TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This assumes the only options are kill Missy or flee allowing Missy to call 911.Given the killer rendered himself or herself unrecognizable the reasonable route would be to knock her out / injure her,stomp her phone and get away. In fact this would have been the smartest route as merely knocking Missy out wouldn't have taken as long as the full on attack did.

Is there any evidence that that was not what he was trying to do? Attempting to knock someone out could easily result in fatal injuries. Often people who get knocked out in fistfights, the injuries end up being fatal.

Anyway the perpetrator clearly didn't want to go to jail, and he was willing to kill to make sure that didn't happen, and it paid off for him.

Anyway

Also by the time LE could arrive and get a description and then decide to go look, the perp would be long gone. It took 3 minutes to call it in and dispatch and then another 7 minutes until LE arrived, but even if by stroke of luck LE happened to be right there at the time of dispatch, you'd still have to have LE interview MB and then decide what to do, so by the time LE was to do anything, the perp would be long gone even if the perp didn't do anything to MB except flee upon seeing her.

I don't believe that is the way it would have gone down. She would have called 911 and reported a burglary in progress. The interview would have been done on the phone while officers were responding. There would have been no deciding what to do. All police officers in the area would have responded Code 3, and when they arrived the first thing they would have done is to set up a perimeter around the building. Even if he did manage to escape before the police arrived, MB would have given a description of him and his vehicle to the 911 operator, and the arriving police would have likely spotted his vehicle leaving the parking lot, or at least on the highway.

Anyway the perpetrator would have had no way of knowing how soon police would arrive.

We are almost 6 months into Missy's case. Has anyone been given a lie detector test? Just wondering out loud here. It might jumpstart renewed interest in this case.

We are almost 6 months into Missy's case. Has anyone been given a lie detector test? Just wondering out loud here. It might jumpstart renewed interest in this case.

To my knowledge that has never been revealed. So much of the investigation has been kept secreted that it is difficult to know what had or has not been done. LE has said that other agencies are still involved in the case which gives hope that it will be solved. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Glad to see Missy's case being discussed again.

I had a hard time for awhile accepting the idea that the murder could have been untargeted (i.e. burglary, wrong place/wrong time) because of how violent the attack was (suggesting something personal.) Now, I'm starting to come around to the idea that the attack could have been so brutal because of how hard of a fight Missy put up. The perp struggled with her and, had to pull out all the stops (multiple body areas attacked) to take her down and keep her down. Just a thought. Thanks.

This article gives me a possible motive for Missy's murder:

"According to a search warrant released by law enforcement officials in Midlothian, murdered fitness instructor Missy Bevers was allegedly having marital and financial struggles at the time of her death and had been involved in an intimate relationship “external to the marriage.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/05/bevers-was-having-marital-problems-before-murder/

The article is from May, but the fact still remains BB stated in the search warrant whom MB was having an affair with, and from the People article, the mother-in-law is "furious" the investigation has stalled.

I think in that little paragraph from the Search Warrant there is plenty of motive:

◾To keep a secret
◾Revenge
◾Frustration/hate
◾Money/Greed
◾Sex/Jealousy
◾Personal Vendetta

I think it is time for lie detector testing to be done. All I can think is the people named in the SW's had alibis that were tight, but it has been 6 months and some might not have such a tight alibi any more.

To my knowledge that has never been revealed. So much of the investigation has been kept secreted that it is difficult to know what had or has not been done. LE has said that other agencies are still involved in the case which gives hope that it will be solved. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They never released the 911 calls either. I don't understand why they would be so secretive about those 911 calls. They can edit out names of the callers if need be. I am glad there are other agencies still involved. The family will just have to be patient.

Hi All,

Glad to see Missy's case being discussed again.

I had a hard time for awhile accepting the idea that the murder could have been untargeted (i.e. burglary, wrong place/wrong time) because of how violent the attack was (suggesting something personal.) Now, I'm starting to come around to the idea that the attack could have been so brutal because of how hard of a fight Missy put up. The perp struggled with her and, had to pull out all the stops (multiple body areas attacked) to take her down and keep her down. Just a thought. Thanks.

Hello! No doubt that Missy was tough and strong and she could have put up a helluva fight, but I guess I keep thinking she was caught off guard and was hit with a hammer and the perp stood over her and kept delivering blows to her face and chest. I believe I read Missy was already dead when the Campers found her. Trying to find a picture of the church for Ayashley.

That is one scary dude. Crazy too. He jumped into the Grand Canyon!! This makes me still want to know about the mysterious message Missy received and shared while in Austin.

Definitely scary!! I knew forgot about that one which is funny since I lived about 2 miles from the country club where she was murdered. This clown went by "Rance" his real name was Terrance. I recall the news civerage at the trial where he showed up in a wheelchair and the halo thing. What a pathetic piece of crap...

article-church3-0418.jpg

Fitness Instructor Found Dead at Church

Police said workout session students found their instructor dead at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex.

— nydailynews.com

This is the only entrance drive to the Creekside Church of Christ.

I don't believe that is the way it would have gone down. She would have called 911 and reported a burglary in progress. The interview would have been done on the phone while officers were responding. There would have been no deciding what to do. All police officers in the area would have responded Code 3, and when they arrived the first thing they would have done is to set up a perimeter around the building. Even if he did manage to escape before the police arrived, MB would have given a description of him and his vehicle to the 911 operator, and the arriving police would have likely spotted his vehicle leaving the parking lot, or at least on the highway.

Anyway the perpetrator would have had no way of knowing how soon police would arrive.

We know for a fact how it did go down with how LE responded to a potential murderer on-site if not someone who had committed a violent assault where LE had no way of knowing of if the perp was still in the building. Under the conditions of a potential murderer still on-site with the 911 callers in potential mortal danger, LE took 3 minutes just to dispatch and this was in response to something far more serious than a mere burglary. The time to dispatch is all the time you need to get away, which going through the dispatch process is always going to take time even if there is a police car that can respond immediately. LE is not going to let their entire police force be hijacked by a prank caller or someone out to annoy an ex, so they're going verify what they're responding to.

Definitely scary!! I knew forgot about that one which is funny since I lived about 2 miles from the country club where she was murdered. This clown went by "Rance" his real name was Terrance. I recall the news civerage at the trial where he showed up in a wheelchair and the halo thing. What a pathetic piece of crap...

He sounds like a doozy... wearing a halo! OMGee. lol! You lived 2 miles from the murder? Yikes! Katie, Bar the Door!!!

I just don't see a random burglary being done by someone who went to so much trouble to dress in such a complete outfit like this perp did. I believe Missy was targeted, but why?

Yes. Right up there where Christina Morris disappeared over two years ago also. Arochi got life in prison last week for aggrevated kidnapping(personally I think her boyfriend who is serving time for drug dealing was also involved but he got immunity). Now we have Jacqueline Vandagriff who disappeared from Denton Texas and was found out by Lake Grapevine - another dismemberment and set on fire. What is going on with killers setting people on fire recently? It is sick enough that he cut her up in a kids wading pool but then to set her on fire???? I am beginning to wonder about the fitness industry- Sussn Loper, Missy, Vanesss Marcotte, Karina Vetrano just to name a few unfortunately. I sure don't go out anymore wearing anything looking like spandex, low cut. I carry a baggy blouse in my car to throw over whatever I'm wearing to go in WalMart or other places where you get unwanted attention. Unfortunate you have to resort to these measures but have gotten tired of being followed in the store, parking lot even while driving home. Ladies always be checking that rear view to see if that car has been behind you a little too ony and DO NOT go to your home. Take a few different turns and if they follow, keep driving to a public place if you can't find a police station of Fire station. I know from personal experience that they may be casing you and return later once they know where you live. Always scan the parking lot and if anything seems amiss, move your car to a closer spot or just leave and go to another store. I have done this and won't hesitate to do it again. Better to be cautious and not be a statistic. Sorry for the long winded post. JMOO. Have a good weekend ya'll and hopefully we will get justice for Missy and the many other victims.

I just don't see a random burglary being done by someone who went to so much trouble to dress in such a complete outfit like this perp did. I believe Missy was targeted, but why?

Yes, I don't believe a burglar is going to all this effort for this disguise to rob a church. A ski mask, hoodie and some dark clothing suffices at night to break in or rob stores, banks etc. Too much effort went into this getup. JMOO

The most obvious would be her spouse wanting to be free, not pay child support, collect insurance money and gain sympathy of his family, community and own children vs a messy, expensive divorce that paints him out to be the bad guy. Some spouses take this route. The other motives: jealousy. Jealous spouse of her lover.
If something was almost stolen I'd be more likely to believe she walked into a robbery.

Some snippets from the PEOPLE article . . .

http://people.com/crime/murdered-texas-fitness-instructors-family-furious-by-slowed-investigation/
Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor's Family 'Furious' by 'Slowed' Investigation
UPDATED OCTOBER 4, 2016 AT 3:58PM EDT
[…]
Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson, meanwhile, says that while there’s “nothing new” to report at the moment, the case is far from being stalled.
[…]
. . . “the love-triangle thing is not really panning out so far,” Johnson says. This means they are exploring the option that the crime was “an untargeted type of hit,” which greatly opens up the field of suspects.
[…]
Johnson says that Missy’s family members “are not a focus of the investigation. And that’s not double-talk; it’s very much not. But one thing I will not say is that anybody is eliminated. I want to stop short on that.”

I don't think the police are joking when they say its not BB. Everyone can keep ignoring it but every obvious suspect has been thoroughly investigated by now. Police may mislead in some investigations but not this late and this directly.

This article gives me a possible motive for Missy's murder:

"According to a search warrant released by law enforcement officials in Midlothian, murdered fitness instructor Missy Bevers was allegedly having marital and financial struggles at the time of her death and had been involved in an intimate relationship “external to the marriage.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/05/bevers-was-having-marital-problems-before-murder/

The article is from May, but the fact still remains BB stated in the search warrant whom MB was having an affair with, and from the People article, the mother-in-law is "furious" the investigation has stalled.

I think in that little paragraph from the Search Warrant there is plenty of motive:

◾To keep a secret
◾Revenge
◾Frustration/hate
◾Money/Greed
◾Sex/Jealousy
◾Personal Vendetta

I think it is time for lie detector testing to be done. All I can think is the people named in the SW's had alibis that were tight, but it has been 6 months and some might not have such a tight alibi any more.

Great post! Why is it that in more than a few of these cases the spouse is conveniently out-of-state? Just like in the Sievers case. Not pointing any fingers, but I have always found that fishing trip interesting. The above list you wrote is spot-on. Human emotions run so deep. What starts out as annoyance, disappointment, feeling disrespected, can grow and grow into full blown crazy revenge-seeking rage. The question is: who felt that kind of rage toward Missy?

I don't think the police are joking when they say its not BB. Everyone can keep ignoring it but every obvious suspect has been thoroughly investigated by now. Police may mislead in some investigations but not this late and this directly.

This information is included in the post linked: "But one thing I will not say is that anybody is eliminated. I want to stop short on that

http://people.com/crime/murdered-tex...investigation/

LE is not eliminating anyone, in my opinion. I think they are still watching and investigating. Missy had contact with a lot of people through her work, church and family. Even the Bevers family thinks she was targeted. It would seem BB had a suspect ready to offer when LE asked him if he thought Missy was targeted. It's messy or complicated. I don't envy the investigators working this case. JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member