Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Razz, those are all very good questions that have earmarked this case from the beginning. "We are just following the evidence". Excuse me! There are a number of instances where it appears that investigators have went out of their way to discount potential foul play evidence in support of a suicide narrative. It has been puzzling.

Remember the story about the Bloodhound that did not catch the fox because he veered off on the trail of a rabbit?
So, I do think it's time for a big reveal.

If they don't have enough evidence to charge someone, they can't have a grand jury, right?

But this case needs to be revealed for what it is. And with the autopsy notes referencing the damages to his skull, it needs to be explained why it isn't being called a homocide. Who bludgeoned this young man and why?

The private meeting was 8 1/2 months after the remains were found. The remains are a very crucial piece of evidence. I can't see that OAG would suspend the case unless the full forensic report on the remains had been completed.
I get what you're saying. I do. But when Thomas went missing and then was found, wasn't it said that they were behind in cases and it could take over a year to get everything done? Maybe I am mis-remembering...but the office was out of Dallas and they had a backlog of cases?

Anyway, that's what I am basing my comment on.

So, I do think it's time for a big reveal.

If they don't have enough evidence to charge someone, they can't have a grand jury, right?

But this case needs to be revealed for what it is. And with the autopsy notes referencing the damages to his skull, it needs to be explained why it isn't being called a homocide. Who bludgeoned this young man and why?

No, they can have a grand jury to find out facts. But yet they chose not to anyway. So is it because they don't want to show their hand or it is because someone, somewhere, doesn't want the general public to find out specifically how they chose to look the other way or cover for someone. Im going with the latter.

Saw this on Kleins FB and maybe we can submit questions and get them answered through his podcast? I don't normally listen to him but might if I think we would get more information.

Starting in 2022, our podcast, The Klein Files, will be accepting all callers for a Q&A section on every episode. Whether you have questions, comments, both good and bad, we will play your message and answer it! Here is what to do:
Call 409.729.8798 X7
Leave a question, comment, or whatever you wish!
We will play these on our podcast and then answer them,
We will also do a few podcast episodes live for ya'll too!
SO make sure to get your calls in!! Do you have a case suggestion? Call it in! Do you have questions on cases we have already covered? We want to here them!
2022 will bring lots of new opportunities for not only our firm, but also for our cases and their families. We are looking forward to it!!

Theres a new episode up of Skip Hollandsworth’s podcast.

Features an interview with Rachel Kaeding from the OAG’s office, speaking on record for the first time.

She discredits much of what Klein said at his presser specifically the Chris Jones story.

It seems they’re investigation is still focused on the family but they arent keen to give to much away. The polygraphs of PM and CM are what is leading then in this direction as well as the cellphone. Kaeding references the signs of deception indictated on the polygraphs of PM and CM when asked if they knew where Tom’s body was and on PM when asked about the phone.

IMO the most crucial part of the interview was when Skip asked whether she had evidence that would lead them to believe that CM was not at home on the night of Tom’s disappearance and she remained silent, seemingly implying that she did.

Also clarifies why they didnt proceed with the investigative grand jury. She says there were multiple indictments planned but did not feel it would be ethical to indict multiple people for this grand jury if they didnt believe they would have the evidence to proceed to a trial following the grand jury. Wont say who wouldve been indicted or what the charges wouldve been.

Not sure what I expected when I listened to the new episode, but it's clear on the AG's focus. The thing I keep thinking about is that I do not believe Penny would leave Tom's body out in the elements. And I don't think she would continue to push for answers. Yes, I know mothers have done far worse as we see in the news. She could play the grieving mother who couldn't handle it anymore & just try to live quietly, but she hasn't done that. They hinted that Chris's whereabouts on the night Tom went missing were in question....did phone records show him in other places? Also not sure what to think of Chris Jones' interview...yes, he's in prison & has nothing to lose, but I'm unsure of the gambling ring. Stranger things have happened in small towns, but that one puts a lot of people in a position of keeping silence (ie, mafia style). I'm not sure when the truth will come out, but I keep hoping that it will and Tom's family can put him to rest vs sitting in the AG's office as "evidence". He deserves more than that.

Why did TB go out with his backpack and computer that evening? Why take it?!
I don't think he 'went out with his backpack and computer'. It was in his car when he left his house. My kids are Tom's age and any given weekend you could find their backpacks in their vehicles, untouched til it was time to do homework on the Sunday before school was back in session.

Why did TB go out with his backpack and computer that evening? Why take it?!
I thought you were referring to him taking the backpack/laptop out of the Durango and that doesn't make sense for him to take them. However, if you're referring to why he had them in the Durango, then I agree with jellybean96. Kids (and me in my day) avoid doing any homework until the last minute ;)

I thought you were referring to him taking the backpack/laptop out of the Durango and that doesn't make sense for him to take them. However, if you're referring to why he had them in the Durango, then I agree with jellybean96. Kids (and me in my day) avoid doing any homework until the last minute ;)
But didn't he come home between the time he left school and then met his friends later?

He was meticulous about keeping his phone plugged in. It would seem to me that he would certainly bring his computer into the house and out of the cold weather knowing it was going to be a long weekend. I don't think a young man as responsible as TB would do that. Books....maybe....computer no.

I am feeling some unease here.

He was meticulous about keeping his phone plugged in. It would seem to me that he would certainly bring his computer into the house and out of the cold weather knowing it was going to be a long weekend. I don't think a young man as responsible as TB would do that. Books....maybe....computer no.

Yet not once, after all this time and numerous interviews, have the family, friends, or LE noted that it was unusual for him to leave his backpack in the vehicle. Not once.

I suspect that the phone was removed from the charger the night he disappeared and was left in the vehicle. Since the vehicle was returned the same day, Penny probably found it at that time. Someone wanted that phone off. If they did in fact remove the phone from the charger, that would be a huge red flag to anyone that knew him well, especially his family and close friends.

I have been critical of the various agencies that have been involved in this case. My unease only grew with the AG's reaction to the families PI, and the subsequent "selective" release of some information. That to me is the larger red flag. Their reaction was not normal, and was almost on the defensive. I am not a fan of PK, but I am less of a fan of the entire handling of this case, including the editor of their local paper (who I believe has little credibility left), Rachel Kaeding and the OAG.

I am beginning to believe that Tom did have some incriminating information, whatever that would be.

I don't believe Chis Jone's story, but there is something going on in that very small town, that those with power and influence do want exposed.

Very good points @Leney. There are many cases throughout history that provide examples where investigators ignored pertinent evidence then strayed off on some side tangent which eventually resulted in a cold case or conviction of the wrong person. I could name a number of recent cases. I hope that is not the situation but I see some red flags with their comments and behavior.

I remember the past post regarding "under belly in Canadian". I believe there was/are situations that provide reasons for a coverup.

With the AG's reaction to the PI's information, I more convinced than ever that the money trail will provide some of the answers.
Red flags are popping from every direction after their "selective" release of information.

In view of all of the information that is has been made publicly available during the past several months, I find a bit of information curiously missing .....

With limited information within AG reports that appears to suspect that Tom's family knows more than they are telling, there has been no mention of interviews/statements with the "friend" that was at the house the evening of 11/23/2016 and that reportedly accompanied Tom's brother during the early stage of the search. That person would be a direct witness to early events as well as spontaneous actions and reactions on the part of the family that night. Yet no mention that I am aware of; no mention by HCSO, OAG, or Klein regarding the third-party witness that was reportedly present in the home during the night in question.

(edited to correct date)

I don't think much of the computer being left in the car. The schools have them locked down so you can't just use them for anything. Facebook, Instagram, and other sites won't be able to be accessed from them. You can't play games on them either. They are generally worthless unless you are trying to access the school's program that has the assignments on them.

I don't think much of the computer being left in the car. The schools have them locked down so you can't just use them for anything. Facebook, Instagram, and other sites won't be able to be accessed from them. You can't play games on them either. They are generally worthless unless you are trying to access the school's program that has the assignments on them.
Why was so much made of the computer and its location to begin with? I know why I'm interested but why others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet