Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You quote everything PM says as if it is fact even though it has been established that she has been less than truthful.

I’m not sure what you term as ”established”. The case is still open and investigation pending: there has been no ruling on the manner of death, no charges filed against any party, no arrests, no hearings, no trial, and no verdict. There was very little information disclosed in the AOG packet that was not already publicly known or expected. AOG was tasked with the burden to investigate thoroughly and "leave no stone unturned". IMO, the information packet seemed to indicate that they are doing so. One important thing to note is that they did not reveal the actual findings of most of the 150 subpoenas, 99 interviews, or remaining 6 polygraphs, understandably so. They have a lot of information that you and I do not know. In my opinion, it's a little early to "establish" anything of substance.

My posts and comments are only a reflection of what I see as the best information that is known publicly and widely thought to be accurate. Sources are mainly published interviews, newscasts, and MSM. Like everyone else, I take some info with a “grain of salt” while other info seems to make sense. There are MANY legitimate questions in this case that remain unanswered on both sides of the "fence". In my opinion, one would have to be blindly bias to not see that.

When I state opinion, I designate that it is only my opinion. I refrain from posting anything that is negative toward the true victims in this case, namely the Brown/Meek families.

You quote everything PM says as if it is fact even though it has been established that she has been less than truthful.

Please remember that we are all here to consider the truth and facts as best as they can be determined. It’s very important to maintain civility and impartial discourse; to that end, I would just advise that if you feel strongly enough in your resolution to directly confront and challenge someone else’s POV, it would be very helpful if you can link to information, or provide post numbers on this thread, that reference to your point.

Does anyone think the public will be privy to everything that's been collected thus far?! Maybe that would help? Well....probably not but I always want to know more. Especially the interviews of all concerned. I am often surprised how some interviewers don't really get to the meat of things and are easily dissuaded or distracted from probing more. I can't help but think that's an issue here.

I have been wondering if others have noticed the following?

Within the NL “unauthorized” secret recording of the 8/21/2019 meeting, while discussing forensic analyses of Tom’s remains Sgt. Kading stated, at point 00:10:10, “ ….. nothing in the remains would indicate the cause of death, no fractures, nothing like that.” However, information contained within the 10/20/2021 OAG informational packet states the following:

· “Comminuted fractures of the posterior maxillary socket for teeth 8-10 but no fractures of the associated facial wall socket. This is consistent with blunt force trauma impact to the anterior teeth. Evidence of postmortem scavenging noted though it is unlikely that scavenging caused this injury”.

· “Zygomatic arch and greater wing sphenoid - Skeletal damage consistent with blunt force trauma that may have resulted from a single application of force. Neither post or early perimortem can be excluded as the cause of damage.”

My point is not to attempt to indicate investigative incompetence on the part of OAG by any means at all. They appear to have been very thorough thus far. Rather, my point is that by the time of the 8/21/2019 meeting, the UNT forensic report was obviously complete. OAG investigators apparently chose to not disclose the fractures during that earlier meeting. Then, in the 10/20/2021 informational summary packet, they chose to release that information. IMO, not oversight. They have their reasons.

Whatever the case, I believe that OAG provides the best chance (and possibly the last chance) that the case will be solved …. of course, in my opinion.

It has been 6 years and the case appears to remain in a stalled state. Sometimes in such a situation, you need to “stir the pot” and see what develops. One thing is certain: If investigators sit back and do nothing, the most likely end result will be nothing. 0 + 0 = 0. That is why I believe that the Grand Jury needs to be convened. Stir the pot a bit. Maybe investigators get “lucky” and discover new evidence. “Luck” does not just happen; “Luck”, good or bad, is the result of actions. There needs to be some action taken by those in authority.

I have stated several times recently that I believe OAG appears to have conducted a thorough investigation thus far…… BUT, I still have this nagging intuition that something is a bit awry with the current state of the investigation. Not corrupt; just “off center”. Maybe that feeling is due to the fact that I don’t know the totality of the evidence that investigators have; or maybe that feeling arises because I fear that investigators are not properly interpreting evidence and circumstances. Maybe chasing down one rabbit hole while ignoring others. I could name a number of “local” cases where the investigators ignored or overlooked important evidence then became obsessively sidetracked on some tangent and ended with a wrongful conviction. It has happened too frequently. Far too frequently. Like any profession, they are not perfect and not all equal in skills.

Prior to OAG taking over the case, much of the affidavit/search warrants generated by HCSO appear to have focused on the belief that Tom was alive and hiding in Denver or elsewhere. They provided are no affidavit/warrants within the “summary packet” that indicated the possibility that foul play could be involved. None. After OAG took over the case, much of the affidavit/search warrant information that was presented in the information packet centered on the phone evidence and whether the case charger was attached. That is all well and good. Such should be investigated. However, that context could lead one to believe that investigators are focusing totally on the aspect that the phone itself leads directly to the person(s) who know what actually happened to Tom. In actuality, that may not be true. This “tree” has many branches and IMO, the phone evidence is only one branch of the tree.

Now, what about the spent 25 caliber casing, the traces of blood in the vehicle, the 10 mile distance between the vehicle and remains, the evidence scattered along Lake Marvin Road, the missing CCTV videos at the two most critical locations, and of course, the facial fractures that were obviously caused by some sort of blunt force trauma, whether it be perimortem or postmortem? Seems pretty compelling that foul play should be considered as a strong possibility. Yet, we don’t seem to see much indication that investigators are seriously considering any possibility of foul play. This evidence cannot be excluded. Before this investigation can totally lean towards suicide, there must be logical explanations on how this evidence “fits” with a suicide theory. I cannot seem to make it “fit” with any logical explanation. Just my opinion.

Yesterday on the 6th anniversary of Tom’s disappearance, Tom’s mother and family and friends staged a protest at the Gray County courthouse in an effort to convince the DA to convene a special Grand Jury. Today is November 24, 2021. The convening of a special Grand Jury needs to happen.

Does anyone remember if anything ever came out about the FBI investigation they supposedly were working on?

· “Comminuted fractures of the posterior maxillary socket for teeth 8-10 but no fractures of the associated facial wall socket. This is consistent with blunt force trauma impact to the anterior teeth. Evidence of postmortem scavenging noted though it is unlikely that scavenging caused this injury”.

· “Zygomatic arch and greater wing sphenoid - Skeletal damage consistent with blunt force trauma that may have resulted from a single application of force. Neither post or early perimortem can be excluded as the cause of damage.”

The following is a completely laymen's opinion and assessment.

So I have highlighted the areas where they have disclosed skeletal damage occurred. Note: a Comminuted Fracture means the bone is completely broken into 3 or more pieces. It's probably a fair guess that if TB had survived, this injury would have required reconstructive surgery.

IMO - These injuries implies at least two traumatic impacts of force - with the impacts being in two different directions: anterior, and lateral. I don't see how this could be anything other than a homicide. Maxillary fractures are common with sports injuries, car accidents, geriatric falls and assault. You would have to jump through some hoops to explain this away as an accident and suicide is, surely ruled out.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 46
The following is a completely laymen's opinion and assessment.

So I have highlighted the areas where they have disclosed skeletal damage occurred. Note: a Comminuted Fracture means the bone is completely broken into 3 or more pieces. It's probably a fair guess that if TB had survived, this injury would have required reconstructive surgery.

IMO - These injuries implies at least two traumatic impacts of force - with the impacts being in two different directions: anterior, and lateral. I don't see how this could be anything other than a homicide. Maxillary fractures are common with sports injuries, car accidents, geriatric falls and assault. You would have to jump through some hoops to explain this away as an accident and suicide is, surely ruled out.

@Nehalem20, thanks for the illustration of facial bones. The impacted portion was on his left side. I agree 100% that Tom suffered either 1 or 2 significant blows to the face/head area and the presence of those fractures is further indication that his death was not suicide.

As I noted previously .... it is curious that an OAG investigator previously stated in a "recorded" meeting that there were no fractures on remains but recently released the information regarding the fractures.

I am not 100% convinced they knew about the fractures at the time of the private meeting. I do think they are trying to discredit Klein by dropping this information.

The private meeting was 8 1/2 months after the remains were found. The remains are a very crucial piece of evidence. I can't see that OAG would suspend the case unless the full forensic report on the remains had been completed.

Why are they looking to discredit Klein? Why not just come out with what they found and know? It appears that the skull fractures point to homocide. So why not say for certain that it's a homocide?

@Razz, those are all very good questions that have earmarked this case from the beginning. "We are just following the evidence". Excuse me! There are a number of instances where it appears that investigators have went out of their way to discount potential foul play evidence in support of a suicide narrative. It has been puzzling.

Remember the story about the Bloodhound that did not catch the fox because he veered off on the trail of a rabbit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo