TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not calling you out, just jumping off your post :)

Does it sound like they had concerns about their son?

so now we need a way to help parents when they see RED FLAGS!
Trust me I am looking for answers too/ I would like to PREVENT mass shootings instead of investigating after the fact. I want SOLUTIONS!

MAG5-60 HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE60-Round Magazine for 5.56 mm Rifles

$149.00
ok great!

Now 60 of those would cost $8,940.

I want to note these are 60 round capacity. I remember LE saying the mags they found were 30 round capacity
and a 30 round cap mag is listed for $22. So, even still, 60 of those would cost $1,320.

Where did he get all this money?

The law is different in Canada, but I don’t see how this technicality applies to this situation.

The NYT published what is required of the police in this type of shooting. The person in charge held back the officers from doing their duty, according to their own written procedures.

Ultimately the purpose of the procedures is to preserve the lives of the teachers and children.
Since it appears that the police chief believed all the children in the subject rooms were deceased, no medical attention could save them, and the gunman was barricaded alone in a room, I think the important question is why did he think this to be true? It's not been confirmed if he was even on sight. o_O

We know that at least one specific child made numerous calls to 911 during the hour wait for LE to act, where she'd informed them that 8-9 students in her classroom were alive.

Not calling you out, just jumping off your post :)

Does it sound like they had concerns about their son?

I wonder if a school cousellor/psychologist could have directed him/his parents where to seek help?

It happens in schools in my country.
In fact, every school cooperates with local therapeutic/psychological centre for children/teens.

A school is the first place where parents seek help when they see worrying behaviour.

But it is usually teachers who intervene first.

Last edited:

Federal Investigators Scrutinize Uvalde Police Actions During Shooting​

I think it should be noted that it was the spokesperson that previously delivered inaccurate details about the incident that said police were afraid of getting shot, and NOT the officers speaking for themselves. I think this is probably why at least one officer has spoken out (People report posted up thread) against the incident commander/police chief.

Which they will most probably do. But this goes deeper - because this is small town America. I keep going back to the beginning - when the mayor was there. The mayor was there from the get. He spoke with reporters and, I'm sure, communicated with LE on the scene. Then, he cussed out a prominent national politician on live global coverage television - calling him a "sick SOB". This is VERY PERSONAL for this man. Life time resident - this is his home.

And all this cuts deep. Now the mayor has to deal with the mistakes another life-long, respected member of the community - so well respected that he was elected to serve on the city council - and very recently at that.

I feel for this community. And I pray for them to have the strength and the grace to overcome what has happened and bring light back to their small town.

JMHO

I, too, pray for this community, the healing will be long and difficult. The entire community, including families of the victims, teachers, LE and city leaders are victims of the shooter and have a long road ahead of them.

Here's a question what about firemen?

Can they stand back and refuse to do their job too?

I'm not upset with you btw, so please do not take this question as such. Legally can they stand back too?

I would think that fire personnel would do their jobs but not rush into a situation where their own lives would be at risk. I don't think we expect LE and other first responders to give their lives as they do their work. Their families want to see them at the end of the day, as we do our family members, JMO.

There are a number of good articles on policing and police responses (both actual and proposed in various policy documents) to active shooter incidents.

One of the experts notes that in solo entry situations in active shooting situations, 33% of the police officers who made that solo entry were shot.

https://www.policeforum.org/assets/docs/Critical_Issues_Series/the police response to active shooter incidents 2014.pdf

“In all of the solo entries we identified where the scene was still hot, one-third of the police officers who made that solo entry were shot.” I’m not opposed to solo officer entry, but think the officers ought to be informed explicitly about what the risks are, if they’re going to take that risk."

ok great!

Now 60 of those would cost $8,940.

I want to note these are 60 round capacity. I remember LE saying the mags they found were 30 round capacity
and a 30 round cap mag is listed for $22. So, even still, 60 of those would cost $1,320.

Where did he get all this money?
He also could have been saving for years birthdays etc. Who knows how long he plotted and planned.

I would think that fire personnel would do their jobs but not rush into a situation where their own lives would be at risk. I don't think we expect LE and other first responders to give their lives as they do their work. Their families want to see them at the end of the day, as we do our family members, JMO.

I think anytime there's a fire there's GREAT risk.

Dbm

Last edited:
I wonder if a school cousellor/psychologist could have directed him/his parents where to seek help?

It happens in schools in my country.
In fact, every school cooperates with local therapeutic/psychological centre for children/teens.

A school is the first place where parents seek help when they see worrying behaviour.

But it is usually teachers who intervene first.
Unfortunately, I think his mother was much more concerned about herself than her son. Her statements have not been those of an involved, caring parent, IMO. Rather, she seems to be very disconnected from the realities of this event in a very concerning way IMO.

His Dad was absent to a degree that SR felt unloved by him. His grandmother was probably exhausted with trying to manage or help him, along with dealing with her daughter's negligence & issues.

It's great that your country had a school system that helps parents & students. That assumes parents are observant, capable and care enough to seek help.

As seen with school killer Ethan Crumbley's negligent parents, that is not always the case.

I wonder what SR's former teachers would say about him? I wonder if when he dropped out the school followed up as required by Texas law as stated below BBM.

Excessive absences

Both the child and parent are responsible for unexcused absences. Yes, even if your child is 16 years old and skips class without you knowing, you are considered responsible!

After too many unexcused absences, the school is required to notify the parent. A compulsory attendance notification will be sent to the parent if a student has unexcused absences on 10 or more days or parts of days within a six-month period or three days or parts of days during a four-week period. Notice it says “parts of days.” This means that leaving school early, or arriving excessively late in the day, even if the child attended for some of the day, may count as an absence.

The compulsory attendance letter gives the parent notice that the student has accumulated too many unexcused absences and gives the parent a chance to correct the child’s attendance record.

A student with excessive absences may also be subject to truancy prevention measures. These measures may include a behavior improvement plan, school-based community service, or a referral to counseling, mediation, or teen court.

A student who is between the ages of 12 to 18 may also be referred to a truancy court within 10 school days of the student's tenth unexcused absence. In addition, parents may be criminally charged or fined if their child continues to miss school.

1653764237830.png

The mind of a crazed killer: SR purchased two new, expensive AR-15's, and left one outside his crashed vehicle. Makes me wonder if SR expected somebody to come and join him at the school. Just asking...

ETA: The guns were said purchased on different dates. I recall the Governor mentioning that SR used a debit card to purchase [at least one of] the guns -- meaning he had money in his account to cover the cost.

I'm skeptical that SR would have the discipline to save each and every paycheck from Wendy's etc., to pay for these guns and ammunition. I wonder if he was earning money in a different activity that paid better than minimum wage? All the above is speculation only and MOO.

Photo credit -- DM.
Texas shooter burst out of closet, shot at CBP agents in classroom

Last edited:
Here's a question what about firemen?

Can they stand back and refuse to do their job too?

I'm not upset with you btw, so please do not take this question as such. Legally can they stand back too?
Actually firefighters do not run into burning buildings where conditions could be life threatening. I know personally of situations where they have not run in to save children or adults because they cannot go in safely. If there is a possibility the roof will collapse, flashback, or other life threatening conditions they are commanded not to enter.

Medics and EMTs do not get out of their vehicles until the scene is secure, even if victims are in danger of bleeding to death.

A student who is between the ages of 12 to 18 may also be referred to a truancy court within 10 school days of the student's tenth unexcused absence. In addition, parents may be criminally charged or fined if their child continues to miss school.

Exactly!
It can finish with Family Court with removal of parental rights (where I live).

It seems to me to be such a difficult call to make.

Unlike teachers, who sign up for a profession that requires empathy and nurturing, police and fire personnel know that their jobs entail a risk to their lives. Their jobs require a bravery that is not expected to be necessary in other professions, other than the military.

I knew two firefighters and one EMT who died on 9/11 at the World Trade Center, plus two office workers who died, plus an old friend who died on one of the planes.

The firefighters on 9/11 were willing, and did, attempt to climb 110 stories with all their gear into buildings that were raging with fire. Yet had they known the buildings would collapse on them, they would have stayed out. Risk, absolutely. Certain death for themselves, which obviously also negates their ability to save civilians---no.

My EMT friend was also in a profession which requires empathy. He was off that day and drove from home to help, but was killed by falling debris after the first collapse. He, like teachers, never intended to be in a profession where he would risk his life and still ultimately not be able to help anyone.

The LE in Uvalve did sign up for this. I don't expect them to charge into the classroom when SR's military grade weapons would have mowed them down, and they'd have died for no reason as they'd not be able to rescue the children in this scenario. But I DO expect that since they were trained for these scenarios, a much better plan would have been in place and enacted in a timely manner. Their training is supposed to help their commanders foresee these contingencies and have an assault plan in place.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members