TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
depressing and tragic event. I feel horrible for this family on top of Missy's murder. :(

Now might be a good time to keep an extra watchful eye on the children & pets of the family--it's a vulnerable time & more tragedy is not needed. Take caution, be mindful, be protective.

I hope some of the adults are taking special care of the sensitivities of the young ones & helpless pets during this tumultuous time.

Smh

Moo

I'm going with bad reporting. Maybe the dry cleaner assumed it was a ladies shirt because it may have been a more feminine color.

I'm a little surprised that this initiated a search warrant. Well maybe not. Guess they have to look at all angles.

The poor little dog :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You are so diplomatic and I love that. The shirt was white. :loveyou:

"The shirt was an XXL women's white long-sleeve shirt, according to the search warrant."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...-to-Dry-Cleaner-Search-Warrant-377343901.html

OMG what is crazy is that if you have shirt with blood all over why wouldn't you just throw it away and buy a new one with the money you saved from not taking it to the dry cleaners. Idk I don't get it.
Could have been a favorite shirt or had some sentimental value?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm joining late, so forgive me if this has already been asked, but how would one obtain SWAT gear if they are not in law enforcement?

I am trying to figure out how the killer would have even gotten ahold of a SWAT uniform such as that?

Buying online or borrowing/stealing (not too hard in that county with police academy students at the college).

I know what you mean lol. I normally am on laptop, but I got a new Tablet for Christmas... Its very hard posting still from here, even Twitter and FB lol PS This new look still taking me some getting use to lol . And just FYI, reading or posting from every diff device looks different so I have heard. I don't use phone/taptalk but heard its different also . Hang in there.
Thanks very much! I am sorry for any duplicate posts when trying to reply. ☺️ Going back to observing for now ��

In the videos, maybe not. But then, it doesn't take extreme physical fitness to saunter around checking door knobs and breaking out glass with a pick hammer. Early on I thought perp was even a bit pudgy (and the flat-footed gait didn't help alter that impression). But the last video released, at the end, shows the side view of someone who looks slim underneath his gear. And the fact that he jimmied off the door handle of that metal door was no small feat.

Hubby does buildings all the time like this - once I showed him the photos (over the weekend) he told me a bunch of interesting info, including the height of the interior doors (70"), the type of hinge used on the fire doors, and how difficult it is to break fire doors down. The jimmied door was a hollowcore metal 'fire door' with a horizontal pressure bar on the inside. There is a pin that goes up inside the hollow core from the door's handle to the top of the door jamb, and that lock can only be released by the pin coming down from the jamb by:

1) interior pressure on the pressure bar (like people would exert in a panicky fire situation), or

2) taking off the handle and inserting something into the hollow core to pull down on the pin manually

Apparently our perp had difficulty getting the inside pressure bar to work after breaking the glass, since he also took off the handle.

View attachment 93005

View attachment 93004

View attachment 93000

The interior door in this vestibule had the same pressure bar design on the hallway side, and again, could be accessed by the perp by breaking the long pane of glass, then reaching inside to press in the pressure bar. It either worked this time (since the handle wasn't off) or that's when he gave up in frustration and bashed in the glass of the double doors. (I believe because of all the doors breached that our perp only LEFT by way of the broken window. I believe this because I read they have no (hallway) video of him exiting the building...but this is just a guess based on limited info.)

View attachment 92999
I edited this to show Razz wrote the following while sort of answering the above

Razz
I thought maybe that gait and that weird left leg was from an injury. When my meniscus hurts, I walk on the outside of my foot to take pressure off the knee. A little pain med and I'm good to go.

Maybe this M/F was on a pain med that allowed/made him/her take things at a slower than usual pace. And all those stops (checking out the billboard, the lousy attempt at jimmying the door ) may have been an attempt to rest that knee/leg/foot while appearing to be busy. And maybe that time in the kitchen was an opportunity to sit down and take a load off that leg with no cameras watching.

The thing about injuries (and especially those who are athletic and know how to take care of them) is......they heal quickly.

This perp could have been walking just fine 5 days after
the murder and that limp...no longer visible and no longer an issue.

Again, speculation on my part.

I too think the perp went out the window as he was never viewed again on video and Missy's body had glass shards around her. I'm betting she was killed in the room with the broken out window.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

That's because the majority of murders involving the female as the victim, it's usually someone very close to them that is directly or indirectly involved.

This murder was not a "hit type" IMO it's an amateur. Bludgeoning someone is VERY personal and messy. There would be a lot of blood spatter. That indicates a close relationship to the victim, and a lot of anger, resentment & hatred towards them.

Well, it's a sad state when we begin to base our compassion on statistics.

When I read the MSM article, it just sounded like a bad situation--two dogs that weren't used to each other were around each other *because* of Missy's death. (Family traveling from somewhere else after her death?) Dog fight resulted, smaller dog lost. :(

But I only dip into this thread now and then and I only skimmed the article. I know this case is crazy but I don't believe anyone is dumb enough to take their clothing from a murder to the dry cleaners. And a vet independently verified the dog fight.

if there was human blood on the shirt, I would think someone intentionally took it to cleaners ... Very "no confrontation" - not saying that happened here. MOO

Thanks very much! I am sorry for any duplicate posts when trying to reply. ☺️ Going back to observing for now ��

Well dont go far... EVERY SINGLE WEBSLEUTHER has dont it. Sometimes its they "system" that does it (multiposts) Say around, it will get easier ;) Promise

Now might be a good time to keep an extra watchful eye on the children & pets of the family--it's a vulnerable time & more tragedy is not needed. Take caution, be mindful, be protective.

I hope some of the adults are taking special care of the sensitivities of the young ones & helpless pets during this tumultuous time.

Smh

Moo

Animals pick up on stress. I feel bad for this family and that poor little dog.

Jumping in to add a few thoughts. I don't think any of this has been covered, but this thread moves fast!

Over the weekend I visited a friend in Texas who has a screening room (she is also interested in the case, lives in the area). We watched the surveillance videos on a 100"+ screen, and things definitely looked clearer... clearer view of the tools, of the feet, etc. Interestingly, our husbands (who know nothing about the case) watched the videos with us and had some interesting insight. My husband, upon seeing the first tool that looks like a pickaxe said, "oh, he shot her and used that to get the bullet out." I told him that there was speculation that she had been bludgeoned, and told him my guess was that she had been bludgeoned first (to take her down- a head trauma is not always fatal) and then shot to kill. He vehemently disagreed, and felt strongly that my order of the trauma was backwards. After thinking for a few minutes, it made more sense to me. Something that has bothered me from day one is that she was pronounced on scene. I cannot emphasize enough how rare this is in Texas, especially in the case of someone as young and fit as Missy, and especially after only being down MAX 40 minutes. Rigor mortis would not have set in. She would have been cool but not cold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_on_arrival

Injuries incompatible with life are generally the only traumatic cases that get called on scene (I'll let you read on your own what those entail). A gunshot wound to the head is NOT an injury incompatible with life. A blow or blows to the head is NOT an injury incompatible with life. A large open wound with loss of brain matter would be considered incompatible with life (say, if someone used a tool to dig out a bullet-sorry for being graphic). Why would retrieving a bullet be so important in this instance? Maybe because of a stolen gun?

A recent arrest in Midlothian definitely warrants a closer look (note that the Texas Rangers are also involved in this case):

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/new...-for-stealing-pawning-guns-from-evidence-room

Now this fine law abiding citizen and honorable LEO isn't our perp, he was safely locked up in jail at the time of the murder. Another article mentioned that 17 other guns were found in his trailer, along with steroids (still looking for that link). Hmmmmm...

Father-in-law of slain fitness instructor Missy Bevers took bloody shirts to dry cleaner, warrant says

Tom Steele Follow tomsteele Email tsteele@dallasnews.com
Published: April 27, 2016 4:58 pm

The father-in-law of a woman killed at a Midlothian church dropped off “shirts that appear to blood stains on them” at a dry cleaner, a search warrant says.
KTVT-TV (Channel 11) reports that Randy Bevers told employees at the Dry Clean Super Center in Midlothian that the stains were animal blood, the warrant says.

According to the warrant, the employee told police that looked like someone had already tried to clean the shirts.

Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, was found dead at Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian on April 18. http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...oody-shirts-to-dry-cleaner-warrant-says.html/

**** JMHO would make the Mother in Laws comments interesting to re read and the context .....hmmm

From the moment I read that mother in law's letter, I said it was very, very odd. It's quite possible she's 100% innocent, but I still say that letter was written strangely.

I edited this to show Razz wrote the following while sort of answering the above

Razz
I thought maybe that gait and that weird left leg was from an injury. When my meniscus hurts, I walk on the outside of my foot to take pressure off the knee. A little pain med and I'm good to go.

Maybe this M/F was on a pain med that allowed/made him/her take things at a slower than usual pace. And all those stops (checking out the billboard, the lousy attempt at jimmying the door ) may have been an attempt to rest that knee/leg/foot while appearing to be busy. And maybe that time in the kitchen was an opportunity to sit down and take a load off that leg with no cameras watching.

The thing about injuries (and especially those who are athletic and know how to take care of them) is......they heal quickly.

This perp could have been walking just fine 5 days after
the murder and that limp...no longer visible and no longer an issue.

Again, speculation on my part.

I too think the perp went out the window as he was never viewed again on video and Missy's body had glass shards around her. I'm betting she was killed in the room with the broken out window.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yes. I think there are two different things, too - the right foot turnout (which can be hereditary and is present often with flat-footed people - we have that in our family), and the limp, which some are saying they're seeing (left leg?)

The limp, while I haven't noticed it, may indeed be caused by a healing athletic injury. The foot turnout, though, is a structural adaptation often found in people with excessively pronated feet and is slowly acquired over time; it doesn't seem to change or go away (at least not in our family member's case).

Nice to see someone else who thinks the window may have been an exit!

Because I like to read it for myself (I do not trust Media Reporters, their only agenda is Ratings not Investigative Reporting or finding out the truth.. being first in ratings only)

Police were called by the Dry Clean Super Center of Midlothian on April 22 at about 1:50 p.m., McKinney said in the warrant. A person from the business told police a man identifying himself as Randy Bevers brought in items to be cleaned at about 10:15 a.m.

The caller said Bevers also said he was the father-in-law of Missy Bevers.

He gave the employee four items, including a “women’s white long sleeve shirt (Laura Scott) XXL with what appears to be blood spots/stains on it.”

McKinney wrote in the warrant that Bevers “told the clerk that the stains on the white shirt was ‘Animal Blood.'” http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/missy...l-cleaners-warrant-photos-suspect-wife-vikki/

Here is link to the actual Search Warrant Filed today, April 27, 2016

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2815262-SEARCH-WARRANT-16-059.html#document/p1

Page 6 > The Dry Cleaner did exactly what they were suppose to do as are the MPD

Terri missy Bevers search warrant shirt 1.JPG

I feel so sorry for the wife of the FIL who lost a dog she had loved for 13 years according to the full interview up thread!

When I read the MSM article, it just sounded like a bad situation--two dogs that weren't used to each other were around each other *because* of Missy's death. (Family traveling from somewhere else after her death?) Dog fight resulted, smaller dog lost. :(

But I only dip into this thread now and then and I only skimmed the article. I know this case is crazy but I don't believe anyone is dumb enough to take their clothing from a murder to the dry cleaners. And a vet independently verified the dog fight.

Randy Bevers traveled to Midlothian from California with his wife and dog after Missy's murder, according to this:

Bevers’ family members told News 8 that Randy Bevers’ pet Chihuahua was attacked and killed by another family dog on April 21.

Randy Bevers and his wife arrived in Midlothian from Oceanside, California, with their pets, shortly after Missy was killed, according to family.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/source-bevers-family-says-bloodied-shirt-was-from-dog-fight/156692934

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee