I don't think so. I have been reading all day and finally had to skip ahead to post a thought that I had. In thread #2, someone here had posted how they noticed how methodically the killer was sweeping the outer rooms, on the side of the building that was opened and where Missy would soon be parked. Others have posted about how the breaking of glass was a random staging of a burglary. I don't know if anyone posted this idea in the past 30 pages I jumped, but I think the killer was intentionally opening every unlocked door, intentionally breaking every window of the "unlocked" doors. The killer even gave up on the doors he/she couldn't pry open. The killer knew if he/she couldn't pry it open, Missy wasn't getting in there either. I think the killer was planning in case Missy escaped him/her. If the killer opened every single unlocked door, the killer would know which room Missy was hiding in. The killer also broke the glass on every window to make certain Missy couldn't lock the door behind her. Very sinister and seems it's straight out of a horror movie. There was no way she was getting away from this monster. This person was not looking for items to steal and was carefully planning in case things went awry. IMO.
Oh my goodness! This gave me chills. So cold blooded if true. I hope she went quickly.

If she was targeted, something had to be gained by her death.

Money?
Sense of revenge?
Removing competition - professionally or romantically?
The permanent silence of a witness?

She must have been terrified to be confronted by him/her when she got there.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I have got to hear a lot more evidence before I believe it. I don’t think it makes sense for anyone to do that much damage to a building, just to kill one person. Especially if you are right and the suspect is a woman. There would be so many easier ways to do it, that would have attracted less attention, and been less risky.

I wonder about this too, and it doesn't make sense... unless it was part of the plan.

Forgive me if this has been put out there previous, but the only thing I can come up with about the damage (WARNING: My Opinion incoming!) is that the perp in this case was damaging to the building to "stage" a break in scenario that they could point to as the reason for their being there to Missy. They could contact her and say they were simply responding to a silent alarm due to the break in. Maybe the original intent wasn't murder, maybe they were trying to lure Missy to "come down to the station to give a statement" in an attempt to abduct her. Perhaps it was during this process that Missy's "ain't right" meter went off and she either called bs or confronted the perp, who in turn flipped out and, maybe purposefully / maybe accidently, killed her.

BB's family has made quite a few statements. Has anyone from Missy's side said things to the media?

Her family and personal friends must have some thoughts but maybe they are reserving them for LE.

So as Missy grew stronger and very independent I wonder what that did to the relationships all around her.

<modsnip> I have seen no public comment in media from her family.

I haven't been able to follow in a couple of days. Please tell me if in fact the killer did indeed break all the windows on all the inside doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member